Joel Pereira Update

afanderson33

38 minutes ago, neonjambo said:

Sorry just saw Graygo's post on the other thread and sums it up perfectly - outwith any new signings.

"Berra had a long spell out injured last season and doesn't look back to full fitness yet.

Souttar is out just now and also missed a chunk of last season.

White hadn't kicked a ball for 2 1/2 years before yesterday.

Damour only played 2 games last season so is not match fit.

Walker has just returned from an injury and didn't play much football last year.

Haring is in the middle of a lengthy injury recovery period.

Clare has just returned from a lengthy injury.

Naismith as we all know is made of glass and has had a couple of lengthy injuries in the past year.

Ikpeazu is just back from injury and not fully fit yet. "

Good of you to copy and paste it into this thread!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• soonbe110

• Pasquale for King

• Jambo 4 Ever

16 minutes ago, RobNox said:

Good of you to copy and paste it into this thread!

Used it out of context too, I'm a happy clapper and it wasn't meant as an excuse to berate the club/manager. :seething:

On 10/08/2019 at 20:19, Gordon Ramsay said:

Again the lack of planning is clear to see. 

Scraping about for a centre mid 2 games into the season and now a goalkeeper. 

Blatantly obvious this should have been addressed at the start of summer. 

Too busy fannying about with daft orchestras 

Levein is a clueless clown everything changes from original statements he makes.

We could sign messi it won’t make any difference until he is gone the man hasn’t a scoot  doo what he is doing 

24 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Fair point, will he create chances and movement in the final third?

Hopefully. 😎👍

1 minute ago, graygo said:

Used it out of context too, I'm a happy clapper and it wasn't meant as an excuse to berate the club/manager. :seething:

:lol:

siegementality
2 hours ago, Haken said:

See if you have a couple of keepers and you think both could be improved upon, it's probably not a great idea to come out and say that before you've at least got a better replacement in.  Imagine telling an employee that they're not very good but keep plugging away until we find someone to replace you.

Maybe just better not to say anything then.

See if you have a couple of keepers that you think could be improved on probably not best to give one of them a one year contract extension!

While Levein can’t control what questions he is asked he has complete control in how he answers. How much - and what - information he gives is entirely up to him.

There are people on here seem to think that when he says something in public he actually means the opposite anyway. He’s just kidding people on by saying he’s not looking for a new keeper. It’s all part of his “it was a good laugh eh” piss take. 

Me, I personally think. He’s in panic mode. We’re only 3 or 4 players away from competing. Looking like signing between 6 and 7. We’ll develop young players. Other teams young players it would seem. We don’t need a new keeper. Except we did - he failed to see it - but now his job is on the line (and if it’s not it should be. And at the very least any credibility he had is being lost) and low and behold, a new keeper is signed!

Levein is a mug. I gave up on him the second he was quoted as saying that he didn’t know what to do to stop the run of poor performances and defeats.

3 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Check out the boys save on our Twitter.

Haven't seen Bobby do that in a year.

did we just see a keeper in Hearts colours dive, clutch the ball out the air and HOLD onto it?!

" I havent heard that name in quite some time "

A_A wehatethehibs
19 minutes ago, Blacky87 said:

Got a mate in work who's an AVID Man Utd fan and he reckons this is the best bit of business we've done in a long time!

I hope he is right! 

Heard almost those exact words verbatim regarding Mitchell. Always remember, Man United fans have the least clue about football of any fan base on the planet. They tend to just assume all their youth players are world class and would stroll Scottish football.

But I’m certainly excited to be getting a good talent from a top club in the building for the season. Let’s see those Macca at Easter Road type saves from the lad. He better be up to it with our current leaky defence that’s for sure! 

1 minute ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Heard almost those exact words verbatim regarding Mitchell. Always remember, Man United fans have the least clue about football of any fan base on the planet. They tend to just assume all their youth players are world class and would stroll Scottish football.

But I’m certainly excited to be getting a good talent from a top club in the building for the season. Let’s see those Macca at Easter Road type saves from the lad. He better be up to it with our current leaky defence that’s for sure! 

if he hits the ground like Demi did and maintains that then that cant be too bad! 🙂

But agreed, i'll keep my pant wetting until i see him play! lol!

doctor jambo
2 minutes ago, Blacky87 said:

if he hits the ground like Demi did and maintains that then that cant be too bad! 🙂

But agreed, i'll keep my pant wetting until i see him play! lol!

