Ann Budge’s review of the football department

afanderson33

1 minute ago, Sagan said:

Levein is still allowed to sign players, does that not tell you something? 

He’s still the Manager. 

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soonbe110

• mitch41

• wavydavy

• 1874robbo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Could. 

Would because nobody could be worse except McPhee or Daly. 

Get Gary Naismith, Gary Locke, Steven Naismith & Neil McCann in charge 

taking over from Levein, McPhee, Daly and Fox now that would be exciting 

for the team and the fans. All on a temporary basis until a new manager 

is appointed. I'd keep Andy Kirk in charge of the kids for now.

rudi must stay
21 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Beat by Motherwell on Friday she has to take action. 

The conversation should take place this week,  not as if there isn't a graceful get out clause with this one. 

Agree to move back to director level and appoint a manager, who has control of first team,  a coach who spends all of their time and energy coaching instead of delegating. 

Why is Motherwell all of a sudden a massive game (League Cup in August). He has a 3 year deal and every signing he's wanted he's got, so he's been backed. He has survived East Fife too

The job is his as long as he wants. I just hope Ann Budge doesn't give him an extension, I cannot imagine the reaction of the fans

TweedbankJambo
22 hours ago, pointon said:

Out off curiosity do you think any of the directors pay attention to this forum?

I often wonder this, I also wonder if we can email snippets of threads to certain people 🤔 surely they have enough time to check the main forum for our fans? 

5 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

I'm sorry, but that is nuts. Why would anyone want Locke near the team again, Naismith (Steven) shouldnt be quoted anywhere for the management position, same with McCann. When CL leaves we shouldnt be going young and inexperienced. 

Changing before Friday is ridiculous. I think he has the Hamilton game to Steady the team and incorporate the new signings. If we go out badly on Friday, take a Hibs style pumping at Celtic then fail to win convincingly against Hamilton, then we have to change. 

One things for sure once Levein has been sacked there won't be a line of clubs 

wanting to employ him so he'd probably just sit in his house in Fife taking the 

wage he is due. 

5 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Why is Motherwell all of a sudden a massive game (League Cup in August). He has a 3 year deal and every signing he's wanted he's got, so he's been backed. He has survived East Fife too

The job is his as long as he wants. I just hope Ann Budge doesn't give him an extension, I cannot imagine the reaction of the fans

It's a massive game because we will not win the league, so we have two relistic opportunities to win a trophy in a season, and this is one of them. This disregard for the league cup is bizarre. Yes, we'd rather win the Scottish cup, but we'd be mad not to give our best for the league cup too. 

1 minute ago, tokyowalnut said:

I'm sorry, but that is nuts. Why would anyone want Locke near the team again, Naismith (Steven) shouldnt be quoted anywhere for the management position, same with McCann. When CL leaves we shouldnt be going young and inexperienced. 

Changing before Friday is ridiculous. I think he has the Hamilton game to Steady the team and incorporate the new signings. If we go out badly on Friday, take a Hibs style pumping at Celtic then fail to win convincingly against Hamilton, then we have to change. 

It is ridiculous to keep Levein in charge for Friday when he keeps getting it wrong. Inevitable we will get beat with him I charge. 3 away wins this year, Cowdenbeath, Dundee and Killie. 

1 minute ago, mitch41 said:

One things for sure once Levein has been sacked there won't be a line of clubs 

wanting to employ him so he'd probably just sit in his house in Fife taking the 

wage he is due. 

As would you & everyone else on here. 

35 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

And that is a reason to get Levein out the door asap. You see where i'm coming from, a caretaker 

manager would be more productive and lift our fans for the next game.

Why have you not mentioned this before?

8 minutes ago, tokyowalnut said:

Yip. 

9 minutes ago, tokyowalnut said:

These lads are very talented explayers 3 with management experience. We will need someone 

to take over when CL & co get the old heave hoe. Where is your sense of adventure as these 4 

musketeers would give the whole club a boost. We want the fans to be excited and full of 

hope that Hearts can be the team every club fears.

rudi must stay
22 minutes ago, jamboj said:

It's a massive game because we will not win the league, so we have two relistic opportunities to win a trophy in a season, and this is one of them. This disregard for the league cup is bizarre. Yes, we'd rather win the Scottish cup, but we'd be mad not to give our best for the league cup too. 

