Joel Pereira Update

afanderson33

It should have been ten

Have a mate from Manchester who is a season ticket holder at Old Trafford and says the Pereira is class. Tall but also gets down to the ball quick and commands his box well. Says we’re getting a cracking keeper :2thumbsup:

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• soonbe110

• Pasquale for King

• Jambo 4 Ever

Swing the bar or GTF 

Looks a very good signing for us and hopefully gives the scouts a full season to get our longer term number 1 in.

Sub4TiddlerMurray
16 hours ago, neonjambo said:

The timing of the arrivals more than the players arriving.

You answered my point, Now we have to get them playing as a team, surely that is what the summer is for?

of course, you are right, that’s the ideal, but...

Damour, Pereira, Whelan and (hopefully) Meshino are all happening after the English premiership transfer window closed and that may have had a bearing on why these guys have chosen to come to us now. We don’t know.

I’m delighted that we are getting this calibre of player....a major step up IMO... from the level we’ve been at since Romanov. So, I prefer to celebrate that rather than worry about the less-than-ideal timing.

letsalldothebeattie

An absolutely cracking signing for us. Seen his development while coming through at United and he is a top keeper

The Treasurer
12 hours ago, siegementality said:

No. I’m slating his transfer strategy - such as it is - which was wrong. He underestimated the depth and quality of the squad. Now his arse is hanging out the window due to a series of shit results he is trying to sign his way out of the position he had put himself in.

I’m slating him for not recognising that the two keepers we had are shit. I’ll go further and slate him for giving one of said shit keepers a one year extension to his contract.

Levein is a lucky man. Budge - for reasons best known to her - is pulling out all the stops to allow him to try and turn around the mess that he - not Cathro - has made of the footballing department. He’s squandered money left, right, and centre, and is now running around trying to fill in the gaps that are there because of his piss poor signings, or that he failed to recognise.

That said, all is apparently fine though. There are people on here who actually believe this was all part of the Levein masterplan. What he said publicly, to press, Hearts TV, etc, was all lies. It was just a part of his cunning plan to kid people on, while all the time he was targeting players that no-one else appears to want anyway. He does like a good laugh eh.

Where do I start.

The quality of player he is signing does not look like someone "running around trying to fill gaps"

I'm sure Levein and his team have been actively looking at players long before the end of last season, never mind the start of this one.

I'd much rather we did our business in private rather than mouthing off to the press that we're going to sign this player and that player.

Agreed, Levein has been given a lot of leeway, but maybe a bit of stability is what's needed. A lot of people (wrongly) called for Neilson's head. They got their wish and look how that turned out.

The Treasurer
30 minutes ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

of course, you are right, that’s the ideal, but...

Damour, Pereira, Whelan and (hopefully) Meshino are all happening after the English premiership transfer window closed and that may have had a bearing on why these guys have chosen to come to us now. We don’t know.

I’m delighted that we are getting this calibre of player....a major step up IMO... from the level we’ve been at since Romanov. So, I prefer to celebrate that rather than worry about the less-than-ideal timing.

I don't think this is just a coincidence

1 hour ago, The Treasurer said:

Where do I start.

The quality of player he is signing does not look like someone "running around trying to fill gaps"

I'm sure Levein and his team have been actively looking at players long before the end of last season, never mind the start of this one.

I'd much rather we did our business in private rather than mouthing off to the press that we're going to sign this player and that player.

Agreed, Levein has been given a lot of leeway, but maybe a bit of stability is what's needed. A lot of people (wrongly) called for Neilson's head. They got their wish and look how that turned out.

Some folk genuinely think deals for quality such as Naismith and Whelan are done in a day.

TweedbankJambo
11 hours ago, gjcc said:

I’ll wait to see his gymnastics warm up routine before passing judgement. 

11 hours ago, NLTFTh said:

I'll give him 2 starts before he's ripped a new one in here.. 1 dropped or parried cross and the chainsaws will be out.. 

