Joel Pereira Update

afanderson33

been here before
8 hours ago, Natural Orders said:

I don’t agree

i think someone needs to look at our training methods 

It was those 2 words that stopped me in my tracks.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• soonbe110

• Pasquale for King

• Jambo 4 Ever

12 minutes ago, OTT said:

I'm not a fan of blaming luck, its lazy. Sometimes yes, you're quite right but something about the volume of injuries isn't sitting well with me.

Craig Beattie was on Si Ferrys interview show, and basically said he didn't warm up right under strachan and ended up tearing his hamstring. Point being, that with the volume of muscle injuries we're getting we can't simplify it down to bad luck. I think its worth the coaching staff reviewing what they're doing, how the players are warming up/down before and after games & training. 

If everythings fine, then great. But at least then we could say definitively that its not down to training.

Luck is just a word.    It is perhaps better described as a statistical cluster.    Injuries happen and they are unlikely to happen in an evenly spaced out pattern at all times.     What is much more likely is that a team will have very few injuries for periods of time and more frequent injuries at other times.     

If you toss a coin for long enough,    at some point you'll get the same result for a very lengthy number of times.    10,  15,  20.        

There's no evidence to support a theory of negligence.     There is a perfectly logical case for saying we are somewhere within a period of highest frequency injury events.     Hopefully at the end of it.

Hectormasson
1 hour ago, Stephen Muddie said:

Naw mate, he's pure minced up dugshite. That's a FAKT btw - I read it on JKB. End off

Aye right if you say so,,,,muddley🙈🤣

11 hours ago, Lfhearts said:

I get called a hibbee yet NO posts this about training etc only on here!.

Meanwhile the tackle is a legend and Mackay is a slaver kickback at its best.

It would have been clearer if you'd written that in Sanskrit in the Middle voice.

Edited by colinmaroon

• 1 year later...
On 10/08/2019 at 20:23, better_call_saul said:

He’s a right back. 

Only took a couple of posts to get the truth.

certainly isn't a goalkeeper :lol:

There’s a star beside this thread title but I’m not even going to look for my previous post. There’s a good chance I got it wildly wrong purely based on the stature of his parent club. Funnily enough, I think Michael Stewart was the last player I thought, “yasss, a Man U player coming to Hearts!” That went well, too. 

1 hour ago, Shaggy2 said:

There’s a star beside this thread title but I’m not even going to look for my previous post. There’s a good chance I got it wildly wrong purely based on the stature of his parent club. Funnily enough, I think Michael Stewart was the last player I thought, “yasss, a Man U player coming to Hearts!” That went well, too. 

Even Man u were fooled, at least Mr Stewart did a job, im a better goalie and im not joking😏.

Bazzas right boot
On 29/08/2019 at 05:35, Smith's right boot said:

I blame the yellow grass. 

I stand by this, the grass is now greener and out gk is doing better. 

Coincidence? 

• davemclaren changed the title to Joel Pereira Update
Dusk_Till_Dawn
11 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

I stand by this, the grass is now greener and out gk is doing better. 

Coincidence? 

I can’t be bothered to look but I bet you tried to defend this guy :rofl:

Bazzas right boot
47 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

I can’t be bothered to look but I bet you tried to defend this guy :rofl:

You should look. 

mulleted_jambo
1 hour ago, indianajones said:

Never a keeper. Anyone know how much the Huddersfield fans hate him?

Total embarrassment.

Played once, lost 4 goals and hasn't played since.    

At least it only took them one game to realise how bad he was. 

34 minutes ago, mulleted_jambo said:

Played once, lost 4 goals and hasn't played since.    

At least it only took them one game to realise how bad he was. 

So no better then, big shocker that , NOT, so who was the man u scout that spotted him😧.

Please get this thread off the first page.

When I saw his name I broke out in a cold sweat.  The mere thought of his name back at HMFC makes me feel like

giphy.gif

I think Joel Pereira might actually be the single worst transfer in our clubs 147 year history. I cannot think of a player so singularly at fault for our relegation. He literally cost us millions.

Remember a lot of fans saying he should play because he was good with the ball at his feet. The problem with that was anytime a shot was fired his way it went through him like his hands were made of butter. He didn’t make one single save of note that I can remember. The worst keeper I have seen and we have a few utter bomb scares. 

1 hour ago, OTT said:

I think Joel Pereira might actually be the single worst transfer in our clubs 147 year history. I cannot think of a player so singularly at fault for our relegation. He literally cost us millions.

there is absolutely no doubt. 
cost us least 12 points all by himself with his blunders. And did further damage having all his team mates more worried about him than what they were meant to be doing on the pitch. 
Left you  watching in utter disbelief. 
If he stood still with his eyes closed at every shot, he would have saved more than he did. 
find me another goalie in history at professional level who has been known to dive out the way of a shot !!!! 

