Ann Budge’s review of the football department

afanderson33

2 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Erm,  naw.    The football side is under review.    Overhaul and review are two different things.

You have had enough of Levein.     Undoubtedly others have as well.     But you do not speak for the entire support so your own views would be better described as such.

You cannot realistically think Levein should continue as manager?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soonbe110

• mitch41

• wavydavy

• 1874robbo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Weakened Offender
4 hours ago, letsalllaughathobos said:

Ooops sorry

Edited by Weakened Offender
Mistake

10 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Let's hope when Ann says the football side is going to be overhauled it means Levein & co are leaving the club. We the fans have had enough of Levein and his staff.

Where did she say "overhauled"? 

8 minutes ago, SteauaNeedarest said:

You cannot realistically think Levein should continue as manager?

I didn't suggest such a thing.    I merely stated that the other guy does not speak for the entire support.    Kindly do not attribute views to me that I have not expressed and we'll remain pals.

Edited by Victorian

11 minutes ago, dazinho88 said:

Agree to a certain extent. 

You can't say he has failed this season but you can certainly suggest there is no sign of improvement. The league has been a failed objective last two seasons and we don't look like we've made any clear progress to suggest we will be a top 4 side come May. 

League Cup performances against poor opposition were dreadful in the main, barring a 10-15 minute spell we have also been poor in the league. That is six matches, mostly against weaker sides (on paper) that show no sign of change/progress. I think it should signal a change now.

The games against Motherwell and Hamilton are key.

Ann Budge needs to wake up to the fact that without a football team that people will go to watch, the business side will ultimately suffer. 

Love what shes done for the club but her first part of statement was ill thought out when out when she spoke about the cup final revenue making up for poor league placing and then commenting about ST sales. Fans loved getting to Hampden but ultimately they want to watch a football team who shows the same passion on the pitch that they feel and that is lacking at the moment. We feel like a soulless corporate entity

2 minutes ago, merseyjambo said:

Ann Budge needs to wake up to the fact that without a football team that people will go to watch, the business side will ultimately suffer. 

Love what shes done for the club but her first part of statement was ill thought out when out when she spoke about the cup final revenue making up for poor league placing and then commenting about ST sales. Fans loved getting to Hampden but ultimately they want to watch a football team who shows the same passion on the pitch that they feel and that is lacking at the moment. We feel like a soulless corporate entity

Your first paragraph is true and applies to all football clubs.   Ann Budge will be well aware of that and will be more decisive than most people imagine.

3 hours ago, Eddie The Eagle said:

The Motherwell game will be the biggest game of Craig Leveins management career 

I certainly hope it isn't, if Budge is doing her job correctly Levein will be shown the door this week.

portobellojambo1
Just now, iainmac said:

Where did she say "overhauled"? 

She didn't say overhauled at any point Iain, she said reviewed, and the review to be undertaken seems to be to do with the scouting. At a guess I'd say that in his football report the manager has said that he feels the 1st team is being let down by the scouts, despite him throughout the present period having the decisions on who could or could not be considered on the playing side. If the review is extended the next phase may be aimed at the players for failing to follow instructions given to them, as if we are brutally honest the one man responsible will accept no blame, and appears doesn't have to the way things are working at the moment.

20 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Let's hope when Ann says the football side is going to be overhauled it means Levein & co are leaving the club. We the fans have had enough of Levein and his staff.

You are not a spokesman for the fans so stop trying to be one.

Edit: Sorry, already covered above.

Edited by graygo

1 minute ago, graygo said:

You are not a spokesman for the fans so stop trying to be one.

Ok Craig that’s your view but unfortunately I am the spokesman for the fans.

I was elected in a secret poll by a committee of your seniors.

Just remember I’m never wrong because i’m a legend in my own mind.

2 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Ok Craig that’s your view but unfortunately I am the spokesman for the fans.

I was elected in a secret poll by a committee of your seniors.

Just remember I’m never wrong because i’m a legend in my own mind.

So long as you realise that's the only place.

Just now, graygo said:

So long as you realise that's the only place.