Hope he does well obviously like any #1 but fear for him playing behind our defence.. 

Your only ever as good as those protecting you at any level.. 

HHGH FTh

Chainsaws 😂 good one, true also! HHGH! 

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, Natural Orders said:

Pretty negative stuff. Still I would imagine Man Utd’s 6th choice GK is better than the two jokers we currently are stuck with until 2021.

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

Pretty negative stuff. Still I would imagine Man Utd’s 6th choice GK is better than the two jokers we currently are stuck with until 2021.

Tbf the journalist is a bit of a clown, so wouldn’t take it as gospel. Fancies himself as a guru but has been found out quite a few times as being an absolute slaver.

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, HMFC86 said:

Tbf the journalist is a bit of a clown, so wouldn’t take it as gospel. Fancies himself as a guru but has been found out quite a few times as being an absolute slaver.

Aren’t they all?

5 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

HI-JACK ALERT.

Back to Levein!

The White Cockade

Couple of United fans at work and they both rate him pretty highly

Just hope he makes a flying start as one mistake and the boo boys are on his back

Never been a Levein Oot man but if you look at the players we have in the squad now then

if we don't finish top 4 then the standard of our management and coaching must be dire

Let's hope things pick up now and Fir Park will be a good place to start

Pasquale for King
14 hours ago, japanjambo said:

The laddie looks good:

Sounds weird but he just looks like he knows what he’s doing, seems to anticipates where the shots going and saves them. He must start on Friday.

19 hours ago, OTT said:

I think Bobby puts the fear into the defence. Having a competent keeper behind will give Berra and co a chance to actually breath.

Nailed

Guest ToqueJambo
10 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Some folk genuinely think deals for quality such as Naismith and Whelan are done in a day.

Yeah, do we want a player with no other offers who brings his own pen he's that desperate for a club or someone with options and offers who takes their time - and still decides after reviewing all their options that Hearts is the club for them.

Ok, we've started poorly but the recruitment this window has been top notch in every way. Whether Levein lasts the season as manager or not, he's done more than enough to cement his position as DoF. Everything is in place for a good season. Levein will know himself it's time to quit if he cannot build a very competitive team from this squad.

13 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

Where do I start.

He has been backed superbly by Ann it has to be said . He can have no complaints on that front especially in this window. 

We look finally to have signed some real quality which has gone a good way to quashing the poor recruitment angle levelled at Craig

My gut feeling and fear is that the underlying problem is the coaching .While Craig ultimately carrys the can I dont think Daly, Fox or MCPhee are up to the job . We've looked a shambles in game time for months now and talk of a lack of confidence 2 games in is not only worrying but quite frankly laughable. 

One thing for sure if he can't get a tune out of this squad he really has to go because there can be absolutely no excuses. 

The Treasurer
9 hours ago, ramrod said:

He has been backed superbly by Ann it has to be said . He can have no complaints on that front especially in this window. 

We look finally to have signed some real quality which has gone a good way to quashing the poor recruitment angle levelled at Craig

My gut feeling and fear is that the underlying problem is the coaching .While Craig ultimately carrys the can I dont think Daly, Fox or MCPhee are up to the job . We've looked a shambles in game time for months now and talk of a lack of confidence 2 games in is not only worrying but quite frankly laughable. 

One thing for sure if he can't get a tune out of this squad he really has to go because there can be absolutely no excuses. 

Can't disagree with most of this apart from you saying McPhee isn't up to the job.

1 hour ago, The Treasurer said:

Can't disagree with most of this apart from you saying McPhee isn't up to the job.

It's purely guess work on MCPhee , but I don't see signs anywhere that we are being coach properly, apart from the odd set piece routine . 

Hopefully  the new signings will bring a bit of experience and input into things . 

12 minutes ago, ramrod said:

It's purely guess work on MCPhee , but I don't see signs anywhere that we are being coach properly, apart from the odd set piece routine . 

