• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• soonbe110

• Pasquale for King

• Jambo 4 Ever

2 hours ago, OTT said:

Literally, the only reason I can think of is that Utd had one of those clauses in the deal that we'd have to pick up more/all of his wage if he didn't play. Hopefully lesson learned and we're never so stupid to sign up for that sort of deal again. A truly, truly awful goalkeeper. 

That's where I am re him but that means that "the special one" did Levien and us up like a kipper his name should be changed to "the EVIL one".

1 hour ago, Newton51 said:

Remember I was at his debut against Motherwell in the cup. Dodgy kicking and a few fumbles made me fear the worst despite the win

He looked the part that night....then the game started

1 hour ago, Jonkel Hoon said:

Pretty sure he got man of the match that game too!!!😱😱

2 hours ago, Jonkel Hoon said:

disagree. I was in early that night and he looked horrific in the warm up. At was if the speed of the warm up shots were taking him by surprise. Even text my mates at that stage to highlight my concerns !!!!!!!!!!!!! 

postage-stamp
26 minutes ago, maroonsgotop said:

disagree. I was in early that night and he looked horrific in the warm up. At was if the speed of the warm up shots were taking him by surprise. Even text my mates at that stage to highlight my concerns !!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Total baffling that he gets any game time other than 5 a sides kids friendly.

Huddersfield playing him too.  

9 minutes ago, postage-stamp said:

Total baffling that he gets any game time other than 5 a sides kids friendly.

Huddersfield playing him too.  

They haven't played him in the last few, even on the bench. I didn't look further back than December though. It's still an astonishing level for him to be at.

15 hours ago, wheatfieldtosheffield said:

In the beginning, or later on?

He was always disappointing. Hearts were the biggest club he ever played for (Aberdeen very much included) and he was the classic example of a player who scored for fun at a lower level but couldn’t replicate it in the top league. This remained true after he went back to ICT when they got promotion - he scored 8 goals when we loaned him back to them in 05-06, but after he went back there permanently he could only manage 6 in 44.

The worry was that Shankland would be similar, of course, especially given that he only scored 8 in his one previous SPL season. But he is currently proving that wrong.

8 minutes ago, Doc Rob said:

He was always disappointing. Hearts were the biggest club he ever played for (Aberdeen very much included) and he was the classic example of a player who scored for fun at a lower level but couldn’t replicate it in the top league. This remained true after he went back to ICT when they got promotion - he scored 8 goals when we loaned him back to them in 05-06, but after he went back there permanently he could only manage 6 in 44.

The worry was that Shankland would be similar, of course, especially given that he only scored 8 in his one previous SPL season. But he is currently proving that wrong.

Wyness was very highly anticipated at the time, it was seen as a real coup to have beaten Aberdeen to his signature. From what I recall, his main problem was a lack of a pace, where he could have perhaps gotten away with that at a lower level, it was hugely limiting for him in the top flight.

I’d have Kurskis over him. Utterly horrendous keeper. It defies belief that he makes a living as a goalkeeper.

Genuinely the worst keeper ever to pull on a Hearts top.

thehibsareintheirbeds

See he's played in RKC's recent friendlies, losing both 3 nil- though one was to Roma to be fair. Started their last league game too (6 - 1 defeat).

Absolutely astonishing he's still able to be make a career out of football- and at a decent level too.

2 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

I’d have Kurskis over him. Utterly horrendous keeper. It defies belief that he makes a living as a goalkeeper.

Genuinely the worst keeper ever to pull on a Hearts top.

Most damaging player I have ever witnessed due to lack of ability.

we have all seen bad defenders, midfielders and attackers. But none have had more of a negative impact on them team than him.

think he had a save ratio of less than 50%. You aren’t going to draw fair less win with that

14 minutes ago, Martin_T said:

Wyness was very highly anticipated at the time, it was seen as a real coup to have beaten Aberdeen to his signature. From what I recall, his main problem was a lack of a pace, where he could have perhaps gotten away with that at a lower level, it was hugely limiting for him in the top flight.