We were never going to win the league and we're two games in anyway, plenty time to turn it around. As for trophies "another season without a trophy" what Hearts fan says that 

This 'our best' thinking hurts us IMO. We have no god given right to win anything or beat anyone and it's seriously harming us right now. 'oh we'd have won that if we'd tried' we're not Real Madrid. The team need support and encouragement

Edited by rudi must stay

19 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Yip. 

How can you agree with this gadgy. If you don't know by now you'll never never know 

Levein is finished. What is giving him another 2 games going to achieve my wee pal. I really worry 

about you as i really believe that you still think Levein & co can be a success at Hearts and your

turning a blind eye to the evidence that is blindingly obvious.

43 minutes ago, iainmac said:

As would you & everyone else on here. 

I would get another job as i've worked since i was 15 and now retired. You leave a job and 

get another job unless your lazy or unable to work for health reasons. After Levein got the 

sack from the Scotland job he did what he did and was the luckiest man to get the DOF 

gig at Hearts thanks to Ann Budge. After Cathro got the sack no candidate was acceptable 

out of all the candidates for the Hearts managers job so Craig Levein got the job he  

insisted he didn't want. Honestly you couldn't make it up.

Edited by mitch41

15 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

I would get another job as i've worked since i was 15 and now retired. You leave a job and 

get another job unless your lazy or unable to work for health reasons. After Levein got the 

sack from the Scotland job he did what he did and was the luckiest man to get the DOF 

gig at Hearts thanks to Ann Budge. After Cathro got the sack no candidate was acceptable 

out of all the candidates for the Hearts managers job so Craig Levein got the job he  

insisted he didn't want. Honestly you couldn't make it up.

You would be an HR Director's dream employee Mitch. 

I've also retired but I made sure that when I left, I negotiated the best possible settlement for me & my family. 

1 hour ago, mitch41 said:

Could. Everything else is just guessing

23 minutes ago, iainmac said:

You would be an HR Director's dream employee Mitch. 

I've also retired but I made sure that when I left, I negotiated the best possible settlement for me & my family. 

Good lad when you have a family it's up to to put the graft in no matter what job you have to do.

2 hours ago, davemclaren said:

We haven’t exited yet. 

Probably lost my mind but I think we’ll win on Friday. Night game, Cup, hopefully a loud support. Stranger things have happened !

Hectormasson

He’s still the Manager. 

On big contracts too ?? Does this mean hes still unsackable??🤔🤔🤔🙈

4 minutes ago, Hectormasson said:

On big contracts too ?? Does this mean hes still unsackable??🤔🤔🤔🙈

I doubt it. 

1 hour ago, tokyowalnut said:

Locke's record as manager is far superior to Levein's 2019 record.

Not that i want him back though.

GorgieFifeLife

We haven’t exited yet. 

Didn't say we had.  It would be better to act before we do though.

Just now, GorgieFifeLife said:

Didn't say we had.  It would be better to act before we do though.

Or before we get through to the next round. 

GorgieFifeLife
Just now, davemclaren said:

Or before we get through to the next round. 

At the moment that seems like dream land!

29 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Could but almost certainly the word is would.

Almost certainly wouldn't imo; just like everything you have posted is your opinion. 

13 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Almost certainly wouldn't imo; just like everything you have posted is your opinion. 

my opinion is something you have to take in because i'm always right.  :greggy:

2 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

my opinion is something you have to take in because i'm always right.  :greggy:

Except when you’re wrong... 😎

He’s still the Manager. 

Why is he still the manager that is the question.

whether 'tis in Ann's mind to let us suffer,

the slugs of drink help us from suffering,

that helps us to forget our troubles,

the heart-ache and the thousands of fans,

who shuffle out of our holy tynecastle, 

after another huff and puff of a performance,

we pray for change so our hearts can be lifted.

Edited by mitch41

1 minute ago, mitch41 said:

that helps us from forgetting our troubles,

Almost poetic Mitch 😊

Unless Mrs Budge changes her ways, which given her business success is highly unlikely, everyone should realise that the current set up will see out this season. If she had any thoughts on changing head coach it would have been done right after the cup final. No business owner is going to sanction several expensive additions to the payroll and then sack the hiring manager before they and the signings get a chance to prove their worth. 

It’s really quite simple and really strange that many on here don’t get it. 

