Ann Budge’s review of the football department

afanderson33

annushorribilis III
2 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Apart from our seethe levels, I’m not sure two defeats would make her change anything. 

A depressing thought but one I agree with . Anything short of a prolonged relegation threat and Tynecastle being burned down will see him stay for the rest of the season. 

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soonbe110

• mitch41

• wavydavy

• 1874robbo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

37 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

How about Ann shows true leadership and makes a change to something that is not working, and shows little sign of working?

The decision needs taken out of his hands. 

Agreed but that does not look likely.

12 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Enzo, your hatred of Levein is becoming extremely weird. If you want proof of Craig Levein's bona fides, look at the original 590 club.

Nothing weird about it Geoff. I'm just pointing out that my definition of a Hearts fan is someone who has paid  to get into the ground over many years, regardless of whether they make "positive" comments about the regime that happens to be passing through the club at any given point.  Had we all been "positive" about the regime back in 2004 then the club would , in all likelihood, have ceased to exist. Mackay played an instrumental part in the SOH campaign back then and, quite rightly, trampled over Craig Levein's views in the process.  

Geoff Kilpatrick
58 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Nothing weird about it Geoff. I'm just pointing out that my definition of a Hearts fan is someone who has paid  to get into the ground over many years, regardless of whether they make "positive" comments about the regime that happens to be passing through the club at any given point.  Had we all been "positive" about the regime back in 2004 then the club would , in all likelihood, have ceased to exist. Mackay played an instrumental part in the SOH campaign back then and, quite rightly, trampled over Craig Levein's views in the process.  

Gary Mackay's contributions back then were singing the Hearts song and rattling tins. Craig Levein had a job to do and did it extremely well.

Vlad saved us. Simple as that.

11 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Gary Mackay's contributions back then were singing the Hearts song and rattling tins. Craig Levein had a job to do and did it extremely well.

Vlad saved us. Simple as that.

Wrong Geoff. The SOH campaign saved Tynecastle after the contract had already been signed with Cala. George Foulkes along with SOH was instrumental in buying us time. "Rattling a few tins" is, whether through lack of awareness or not, pretty disrespectful  to those, including Mackay, who gave up a hell of a lot of time to saving the ground. I can't remember, far less care, what Levein and his players did that season. The best victory of the campaign took place amid chaotic scenes in the Gorgie Suite at the EGM.

6 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Wrong Geoff. The SOH campaign saved Tynecastle after the contract had already been signed with Cala. George Foulkes along with SOH was instrumental in buying us time. "Rattling a few tins" is, whether through lack of awareness or not, pretty disrespectful  to those, including Mackay, who gave up a hell of a lot of time to saving the ground. I can't remember, far less care, what Levein and his players did that season. The best victory of the campaign took place amid chaotic scenes in the Gorgie Suite at the EGM.

Vlad paid the exit fee in the Cala contract didn't he?

1 minute ago, Smithee said:

Supporting a crook as long as it suits you seems to be the way of the world

That man took us further down the road to oblivion than Robinson managed and some still want to kiss his backside

10 minutes ago, Smithee said:

He sure did. I referred to the EGM but iirc now I think it was an AGM where all Robinson's reasons for moving were demolished in turn, helped by Jim Clydesdale and others. I think the EGM was after Vlad took over. Absolutely, Vlad saved us financially but buying us time and getting us to a point where the escape clause could be exercised was all down to the hard work of SOH, George Foulkes and various others.

25 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

That man took us further down the road to oblivion than Robinson managed and some still want to kiss his backside

As much as it was worrying at times we still won 2 cups, got 2nd in the league, got champions league football and probably watched better calibre players that we probably will never see again grace the turf. 

He also kept us at Tynecastle: or at least was a major influence, and last but not least, we came out of administration debt free.

Folk seem to forget, if he hadn’t came along we might be currently ploughing along with 30 million worth of debt regardless of how close we came to standing on the precipice 

you can call him all the crooks of the world  that you want and can argue that, that was never his overall intention for the football club but fact remains if he didn’t come along we would probably be a lot worse off now than we would have been if he wasn’t around and didn’t purchase the club 

you keep calling him a crook if that makes you feel better and I’ll just be thankful that he came along in the first place 👍

2 hours ago, CJGJ said:

Em ok.

