Ann Budge’s review of the football department

afanderson33

What a ridiculous statement. 

He has the worst record of any Hearts manager on this run and she is still behind him.

Beyond ****** belief. 

Utterly arrogant woman totally disregarding the fans. 

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soonbe110

• mitch41

• wavydavy

• 1874robbo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Haringshairband said:

Utter drivel. More piss poor decisions being made by the board. I'm not going back until he's gone and I'm seriously considering my pledge now. **** off Ann.

A temporary halt in pledges is the ONLY thing that will even get her attention. The club won't lose money - we can stick aside the payments we would have made and once hes out put it back in to the club.

Absolutely terrible statement.  I have always backed her but that statement is just awful.  She would have been better saying nothing.

I'm also not sure about these claims of us having a strong squad (some fans say it too).  Where is the evidence that our squad is stronger now than before?  The results certainly don't show it.

August Landmesser

Is it just me, but I think that statement is fairly inoffensive (apart from all the ellipses of course)

1.Plenty of information on how the club has tried to address problems in the past; the problems of 17/18 (shite football and Cathro) were different to those of 18/19 (injuries absolutely ****ing us when we were top of the league), and the problems of 19/20 are (so far) a result of steps taken to address 18/19 problems (i.e. a big squad of new players intended to provide injury cover)

2. Admission that the board etc don't always get it right, but that when they make mistakes they do try to fix them; we've stopped major infrastructure spending in order to focus on the team - plenty people on here were clamouring for that when various design decisions were being made about the new stand.

3. A clear explanation of CL's roles and responsibilities and accountability to the board - i.e. he doesn't have power over his own employment (which should be obvious to anyone who knows how a job works). That's clear enough for even the Sportsound mob to understand I reckon.

4. Clarification of rumours in the press, and a 'shut up' to Michael Stewart and Gary Mackay (plenty people on here have said that in the past)  

I'm not sure what people really expect just now. As she clearly points out, "Be assured that [the board] are not ‘burying our heads in the sand’; we are in constant dialogue about performances and what is going wrong on the pitch".

That seems obvious to me that if things don't improve - with this new, better, more expensive squad - that change will happen.

For now, that's the state of play, things won't change before 5pm on Sunday, so I'm going to get along to Easter Road and support the team. 

And the 'genuine Hearts fans' line hasn't riled me up one bit. It was clearly aimed at the bigoted wee shites who don't give a **** about the club's reputation and just want to sing their 'folk songs' and chuck flares on our pitch. 

*tin hat on*

rudi must stay

Wouldn't be unlike Levein or Hearts for him to have left after being given the thumbs up. Maybe that's why the websites down, 'how dare she'd mention how I'm doing, and on the internet'

14 minutes ago, jambo-in-furness said:

To all who are contemplating stopping your gocardless dd’s

The only way to get rid is, to buy her out, stopping your dd’s will mean she carries on as the OWNER of our club.

PLEDGE FOR LIFE.

She is going nowhere either way.

Italian Lambretta

In light of this rediculous statement by Ann Budge should we now have a Poll asking Genuine Hearts fans if they want her to remain at the club in her current position. She has said in the past that if the fans did not want her running the club anymore she would consider standing down. Well sadly i think that time has arrived. 

Just now, RS86 said:

Did they not believe in Cathros plan enough before he was punted? Craig has had more resource, more time and proceeded to oversee a worse run of form. I don't get it?

As someone who was desperate for Levein to succeed until very recently and falsely optimistic about things changing this statement has just annoyed me tbh. There have been people who have been calling for him to be punted for quite some time so can only imagine they'd read that and be more annoyed

That's the problem with the statement,  it will just rile most folk. Almost dismisses the sheer force of goodwill , and £, that the fans have poured into the club. 

Results had better pick up pronto or things will get really ugly 

im clinging on to the hope that the statement is the usual "we support the manager" message that owners say shortly before the manager is given the boot 

Edited by Dinger

3 minutes ago, graygo said:

A takeover bid?

FFS, I'm away for a lie doon. 

I would worry if you are an FoH subscriber.

How did it come about that the lunatics have taken over the Kickback asylum? 

I'm away for a lie-doon anaw. Over and out.

Well looks like she just went all in. Rounding on the media and inferring fans are not being genuine because they aren't blind to what is happening is a sad state of affairs indeed. Looks like she'll be going down with the ship.

As for the comments on injuries no I'm not a medical person but I am a numbers person and I would suggest there is no way that what is repeatedly happening is just bad luck; it's happening to us far more than anyone else. Whether the blame lies at the door of recruiting players at the end of their careers, the training regime, the medical department or most likely a combination thereof it need analysed and fixed.

