Ann Budge’s review of the football department

afanderson33

Like most fans I supported and backed Ann Budge to the hilt. Her initial running of the club was superb and her investment a blessing. However, over the last months I am seeing a different AB to the one who seemed to be our saviour - and it got me thinking.  Like most loyal fans I have invested many many hundreds of pounds into the rescue of our club.I am a pensioner and can ill afford my contribution. I was glad to donate to the funds, even before the receiver got involved and have also contributed to The Foundation of Hearts. This alongside being a season ticket holder for many years. I will regain nothing I have contributed and don't ask for any recompense. AB has been blessed with ample funding and has invested in our club. But it is an INVESTMENT. Unlike most fans she will get everything back and most likely with some profit. She has at the same time received much glory and been able to benefit from her status and position. I would have no complaints about that if she put the interests of the club first. But her relationship with Levein and her inability to address football issues has soured my admiration of her. A great pity for she had the chance to be an immortal!   If I am to be judged as not  being a "loyal and proper" fan -so be it. I also think she has soured the atmosphere through her over zealous handling of younger and lively fans. By all means cut out sectarianism and bigotry but I like rivalry and lively fans on both sides. People are now rebelling against the way the club is being run, and I for one think their right to do so.   

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soonbe110

• mitch41

• wavydavy

• 1874robbo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

9 hours ago, Adam_the_legend said:

Sorry, so you ARE saying GM is not a genuine Hearts fan?!? 😳

No, what I’m saying is that if all you know about Gary Mackay is what has been in his newspaper column over the last 2 years you certainly wouldn’t think he was a Hearts supporter never mind a ‘legend’ 

5 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

No, what I’m saying is that if all you know about Gary Mackay is what has been in his newspaper column over the last 2 years you certainly wouldn’t think he was a Hearts supporter never mind a ‘legend’ 

One of the reasons he is so critical is because he cares and is in a position to draw attention to what he sees is going wrong.

Is he always right, no. He is more and more recently though.

People should be held to account and that is what he is trying to do. More so than AB seems to be doing

Apologies to Vlad Magic.

I quoted you from a reply, with a couple of thumbs up emojis, thinking your tag would come up but it didn't, making it look like plagiarism by me. That was because I was too lazy to find your original post!

Apologies,  I still agree with everything you wrote and I'm pleased to see that it seems to have annoyed a few folk.

8 hours ago, Blindheart said:

Like most fans I supported and backed Ann Budge to the hilt. Her initial running of the club was superb and her investment a blessing. However, over the last months I am seeing a different AB to the one who seemed to be our saviour - and it got me thinking.  Like most loyal fans I have invested many many hundreds of pounds into the rescue of our club.I am a pensioner and can ill afford my contribution. I was glad to donate to the funds, even before the receiver got involved and have also contributed to The Foundation of Hearts. This alongside being a season ticket holder for many years. I will regain nothing I have contributed and don't ask for any recompense. AB has been blessed with ample funding and has invested in our club. But it is an INVESTMENT. Unlike most fans she will get everything back and most likely with some profit. She has at the same time received much glory and been able to benefit from her status and position. I would have no complaints about that if she put the interests of the club first. But her relationship with Levein and her inability to address football issues has soured my admiration of her. A great pity for she had the chance to be an immortal!   If I am to be judged as not  being a "loyal and proper" fan -so be it. I also think she has soured the atmosphere through her over zealous handling of younger and lively fans. By all means cut out sectarianism and bigotry but I like rivalry and lively fans on both sides. People are now rebelling against the way the club is being run, and I for one think their right to do so.   

Your profile sounds a lot like mine, however I must disagree with some of your remarks. I was a young fan myself once and never, ever, felt the need to run around in a mob singing sectarian songs and making racist remarks. They're not "lively fans" they're just arseholes, AB has been a brilliant leader of the club, as you acknowledge, and I think her statement was pretty accurate.