My fans will disagree with you. And that’s many fans.

11 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Jamboelite 3 hours ago quoted her.

I think he may have misquoted her Mitch.  

See PJ1's post above. 

3 hours ago, pointon said:

Out off curiosity do you think any of the directors pay attention to this forum?

They don't appear to listen to the fans at all.  It's always been the same.

And it would conclude that the management of the team has failed to match the off-field success 

of the club. Failure to get results, entertain, achieve fan satisfaction can only lead to one solution.

The Hearts fc football team’s management must be dismissed and a new management team 

installed as quick as possible without a long drawn out process.

1 hour ago, Zlatanable said:

I was thinking about this today, and now there is a thread. 

I was thinking there must me companies that offer a football review service. I haven't heard of any. 

They would need to have ex-players and ex-managers, and ex-agents, and need to be current with coaching licencing around the world, football coaching philosophy, and lots of other things. 

Would cost a lot, at the higher levels, but would be a useful service. 

In the past, and present, sometimes managers do that. You get managers that know a league, and go to clubs and bring them up to speed.  

If such a service exists, I hope Ann Budge has already been in touch. 

We could get Ally McCoist, Michael Stewart and Pat Stanton to do it. 👍

13 hours ago, pointon said:

Out off curiosity do you think any of the directors pay attention to this forum?

Yes. All of them.

The fact that she hasn't released part two yet gives me encouragement.  She will have seen the thousands of empty seats on Saturday plus a dire performance.  Also a significant drop off we hear in hospitality.

This lady red carded Locky without a moment's hesitation despite everything he had done in the most trying of circumstances.  I expect she will do exactly the same to Levein if she deems it necessary.

The appointment of Gary Naismith will have been the first outcome of the review imo and I confidently expect a much bigger announcement this week.

Wouldn't surprise me one bit if levein is missing from the dugout on Friday.

Simply don't accept that she is tied to the hip with levein or anyone else for that matter.

Ernie Eskilsson
17 hours ago, Sagan said:

If Craig Levein's career rests on 1 single game of football, things are more messed up than I thought. 

A loss = he's not the right man for the job

A win = he is the right man for the job

Is that what you're saying? 

Isn’t this the 6th season of Levein’s 5 year plan? That’s what he should be judged on. The trajectory is downwards. He is getting more and more desperate, the football is getting worse and he’s ruining our best crop of youngsters in a long time. 

3 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

The fact that she hasn't released part two yet gives me encouragement.  She will have seen the thousands of empty seats on Saturday plus a dire performance.  Also a significant drop off we hear in hospitality.

This lady red carded Locky without a moment's hesitation despite everything he had done in the most trying of circumstances.  I expect she will do exactly the same to Levein if she deems it necessary.

The appointment of Gary Naismith will have been the first outcome of the review imo and I confidently expect a much bigger announcement this week.

Simply don't accept that she is tied to the hip with levein or anyone else for that matter.

I was thinking about budgement day and how could the club be so decisive and cutthroat at the beginning on thr football side but then appear to become the opposite over the coming years.   Unless of course budgement day should have been named after levein and not budge.

Byyy The Light

My preference now is for to Levein go to a role titled head of football operations or infrastructure or something that’s not director of football.

Let him lead the strategy around the academy and loans managers but get him away from 1st team affairs. Get an experienced manager in with his own coaches to solely run the 1st team squad.

Not having the director of football title will hopefully put an end to all the interference crap that went on before. 

Edited by Byyy The Light

16 hours ago, portobellojambo1 said:

She didn't say overhauled at any point Iain, she said reviewed, and the review to be undertaken seems to be to do with the scouting. At a guess I'd say that in his football report the manager has said that he feels the 1st team is being let down by the scouts, despite him throughout the present period having the decisions on who could or could not be considered on the playing side. If the review is extended the next phase may be aimed at the players for failing to follow instructions given to them, as if we are brutally honest the one man responsible will accept no blame, and appears doesn't have to the way things are working at the moment.

