Joel Pereira Update

afanderson33

2 minutes ago, BarneyBattles44 said:

The Legends

I appreciate your contribution.

Educate me on said . Hearts Onions. Go on. Let's by pass the actual legends .  the legend of Craig levein how romantic. Facts are brutal when you lay them out. I know my Facts when you throw legend into the mix. CL has been shite at management . As a player he nearly made Legend. I'm a Legend then for supporting the club for my whole life. My old Grandad is a Legend . the side 59-60 are legends . the 1914-16 are legends . JJ is a legend . need I go on as I've a lot more. CL is a ledgendary wage thief and bull shitter. Hide n seek champion. Go on spend all day saying things on me as you can't show me the  facts showing the Legend CL. Bragga MDV blueprint LA LA LA.

By that criteria, my grandad, my dad, myself and, to a lesser degree, my wife, are Hearts legends.

For you to call Craig Levein a ‘wage thief’ and a ‘bull shitter’ is an extremely poor show and, with that in mind, I retire from our discussion.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• soonbe110

• Pasquale for King

• Jambo 4 Ever

JJ is a legend. Still helped get us in deep financial difficulty with his shit post 98 signings, spunked away the momentum of winning the Cup and nearly got us relegated. So if balance is being given then do it equally. 

BarneyBattles44
20 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Strange it you saw Craig Levein play not to consider him as at the very least a great player.

I'm okay to limit the term 'legend' to very few. The 1914 team and manager, the 50s side. In that higher standard John Robertson isn't a legend either. 

At the time I rate CL as world class fantastic player. The Hogg incident soured  it n tainted CL. Robbo gets Legend before CL its simply the SC honour I felt was deserved. Fact

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

JJ is a legend. Still helped get us in deep financial difficulty with his shit post 98 signings, spunked away the momentum of winning the Cup and nearly got us relegated. So if balance is being given then do it equally. 

:spoton:

BarneyBattles44
1 minute ago, Morgan said:

:spoton:

6 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

What a party . If CL turns things around i will make sure i honour him correctly . Thanks for a Factual reply I am going to retreat from baiting the subject

10 minutes ago, His name is said:

Read the last 2 pages. Still unclear if we're signing a goalie... 

We seem to be going by the sighting of someone who isn't the keeper mentioned. 

BarneyBattles44
24 minutes ago, Morgan said:

By that criteria, my grandad, my dad, myself and, to a lesser degree, my wife, are Hearts legends.

For you to call Craig Levein a ‘wage thief’ and a ‘bull shitter’ is an extremely poor show and, with that in mind, I retire from our discussion.

We Fans are Legends .  I am not going to get into personal info . I can respect the opinion of other people. CL has lost my trust n I see it as groundhog day with him. I sense you have a sound nature . happy your Drenched in Maroon like it should be

3 minutes ago, BarneyBattles44 said:

We Fans are Legends .  I am not going to get into personal info . I can respect the opinion of other people. CL has lost my trust n I see it as groundhog day with him. I sense you have a sound nature . happy your Drenched in Maroon like it should be

Cool, Barney. :thumbsup:

15 minutes ago, JamboPete said:

Could the guy seen at the game have been Fraser Hornby?

If ever there was a game we didn’t want a potential loan striker to witness, it was yesterday!

We created absolutely nothing for our strikers.

BarneyBattles44
5 hours ago, EIEIO said:

Friday is our 7th competitive game of the season and we are still not ready this is what really pisses me off. Ross County were prepared for their first league cup game,  won their group at a canter , seeded for the next round, easily won their first league game and were robbed of victory yesterday by bad luck and poor finishing.

We have better players than Ross County on paper but not on grass that's down to our coaches. 

When a side wins its way up to the SPL they carry a major threat have confidence stability through winning. trusted methods. I thought as last week we beat ourself . Training and fitness will improve Us . New faces gelling n bonding.  

BarneyBattles44
1 hour ago, Morgan said:

Robbo and Rudi, I wholeheartedly agree with you on. :thumbsup:

Craig Levein was (as @Mikey1874 and @Finlay James allude to) was, at worst, a great player and, at best, a Hearts legend.

