Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• soonbe110

• Pasquale for King

• Jambo 4 Ever

5 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Well done

Looks confident 

compared to Bobby yes... but had some moments that he was a bit flappy... bit improvement on the dross though

4 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Well done

Looks confident 

Only one fumble but Berra looked to be in his was otherwise he was getting it. 

Distribution needs work or the outfield players need to learn where he likes to punt it. 

All in all an assuring performance. 

kirkierobroy

Funny game, fitba, isn't it? One week you're mixing and training with football millionaires, next week you're standing in the rain covered in mud in Motherwell.

Thought Police

Unlike Bobby he’s always looking for the easy out ball to a Hearts player. Nervous at first but definitely grew into it

Thought he looked a tiny bit nervous to start with - difficult conditions, first game, team don’t know him and vice versa - I thought he seemed to grow in confidence as the game progressed though. Have a feeling he’s going to be valuable for us 

2 minutes ago, Thought Police said:

Unlike Bobby he’s always looking for the easy out ball to a Hearts player. Nervous at first but definitely grew into it

1 minute ago, Dannie Boy said:

Thought he played well tonight. First game with a new set of team mates in monsoon conditions. 

Agreed 

18 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Well done

Looks confident 

Different perspective but that’s the one thing I didn’t feel he was but still early days. Definitely grew into the game.

It’s weird how you get little slices of luck. If he ends up conceding from that palm out it would take big character to come back from that, which I unfortunately feel has been zlamals downfall.

Hopefully kicks on once he gets settled.

16 minutes ago, cruzabic said:

Can't kick...

The guy can kick for miles lol.

Find it strange how every time our keeper kicks from his hands more than half of the time it bounces and ends up in the other keepers hands. Our strikers don't even attempt to challenge or control the ball, the generally don't even make an attempt to keep the ball alive. Is it just me that sees this ?

Not a dig just a thought I thought our forward players worked their socks off tonight and got the rewards. 

Hungry hippo

I don't think it's easy to make judgement either way based on tonight. Will see how he gets on over the next few weeks. Fingers crossed.

2 minutes ago, Bking9 said:

The guy can kick for miles lol.

Find it strange how every time our keeper kicks from his hands more than half of the time it bounces and ends up in the other keepers hands. Our strikers don't even attempt to challenge or control the ball, the generally don't even make an attempt to keep the ball alive. Is it just me that sees this ?

Not a dig just a thought I thought our forward players worked their socks off tonight and got the rewards. 

Sorry...he can't kick where he wants the ball to go but he can kick far! My father said "he's maybe used to kicking on larger pitches so the ball goes further" made me chuckle but could be right

Just now, cruzabic said:

Sorry...he can't kick where he wants the ball to go but he can kick far! My father said "he's maybe used to kicking on larger pitches so the ball goes further" made me chuckle but could be right

No I got what you ment, I'd have to agree with that. **** me when he was kicking from the deck the ball was going higher than the stand lol.

Not the worst logic from your old man 😂

maroonsgotop

was in early and watched the warm and was a bit concerned about how he was dealing with things. This continued with his first half fumble plus his distribution was poor. Improved in the 2nd half. Jury's out for me but fingers crossed he comes good

Thought he looked nervous first half, but then Levein said he would be, however he will definitely be an upgrade on calamity bob. 

Edited by VALDOS'

He was well protected by his defence tonight and didn't have a great deal to do the whole game. Impossible to see on TV but did anyone at the game notice whether he was quite vocal with the defence, communication was one of Zlamal's weak points and often contributed to the confusion. 

Guest ToqueJambo
17 minutes ago, Hairdryer said:

Looks calm and in control similar to Jon mcglaughlin

That's what we want. Doesn't have to be spectacular, just steady and reliable.

The Internet

The baw comes off his foot like a rocket. Reckon we should try that thing man city do where the striker stands miles offside at goal kicks and lets ederson find him. 

1 hour ago, Hungry hippo said:

I don't think it's easy to make judgement either way based on tonight. Will see how he gets on over the next few weeks. Fingers crossed.