My amature political and managerial mind kicked in to gear with your post. 

Statement released soon will be - 

Hearts are going to release more funds for scouting new players and a restructuring of how players are recruited, this will take time to implement and longer to see better results on the park... let's say 2 years... 

Any complaints about future performance, see statement above... 

Soapy Soutar
5 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

That is a very big IF

1 hour ago, Byyy The Light said:

My preference now is for to Levein go to a role titled head of football operations or infrastructure or something that’s not director of football.

Let him lead the strategy around the academy and loans managers but get him away from 1st team affairs. Get an experienced manager in with his own coaches to solely run the 1st team squad.

Not having the director of football title will hopefully put an end to all the interference crap that went on before. 

This is the type of thing that goes on in business world all the time.

Just not in the public glare apart from working in major companies.

And as much as anything to try and force someone out.

If anything like this happens at Hearts it will sold as a joint initiative for CL to remain, or he goes with a damned handsome pay-off.

Can't see it being much more than revised reporting roles in to CL on a more formal basis.

Does no one think that the appointment of Gary Naismith as loans manager is part of the football review?  My reading of the original statement was that it will lead to a number of process changes and improved accountability.  Anyone expecting it to result in wholesale personnel changes, prepare to be disappointed.

Edit - just saw that Kiwidoug has already mentioned Naismith.

Edited by Haken

I think her review is a longer term structural thing and will not be linked into a more short/medium term decision on who the head coach/manager is. 

Come on Ann Budge you know what needs to be done right away.

If you haven't acted by friday to sack Levein & co. you aren't the right person to run the football side of the club.

If you haven't acted by friday to sack Levein & co. you aren't the right person to run the football side of the club.

She won't and she isn't.   

1 hour ago, Byyy The Light said:

I would like a football person on the board (not Levein) and I also don't see how Levein can stay at the club in any capacity after he has lost his credibility.

16 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

What time on Friday?

9 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

What time on Friday?

By friday, how about 10am today. Yes it can't come too soon for our fans.

Davie HEARTS

Im very encouraged by the last few posts, change is desperately needed. But "Wormtongue" Levein will hiss in Budges ear the same old self-preservation nonsense he's been doing for years and nothing will change.

6 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Statement 1 from Anne budge suggested that we had a good season business wise with the income from the cups making up the shortfall from the league position. She will be very aware of the low numbers in hospitality. I think it’s down to the poor football on show and the pricing policy especially for non category a games

7 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

By friday, how about 10am today. Yes it can't come too soon for our fans.

I’m sure that’s true but I don’t think any changes will be made this week. The Hamilton game is the crucial one of the immediate fixtures imo. 

GorgieFifeLife
7 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I’m sure that’s true but I don’t think any changes will be made this week. The Hamilton game is the crucial one of the immediate fixtures imo. 

Dont agree. An exit from the League Cup on Friday would be a disaster. The time to act is today.

heartandsoul
6 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Spot on Doug 

21 hours ago, Eddie The Eagle said:

The Motherwell game will be the biggest game of Craig Leveins management career 

What about after that?

14 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I was thinking this the other day. If Motherwell beat us on Friday only absolute optimisits would expect us to get anything at Darkheid. If we don't beat Hamilton the following week I'd be surprised if nothing was done.

However, beat Motherwell and Hamilton and nothing will change apart from, hopefully having another couple of players in

Edited by Jamhammer

Getintaethem
2 hours ago, Byyy The Light said:

Ive asked this a couple of times on here, but never had a reasonable answer.  Why do people believe the academy over the last five years has been a success?  

In my opinion we produced better youngsters under the previous two or three regimes than we do now.

21 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

And that is a reason to get Levein out the door asap. You see where i'm coming from, a caretaker 

manager would be more productive and lift our fans for the next game.

16 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

Dont agree. An exit from the League Cup on Friday would be a disaster. The time to act is today.

We haven’t exited yet. 

And that is a reason to get Levein out the door asap. You see where i'm coming from, a caretaker 

manager would be more productive and lift our fans for the next game.

Could.