No doubt about it though, Craig Levein is failing as first team  coach and I think she knows that. There's nothing in the statement that suggests that he will continue to be  coach if things carry on like this. Successful people Like Ann make loads of mistakes in their professional lives, but they're successful because they learn from them. Whatever the result of the next two matches  (and I'm not optimistic) I'm convinced he won't be first team coach this time next week, but he will remain in charge of the academy and probably still DOF.

FWIW I wouldn't be surprised to see Robbo back.

Some amount of conspiracy theorising slavers on here.

Let’s deal in a simple fact - Craig Levein has done a piss poor job as manager and should’ve been removed from his position long before now. No one is sat waiting for defeats either to bash Budge or the club as they come with such regularity.

Adam_the_legend
1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

So he’s not entitled to an opinion? By expressing that opinion he is now no longer qualifies as a supporter or club legend? What a ridiculous position that is. People really will go to any lengths to defend CL, twisting logic and reason itself to make their point. Quite sad really. 

2 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Well one thing for sure is that he is more of a Hearts fan than Craig Levein will ever be.

Seymour M Hersh
3 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Well one thing for sure is that he is more of a Hearts fan than Craig Levein will ever be.

My god that's a new one a proxy Uber fan post.:rofl:

Edited by Seymour M Hersh

Bazzas right boot
23 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

I've often wondered how bad her luxury yacht is if shed rather spend it in an office in Gorgie 🤷‍♂️ 

She needs to keep it on patrol for the upcoming war. 

Sea superiority is key. 

Bazzas right boot
19 hours ago, upgotheheads said:

What is happening here is the truth emerging and being spelled out in no uncertain terms by elements of our so called “support”. Not everyone so save the faux outrage that has spilled forth in huge quantities on here. There are exceptions and it does not take a rocket scientist to see who is who.

The truth is is a certain minority in our support want rid of Ann Budge because they feel the whole match day “experience” has been sanitised to a degree by decisions and in turn exclusions made by the club. 

The atmosphere has gone? Maybe but kicking a few sectarian, racist bigots out the club does not change an atmosphere. Crowds create atmosphere. Winning teams create atmosphere. 

You can try and pin the crap atmosphere at Tynie in Ann kicking a few bams out but the truth is very different.

Craig Levein is now the weapon of choice for those wanting rid of Ann. It is convenient for them that we are having such a poor run. A poor run that I fully and without exception agree is not acceptable and plans discussed should the poor run continue. If you think back to our great run at the start of last season not one of the now hugely prolific posters banging the jungle drums calling for Ann and Craig to leave ever posted. They simply sat waiting for the defeats to start ignoring what any sane person would agree was the worst run of injuries anyone at the club can remember. A run that unfortunately is continuing.

Lets just ignore this fact shall we and call for the head of Ann anyway.? That’s agenda driven behaviour. If you are calling for action based on facts you are nothing but a hypocrite for not accepting facts when people argue against you. Unfortunately elements of our support are hypocrites and driven by agenda.

Ann Budge has defended Levein. Ann has to go? Bollocks. Absolute bollocks. Apart from first team results the work and results the club is producing are first class. The next set of financial results will prove we are leaps and bounds ahead of where we were only a few short years ago. Again ignored by the morons in our support. Levein is directly responsible for a huge amount of work and success out with the first team results. Again ignored. 

There is is every possible chance Levein will be gone shortly. Ann Budge will not make that or any other decision due to fan pressure. 

An opportunity has come up and those that want rid of Ann are trying to take full advantage. Don’t be fooled.

👍👍

The silence by some when we win is telling. 

Easy to spot as well as we haven't won many recently. 

The Motherwell away win was the most obvious recent one. 

Many rabid posters just... Dissappear! 

Kickback actually becomes a good place for a few days, debate, balance, no profanitys, no or little abuse. 

Maybe thats because it's the genuine Hearts fans posting, eh? 

Who kens? 

49 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Kickback actually becomes a good place for a few days, debate, balance, no profanitys, no or little abuse. 

Who kens? 

We will and should win this game on Sunday. I’ll be satisfied and proud of our players if we do well but make no mistake one game doesn’t change fans minds about Levein he has to go. 