Was it Wyness who was paraded at half time the same time as Paul Hartley. One got a heroes welcome and one got the cold shoulder. Funny how it turned out. 🤣

29 minutes ago, whytebeard said:

we have all seen bad defenders, midfielders and attackers. But none have had more of a negative impact on them team than him.

think he had a save ratio of less than 50%. You aren’t going to draw fair less win with that

I’m genuinely struggling to think of a single meaningful save that he made.

Салатные палочки
6 minutes ago, Hesh said:

Can't believe the obsession some folk have about this player so long after the event. Unhealthy.

Like Paterson and Gowser. 

At least they're football players though. 

25 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

Don’t bother wasting brain cells, there isn’t one

40 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

I hope that was the nadir for Hearts goalkeepers at least in my lifetime. Absolute imposter, still can't fathom how he got a game.

Any chance of this thread being Terminated  ?

Every time it appears my mouth goes dry and stomach feels like it needs to empty  !!

1 hour ago, Martin_T said:

I seem to remember it was mental, he just didn't have the balls for the job

postage-stamp
3 hours ago, iantjambo said:

You probably won't believe it but he got a clean sheet in a penalty shoot out v Aberdeen 😱.  We went first and scored them all and the sheep missed them all ( or is it just 2?)

Think they missed the target with both of them.   

4 hours ago, whytebeard said:

According to stats (posted the link a few pages back) around 45% of shots on target against him went in, but that doesn't account for blocked shots etc. Plus he must have faced a few shots straight at him with no power.

Genuinely the worst player I've ever seen, just in terms of how detrimental he was. We could have been a free scoring machine & still would have struggled with him leaking goals..

WheatfieldWarrior
On 29/12/2022 at 15:08, Shooter McGavin said:

Was having a thought earlier,

who is the more effective keeper, Craig Gordon with a broken leg, or a fully fit Joel Pereira?

Without even a hint of sarcasm, I reckon Gordon still edges it.

He'd at least be able to stop shots that were straight at him - El Shato wouldn't get near those.

Edited by WheatfieldWarrior

8 hours ago, Hesh said:

Can't believe the obsession some folk have about this player so long after the event. Unhealthy.

He’s by far the least capable professional ever to have worn a Hearts shirt. Worst in my 52 years on the planet. 

It’s not really an obsession. It’s a fact. 

He’s the worst player we’ve ever had to

play more than 10 games imo

I wish this thread would die so that I wouldn’t have to be reminded of him

On 29/12/2022 at 20:49, brownkg said:

That's where I am re him but that means that "the special one" did Levien and us up like a kipper his name should be changed to "the EVIL one".

I think popadom hands dad is pals with Jose which goes a long way to explaining how he ended up at Man U, clearly Jose couldn’t have him hanging around Man U for too long so he got punted out on loan to whatever mug manager would have him, but let’s be honest if Jose calls you up and says take this keeper the least your expecting is a reasonably competent goalie the reality is he’d struggle to make it as a ball boy!

Why has this tread been bumped up?!?  I just about had a stroke when I saw his name!!!  WORST keeper I have ever seen at Hearts, and I remember Craig Nelson. 

2 hours ago, Heartsofgold said:

Why has this tread been bumped up?!?  I just about had a stroke when I saw his name!!!  WORST keeper I have ever seen at Hearts, and I remember Craig Nelson. 

😝 

2 hours ago, Heartsofgold said:

I remember Brian Wilson, think he was just as bad

2 hours ago, Rudy T said:

I think popadom hands dad is pals with Jose which goes a long way to explaining how he ended up at Man U, clearly Jose couldn’t have him hanging around Man U for too long so he got punted out on loan to whatever mug manager would have him, but let’s be honest if Jose calls you up and says take this keeper the least your expecting is a reasonably competent goalie the reality is he’d struggle to make it as a ball boy!

I just looked him up, he joined Man U as a youth in 2012, under Ferguson!