Jkb really doesn't like innocuous questions does it?

2 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

He sure did. I referred to the EGM but iirc now I think it was an AGM where all Robinson's reasons for moving were demolished in turn, helped by Jim Clydesdale and others. I think the EGM was after Vlad took over. Absolutely, Vlad saved us financially but buying us time and getting us to a point where the escape clause could be exercised was all down to the hard work of SOH, George Foulkes and various others.

I'm with you

Francis Albert
On ‎19‎/‎09‎/‎2019 at 15:34, Pans Jambo said:

I'm not suggest she wouldn't, I'm saying why should she walk away with less than a year to go only to let someone else run the club whilst she waits for the cash? wouldn't seem right to me.

I don't know. Maybe she might decide someone else would do a better job of running the club. All I am saying is that there is absolutely zero risk she won't be paid back.

Edited by Francis Albert

Francis Albert
2 hours ago, Hearts1975 said:

As much as it was worrying at times we still won 2 cups, got 2nd in the league, got champions league football and probably watched better calibre players that we probably will never see again grace the turf. 

He also kept us at Tynecastle: or at least was a major influence, and last but not least, we came out of administration debt free.

Folk seem to forget, if he hadn’t came along we might be currently ploughing along with 30 million worth of debt regardless of how close we came to standing on the precipice 

you can call him all the crooks of the world  that you want and can argue that, that was never his overall intention for the football club but fact remains if he didn’t come along we would probably be a lot worse off now than we would have been if he wasn’t around and didn’t purchase the club 

you keep calling him a crook if that makes you feel better and I’ll just be thankful that he came along in the first place 👍

In my 55 years supporting Hearts the Vlad years were undoubtedly the best.

13 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

There is no way levein would still be in charge if Vlad was around!! He would have been away a long time ago!

A karate chop from black belt Roman would have sorted him out. He maybe chopped and changed managers too much but certainly he wouldn't have accepted under performers in the same way as Auntie Ann. Great days were the Vlad years.

Edited by Enzo Chiefo

1 hour ago, Francis Albert said:

Correct FA. In my 42 years, yes I agree. 

24 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

There is no way levein would still be in charge if Vlad was around!! He would have been away a long time ago!

On the other hand, there's no way Burley would have been sacked if Ann had been in charge back then.

:24_shocked:

Glamorgan Jambo

The Romanov years were a stay of execution from the mess Robinson had made coupled with a splurge of a fair bit of cash that came from who knows where. 

By contrast we're about to become supporter owned, are financially stable, and have done a major stadium redevelopment. 

Yes I know results are dire and we have the wrong guy in the dug out but I also know there will be an HMFC at Tynecastle for many years to come. 

Jeepers 

The difference with romanov was that he wasnt prepared to be second best to celtic and rangers. People laughed at him when he said we would separate the old firm but we did it. 

One of our problems at the moment is we are accepting 5th and 6th place finishes. We should have loftier ambitions.

1 hour ago, Paulp74 said:

The difference with romanov was that he wasnt prepared to be second best to celtic and rangers. People laughed at him when he said we would separate the old firm but we did it. 

One of our problems at the moment is we are accepting 5th and 6th place finishes. We should have loftier ambitions.

the diff with Romanov was that he was and is a thief

Comparing him with Ann Budge and trying to defend him tells you pretty much all you want to know about the poster

Supporting crooks......just staggering that people can do so

'We' were duped and still some won't admit it leading to the biggest crisis in the clubs history.

Had we gone bust the posts from his 'fans' would be somewhat different

7 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Comparing him with Ann Budge and trying to defend him tells you pretty much all you want to know about the poster

'We' were duped and still some won't admit it leading to the biggest crisis in the clubs history.

Eh?! How were we duped?! He took us on with the same debt he left us with and delivered pretty much what he said he would - apart from winning the champions league! Who knows where we would be now if he hadn't came in, or if we would still be playing at tynie. He certainly wasnt crooked towards us and we actually came out of things better in the end, with our debt being mostly wiped out. 