Bazzas right boot
20 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

We will and should win this game on Sunday. I’ll be satisfied and proud of our players if we do well but make no mistake one game doesn’t change fans minds about Levein he has to go. 

what will happen-

We'll lose the next couple of key games- he'll be gone. Quite rightly, as well.

or

We manage to beat hibs and Aberdeen, he'll be rightly given more time. If that happens certain folk will barking like mad when we lose and will be nowhere to heard when we win. That will prove it's personal and not about results or form.

Mitch, you are on win or lose, my post and the original post wasn't aimed at you.

The Motherwell win should have allowed the mods to sweep up imo.

Even, Mikey Stewart was shut up when we won!

Edited by Smith's right boot

8 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

My god that's a new one a proxy Uber fan post.:rofl:

41 years supporting Hearts over a Raith fan..Mmmm...that's a tough one. As for Mackay..even longer supporting the famous.

Seymour M Hersh
1 minute ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

41 years supporting Hearts over a Raith fan..Mmmm...that's a tough one. As for Mackay..even longer supporting the famous.

That's more like it. Declaring yourself as an Uber fan!! 

7 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Who kens? 

Being our resident expert on all things football can you please define what a Genuine Hearts Fans is ?

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, wavydavy said:

Being our resident expert on all things football can you please define what a Genuine Hearts Fans is ?

In this context, ones that post after wins and not only defeats.

Pretty self explanatory from the post tbh.

2 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

You called? 

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

:rofl:

I love the idea of Tosh desperately scouring for Kickback handles, judging people he knows nothing about!

7 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Who kens? 

Thought I was the only one that noticed that. 

10 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

If it had been self explanatory do you think I would have asked?

So how many instances of Genuine Hearts Fans do you reckon there are considering  you say in this context?

If I post after a win and say that I still think Craig Levein should go does that make me a genuine Hearts Fan?

Nothing to do with how many years I have supported them through thick and thin and bought a season ticket every year for god only knows how many years and contributed to FOH since the beginning etc etc.

What you are really saying is that you think guys like you who are the genuine Hearts Fans on the basis of some posts on here.

Get a grip for goodness sake.

Edited by wavydavy

10 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Will be a rare occurrence then..

11 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Not by a long way.

3 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Rubbish

Was Levein on the terrace for the Lokomotiv Leipzig game in 76? Has he ever stood on the terrace at Tynie? Has he ever paid to get into Tynie? A charlatan who has hoovered a lot of money from the club since he stopped playing. 

28 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Levein probably now has more ‘appearances’ for the club than your hero I suspect. 

11 minutes ago, Noah Claypole said:

You called? 

I think you should have a word with Levein and give him a few tips since you seem to think you are the expert.

Was Levein on the terrace for the Lokomotiv Leipzig game in 76? Has he ever stood on the terrace at Tynie? Has he ever paid to get into Tynie? A charlatan who has hoovered a lot of money from the club since he stopped playing. 

How would you know?  Mackay and Levein were both paid as per their employment contracts. Think your memory is going if you think Mackay, like any player, earned his corn by performance every week. 

Doubt if anyone ever thought Mackay was good enough for top level in England. Many thought Levein was prior to injury. 

Scotland caps?  And that’s despite two career-threatening injuries 

Management success? 

Theres really no comparison. Can’t believe you can’t see it. 

5 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

I think you should have a word with Levein and give him a few tips since you seem to think you are the expert.

Ok.

2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

How would you know?  Mackay and Levein were both paid as per their employment contracts. Think your memory is going if you think Mackay, like any player, earned his corn by performance every week. 

Doubt if anyone ever thought Mackay was good enough for top level in England. Many thought Levein was prior to injury. 

Scotland caps?  And that’s despite two career-threatening injuries 

Management success? 

Theres really no comparison. Can’t believe you can’t see it. 