Whether you are old enough to remember the Bar-Ox etc. or not, is irrelevant as part of a post claiming that you do not think Mr Levein is a club legend.

I refrain from finishing my post with the word ‘FACT’ because, as you well know, this is an opinion based forum so, in that respect, neither of us are right or wrong.

I'm not used to so much in a  typed reply from you. Usual is a emoji or image. Your also good at setting up an tapping an easy one in. Cheers for the great effort. I remember the Bar Ox painted on a  wall would see it when on bus going to Morningside with my Mother. no idea who they were. The Clerry Jungle were on the way out. Time frame of my age group. Means a lot if its knowledge by age that's questioned. I agree CL has a place in the History of Hearts . 

Holyrood_Hearts
15 hours ago, BarneyBattles44 said:

How's Levein a Legend ? Maybe An OK-ish servant. He's not done a graft since He attacked Hogg on the training pitch. Gets paid though

Of course he is. Don’t be so ridiculous. 

14 minutes ago, Henroddy said:
  • so after reading last few pages I can state for certain we MAY or MAY NOT be signing a goalie. FACT!

You ITK the know with that? Or maybe not? 

Holyrood_Hearts

Anyway, back on topic if we’re bringing a new keeper in i’d rather a new manager did it & not Levein. 

3 hours ago, Four faces said:

What if it's true though?Far too much on his plate in my opinion.Stress changes people and can affect you mentally.In this day and age with our knowledge and understanding of mental illness ,how the hell can that be offensive?

I don't think a football forum is an appropriate place for uninformed speculation about anyone's mental health. 

1 hour ago, PB21 said:

You ITK the know with that? Or maybe not? 

well theres a mate of mine whos an Aberdeen and Celtic supporting Hobo. Swears he saw the ghost of Gordon Banks.  A definite sign that we could maybe possibly sign a striker to play in goals

19 minutes ago, Henroddy said:

well theres a mate of mine whos an Aberdeen and Celtic supporting Hobo. Swears he saw the ghost of Gordon Banks.  A definite sign that we could maybe possibly sign a striker to play in goals

All I need to know. I trust. 

8 hours ago, BarneyBattles44 said:

The Legends

Educate me on said . Hearts Onions. Go on. Let's by pass the actual legends .  the legend of Craig levein how romantic. Facts are brutal when you lay them out. I know my Facts when you throw legend into the mix. CL has been shite at management . As a player he nearly made Legend. I'm a Legend then for supporting the club for my whole life. My old Grandad is a Legend . the side 59-60 are legends . the 1914-16 are legends . JJ is a legend . need I go on as I've a lot more. CL is a ledgendary wage thief and bull shitter. Hide n seek champion. Go on spend all day saying things on me as you can't show me the  facts showing the Legend CL. Bragga MDV blueprint LA LA LA.

That is as sad a post as I have read in a while..a disgrace in fact.

As a player pre injury he was the best defender I have seen in a Hearts jersey...without injury he would have left the club for large fee and gone on to show us all just what he could have achieved. A player with pace you needed to see to believe.

He still went on to have a fantastic playing career despite being injured again.

Bazzas right boot
8 hours ago, His name is said:

Read the last 2 pages. Still unclear if we're signing a goalie... 

A legendary one? 

BarneyBattles44
1 hour ago, CJGJ said:

That is as sad a post as I have read in a while..a disgrace in fact.

As a player pre injury he was the best defender I have seen in a Hearts jersey...without injury he would have left the club for large fee and gone on to show us all just what he could have achieved. A player with pace you needed to see to believe.

He still went on to have a fantastic playing career despite being injured again.

The disgrace is on the lips n minds of many. Also effects the Fans. No one was shouting legend status at CL till the happy clappers appeared with ideas for menus and 1980s grins. When i heard of his return post Romanov I thought ****ing draw machine GTF. No one was lording him as a legend. Did you follow his career while reading Roy of the rovers. How about Scotland remember the uproar. As I previously stated I was supporting him regardless of the fact he's a woefull stats record . 