He certainly had a mysterious side to him and was mad as a box of frogs but did more good than bad for me. Also gave us 2005/06 - probably the best Hearts team I've ever watched. I doubt we'll see a team as good as that again. 

3 hours ago, Zlatanable said:

Vlad knew power, and he didn't take any sh!t.

He swapped the dugouts around, cos the away one covered a bigger area.

He stopped selling the whole away end.

He worked out some people were Celtic/Rangers/Glasgow before Hearts, and dealt with them. 

He worked out Scottish football media, and they HATED him for it.

He saw the weakness in Rangers, when the 'succulent lamb' folk were scared to say it out loud. I believe Vlad helped Rangers run of the cliff. 

Also, there was a lot of downside to Vlad, including the obvious near financial destruction. 

Vlad era has positives in it, in the Hearts story. 

He swapped the dugouts around because the away one was next to the official running that line so closer for them to influence him.

was nowt to do with size 😂

2 hours ago, Paulp74 said:

Did he say we'd split the Old Firm? I thought he said we'd win the league and Champions League and we did neither.

The reason we finished 2nd then wasn't because we had loftier ambitions. It was because we spent way above our income.

Should we finish higher than 5th or 6th, of course we should. But the reason we aren't isn't that we lack ambition. It is that we all want to finish higher, but Budge sees Levein as a key part of achieving that while the majority of fans (including me) see Levein as a barrier to that.

If you think that the only thing stopping the club now having as good a team as th 05/06 team is a lack of ambition, I would suggest you are wildly mistaken.

6 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

Best football hearts have played ,under romanov burley etc ,

1 hour ago, Saint Jambo said:

Did he say we'd split the Old Firm? I thought he said we'd win the league and Champions League and we did neither.

The reason we finished 2nd then wasn't because we had loftier ambitions. It was because we spent way above our income.

Should we finish higher than 5th or 6th, of course we should. But the reason we aren't isn't that we lack ambition. It is that we all want to finish higher, but Budge sees Levein as a key part of achieving that while the majority of fans (including me) see Levein as a barrier to that.

If you think that the only thing stopping the club now having as good a team as th 05/06 team is a lack of ambition, I would suggest you are wildly mistaken.

Well, I would be wildly mistaken if I said lack of ambition was the ONLY thing stopping us, but I didnt say that!! 

My point is romanov came in with a different attitude. He wasn't afraid of the OF. We accept at the start of the season that we'll finish behind both of the OF, despite rangers having poor sides over the last few seasons. The club budgets on a 4th place finish and don't seem overly concerned by two 6th place finishes. It maybe sends out the wrong message.

Look at neil warnock's comments recently. He'd love to manage Hearts to take on the old firm. We need a bit more belief and ambition, plus more of a positive attitude running through the club.

Geoff Kilpatrick
4 hours ago, CJGJ said:

:rofl:

:glorious:

The Real Maroonblood
3 hours ago, ford donald said:

With burley and the quality players brought in,Hearts where fantastic to watch.

Nah, the eye bleeding stuff is better.:P

This is a statement of the bleedin'' obvious of course, but the thing about Ann Budge and Vladimir Romanov is they're such total opposites.

Romanov

Was 'ambitious' (translation: spent miles and miles beyond what we could afford)

Won two Cups (but on what we were spending, shouldn't we have won more?)

Called out the Old Firm and media mafia (but only because back in Lithuania, he was the football mafia)

Didn't tolerate failure. But in Burley's case, couldn't tolerate success either

Took the piss out of Hibs by completely ignoring them 

Attacked various other individuals in, um, inimitable style

Reached the Champions League qualifiers. In which we were hammered, rendering it all kinda pointless

Saved the club: not once, but several times over given his constant debt for equity swaps

Is a criminal and went on the run

Made all sorts of promises regarding the stadium. Did nothing and comically blamed the local council

His associates continually treated the fans like they buttoned up at the back

Left Hearts in the worst state our administrator had ever seen any club in...