2 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

Is it just me, but I think that statement is fairly inoffensive (apart from all the ellipses of course)

1.Plenty of information on how the club has tried to address problems in the past; the problems of 17/18 (shite football and Cathro) were different to those of 18/19 (injuries absolutely ****ing us when we were top of the league), and the problems of 19/20 are (so far) a result of steps taken to address 18/19 problems (i.e. a big squad of new players intended to provide injury cover)

2. Admission that the board etc don't always get it right, but that when they make mistakes they do try to fix them; we've stopped major infrastructure spending in order to focus on the team - plenty people on here were clamouring for that when various design decisions were being made about the new stand.

3. A clear explanation of CL's roles and responsibilities and accountability to the board - i.e. he doesn't have power over his own employment (which should be obvious to anyone who knows how a job works). That's clear enough for even the Sportsound mob to understand I reckon.

4. Clarification of rumours in the press, and a 'shut up' to Michael Stewart and Gary Mackay (plenty people on here have said that in the past)  

I'm not sure what people really expect just now. As she clearly points out, "Be assured that [the board] are not ‘burying our heads in the sand’; we are in constant dialogue about performances and what is going wrong on the pitch".

That seems obvious to me that if things don't improve - with this new, better, more expensive squad - that change will happen.

For now, that's the state of play, things won't change before 5pm on Sunday, so I'm going to get along to Easter Road and support the team. 

And the 'genuine Hearts fans' line hasn't riled me up one bit. It was clearly aimed at the bigoted wee shites who don't give a **** about the club's reputation and just want to sing their 'folk songs' and chuck flares on our pitch. 

*tin hat on*

Couldn't agree more. 

All the talk about the plans they have talked about together ........    well, Anne, it’s clear to most folk that the plans aren’t working and it’s time to rethink!  So disappointed with her statement. I just wonder what Levein’s input is at these board meetings for her to continue to stand by her man! Gobsmacked! 

2 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

How did you come to that conclusion reading that statement?

She said as much at the end of the statement. What do you think she’s going to say if he’s not going to get the punt immediately? Do you seriously expect something like 3 games to save his job in a public statement?

It’s quite appalling. The worst bit is the snide address to “all genuine Hearts supporters”. What a low-rent comment for someone running Hearts to make. Who does she think is worried about our continued slump under Levein?

I agree with the poster above who said she is now part of the problem. I can’t wait for her to go if that pile of contemptible crap is her best reaction to the current mess at the club.

Jesus, we have managers for everything and come up with a press release like this. It's the usual homespun shite that looks exactly like it's been written by an overbearing pensioner. She is more pissed off that people have been criticising the structure of the club than the results on the park. Wrong minded, delusional and evidence that she cares little about the footballing side. FoH, get the club bought, change our reps on the board (they remind me of the Lib Dems in the coalition) and move on from this tragic nonsense.

CL's input to Board Meetings

Sept 18 - Things are going great, all down to me

Oct 18 - Still going great, but the injury to Naismith killed us in the league cup semi

Nov 18 - Injuries are making it difficult for us. It's outside my control

Dec 18 - ditto ..... need more players

Jan 19 - ditto

Feb 19 - ditto

Mar 19 - ditto

Apr 19 - ditto

May 19 - ditto ....... and didn't we do well in our defeat in the cup final

Jun 19 - ditto ....... need more players

Jul 19 - ditto ....... but didn't we do well to get out of the group of death in the league cup

Aug 19 - ditto 

Sep 19 - ditto ....... and how about making a statement to shut up that fookin Michael Stewart for a while 

I wanted a statement and got a pile of cack.

ach well. 

I have a ticket for Sunday and Wednesday and fair enough if we win these but if we are sticking with Levein and our losing run then can just see me staying in the boozer for Killie tbh.

Just now, Fareastjambo said:

All the talk about the plans they have talked about together ........    well, Anne, it’s clear to most folk that the plans aren’t working and it’s time to rethink!  So disappointed with her statement. I just wonder what Levein’s input is at these board meetings for her to continue to stand by her man! Gobsmacked! 

None of the plans are for the men's team. She has made plenty of plans tho tbf. I believe a new book case in the library for one. There will be plenty of room soon.

2 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

In light of this rediculous statement by Ann Budge should we now have a Poll asking Genuine Hearts fans if they want her to remain at the club in her current position. She has said in the past that if the fans did not want her running the club anymore she would consider standing down. Well sadly i think that time has arrived. 