If if we don’t win many games over the course of the next couple of months then yes I’d expect her to review what’s going on and possibly make changes but she is definitely not the type for knee-jerk reactions as we have seen over the last five years. 

Knee-jerk your having a laugh. When it's obvious to every man, woman & dog Levien's 

time as manager is up even Ann has to do the right thing no matter the cost in 

compensation. 

Captain Canada

There is no coming back from this for Levein. Budge is delaying the inevitable now I'm afraid. I loved Levein as a player and was very happy with him as a manager first-time round. 

However, even a run of a few wins now will be quickly forgotten with one more poor result. The number of wins and style of play over an extended period is not good enough, just like it wasn't under Cathro. 

I think the inaction is a financial decision , as realistically the entire coaching staff needs removed and a new regime to come in. 

4 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Unless Mrs Budge changes her ways, which given her business success is highly unlikely, everyone should realise that the current set up will see out this season. If she had any thoughts on changing head coach it would have been done right after the cup final. No business owner is going to sanction several expensive additions to the payroll and then sack the hiring manager before they and the signings get a chance to prove their worth. 

It’s really quite simple and really strange that many on here don’t get it. 

If if we don’t win many games over the course of the next couple of months then yes I’d expect her to review what’s going on and possibly make changes but she is definitely not the type for knee-jerk reactions as we have seen over the last five years. 

You’re are forgetting one major factor.

Budge might be happy to see out another season, but the fans won’t accept it, not this time.

Once the support turn against the manager, and by that I mean protests and dissent before, during and after the game, then the pressure on Mrs Budge will undoubtedly push her to action. The wrath of a clubs support can be an extremely powerful force and cannot be ignored. 

Interesting times ahead over the next few months, but once it becomes a majority of fans all wanting change, it’s only a matter of time.

16 minutes ago, jockmac said:

You’re are forgetting one major factor.

Budge might be happy to see out another season, but the fans won’t accept it, not this time.

Once the support turn against the manager, and by that I mean protests and dissent before, during and after the game, then the pressure on Mrs Budge will undoubtedly push her to action. The wrath of a clubs support can be an extremely powerful force and cannot be ignored. 

Interesting times ahead over the next few months, but once it becomes a majority of fans all wanting change, it’s only a matter of time.

Possibly, time will tell. 

8 hours ago, tokyowalnut said:

What a sensible rational post.... The only bit im not in agreement with is McCann i’m not sure if he would or would not be successful. He has something and we don’t know how with better resources and quality he would do better. However Dundee’s average wage bill was not a huge deal lower than ours and they performes worse than even we did. 

8 hours ago, mitch41 said:

These lads are very talented explayers 3 with management experience. We will need someone 

to take over when CL & co get the old heave hoe. Where is your sense of adventure as these 4 

musketeers would give the whole club a boost. We want the fans to be excited and full of 

hope that Hearts can be the team every club fears.

Just having  a change of approach will give the players and the fans a huge boost. 

10 hours ago, davemclaren said:

I’m sure that’s true but I don’t think any changes will be made this week. The Hamilton game is the crucial one of the immediate fixtures imo. 

We won't win the League we could win the League cup Motherwell game a must win for me.  Hamilton game pales into insignificance for me. Already worried for Friday with Naismith being injured.

Edited by EIEIO
Spelling

Bazzas right boot
9 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Could. 

No, it definitely will. 

FACT. 

Bazzas right boot
6 hours ago, mitch41 said:

that helps us to forget our troubles,

Your liver must take a pounding. 

9 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

It might not be a “massive” game for Levein as he is Teflon as far as Budge is concerned.

It is however a massive game for us fans as an exit puts us further into the doldrums and takes away any chance of another Hampden appearance.

John mcCartney
2 hours ago, Zlatanable said:

“Sometimes I’ll ask Craig who a particular individual reports to. The answer is always the same: ‘Me, I suppose.’ We are getting bigger so we need some more conventional practices in place to do things professionally."

If she can focus on the structure of the football side, I believe she will be able to improve it. 

Ann actually doesnt put levein in a good light when reading the comments by her on him recently.
The above quotation supplied by Zlatan along with her describing him as unorganised as well makes me think of an emerging light at the end of a long tunnel.
I reckon Ann will know to do the correct thing in getting shot of the man pretty soon.

It may be the hardest decision in her professional life to make.

Edited by John mcCartney