Joel Pereira Update

afanderson33

11 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

3 of the 4 mentioned signed by Levein and his scouts.You got another pointless response or are you done?

Not all your responses are pointless. 

Overall it's better to try to improve the squad. 

Edited by Mikey1874

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• soonbe110

• Pasquale for King

• Jambo 4 Ever

25 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

So you wanted to keep the likes of Martin and Vanecek? What is your dream team? Is Grzelak and Godinho your favoured full backs? 

Or are you in such a rage its Levein out or nothing else matters? 

Think your getting the wrong end of the stick here bud

Next summer Craig Gordon will be 37. What we need is a goalkeeper who is going to be around for a bit. I know goalkeepers can play until they are a bit older but I'd prefer somebody either in their prime or up and coming

Friday is our 7th competitive game of the season and we are still not ready this is what really pisses me off. Ross County were prepared for their first league cup game,  won their group at a canter , seeded for the next round, easily won their first league game and were robbed of victory yesterday by bad luck and poor finishing.

We have better players than Ross County on paper but not on grass that's down to our coaches. 

Edited by EIEIO
Spelling

6 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

Friday is our 7th competitive game of the season and we are still not ready this is what really pisses me off. Ross County were prepared for their first league cup game,  won their group at a canter , seeded for the next round, easily won their first league game and were robbed of victory yesterday by bad luck and poor finishing.

We have better players than Ross County on paper but not on grass that's down to our coaches. 

I think we forget also that East Fife, Stenhousemuir etc were also in pre-season mode. It’s just another excuse when we have no room for excuses. 

2 minutes ago, EH17Hertz said:

It's taken till now to realise we need another keeper..... incompetence yet again from our management.

In fairness Bobby has had his moments but is generally ok, however his form has nosedived this season. 

24 minutes ago, bazman said:

Next summer Craig Gordon will be 37. What we need is a goalkeeper who is going to be around for a bit. I know goalkeepers can play until they are a bit older but I'd prefer somebody either in their prime or up and coming

Or perhaps a keeper to come in and steady the defensive line for a season. 

On a tangent, has Craig done coaching badges etc?

15 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

Scary that folk still accept this on the back of 2 poor seasons.

A_A wehatethehibs
3 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

In fairness Bobby has had his moments but is generally ok, however his form has nosedived this season. 

Disagree with this, second rate keeper since day 1. He and Doyle are cheap options that's why they are here. 

I’ve heard quite a few fans over the months say it doesn’t matter who we sign, the problems are behind the scenes. 

I’m sure if we signed a good keeper he’ll bring his own individual qualities but our problems lie elsewhere in respect of mentality, strategy and motivation.

4 hours ago, wheatfield to sheffield said:

Gordon's contact at Celtic lasts until next summer. Get in a loan keeper for this season, sign Gordon on a pre-contract in January?

That was my point mate. Celtic aren’t just going to say aye nae bother we got 25mill for oor Kieran you can have Gordon free and we will pay his wage difference cause you know Scottish football 👍🏻

Lord Beni of Gorgie
26 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

100%

7 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

I’ve heard quite a few fans over the months say it doesn’t matter who we sign, the problems are behind the scenes. 

I’m sure if we signed a good keeper he’ll bring his own individual qualities but our problems lie elsewhere in respect of mentality, strategy and motivation.

How many times did Bobby receive the ball yesterday and just aimlessly launch it back into the oppositions area? Does my nut in.

Good keeper - Souttar-Halkett - Naismith/Another midfielder - Decent striker/possibly Washington. A spine to buld around. Srt em up to attack and not contain. It's not rocket science

Edited by Jamhammer

4 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

How many times did Bobby receive the ball yesterday and just aimlessly launch it back into the oppositions area? Does my nut in.

Good keeper - Souttar-Halkett - Naismith/Another midfielder - Decent striker/possibly Washington. A spine to buld around. Srt em up to attack and not contain. It's not rocket science

I know. He’s got the best view of the park and still launches it to Uche when he’s got 4 white shirts around him.

Tennant's  6's
13 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

our problems lie elsewhere in respect of mentality, strategy and motivation.

Bang on the money there. 

CL has long since lost his fire & brimstone stance on the sidelines.

MacPhee talks a good game, but do his strengths lie in actual coaching ?..

Fox & Daly, forget it.

Changes needed pronto 

35 minutes ago, EH17Hertz said:

It's taken till now to realise we need another keeper..... incompetence yet again from our management.

I don't think you need a keeper.

Marciano's a decent keeper.

50 minutes ago, EH17Hertz said:

Should have been hunting for his replacement the day after he chucked the cup final.