You've no idea how JKB works eh?? This place is full of Bots programmed to abuse anything and everything.

Thought his kicking in the main was ok.

loved his celebrations for the goals and at the end he came over to us and lapped it up which was nice. Thought he did well in horrendous conditions .

well protected tonight by the defence. Berra played very well

2 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Thought his kicking in the main was ok.

loved his celebrations for the goals and at the end he came over to us and lapped it up which was nice. Thought he did well in horrendous conditions .

well protected tonight by the defence. Berra played very well

Very pleased for Berra.  As for the goalie, I read elsewhere that distribution of the ball was one of his strengths.

Let's just let him settle in and see how he goes.

It’s funny how people view things, I thought he was poor, his distribution was poor, kept punting it long straight to the opposite keeper. He never had much to do though apart from kick it long so I’m sure we will see his true colours in coming games. 

Should add that I liked the boaby 😁 big Z treated harshly by some of our support but admit he probably needs a break from the  boo boys 😕

He looked calm and confident.

Not great at their goal but that was more bad luck than anything else. More often than not, he'd have gotten something on that strike.

It's his jersey for now.

There was an assurance to our performance, particularly in the second half and you wonder how much of that was about having a new keeper in goals - perhaps put some confidence through the team.

Captain Sausage

Hard to judge in those conditions on a debut. 

Had that fumble gone in, we would all be laying into him saying how pish he is (not dissimilar to Doyle’s mistake at Fir Park last season). 

Thankfully Hickey was there and cleared it off the line. 

5 minutes ago, Captain Sausage said:

Hard to judge in those conditions on a debut. 

Had that fumble gone in, we would all be laying into him saying how pish he is (not dissimilar to Doyle’s mistake at Fir Park last season). 

Thankfully Hickey was there and cleared it off the line. 

That's part of the problem with football supporters, we lay into players very quickly. Thankfully there was no need last night.

It’s easy to blame the goal keepers but Berra is not the player he was and under pressure he can cause a bit of panic. We need Souter back ASAP.

2 minutes ago, Prof said:

It’s easy to blame the goal keepers but Berra is not the player he was and under pressure he can cause a bit of panic. We need Souter back ASAP.

FTH

Gordon Ramsay

Poor first half but maybe nerves. 

Some bad kicking and let an easy shot spill out. 

Looked more assured second half 

Bazzas right boot

Hard to judge tonight, not much to do and the weather was very poor. 

Taken a few crosses well after the dodgy tyoe first half save. 

Truth be told he had very little to do. 

kingantti1874

Thought he looked good, the spilled effort in first half looked bad but I think he expected Motherwell player to make better contact, his ball striking was good but needs to work on the chipped diagonals as wasn’t the best.. a big improvement no doubt

Should've saved that for Wells goal. Apart from that didn't have much to do. Good reaction save from a potential OG. Kicking was OK but was an awful night for conditions. I think he will do good here just needs to be starting every game and in sure we will see his full potential 

jambogirlglasgow

First game with practically unknown defence in front of him, live on national tv, not played that many games and atrocious conditions- he’d be entitled to be nervous. Handled the occasion well, and looks a big improvement already. 🇱🇻

1 hour ago, Jenks said:

His kicking was atrocious. I'm putting it down to nerves though. Good second half.

His kicking was an upgrade on Bobby's 

jambogirlglasgow
17 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Yep. He will do just fine and the defence were more confident, for sure.

That’s what I thought. 

He should do fine as he doesn't have a gymnastics warm up routine, ROFL...

Looked nervous but dealt well with anything thrown near him off the ground, got lucky in the first half and paid the price for poor protection prior to the goal where he got megggedd.....
Decent distribution given the conditions, any keeper would have struggled tbf..

7 hours ago, jambogirlglasgow said:

First game with practically unknown defence in front of him, live on national tv, not played that many games and atrocious conditions- he’d be entitled to be nervous. Handled the occasion well, and looks a big improvement already. 🇱🇻

I fully agree with that summary, plus not a hair out of place despite the conditions. 

:cool:

• davemclaren changed the title to Joel Pereira Update