Quite, the revisionism re Mitchell is a shame, when he joined us he was absolutely awesome

Maroon Sailor
3 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Written off as another dud/Levein gtf come 21.30 Friday night as normal.

He has to get something right with signings.

Just pleased he's acted as the season was going nowhere with Bobby and the Dodderers

The Treasurer
14 minutes ago, siegementality said:

See if you have a couple of keepers that you think could be improved on probably not best to give one of them a one year contract extension!

While Levein can’t control what questions he is asked he has complete control in how he answers. How much - and what - information he gives is entirely up to him.

There are people on here seem to think that when he says something in public he actually means the opposite anyway. He’s just kidding people on by saying he’s not looking for a new keeper. It’s all part of his “it was a good laugh eh” piss take. 

Me, I personally think. He’s in panic mode. We’re only 3 or 4 players away from competing. Looking like signing between 6 and 7. We’ll develop young players. Other teams young players it would seem. We don’t need a new keeper. Except we did - he failed to see it - but now his job is on the line (and if it’s not it should be. And at the very least any credibility he had is being lost) and low and behold, a new keeper is signed!

Levein is a mug. I gave up on him the second he was quoted as saying that he didn’t know what to do to stop the run of poor performances and defeats.

So to summarise, you're slating Levein because he wasn't signing players, now your slating Levein because he is signing players :mw_confused:

Pasquale for King
19 minutes ago, Blacky87 said:

did we just see a keeper in Hearts colours dive, clutch the ball out the air and HOLD onto it?!

" I havent heard that name in quite some time "

He then jumped up and rolled it out immediately to a midfielder.

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

He then jumped up and rolled it out immediately to a midfielder.

Nah, it must be Budge propaganda! lol!

2 hours ago, Apache Mal said:

Zlamal should have kept his head but no, he dived in and gave Collum a decision to make. Pish poor. 

A mindful keeper would have read the danger and cleared the ball over the roof and beyond. Thus, denying flipper the seal the opportunity to fall over unaided. Celtic diddly – Hearts Win:  Cup parade on Sunday.

However, ‘Z’ is not a mindful keeper. I have no wish to be disrespectful to ‘Z’ but he is hibs class no more no less.

The GK spot was a priority signing for game one. Hopefully now addressed.

The Apprentice

CL says he’s happy with his goalkeeping options... FFS neither are good enough and need replaced.

CL signs a new goalkeeper... FFS I thought he said he was happy with the options he had.

Can’t please everyone I suppose! 

3 hours ago, Apache Mal said:

Zlamal should have kept his head but no, he dived in and gave Collum a decision to make. Pish poor. 

He went for the ball like most keepers would. Doesn't matter if Collum was "given a decision to make", what matters is that Collum made the wrong one and is therefore the one at fault. 

11 minutes ago, The Apprentice said:

CL says he’s happy with his goalkeeping options... FFS neither are good enough and need replaced.

CL signs a new goalkeeper... FFS I thought he said he was happy with the options he had.

Can’t please everyone I suppose! 

Aye, you can become critical but I suppose managers can change their minds in an instant in football.

Its maybe been a vote of confidence before the season started and it’s quickly not panned out well. The old days gave you an opportunity to buy players at almost any time in the season but fans are critical now if the work isn’t done in a certain timescale. 

Im not making excuses.  There was positions months ago that every man and their Jambo dug knew needed immediate surgery. But it’s fair to say sometimes things materialise unexpectedly and managers need to respond quickly. 

Edited by Debut 4

3 hours ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

Good hands but distribution poor. Hope I'm doing this right.

It's good to see that he can catch the ball instead of punching it away, which bloody annoys me.

If the guy rocks up with wooden leg he'll still be an improvement on Bobby and if  he has more than 1 brain cell it's a bonus . 

Coburg Hearts

Some comments from our friends in the East. :winkiss:

That’s yet another superb signing for Hearts. 

Saw a lot of him last season and I’m surprised he’s not been snapped up by a bottom half EPL team/Championship team.

Originally Posted by Heisenberg 

Hearts chucking money at their problem positions. Going by Leveins record they’ll probably be pish, but they are trying. 

Meanwhile we’re done in the transfer market and have no one in midfield with any sort of defensive capability. If we stay as we are, particularly in central midfield, it’s going to be a ridiculously long season.

