Jump to content
afanderson33

Joel Pereira Signs 1yr Loan from Man United

Recommended Posts

NLTFTh

I'll give him 2 starts before he's ripped a new one in here.. 1 dropped or parried cross and the chainsaws will be out.. 

Hope he does well obviously like any #1 but fear for him playing behind our defence.. 

Your only ever as good as those protecting you at any level.. 

HHGH FTh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gjcc
Just now, NLTFTh said:

I'll give him 2 starts before he's ripped a new one in here.. 1 dropped or parried cross and the chainsaws will be out.. 

Hope he does well obviously like any #1 but fear for him playing behind our defence.. 

Your only ever as good as those protecting you at any level.. 

HHGH FTh

 

I’ll wait to see his gymnastics warm up routine before passing judgement. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NLTFTh

Nothing wrong with a keeper doing gymnastics as a warm up. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NLTFTh

I'm not judging him I only fear for him as we seem to ruin players, that's a fact. Not sure if its the coaching/training/man management but we are doing something wrong.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OTT
14 minutes ago, NLTFTh said:

I'll give him 2 starts before he's ripped a new one in here.. 1 dropped or parried cross and the chainsaws will be out.. 

Hope he does well obviously like any #1 but fear for him playing behind our defence.. 

Your only ever as good as those protecting you at any level.. 

HHGH FTh

 

I think Bobby puts the fear into the defence. Having a competent keeper behind will give Berra and co a chance to actually breath.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gav M
22 minutes ago, OTT said:

 

I think Bobby puts the fear into the defence. Having a competent keeper behind will give Berra and co a chance to actually breath.

We have 1 CB who was arguably the best in the league prior to injury last year, 1 who is tipped to be one of the best scottish footballing CB's in decades and just signed another one who was in the team if the year and captain of his last club last season. So I agree, having a solid keeper behind them will make a world of difference, add in the signing of Whelan (allegedly) to sit in front of them the the vase of our team looks exceedingly strong. And if we get the Japanese Messi in on top of the attacking options we already have then this this is the strongest squad (not just team) we have had since the early Romanov years! And credit to everyone who has helped put it together! 

Here's hoping we can make that strength work on the pitch!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
japanjambo

The laddie looks good:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
It should have been ten

Have a mate from Manchester who is a season ticket holder at Old Trafford and says the Pereira is class. Tall but also gets down to the ball quick and commands his box well. Says we’re getting a cracking keeper :2thumbsup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jambotommy

He reminds me of Courtois... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Elshin

Swing the bar or GTF 

 

Looks a very good signing for us and hopefully gives the scouts a full season to get our longer term number 1 in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sub4TiddlerMurray
16 hours ago, neonjambo said:

The timing of the arrivals more than the players arriving.

 

You answered my point, Now we have to get them playing as a team, surely that is what the summer is for?

 

of course, you are right, that’s the ideal, but...

 

Damour, Pereira, Whelan and (hopefully) Meshino are all happening after the English premiership transfer window closed and that may have had a bearing on why these guys have chosen to come to us now. We don’t know.

 

 I’m delighted that we are getting this calibre of player....a major step up IMO... from the level we’ve been at since Romanov. So, I prefer to celebrate that rather than worry about the less-than-ideal timing.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
letsalldothebeattie

An absolutely cracking signing for us. Seen his development while coming through at United and he is a top keeper

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Treasurer
12 hours ago, siegementality said:

No. I’m slating his transfer strategy - such as it is - which was wrong. He underestimated the depth and quality of the squad. Now his arse is hanging out the window due to a series of shit results he is trying to sign his way out of the position he had put himself in.

 

I’m slating him for not recognising that the two keepers we had are shit. I’ll go further and slate him for giving one of said shit keepers a one year extension to his contract.

 

Levein is a lucky man. Budge - for reasons best known to her - is pulling out all the stops to allow him to try and turn around the mess that he - not Cathro - has made of the footballing department. He’s squandered money left, right, and centre, and is now running around trying to fill in the gaps that are there because of his piss poor signings, or that he failed to recognise.

 

That said, all is apparently fine though. There are people on here who actually believe this was all part of the Levein masterplan. What he said publicly, to press, Hearts TV, etc, was all lies. It was just a part of his cunning plan to kid people on, while all the time he was targeting players that no-one else appears to want anyway. He does like a good laugh eh.

Where do I start.

The quality of player he is signing does not look like someone "running around trying to fill gaps"

I'm sure Levein and his team have been actively looking at players long before the end of last season, never mind the start of this one.

I'd much rather we did our business in private rather than mouthing off to the press that we're going to sign this player and that player.

