afanderson33

Ann Budge’s review of the football department

Francis Albert
On ‎19‎/‎09‎/‎2019 at 15:34, Pans Jambo said:

I'm not suggest she wouldn't, I'm saying why should she walk away with less than a year to go only to let someone else run the club whilst she waits for the cash? wouldn't seem right to me.

I don't know. Maybe she might decide someone else would do a better job of running the club. All I am saying is that there is absolutely zero risk she won't be paid back.

Edited by Francis Albert

Francis Albert
2 hours ago, Hearts1975 said:

As much as it was worrying at times we still won 2 cups, got 2nd in the league, got champions league football and probably watched better calibre players that we probably will never see again grace the turf. 

He also kept us at Tynecastle: or at least was a major influence, and last but not least, we came out of administration debt free.

Folk seem to forget, if he hadn’t came along we might be currently ploughing along with 30 million worth of debt regardless of how close we came to standing on the precipice 

you can call him all the crooks of the world  that you want and can argue that, that was never his overall intention for the football club but fact remains if he didn’t come along we would probably be a lot worse off now than we would have been if he wasn’t around and didn’t purchase the club 

you keep calling him a crook if that makes you feel better and I’ll just be thankful that he came along in the first place 👍

In my 55 years supporting Hearts the Vlad years were undoubtedly the best.

Zlatanable
1 hour ago, Francis Albert said:

Vlad knew power, and he didn't take any sh!t.

He swapped the dugouts around, cos the away one covered a bigger area.

He stopped selling the whole away end.

He worked out some people were Celtic/Rangers/Glasgow before Hearts, and dealt with them. 

He worked out Scottish football media, and they HATED him for it.

He saw the weakness in Rangers, when the 'succulent lamb' folk were scared to say it out loud. I believe Vlad helped Rangers run of the cliff. 

Also, there was a lot of downside to Vlad, including the obvious near financial destruction. 

Vlad era has positives in it, in the Hearts story. 

Edited by Zlatanable

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
59 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

:2thumbsup:

Paulp74

There is no way levein would still be in charge if Vlad was around!! He would have been away a long time ago!

Enzo Chiefo
13 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

There is no way levein would still be in charge if Vlad was around!! He would have been away a long time ago!

A karate chop from black belt Roman would have sorted him out. He maybe chopped and changed managers too much but certainly he wouldn't have accepted under performers in the same way as Auntie Ann. Great days were the Vlad years.

Edited by Enzo Chiefo

Enzo Chiefo
1 hour ago, Francis Albert said:

Correct FA. In my 42 years, yes I agree. 

Smithee
24 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

On the other hand, there's no way Burley would have been sacked if Ann had been in charge back then.

:24_shocked:

Glamorgan Jambo

The Romanov years were a stay of execution from the mess Robinson had made coupled with a splurge of a fair bit of cash that came from who knows where. 

By contrast we're about to become supporter owned, are financially stable, and have done a major stadium redevelopment. 

Yes I know results are dire and we have the wrong guy in the dug out but I also know there will be an HMFC at Tynecastle for many years to come. 

Jeepers 

Paulp74

The difference with romanov was that he wasnt prepared to be second best to celtic and rangers. People laughed at him when he said we would separate the old firm but we did it. 

One of our problems at the moment is we are accepting 5th and 6th place finishes. We should have loftier ambitions.

CJGJ
1 hour ago, Paulp74 said:

The difference with romanov was that he wasnt prepared to be second best to celtic and rangers. People laughed at him when he said we would separate the old firm but we did it. 

One of our problems at the moment is we are accepting 5th and 6th place finishes. We should have loftier ambitions.

the diff with Romanov was that he was and is a thief

Comparing him with Ann Budge and trying to defend him tells you pretty much all you want to know about the poster

Supporting crooks......just staggering that people can do so

'We' were duped and still some won't admit it leading to the biggest crisis in the clubs history.

Had we gone bust the posts from his 'fans' would be somewhat different

Paulp74
7 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

the diff with Romanov was that he was and is a thief

Comparing him with Ann Budge and trying to defend him tells you pretty much all you want to know about the poster

Supporting crooks......just staggering that people can do so

'We' were duped and still some won't admit it leading to the biggest crisis in the clubs history.

Had we gone bust the posts from his 'fans' would be somewhat different

Eh?! How were we duped?! He took us on with the same debt he left us with and delivered pretty much what he said he would - apart from winning the champions league! Who knows where we would be now if he hadn't came in, or if we would still be playing at tynie. He certainly wasnt crooked towards us and we actually came out of things better in the end, with our debt being mostly wiped out. 

He certainly had a mysterious side to him and was mad as a box of frogs but did more good than bad for me. Also gave us 2005/06 - probably the best Hearts team I've ever watched. I doubt we'll see a team as good as that again. 

1874robbo
3 hours ago, Zlatanable said:

Vlad knew power, and he didn't take any sh!t.

He swapped the dugouts around, cos the away one covered a bigger area.

He stopped selling the whole away end.

He worked out some people were Celtic/Rangers/Glasgow before Hearts, and dealt with them. 

He worked out Scottish football media, and they HATED him for it.

He saw the weakness in Rangers, when the 'succulent lamb' folk were scared to say it out loud. I believe Vlad helped Rangers run of the cliff. 

Also, there was a lot of downside to Vlad, including the obvious near financial destruction. 

Vlad era has positives in it, in the Hearts story. 

He swapped the dugouts around because the away one was next to the official running that line so closer for them to influence him.

was nowt to do with size 😂

Glamorgan Jambo

It was Csaba who changed the dug outs around. 

Zlatanable
1 hour ago, 1874robbo said:

He swapped the dugouts around because the away one was next to the official running that line so closer for them to influence him.

was nowt to do with size 😂

I genuinely don't understand what that means. 

Zlatanable

kin hell, 

Saint Jambo
2 hours ago, Paulp74 said:

Did he say we'd split the Old Firm? I thought he said we'd win the league and Champions League and we did neither.

The reason we finished 2nd then wasn't because we had loftier ambitions. It was because we spent way above our income.

Should we finish higher than 5th or 6th, of course we should. But the reason we aren't isn't that we lack ambition. It is that we all want to finish higher, but Budge sees Levein as a key part of achieving that while the majority of fans (including me) see Levein as a barrier to that.

If you think that the only thing stopping the club now having as good a team as th 05/06 team is a lack of ambition, I would suggest you are wildly mistaken.