That’s my take. I can’t figure out how anybody at the club can think what we have is sufficient. And if it’s the case that they’ve just run out of money then that’s even more of a concern, particularly as Farmer was telling us how good the accounts will look when the takeover happened.

Originally Posted by GreenCastle 

Hearts have signed Pereira (GK) and seems like Glenn Whelan is pretty much completed also. 

Reports also saying they are trying to get Ryotaro Meshino from Man City - attacking midfielder.

Whelan will unfortunately be a great signing for them if they do indeed get him.

Finlay James
On 10/08/2019 at 20:16, Jodami said:

This rumour seems to have been circulating for the last 2 or 3 days. Not surprised due to the lack of quality in this position but what is going on at the club when we are bringing in a loan keeper several games into the season. It looks shambolic.

Or, we have been waiting on the higher quality player rather than just sign anyone.  I know which route I'd rather we took.

11 minutes ago, Finlay James said:

Or, we have been waiting on the higher quality player rather than just sign anyone.  I know which route I'd rather we took.

I hope he succeeds it's a position we have little quality in. As ever though I'll reserve judgement until I see him play. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
4 hours ago, siegementality said:

Sorry to be pedantic but 24th June is not early June!

Seven weeks after making that statement he’s had to bring another keeper in. 

Everyone know that the goalkeepers were not good enough, everyone except Levein right enough. He’s a mug!

Levein knew 

Hence why someone who has proven Itk about this keeper says we have been looking since Jan.

Hence why we moved for Gordon

Levein had his fingers burnt by McGregor before so he had to publicly support his current keepers in case we didn’t land one.

Back on topic.....some comments from a man Utd season ticket holder I know. 

He's young but fairly highly regarded although I've never seen him myself. We have him and Dean Henderson who's on loan at Sheffield United who are our young keepers. I get the impression Henderson is ahead of Pereira in the pecking order

I am quite optimistic about this signing.

Even in the worst case scenario, he is almost certain to be better than what we currently have.  

siegementality
2 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

So to summarise, you're slating Levein because he wasn't signing players, now your slating Levein because he is signing players :mw_confused:

No. I’m slating his transfer strategy - such as it is - which was wrong. He underestimated the depth and quality of the squad. Now his arse is hanging out the window due to a series of shit results he is trying to sign his way out of the position he had put himself in.

I’m slating him for not recognising that the two keepers we had are shit. I’ll go further and slate him for giving one of said shit keepers a one year extension to his contract.

Levein is a lucky man. Budge - for reasons best known to her - is pulling out all the stops to allow him to try and turn around the mess that he - not Cathro - has made of the footballing department. He’s squandered money left, right, and centre, and is now running around trying to fill in the gaps that are there because of his piss poor signings, or that he failed to recognise.

That said, all is apparently fine though. There are people on here who actually believe this was all part of the Levein masterplan. What he said publicly, to press, Hearts TV, etc, was all lies. It was just a part of his cunning plan to kid people on, while all the time he was targeting players that no-one else appears to want anyway. He does like a good laugh eh.

2 hours ago, Sarah O said:

Never heard of him nor I have I seen him play.  But BOOOOOOO in advance.

Haha. My thoughts exactly. Should add lazy wage thief to that as well.

I really hope no hearts players or potential signings know about, or ever find out about kickback.

Edited by JamboAndrew

3 hours ago, siegementality said:

:thumbs_up:

1 hour ago, siegementality said:

No. I’m slating his transfer strategy - such as it is - which was wrong. He underestimated the depth and quality of the squad. Now his arse is hanging out the window due to a series of shit results he is trying to sign his way out of the position he had put himself in.

I’m slating him for not recognising that the two keepers we had are shit. I’ll go further and slate him for giving one of said shit keepers a one year extension to his contract.

Levein is a lucky man. Budge - for reasons best known to her - is pulling out all the stops to allow him to try and turn around the mess that he - not Cathro - has made of the footballing department. He’s squandered money left, right, and centre, and is now running around trying to fill in the gaps that are there because of his piss poor signings, or that he failed to recognise.

That said, all is apparently fine though. There are people on here who actually believe this was all part of the Levein masterplan. What he said publicly, to press, Hearts TV, etc, was all lies. It was just a part of his cunning plan to kid people on, while all the time he was targeting players that no-one else appears to want anyway. He does like a good laugh eh.