... But helped save it by ensuring HMRC weren't our biggest creditor

Was the ultimate zany dictator

Basically kept the club on life support throughout most of his time

Never gave a manager any real power

Seen throughout football as doing things 'the wrong way'

Didn't give a damn how he was viewed by others

Budge

Thinks long term, not short term, hence the stadium improvements

Ensures we live within our means

Has so far won no major trophies

Has so far only qualified for Europe once, in which we were humiliated

Has tolerated failure. Real failure.

Is friendly towards other clubs, including Hibs

Is a million miles from being a dictator... yet has alienated some fans regardless

Has given the club a proper, sustainable future

Has given a manager far, far too much power

Seen throughout football as doing things 'the right way'

Cares a heck of a lot about how Hearts are seen by others

About the only similarities I can see are a fondness for club statements and that they both sacked a manager at the start of August. But while life under Romanov was a never-ending rollercoaster, life under Budge is actually too calm. In other words, it's boring. And in life, extremes are almost never good - so Romanov was slagged off for being everything Budge isn't, and Budge is slagged off for being everything Romanov wasn't. 

Edited by shaun.lawson

10 hours ago, CJGJ said:

A crook? Whats he been tried and been found guilty of?

Biggest crisis? We were bust before Romanov came in. 

Romanov should have a statue right in the middle of the plaza. 

13 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

Same length of time for me FA and the same verdict. 55 years of mediocrity with a few highlights here and there BUT in terms of a season long experience 05/06 tops the lot. 

1 minute ago, Walter Bishop said:

What would Bryan Jackson's view of that be, hmm?

The football department was disorganised.  And yet all we know so far of the review of the football department is that the Board is right behind the disorganised plan and a new role was needed to manage half a dozen players on loan at other clubs.

Perhaps the review is ongoing.

1 hour ago, Walter Bishop said:

The pieman and teflon backed us going to murrayfield,call themselves Hearts men!

2 hours ago, Walter Bishop said:

If you are going to reply don't insult the intelligence of the board members

He's a crook its that simple, you know it I know it but in a childish attempt to try and be smart you try to defend him

As I said it tells you a lot about the posters if they are genuine in the support of the crook

PS we were not 'bust' before he came in but we certainly were when he left

Geoff Kilpatrick
44 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

If you are going to reply don't insult the intelligence of the board members

He's a crook its that simple, you know it I know it but in a childish attempt to try and be smart you try to defend him

As I said it tells you a lot about the posters if they are genuine in the support of the crook

PS we were not 'bust' before he came in but we certainly were when he left

So what has he been convicted of precisely?

I also presume you supported selling Tynecastle and moving to Murrayfield by this logic or do you just live your life in hindsight?

Actually, don't bother replying. It will be another pathetic attempt at patronising everyone with your prattle.

2 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

I also presume you supported selling Tynecastle and moving to Murrayfield by this logic or do you just live your life in hindsight?

Actually, don't bother replying. It will be another pathetic attempt at patronising everyone with your prattle.

Still at least you are confirming you are in support of a crook and well done for being open about that

The Real Maroonblood
7 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Still at least you are confirming you are in support of a crook and well done for being open about that

What sentence did Romanov get?

17 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

IIRC he was tried in absentia for fraud, embezzlement and something to do with criminal assets in Lithuania.

I'm not getting on my high horse about it and there were undoubted highs, but of course vlad was a crook, 100%, that's why he's in hiding in Russia. 

Kind of laughable to suggest he wasn't TBH!

3 hours ago, Walter Bishop said:

I’m sure that would go down well!!

D42B52A9-BEC1-4EB3-93F9-3E1543F00A44.jpeg

Francis Albert
3 hours ago, shaun.lawson said:

Reached the Champions League qualifiers. In which we were hammered, rendering it all kinda pointless

Agreed with most of your post but I would love some more pointless exercises like qualifying for the CL, comfortably beating the Bosnian champions and losing to a far better team than Scottish teams including lately Hearts regularly lose to. 

Edited by Francis Albert

2nd - Scottish cup win

4th - champions league qualifiers

8th

3rd

6th

3rd

5th - Scottish Cup win

10th

Administration

The Vlad years. Some amazing moments, mostly early on, in there but there was a lot of turgid shite too. Particularly from 07-09 until jj came back. 

We are a shambles the now though so fair enough to remember those times fondly.