7 minutes ago, Barney bulge said:

cost us least 12 points all by himself with his blunders. And did further damage having all his team mates more worried about him than what they were meant to be doing on the pitch. 
If he stood still with his eyes closed at every shot, he would have saved more than he did. 
find me another goalie in history at professional level who has been known to dive out the way of a shot !!!! 

Its a bigger mystery how he made it as a pro, beyond belief , better in the sunday leagues, by far.

been here before

Made Craig Nelson look like Zibi and Zibi look like Buffon.

Ultimately though if he wasnt getting picked every game when the whole support (and team: Killie at home in particular) could see how pish he was, then less damage may well have been done.

Edited by been here before

Riddley Walker

Without doubt the worst goalkeeper I've ever seen in the flesh and possibly the worst player we've ever had, certainly in terms of horrendous mistakes that cost us points. 

5 minutes ago, Riddley Walker said:

Without doubt the worst goalkeeper I've ever seen in the flesh and possibly the worst player we've ever had, certainly in terms of horrendous mistakes that cost us points. 

Who signed him?

40 minutes ago, Barney bulge said:

Rab Douglas amsterdam arena in a scotland jersey. My maw would have saved 3 of them - Absolute gash goalie

Wow!!......had the fear there when I saw this post bumped up.....😁😁😁.....how he ever got into professional or even football is a complete mystery to me.

I was briefly suckered into thinking he was key to our new style of play because he is actually quite good with the ball at his feet.

But a goalie who can't save shots is utterly useless.

WheatfieldWarrior
2 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

Its a bigger mystery how he made it as a pro, beyond belief , better in the sunday leagues, by far.

I think it's useful for a club like United to have him as a training goalie - he can pass the ball out like a far more expensive goalie would and allows defenders to play the same way as a the first team from a restart.

In terms of goalkeeping ability he wouldn't get a game for Bonnyrigg Rose , who's keeper Mark Weir played an absolute blinder against Dundee.

2 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

You could find a better keeper than him in an amputee division of the Sunday leagues. The nicest thing I can think to call him is an imposter.

What a bizarre topic of conversation, its like no recent Hearts games to slag off and moan about so let's pick on an ex-player to slag off and moan about.

Bizarre place. 

13 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

What a bizarre topic of conversation, its like no recent Hearts games to slag off and moan about so let's pick on an ex-player to slag off and moan about.

Bizarre place. 

From reading the transfer rumours thread I think the main purpose for bumping this thread was to try and show up some of those slagging off the boy Adebayo before he’s even signed. 

Pereira from Man Utd. = Great signing 

Adebayo from Walsall = Shit signing 

• 2 months later...
alwaysthereinspirit

Good move by Huddersfield in signing him.

Most likely brings the balls and cones to practice. Then collects them again to bring back indoors.

He’s played 1 game. Wish we had only gave him 1 game. 🤬

Edited by alwaysthereinspirit

Maroon Sailor

Didn't get a 2nd game even when the 1st choice keeper was still ruled out ! 🤣

A confidence knocker if ever there was one

He must really have had a shocker on his debut - didn't even get a chance to redeem himself

https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport/football/huddersfield-town-assess-manchester-united-loanee-joel-pereira-mentally-and-josh-koroma-physically-ahead-wycombe-wanderers-3044881?amp

Edited by Maroon Sailor

Unknown user
46 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Didn't get a 2nd game even when the 1st choice keeper was still ruled out ! 🤣

A confidence knocker if ever there was one

He must really have had a shocker on his debut - didn't even get a chance to redeem himself

https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport/football/huddersfield-town-assess-manchester-united-loanee-joel-pereira-mentally-and-josh-koroma-physically-ahead-wycombe-wanderers-3044881?amp

"The 24-year-old goalkeeper on loan from Manchester United had a difficult Terriers debut, letting a goal through his legs and caught out playing in his own area during Saturday's 4-3 defeat to Stoke City."

6 hours ago, Smithee said:

"The 24-year-old goalkeeper on loan from Manchester United had a difficult Terriers debut, letting a goal through his legs and caught out playing in his own area during Saturday's 4-3 defeat to Stoke City."

I recall a friend saying, if you get a big club on your CV, you could be rank rotten, but you're pretty much made for your career.  Puts me in mind of the hologram, I genuinely believe the guy is non-league standard.  He looks the part until you ask him to make a save.

On a positive note, how lucky are we to have Craig G.

Unknown user
24 minutes ago, EH11 said:

I recall a friend saying, if you get a big club on your CV, you could be rank rotten, but you're pretty much made for your career.  Puts me in mind of the hologram, I genuinely believe the guy is non-league standard.  He looks the part until you ask him to make a save.

On a positive note, how lucky are we to have Craig G.

Agreed all the way

6 hours ago, Smithee said:

And he was signed on loan by a manager who is an ex goalkeeper!  Incredible after his stint with us.