Ann Budge’s review of the football department

afanderson33

Big Slim Stylee
27 minutes ago, John mcCartney said:

Ann actually doesnt put levein in a good light when reading the comments by her on him recently.
The above quotation supplied by Zlatan along with her describing him as unorganised as well makes me think of an emerging light at the end of a long tunnel.
I reckon Ann will know to do the correct thing in getting shot of the man pretty soon.

It may be the hardest decision in her professional life to make.

I don’t mean to sound trite but it seems like it’s all getting a bit much for him, as well as us.

That kind of comment from a senior management figure in any business would have all sorts of alarm bells going off. I think Budge will be worried.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soonbe110

• mitch41

• wavydavy

• 1874robbo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, John mcCartney said:

Ann actually doesnt put levein in a good light when reading the comments by her on him recently.
The above quotation supplied by Zlatan along with her describing him as unorganised as well makes me think of an emerging light at the end of a long tunnel.
I reckon Ann will know to do the correct thing in getting shot of the man pretty soon.

Not sure if there is a proper HR function in place but organisational design and ensuring that the organisation is effective from a reporting/span of control perspective should be a priority in a growing business. He shouldn't have to think about reporting lines as it should be planned unless perhaps that structure isn't in place. Would be surprised if it wasn't given Ann's business history.

If not then it should be to ensure that the focus of the coach/manager/DOF is in the right places.

Psychedelicropcircle

In order to review the football department all 13000 of you only need to hold your doe back next summer. 

At this point my decision to do so looks a blinder!

3 hours ago, Psychedelicropcircle said:

In order to review the football department all 13000 of you only need to hold your doe back next summer. 

At this point my decision to do so looks a blinder!

Aye. 😄

Byyy The Light
10 hours ago, John mcCartney said:

She’ll put him back upstairs. The review of the football side quote was lining it all up imo. Don’t think Levein has any intention on staying on after the end of his 3years this year. Nor has he ever had.

Get the impression the squad probably know this too, hence going through the motions.

2 hours ago, Byyy The Light said:

She’ll put him back upstairs. The review of the football side quote was lining it all up imo. Don’t think Levein has any intention on staying on after the end of his 3years this year. Nor has he ever had.

Get the impression the squad probably know this too, hence going through the motions.

when the football dept. is organised by Ann a DOF job should really become 

more of an administrative position which needs to be a person who is 100%

organised. I see Levein leaving Hearts when he loses the Managers job.

Francis Albert
22 hours ago, Zlatanable said:

Maybe. But I am going to try an keep an open mind. 

Ann Budge knows this next year is critical. 

FoH are due to finish paying back 'Bidco' and then take ownership of Hearts in 2020.  

Part 1 https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/foh-take-control-of-hearts-in-12-months-time-and-stuart-wallace-outlines-what-will-happen-1-4892122

Part 2 https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/ann-budge-will-get-final-say-on-key-hearts-decisions-after-foh-transfer-1-4892876

There is a lot of stuff to get sorted, planned, considered. 

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/latest-hearts-news/big-interview-ann-budge-explains-why-she-is-fully-behind-hearts-boss-craig-levein-1-4974718

“I’ve changed departments around in here for good business reasons. Now I’m looking at the football department and reviewing it. My vision is to be the best we can be in everything we do. That’s on the field but also backroom staff, medical department, sports science department. I’m asking if we have the right number of people at the right level and if we are structured properly so there is clarity.

“Sometimes I’ll ask Craig who a particular individual reports to. The answer is always the same: ‘Me, I suppose.’ We are getting bigger so we need some more conventional practices in place to do things professionally."

Like others have said, Ann has been more focused on the non-football parts, and let Craig do that. I live in hope, and I think AB has done a lot of good things for Hearts. If she can focus on the structure of the football side, I believe she will be able to improve it. 

That's quite an eye opener. I can't imagine answering that question from my boss (even if he/she is not the Chairman and Chief Executive) in that way. And if I admitted more than once to not being sure 

who reports to me I doubt he/she would be my boss for very long.

Bizarre. It is not even a question of doing things professionally. Even an amateur outfit has a defined organisational structure which the senior members of the organisation understand.

Edited by Francis Albert

GorgieFifeLife
14 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Sometimes you have to dream. 😎

Aye decent win, struggle second half but got through.  Now we need consistency.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, afanderson33 said:

She must be putting a lot of work into this one.

yip ridiculous really, why mention in the first place !!

A_A wehatethehibs

The football department is currently a black hole swallowing all of the joy in our lives. Hearts fans don’t even want to discuss Hearts at present. Its like talking about Brexit or Scottish independence. Let’s just not talk about it as it’ll just depress everyone. 

It is worse than it was under Cathro, at least with him there was always the hope that they’d sack him. Now there’s no hope we just have to accept the eternal Levein 

Edited by A_A wehatethehibs

Cut The Crap
3 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

The football department is currently a black hole swallowing all of the joy in our lives. Hearts fans don’t even want to discuss Hearts at present. Its like talking about Brexit or Scottish independence. Let’s just not talk about it as it’ll just depress everyone. 

It is worse than it was under Cathro, at least with him there was always the hope that they’d sack him. Now there’s no hope we just have to accept the eternal Levein 

Depressing, yet accurate. 

3 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Question: And who will Ann be advised by during her review of Hearts football departments ?

Answer: Craig Levein

We’re F##### !

4 hours ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Maybe when we win a league game she'll enlighten us. 

Saturday night then !

That’s if they’re not out on the lash, celebrating !