Eh?? Did you read my post? Obviously not. I'm talking about a Hearts supporter compared to a paid employee. Nothing to do with their respective playing abilities. As...a....supporter 

Bazzas right boot
13 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

If it had been self explanatory do you think I would have asked?

So how many instances of Genuine Hearts Fans do you reckon there are considering  you say in this context?

If I post after a win and say that I still think Craig Levein should go does that make me a genuine Hearts Fan?

Nothing to do with how many years I have supported them through thick and thin and bought a season ticket every year for god only knows how many years and contributed to FOH since the beginning etc etc.

What you are really saying is that you think guys like you who are the genuine Hearts Fans on the basis of some posts on here.

Get a grip for goodness sake.

Nah mate. 

Bazzas right boot
12 minutes ago, ford donald said:

Will be a rare occurrence then..

That's why it was so obvious! 

😭

Geoff Kilpatrick

Enzo, your hatred of Levein is becoming extremely weird. If you want proof of Craig Levein's bona fides, look at the original 590 club.

Eh?? Did you read my post? Obviously not. I'm talking about a Hearts supporter compared to a paid employee. Nothing to do with their respective playing abilities. As...a....supporter 

So he went to a few games as a fan. So what. There probably 5,000 at every home game that have been to more games ‘as a fan’ than Mackay has. It’s no big deal. Not sure I get your point. None of us are better fans than anyone else. Like Mackay I’m a Balgreen boy, I was there in 76, and long before.  Does that make me one of your Uber fans? It certainly does not make me think I have contributed more to Hearts than Craig Levein. Nor Gary Mackey or JohnRobertson or even most other players. 

Bazzas right boot
8 hours ago, wavydavy said:

I think he was referring to us winning.

He was. 

We've only won once, that's why the disappearance of said posters was so obvious! 🙄

Rampant before, rampant after. 

Litterally about 5 days of some posters "having a kit kat"....after we won. 

36 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

He was. 

We've only won once, that's why the disappearance of said posters was so obvious! 🙄

Rampant before, rampant after. 

Litterally about 5 days of some posters "having a kit kat"....after we won. 

Talking of kit kat's give us a break Tosh.

Bazzas right boot
50 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Talking of kit kat's give us a break Tosh.

You think of that all by yourself.... 😉

Hopefully we all can after a win tommorow. 

10 hours ago, wavydavy said:

Easy: it’s someone who wants hibs to win the Scottish Cup 👍🏻

We have gone from talking about fighting for 2nd/3rd/4th, to accepting 6th 2 seasons in a row, to our manager talking about avoiding relegation.

What a brilliant plan.

Edited by Gambo

On 19/09/2019 at 10:19, Ron Burgundy said:

Dear God.

That is just nonsense.

Good luck getting the medical care that you clearly need.

Its looking more and more like I was bang on the money.

26 minutes ago, Gambo said:

We have gone from talking about fighting for 2nd/3rd/4th, to accepting 6th 2 seasons in a row, to our manager talking about avoiding relegation.

What a brilliant plan.

But Ann and the Board including the FOH representatives think he is doing a great job.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
29 minutes ago, Gambo said:

What a brilliant plan.

You can’t even say it’s a surprise. 

38 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

But Ann and the Board including the FOH representatives think he is doing a great job.

But they don’t.

Edited by Vlad Magic

55 minutes ago, Gambo said:

He needs to do the right thing for himself and Ann and resign. 

How about Ann shows true leadership and makes a change to something that is not working, and shows little sign of working?

The decision needs taken out of his hands. 

2 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

How about Ann shows true leadership and makes a change to something that is not working, and shows little sign of working?

The decision needs taken out of his hands. 

She needs to hope and pray the next four days go well. Two defeats would leave her looking foolish no matter whether she sacked him or continued to back him. But that’s the corner she has painted herself into this week.

7 minutes ago, leginten said:

She needs to hope and pray the next four days go well. Two defeats would leave her looking foolish no matter whether she sacked him or continued to back him. But that’s the corner she has painted herself into this week.

Apart from our seethe levels, I’m not sure two defeats would make her change anything.