Joel Pereira Update

afanderson33

13 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

I’d take Archer over Zlamal. Not much of an upgrade but at this point I’d take it. He’s 26 so maybe there’s a bit of time for him, he can mature and develop ever so slightly, dropping down a level to facing SPFL strikers might help him. 1 year deal at best though. Zlamal on the other hand, there’s no room for improvement there he is done at Hearts, his head is not at the races, he needs to go home to Czech Republic

There was a point in time where Jack Hamilton was ahead of Archer in the Scotland setup, just let that sink in for a minute.............

If it's not a young keeper on loan then out of the free agents available I'd personally try and get Michael Vorm who is on a free after leaving spurs, 35 now but would easily do for a season or two

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• soonbe110

• Pasquale for King

• Jambo 4 Ever

Jambo dans les Pyrenees
37 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

Russian lad. 

Something chenko.

Dropztheba Chenko?

A_A wehatethehibs
16 minutes ago, Ribble said:

There was a point in time where Jack Hamilton was ahead of Archer in the Scotland setup, just let that sink in for a minute.............

If it's not a young keeper on loan then out of the free agents available I'd personally try and get Michael Vorm who is on a free after leaving spurs, 35 now but would easily do for a season or two

Jack Hamilton was very good for Scotland U21s at that time so there's not much point reading into that. If we can get someone the class of Vorm, great. Hearts is an enormous step down from Spurs though, realistically can't see it.

If we can't get someone good then for me it's desperate times, take a punt on anyone but Zlamal. I'd be playing Doyle on Friday. His clangers youtube highlights is worse than Archers. Can any of our outfield players play in goal? Berra can't run any more, but could he maybe be converted? He has the jump and the aerial command. Quite a good shot stopper with his heed as well, just train him to use his hands. 

On 10/08/2019 at 20:30, busby1985 said:

Let’s look at it for what it is. Levein said a month ago we didn’t need midfielders, he was happy with what he had. A few days later the injury to Haring is worse than anticipated so we suggest we may start looking. Pre Stenhousemuir Levein tells the press he wants to play 442 with Clare and Bozanic in the middle. It’s a shambles and we start the search for midfielders. Start of the window Levein says we don’t need a keeper. Two games in and, even tho every sensible fan could see bobby was awful, Levein is now only seeing the need for a keeper. I won’t be surprised to see a right back come in as cover for Smith even tho Levein thinks we don’t need it. Pre season has been a total shambles. How long does he get away with this? I’ve said it before and I will say it again, Levein is now at war with the fans and is deliberately antagonising them, just like he did towards the end of his disastrous Scotland career. 

:cornette:

Hackney Hearts

I’ve said it before and I will say it again, Levein is now at war with the fans and is deliberately antagonising them

It's true. I hate to say it, but only this morning I received a turd in the post from him. Sad that it's come to this sort of thing.

TyphoonJambo
1 minute ago, Hackney Hearts said:

It's true. I hate to say it, but only this morning I received a turd in the post from him. Sad that it's come to this sort of thing.

😂😂

1 minute ago, Mr Sifter said:

Who?

Joel Pereira of Manchester United. Youth caps for Switzerland and Portugal.

Just now, Gorgiewave said:

Ahh, cheers. No really followed this thread, so didnae recognise the name 👍🏼

5 minutes ago, Gorgiewave said:

In the same game.  Refused to swap ends.

I’ve said it before and I will say it again, Levein is now at war with the fans and is deliberately antagonising them, just like he did towards the end of his disastrous Scotland career. 

post-2485-0-99755000-1498929589_thumb.gif85ACC963-F8DE-4AAC-8F99-9EEB6294622C.png.4ef9b56c214ee28677699c77ee74fb8e.png

5 minutes ago, Gorgiewave said:

According to Wiki hes on loan in Belgium!  

Auldreekie1874
6 minutes ago, I.T.K said:

Looks like he was in Belgium from January to the end of last season according to wiki, unless i'm reading it wrong.

Edited by Auldreekie1874

I’ve said it before and I will say it again, Levein is now at war with the fans and is deliberately antagonising them...

Sad to confirm that this is true.

He just tagged me on twitter.

All he wrote was "FUD" .

Savage! 😭 😭 😭 😭

10 minutes ago, Gregorski said:

All he wrote was "FUD" .

Savage! 😭 😭 😭 😭

but accurate ?

15 minutes ago, Gregorski said:

All he wrote was "FUD" .

Savage! 😭 😭 😭 😭

Honestly?

::troll::

11 minutes ago, Gregorski said:

All he wrote was "FUD" .

Savage! 😭 😭 😭 😭

I thought it was just me.

I was sitting watching East Enders last night when someone chapped on my door really loudly.  By the time I got to the door all I seen was Levein belting down the path giggling like a maniac.  Obviously he thought it was a good laugh. <_<

Lord Beni of Gorgie
6 minutes ago, Nobreath said:

I thought it was just me.

I was sitting watching East Enders last night when someone chapped on my door really loudly.  By the time I got to the door all I seen was Levein belting down the path giggling like a maniac.  Obviously he thought it was a good laugh. <_<

That could be true, as I know the big man is in to his Corrie. ITK on this one, he told me during a raffle in 1991 :)

Wasn't Zlamal's biggest critic , thought he was an ok keeper , but just ok .

Saturday was horrendous , maybe wants away and , literally , eye off the ball ?

Anyway , I assume , we have upgraded in the goalie department . 

50 minutes ago, I.T.K said:

Is he aye? According to Hearts he’s in Edinburgh! Time for a name change. 

rudi must stay
4 minutes ago, Sierra Delta said:

Interesting. 

Assume that means Zlamal will be departing shortly. 

We'll release him

2 minutes ago, Sierra Delta said:

Interesting. 

Assume that means Zlamal will be departing shortly. 

In terms of numbers that would be logical especially as Doyle signed a recent extension

However it does smack of help me Ann I need a new goalie after watching pre season, betfred cup and opening league matches

I do think that Stone is being looked at as the future number one but just too soon for him

Just now, GorgieFifeLife said:

Anything else done?

Just progress on two other possibles, Whelan being one. The other is/could be attacking midfielder but also maybe another striker now that Wighton and Uche seem to be struggling. 

GorgieFifeLife
2 minutes ago, Barack said:

Whelan will be announced tomorrow I'd imagine.

Hopefully in time to get clearance for Friday.

2 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

In terms of numbers that would be logical especially as Doyle signed a recent extension

However it does smack of help me Ann I need a new goalie after watching pre season, betfred cup and opening league matches

I do think that Stone is being looked at as the future number one but just too soon for him

Agreed, Stone is the potential number 1 but not for a couple of seasons at least. He signed a three year contract and I’d expect him to be challenging by year 3. Needs couple of years with reserves first. Gordon back next summer to be number 1 and bring on Stone. Doyle happy to be cover. 

1 minute ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

Hopefully in time to get clearance for Friday.

Trained yesterday so paperwork may already be completed. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Joel Pereira Update