Is she actually wanting to find a way out? 

Makes you wonder with a horrendous statement like that. 

Absolute shambles of a statement and completely patronising. Guess I'm not a "genuine fan" in her eyes either despite having a season ticket for the last 30 years. 

Now firmly of the opinion she is a bigger problem than Levein.  

Club is a proper shambles can’t believe what I’ve just had to read... she was better saying nothing. Michael Stewart was right safest job in football.

chester copperpot
11 minutes ago, ford donald said:

She knows **** a** about the football side, that's very obvious now.

That's why her and Levein see eye to eye 

Think she has backed herself into a corner with this one.

She has gone "all in" on CL being able to turn it around - the brainwashing statements have obviously worked on one person.

If we  continue in decline and she eventually has to sack him- which leaves her with zero credibility.

I do not an issue with her statement, now she has put it in black and white, those that are boycotting go ahead, I bought a season ticket do not contribute to FOH and will no doubt continue to go to games as will most.

The board/business have backed the team and there is a plan in place for the football side with our best squad in years.

Clearly the plan isn't to be getting beat in derbies whilst bottom of the league and dumped out the wee cup  at Home by Aberdeen.

Lose these two games and he'll be gone.

Budge has always had my full backing but she’s lost the plot. Levein has given her another excuse about players being injured and she’s bought it. Players are injured but we should still be beating Hamilton and Ross County. 

14 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

What's just as worrying is there's 2 guys on the board representing hearts supporters from foh and they're backing Craig levein ? 

I wonder what the mechanisms are to get these guys replaced? This is now a crisis. Ann Budge is finished at Hearts once she is paid back.

Edited by Flimsy

Leveins Battalion

I'm not a hibs fan or a troll, I have a season  ticket/shares and pledge to the FOH.That statement is one of the all time worst ones released by Heart of Midlothian.Its almost as if they want a war with the supporters.I want Levein and all the coaching staff removed from our club,now I also want Ann budge out.

Can someone explain to me who the genuine fans are ? Not the ones with season tickets. Home and away every week. FOH subscribers. Shareholders. Who is she referring to ?

4 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

CL's input to Board Meetings

Sept 18 - Things are going great, all down to me

Oct 18 - Still going great, but the injury to Naismith killed us in the league cup semi

Nov 18 - Injuries are making it difficult for us. It's outside my control

Dec 18 - ditto ..... need more players

Jan 19 - ditto

Feb 19 - ditto

Mar 19 - ditto

Apr 19 - ditto

May 19 - ditto ....... and didn't we do well in our defeat in the cup final

Jun 19 - ditto ....... need more players

Jul 19 - ditto ....... but didn't we do well to get out of the group of death in the league cup

Aug 19 - ditto 

Sep 19 - ditto ....... and how about making a statement to shut up that fookin Michael Stewart for a while 

Spot on

6 minutes ago, Mid Calder Jambo said:

Somebody must see us as a business opportunity, run the right way.  She is certainly not running the club IMHO the right way.  Regardless of FOH or whatever hearts and any other other are a takeover opportunity every working day. Whilst it was said a bit tongue in cheek if that is the way that we have to go to remove her i for one would support it.

It will be almost impossible for someone to come in and take over our club thankfully. One of the good things about how the FoH is set up.

1 minute ago, Randy Marsh said:

You called this a long time ago.  You were spot on.:thumbsup:

He takes a lot of stick, but it's only because he cares. 

Its depressing as hell, only results & performances will change that, but who has the faith that the current setup can get this squad winning again...

ToadKiller Dog

Ignore the statement ,its a result business .

It's the results that will decide Zombie Leveins fate .he will be gone before the end of October as I dont see results picking up .

Only so long the board can ignore the support .

Selkirkhmfc1874
2 minutes ago, Flimsy said:

I wonder what the mechanisms are to get these guys replaced? This is now a crisis. Ann Budge is finished at Hearts once she is paid back.

I'm not sure to be honest 

1 minute ago, Coco said:

What is the process to remove Wallace and Cumming from FoH?  Does it have to wait for an AGM?

You do realise that whoever is on the board from FOH can do nothing?

13 minutes ago, Mid Calder Jambo said:

Somebody must see us as a business opportunity, run the right way.  She is certainly not running the club IMHO the right way.  Regardless of FOH or whatever hearts and any other other are a takeover opportunity every working day. Whilst it was said a bit tongue in cheek if that is the way that we have to go to remove her i for one would support it.

For us to be a ‘takeover opportunity’ would require FoH relinquishing their majority share, that should NEVER happen unless we’re about to go down the swanny.