23 minutes ago, BarneyBattles44 said:

The disgrace is on the lips n minds of many. Also effects the Fans. No one was shouting legend status at CL till the happy clappers appeared with ideas for menus and 1980s grins. When i heard of his return post Romanov I thought ****ing draw machine GTF. No one was lording him as a legend. Did you follow his career while reading Roy of the rovers. How about Scotland remember the uproar. As I previously stated I was supporting him regardless of the fact he's a woefull stats record . 

R U Michael Stewart or his rejected little sister? I'm guessing a bile filled Hobo if not

BarneyBattles44
1 minute ago, Zaba said:

😂😂

This place is mental sometimes man.

Its CL to blame paper thin n deteriorating

5 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

Hopefully it's not him because he's utter guff.

Can’t be worse than the two clowns we’ve got, surely !!

2 minutes ago, Hercules said:

Can’t be worse than the two clowns we’ve got, surely !!

Check out his YouTube collection, you may revise that statement!

19 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

Jordan Archer doing the rounds on Twitter.

Released by Millwall.

The English Championships answer to Jack Hamilton.

Just now, Mr Rabbit said:

The English Championships answer to Jack Hamilton.

I'd have Flapjack in the team before Archer haha 

3 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

I'd have Flapjack in the team before Archer haha 

🤣 he’s out of sight out of mind for me. I still wake up in a cold sweat with my memories of Hamilton coming for crosses.

Unlucky for me we have two keepers who are doing their best impression of him at the moment.

On 11/08/2019 at 14:46, BarneyBattles44 said:

The Legends

JJ  played in the infamous 0-7 game on 01/01/1973.

JJ was manager of the side who got drubbed 2-6 at ER.

OK he built a great side in 1998 but then proceeded to waste cash on duds the following season and almost got us relegated.

He is however regarded as a legend because of that one season.

My conclusion is the word legend is the most abused word in the English language.

A_A wehatethehibs

I’d take Archer over Zlamal. Not much of an upgrade but at this point I’d take it. He’s 26 so maybe there’s a bit of time for him, he can mature and develop ever so slightly, dropping down a level to facing SPFL strikers might help him. 1 year deal at best though. Zlamal on the other hand, there’s no room for improvement there he is done at Hearts, his head is not at the races, he needs to go home to Czech Republic

If we sign Archer it's little more than a panic buy . 

Takimg any Shite that happens to be available to replace the utter shite we already have . 

If he is the target , which I'm struggling to believe , it's probably the beginning of the end for Levein. 

20 minutes ago, luckydug said:

JJ  played in the infamous 0-7 game on 01/01/1973.

JJ was manager of the side who got drubbed 2-6 at ER.

OK he built a great side in 1998 but then proceeded to waste cash on duds the following season and almost got us relegated.

He is however regarded as a legend because of that one season.

My conclusion is the word legend is the most abused word in the English language.

Well said 

A_A wehatethehibs
15 minutes ago, ramrod said:

If we sign Archer it's little more than a panic buy . 

Takimg any Shite that happens to be available to replace the utter shite we already have . 

If he is the target , which I'm struggling to believe , it's probably the beginning of the end for Levein. 

IMO, it is time to panic. Our keeper situation is absolutely ****ed.

A_A wehatethehibs

37 year old Ali Al Habsi anyone? 

Heinz Linder is on paper the best semi-realistic free agent available with some years in the tank but guessing he’d be out our price range. Was linked with Dinamo Zagreb. 

If you think there’s a chance of finding a decent free agent goalkeeper in August, you’re going to be watching a lot of career clangers highlights 😂

On 12 August 2019 at 01:28, BarneyBattles44 said:

Its CL to blame paper thin n deteriorating

Why are you polluting this thread with the anti  Craig Levein stuff. There is a thread for that. Do it there and let the rest of us who want to read about a potential signing do that.

• davemclaren changed the title to Joel Pereira Update