I agree with a lot of this.

FWIW I do think this seasons business has been much better and a lot less risky. 

Whether he was at it when he said we only needed 3/4 players this year or not. He made a point of highlighting this allowed continuity, 

Fact is we shouldn’t need to sign 7/8 players the season after signing 19. It is bad planning, at best. 

Edited by HMFC86

On 10/08/2019 at 23:18, Kiwidoug said:

So is this the keeper Levein said a couple of weeks ago that we didnt need?

Sorry, but I'm struggling to keep us with his incompetence now.

Surely he will resign on Monday.

Been looking for a keeper for weeks, maybe months. Cup final was final straw for Bobby. 

5 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Another good signing, why are we still so bad?

Most of this summers signings are still to get match fit on top of the fact that they have, in most cases, had about 45 mins playing with each other. The signings are excellent, if they are not performing in a few weeks time questions have to be asked. 

Bazzas right boot
24 minutes ago, Cygnet said:

Jimmy Calderwood has let himself go eh!!

😂

Not tanned enough! 

All these signings (and potential signings) are fantastic. It is really positive.

However, the manager and coaches are terrible. I'm sorry to put a bit of a downer on all of this but think of how good we could actually be with capable people in charge. I know Levein wants to develop these people but FFS - is Ann Budge blind? 

Edited by Mr Kipling

1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

Most of this summers signings are still to get match fit on top of the fact that they have, in most cases, had about 45 mins playing with each other. The signings are excellent, if they are not performing in a few weeks time questions have to be asked. 

This is where I am at. He will get the first 11 fix’s and lets see where we are at

2 hours ago, HMFC86 said:

I agree with a lot of this.

FWIW I do think this seasons business has been much better and a lot less risky. 

Whether he was at it when he said we only needed 3/4 players this year or not. He made a point of highlighting this allowed continuity, 

Fact is we shouldn’t need to sign 7/8 players the season after signing 19. It is bad planning, at best. 

Maybe, however you can only sign players when they become available unless you have lots of money to spend on transfer fees. I think he has been tracking people for a while and some have become available. Certainly the case with Walker and Damour and Naismith 

I still see us as being in our journey from administration.

As such there is a high turnover of players as our spending income increases.

Ignore Levein - please.

The quality we have signed and may still sign this window is a step above last season and anything else in a window since admin.

And take a step back the better quality players we have signed season on season has improved.

Our form WILL turnaround.

Edited by Jammy T

On the face of it, this looks a terrific signing. 

I'm not going to stick the knife into Bobby. He had a shocker on Saturday, but on the whole he did a job for us last season. Like most of the team, he never really looked the same after the match at Murrayfield. I assume he'll be moving on, and I wish him well. 

I'll give him 2 starts before he's ripped a new one in here.. 1 dropped or parried cross and the chainsaws will be out.. 

Hope he does well obviously like any #1 but fear for him playing behind our defence.. 

Your only ever as good as those protecting you at any level.. 

HHGH FTh

Just now, NLTFTh said:

I'll give him 2 starts before he's ripped a new one in here.. 1 dropped or parried cross and the chainsaws will be out.. 

Hope he does well obviously like any #1 but fear for him playing behind our defence.. 

HHGH FTh

I’ll wait to see his gymnastics warm up routine before passing judgement. 

I'm not judging him I only fear for him as we seem to ruin players, that's a fact. Not sure if its the coaching/training/man management but we are doing something wrong.. 

14 minutes ago, NLTFTh said:

HHGH FTh

I think Bobby puts the fear into the defence. Having a competent keeper behind will give Berra and co a chance to actually breath.

22 minutes ago, OTT said:

I think Bobby puts the fear into the defence. Having a competent keeper behind will give Berra and co a chance to actually breath.

We have 1 CB who was arguably the best in the league prior to injury last year, 1 who is tipped to be one of the best scottish footballing CB's in decades and just signed another one who was in the team if the year and captain of his last club last season. So I agree, having a solid keeper behind them will make a world of difference, add in the signing of Whelan (allegedly) to sit in front of them the the vase of our team looks exceedingly strong. And if we get the Japanese Messi in on top of the attacking options we already have then this this is the strongest squad (not just team) we have had since the early Romanov years! And credit to everyone who has helped put it together! 

Here's hoping we can make that strength work on the pitch!

• davemclaren changed the title to Joel Pereira Update