Hopefully  the new signings will bring a bit of experience and input into things . 

Interestingly our latest signing has said that he has been "really impressed" by the training he's been involved in during the last few days. 

26 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Take a trip to Oriam some midweek morning. Think you will be surprised. 

23 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Yes , I find that quite scary .

Probably only the deal for the Japanese lad is 'last minute' .

According to , probably the same clowns , only Hearts are doing any transfer business right now . 

49 minutes ago, SUTOL said:

Interestingly our latest signing has said that he has been "really impressed" by the training he's been involved in during the last few days. 

37 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Take a trip to Oriam some midweek morning. Think you will be surprised. 

What are putting the fact down us not performing then? 

Poor rectuirment ? Players not carrying out instructions properly? Bad luck ? 

Not havng a go as I've never been up to Oriam , but something isn't working . 

Jambo 4 Ever
2 hours ago, ramrod said:

players thinking they are better than they are?

or

doing well in training but fail to deliver in matches

4 hours ago, Natural Orders said:

in what way?

probably that he looks a wee bit glaikit and has eyebrows like caterpillars

StevenNaismith

Watched him in training today, helluva good goalkeeper. Miles better than any keeper we have had since Gordon. Terrific piece of business by the club.

Guest ToqueJambo
7 hours ago, ramrod said:

A settled team with most of our best players available will see a very big uptick in performances and results IMO. And we have to hope whatever they’re doing in training, finishing and final third play is featuring atrongly.

27 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

Watched him in training today, helluva good goalkeeper. Miles better than any keeper we have had since Gordon. Terrific piece of business by the club.

:robbo:

On 14/08/2019 at 10:40, Natural Orders said:

Was Luckhurst not the boy that was overly critical of Mitchell coming to Hearts?  Slaver if it is the same guy.

Edited by Bob Loblaw

10 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

We won't see Zlamal again before he is emptied and I am delighted about that. 

Good luck to him wherever he ends up. 

Looks like it. I just hope he hasn't got some other kind of issue that's affecting his performance, seems to be a decent lad.

51 minutes ago, whodanny said:

Looks like it. I just hope he hasn't got some other kind of issue that's affecting his performance, seems to be a decent lad.

He's not been the same since that vermin ned smacked him in the face, in my view. Happy with the new goalie though and Harry Stone is looking good for the future too.

1 hour ago, jonnothejambo said:

Yeah he does. It's a pity he is not a very good goalkeeper.

1 hour ago, EIEIO said:

He's not been the same since that vermin ned smacked him in the face, in my view. Happy with the new goalie though and Harry Stone is looking good for the future too.

I do feel something changed with him. Seemed to have good confidence at the start of last season, but all gone now. He's been a liability of late, very glad to have the new lad Pereira in. Thanks anyway Bobby.

Unknown user
1 hour ago, Arthur Morgan said:

I feel a bit sad for Bobby, he seems a great guy :(

Same, but that's football for you I suppose

Bobby changed after the clanger in the semi. Came back strong last season but I think the penalty in the final (I don't blame him for that but I know others do, and he probably does himself) may have knocked him back again. He needs a spell out of the side, and it looks like Doyle will be no 2. 

Guest ToqueJambo

Time out for Bobby to work on his game. Same with Sean Clare potentially.

Whatever you think of Levein, he really doesn't mess about if he thinks a change is needed or a player isn't up to scratch. Has his "project" players and favourites like any manager, but he seems very ruthless when push comes to shove.

Governor Tarkin
3 hours ago, Arthur Morgan said:

I feel a bit sad for Bobby, he seems a great guy :(

Aye, it's been a while since we've had a proper cult-hero goalie, and Bobby seems to be on the right side of eccentric to fill that role.

Unfortunately he's too eccentric between the sticks to be any good.

• davemclaren changed the title to Joel Pereira Update