Agreed, Levein has been given a lot of leeway, but maybe a bit of stability is what's needed. A lot of people (wrongly) called for Neilson's head. They got their wish and look how that turned out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Treasurer
30 minutes ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

 

of course, you are right, that’s the ideal, but...

 

Damour, Pereira, Whelan and (hopefully) Meshino are all happening after the English premiership transfer window closed and that may have had a bearing on why these guys have chosen to come to us now. We don’t know.

 

 I’m delighted that we are getting this calibre of player....a major step up IMO... from the level we’ve been at since Romanov. So, I prefer to celebrate that rather than worry about the less-than-ideal timing.

 

 

I don't think this is just a coincidence

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rave MacPherson
On 10/08/2019 at 20:21, MaskedMarauder said:

Joel Pereira on loan from Man Utd 

You got that spot on! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hmfc_liam06
1 hour ago, The Treasurer said:

Where do I start.

The quality of player he is signing does not look like someone "running around trying to fill gaps"

I'm sure Levein and his team have been actively looking at players long before the end of last season, never mind the start of this one.

I'd much rather we did our business in private rather than mouthing off to the press that we're going to sign this player and that player.

Agreed, Levein has been given a lot of leeway, but maybe a bit of stability is what's needed. A lot of people (wrongly) called for Neilson's head. They got their wish and look how that turned out.

 

Some folk genuinely think deals for quality such as Naismith and Whelan are done in a day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lovecraft

Wonder if he will be chucked in straight away.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TweedbankJambo
11 hours ago, gjcc said:

 

I’ll wait to see his gymnastics warm up routine before passing judgement. 

 

11 hours ago, NLTFTh said:

I'll give him 2 starts before he's ripped a new one in here.. 1 dropped or parried cross and the chainsaws will be out.. 

Hope he does well obviously like any #1 but fear for him playing behind our defence.. 

Your only ever as good as those protecting you at any level.. 

HHGH FTh

Chainsaws 😂 good one, true also! HHGH! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
vegas-voss

Demi put in a good word as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hairdryer

Looks very good and composed 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Treasurer
38 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

Wonder if he will be slaughtered on JKB straight away.

 

 

FTFY

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lovecraft
28 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

FTFY

I'm pretty sure he would need to score a hat trick to avoid that.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cruyff Turn

The one thing I think Pereira probably changes immediately is our distribution and build up play. Fingers crossed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HMFC86
Just now, Pasquale for King said:

Pretty negative stuff. Still I would imagine Man Utd’s 6th choice GK is better than the two jokers we currently are stuck with until 2021.

Tbf the journalist is a bit of a clown, so wouldn’t take it as gospel. Fancies himself as a guru but has been found out quite a few times as being an absolute slaver.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, HMFC86 said:

Tbf the journalist is a bit of a clown, so wouldn’t take it as gospel. Fancies himself as a guru but has been found out quite a few times as being an absolute slaver.

Aren’t they all?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JamboAl
5 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Pretty negative stuff. Still I would imagine Man Utd’s 6th choice GK is better than the two jokers we currently are stuck with until 2021.

HI-JACK ALERT.

Back to Levein!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HMFC86
3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Aren’t they all?

Good point well made 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The White Cockade

Couple of United fans at work and they both rate him pretty highly

Just hope he makes a flying start as one mistake and the boo boys are on his back

Never been a Levein Oot man but if you look at the players we have in the squad now then

if we don't finish top 4 then the standard of our management and coaching must be dire

Let's hope things pick up now and Fir Park will be a good place to start

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pasquale for King
14 hours ago, japanjambo said:

The laddie looks good:

 

 

Sounds weird but he just looks like he knows what he’s doing, seems to anticipates where the shots going and saves them. He must start on Friday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Marooned In Ireland

Surely this lad will walk straight into the team

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Disco Ball
19 hours ago, OTT said:

 

I think Bobby puts the fear into the defence. Having a competent keeper behind will give Berra and co a chance to actually breath.

Nailed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ToqueJambo
10 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

 

Some folk genuinely think deals for quality such as Naismith and Whelan are done in a day.

 

Yeah, do we want a player with no other offers who brings his own pen he's that desperate for a club or someone with options and offers who takes their time - and still decides after reviewing all their options that Hearts is the club for them.

 

Ok, we've started poorly but the recruitment this window has been top notch in every way. Whether Levein lasts the season as manager or not, he's done more than enough to cement his position as DoF. Everything is in place for a good season. Levein will know himself it's time to quit if he cannot build a very competitive team from this squad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ramrod
13 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

Where do I start.

The quality of player he is signing does not look like someone "running around trying to fill gaps"

I'm sure Levein and his team have been actively looking at players long before the end of last season, never mind the start of this one.

I'd much rather we did our business in private rather than mouthing off to the press that we're going to sign this player and that player.