3 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

A proper review will take some time, I would imagine. Could be as late as Christmas for anything to come out of it. 

I doubt we will see anything of note come from it in all honesty. I've a feeling that it's simply a HR exercise to implement actual reporting lines instead of the unstructured way at present where everyone reports directly to CL so 1st team coaches report to McPhee who reports to CL, Academy coaches report to Arnott who reports to CL, scouts report to Murray who reports to CL etc etc

3 minutes ago, Ribble said:

I doubt we will see anything of note come from it in all honesty. I've a feeling that it's simply a HR exercise to implement actual reporting lines instead of the unstructured way at present where everyone reports directly to CL so 1st team coaches report to McPhee who reports to CL, Academy coaches report to Arnott who reports to CL, scouts report to Murray who reports to CL etc etc

CEO reports to CL.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/08/2019 at 13:22, mitch41 said:

Why is he still the manager that is the question.

whether 'tis in Ann's mind to let us suffer,

the slugs of drink help us from suffering,

that helps us to forget our troubles,

the heart-ache and the thousands of fans,

who shuffle out of our holy tynecastle, 

after another huff and puff of a performance,

we pray for change so our hearts can be lifted.

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611e3a9520e1e587ec86d

Edited by Gizmo

On 13/08/2019 at 11:25, mitch41 said:

when the football dept. is organised by Ann a DOF job should really become 

more of an administrative position which needs to be a person who is 100%

organised. I see Levein leaving Hearts when he loses the Managers job.

I think the problem is that he actually has far too much on his plate. Neither job is getting done properly. I actually think that he knows himself that the present situation just cannot be sustained. He actually did a very good job as DoF to start with. That’s were his strength is and he should get back to that and get a new man in post looking after first team affairs. Preferably not one of the present set of coaches. 

Mid Calder Jambo
43 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

I reckon this review will be important. 

Wonder when it will arrive, and if we will get to see it. I'm thinking it will be an internal document, and we'll get a summary of it.

I think it will be like the sign in the pub  "Free beer tomorrow". I don't hold out much hope that Hoddit and Doddit will bring anything out. 

By the way is CL away yet.  Don't know what to do on Saturday.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
On 26/08/2019 at 07:57, Nookie Bear said:

A proper review will take some time, I would imagine. Could be as late as Christmas for anything to come out of it. 

No rush, season is over already.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Just now, Zlatanable said:

I can't criticise you deciding to be wholeheartedly miserable and cynical about it. 

One day at a time for me though, so I am waiting for this review. I think it will tell us a lot; how it communicated, not just what it says. 

It’ll be about 50,000 words long, split into sections and - in conclusion - will say ‘we need to see improvement but it doesn’t really matter if we don’t.’

Followed by a ticking off from our behaviour and some comments about Hibs hopefully winning a trophy.

1 minute ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

It’ll be about 50,000 words long, split into sections and - in conclusion - will say ‘we need to see improvement but it doesn’t really matter if we don’t.’

Followed by a ticking off from our behaviour and some comments about Hibs hopefully winning a trophy.

Genuinely funny post right there. 

Mid Calder Jambo
16 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

I can't criticise you deciding to be wholeheartedly miserable and cynical about it. 

One day at a time for me though, so I am waiting for this review. I think it will tell us a lot; how it communicated, not just what it says. 

The issue that I have with the current regime is that it is their way or the highway.  We have had the same song sung since CL took over again and until we got cheated by Father Collum ay Murrayfield we were doing ok.  Now that CL has had his hee haws well and truly kicked he has no plan B.  That worries me because computer woman doesn't have a scooby doo either. If we were a wedding venue or a restaurant chain then we mught have a chance but we are a frekin football club that should be judged by results on the pitch and currently that means null points.

Edited by Mid Calder Jambo

On 26/08/2019 at 07:57, Nookie Bear said:

It shouldn't take anywhere near that long.  I worked for a large financial organisation, annual turnover >£20 bn, and a full strategic review would be undertaken every 3 years, and would take c 3 months.  Hearts is an infinitely smaller business, and we are only reviewing the football department, so it really shouldn't take anything like 3 months to complete, 4-6 weeks should be more than enough time.

3 hours ago, Zlatanable said:

I reckon this review will be important. 

Wonder when it will arrive, and if we will get to see it. I'm thinking it will be an internal document, and we'll get a summary of it.

It reads as follows:

Conclusion = Craig is doing a fine job.

11 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

It reads as follows:

Conclusion = Craig is doing a fine job.

It will say that Craig will no longer have a haphazard approach to the job and it's not my fault for letting him be that way.  

And someone in charge saying ' I don't know what to do about it ' will no longer be accepted.  

5 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

I am looking forward to a powerpoint presentation on a massive screen at Tynecastle, with free biscuits and time set aside for booing at the end.

Brilliant.

7 hours ago, Zlatanable said:

I don't think it will be like that. There is more to it. Imo

Apologies.

Conclusion = Craig, the boy band wannabe and the hippie are doing a fine job.

Stephen Muddie
31 minutes ago, pointon said:

Football review 

cake and bake sale followed by face painting 

:gok:

19 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Don't forget the spelling bee.

:arry:

19 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Apologies.

lol - Who, pray tell, is the "boy band wannabe"?

been here before
1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

Apologies.

1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

Don't forget the spelling bee.

How does it go...

20190903_121704.jpg.93638ac5789e701aeffd368e7e18a8e6.jpg

Stephen Muddie
14 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Daly with his earpiece

Ah I see, I wondered if you perhaps were referencing Gallacher's deep tan and hairdo.