Agreed, Levein has been given a lot of leeway, but maybe a bit of stability is what's needed. A lot of people (wrongly) called for Neilson's head. They got their wish and look how that turned out.

He has been backed superbly by Ann it has to be said . He can have no complaints on that front especially in this window. 

We look finally to have signed some real quality which has gone a good way to quashing the poor recruitment angle levelled at Craig

My gut feeling and fear is that the underlying problem is the coaching .While Craig ultimately carrys the can I dont think Daly, Fox or MCPhee are up to the job . We've looked a shambles in game time for months now and talk of a lack of confidence 2 games in is not only worrying but quite frankly laughable. 

One thing for sure if he can't get a tune out of this squad he really has to go because there can be absolutely no excuses. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Treasurer
9 hours ago, ramrod said:

He has been backed superbly by Ann it has to be said . He can have no complaints on that front especially in this window. 

We look finally to have signed some real quality which has gone a good way to quashing the poor recruitment angle levelled at Craig

My gut feeling and fear is that the underlying problem is the coaching .While Craig ultimately carrys the can I dont think Daly, Fox or MCPhee are up to the job . We've looked a shambles in game time for months now and talk of a lack of confidence 2 games in is not only worrying but quite frankly laughable. 

One thing for sure if he can't get a tune out of this squad he really has to go because there can be absolutely no excuses. 

Can't disagree with most of this apart from you saying McPhee isn't up to the job.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ramrod
1 hour ago, The Treasurer said:

Can't disagree with most of this apart from you saying McPhee isn't up to the job.

It's purely guess work on MCPhee , but I don't see signs anywhere that we are being coach properly, apart from the odd set piece routine . 

Hopefully  the new signings will bring a bit of experience and input into things . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SUTOL
12 minutes ago, ramrod said:

It's purely guess work on MCPhee , but I don't see signs anywhere that we are being coach properly, apart from the odd set piece routine . 

Hopefully  the new signings will bring a bit of experience and input into things . 

 

Interestingly our latest signing has said that he has been "really impressed" by the training he's been involved in during the last few days. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
soonbe110
26 minutes ago, ramrod said:

It's purely guess work on MCPhee , but I don't see signs anywhere that we are being coach properly, apart from the odd set piece routine . 

Hopefully  the new signings will bring a bit of experience and input into things . 

Take a trip to Oriam some midweek morning. Think you will be surprised. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
johnthomas
23 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

 

Some folk genuinely think deals for quality such as Naismith and Whelan are done in a day.

Yes , I find that quite scary .

Probably only the deal for the Japanese lad is 'last minute' .

According to , probably the same clowns , only Hearts are doing any transfer business right now . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ramrod
49 minutes ago, SUTOL said:

 

Interestingly our latest signing has said that he has been "really impressed" by the training he's been involved in during the last few days. 

 

 

 

37 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Take a trip to Oriam some midweek morning. Think you will be surprised. 

What are putting the fact down us not performing then? 

Poor rectuirment ? Players not carrying out instructions properly? Bad luck ? 

Not havng a go as I've never been up to Oriam , but something isn't working . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Natural Orders
On ‎14‎/‎08‎/‎2019 at 04:31, Jambotommy said:

He reminds me of Courtois... 

in what way?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Natural Orders
2 hours ago, ramrod said:

 

What are putting the fact down us not performing then? 

Poor rectuirment ? Players not carrying out instructions properly? Bad luck ? 

Not havng a go as I've never been up to Oriam , but something isn't working . 

players thinking they are better than they are?

or

doing well in training but fail to deliver in matches

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jtkb

Bobby bumped ....El Gato to start tomorrow time to shine young man.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ribble
4 hours ago, Natural Orders said:

in what way?

 

probably that he looks a wee bit glaikit and has eyebrows like caterpillars

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
StevenNaismith

Watched him in training today, helluva good goalkeeper. Miles better than any keeper we have had since Gordon. Terrific piece of business by the club.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ToqueJambo
7 hours ago, ramrod said:

 

What are putting the fact down us not performing then? 

Poor rectuirment ? Players not carrying out instructions properly? Bad luck ? 

Not havng a go as I've never been up to Oriam , but something isn't working . 

 

A settled team with most of our best players available will see a very big uptick in performances and results IMO. And we have to hope whatever they’re doing in training, finishing and final third play is featuring atrongly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
davemclaren
27 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

Watched him in training today, helluva good goalkeeper. Miles better than any keeper we have had since Gordon. Terrific piece of business by the club.

:robbo:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bob Loblaw
Posted (edited)
On 14/08/2019 at 10:40, Natural Orders said:

Was Luckhurst not the boy that was overly critical of Mitchell coming to Hearts?  Slaver if it is the same guy.

Edited by Bob Loblaw

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...