12 hours ago, Jamhammer said:

Beat me to it. Got to be at least half 

Had a wee check on them nicky butt claims the MU boy will be the next no 1 at man u and not to sure on the Chelsea boy but they can both catch crosses so that's got to be a bonus!!

If possible  I'd try to get one of Southampton's keeper McCarthy Forster and Gunn any one would play ever week probably not possible on our budget 

12 hours ago, Jammy cokes said:

Aye like everything levein has done for the last two seasons absolutely

1 hour ago, EH17Hertz said:

FTH

1 hour ago, Jamhammer said:

Yep, he played yesterday like he knew he was on his way out. Couldn’t care less attitude from him and even poorer decision-making than normal. 

1 hour ago, Debut 4 said:

I know. He’s got the best view of the park and still launches it to Uche when he’s got 4 white shirts around him.

It was in the direction of Uche very seldom to Uche. 

2 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

We did. Lennon wanted £500k. Lot of money when we get him on a free in 9 months time. 

:D Wow, guess Lennon had a bit of power and couldn't resist. 

1 hour ago, Jamhammer said:

Does my head in as well but is it not possible that this is the way he has been instructed to play by the coaching staff.

We do seem to have a habit of continually doing the same thing (over an over and over again) expecting a different result.

I am beginning to think that CL is not well, mentally,  and it has been getting steadily worse since he got the job.

2 hours ago, J80MBO said:

Hopefully sorts goalkeeper position out. Just the 10 outfield players now.

To be fair, there’s not a lot wrong with our squad. We’ve got a team of players that are capable of competing.

Our problems lie with management.

2 hours ago, J80MBO said:

Hopefully sorts goalkeeper position out. Just the 10 outfield players now.

Brilliant.

Smith, Souttar, Halkett, White, Hickey, Naismith, Washington, Damouur can all gtf too then.

And Wheln 24 hours after he arrives.

And folk say AB knows nowt about fotball (like99% of football owners).

Edited by DETTY29

26 minutes ago, 7628mm said:

I am beginning to think that CL is not well, mentally,  and it has been getting steadily worse since he got the job.

Horrendous and offensive chat. 

14 hours ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

No more Levein signings thanks

Not even a goalkeeper  ?

He's made some good signings but it's his organisation of the team that is the problem.

Most other managers in the league would love our squad. 

13 hours ago, Jammy cokes said:

Why should he shut up talking sense. 

The same things can only be said so many times.

Just because different words are used, or are perhaps used in a different order, it does not change the context of the subject matter.

I’m sure you’ll understand that.  :thumbsup:

54 minutes ago, 7628mm said:

I am beginning to think that CL is not well, mentally,  

A step too far methinks.

1 hour ago, 7628mm said:

Does my head in as well but is it not possible that this is the way he has been instructed to play by the coaching staff.

We do seem to have a habit of continually doing the same thing (over an over and over again) expecting a different result.

The main problem all over the park is no one getting into space to receive a pass. Too static. 

36 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Not even a goalkeeper  ?

He's made some good signings but it's his organisation of the team that is the problem.

A few people have said on various threads they don't want anything to happen until Levein is gone.

Like you I want a better goalkeeper this week to give us a better chance of winning games. 

Shanks said no
45 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Not even a goalkeeper  ?

I was lashing out, quite restrained given that performance and the amount of drink consumed afterwards.

I just want him gone completely from the club now. I really wanted him to turn things round and even going to the game yesterday was hopeful, sadly I can't see things improving under him now.

I feel the same way as I did near the end of Cathro, I don't want to hear anything he's got to say. Which is really heartbreaking given everything he was as a player for us.

Edited by The Frenchman Returns

55 minutes ago, HoGwash said:

Horrendous and offensive chat. 

What if it's true though?Far too much on his plate in my opinion.Stress changes people and can affect you mentally.In this day and age with our knowledge and understanding of mental illness ,how the hell can that be offensive?

BarneyBattles44
4 hours ago, Finlay James said:

Showing your age if you don't know why Craig Levein is a Hearts legend.  I could spend all day telling you why he has legendary status.

Also, he didn't attack Hogg on the training pitch, it was during a friendly at Starks Park.

Why not show me the stats make him a Legend. You may find hes mediocre at best. His stats are garbage. For some reason he gets kudos because his career ended early.  Also in the most part that match was like a pre season  training session . that long ago to be honest . CL is no Legend . Fact. 

33 minutes ago, Morgan said:

A step too far methinks.

Oh really?.Is that because you think that having a mental illness means your a basket case/Or maybe you should understand that stress may impact decision making and can temporarily affect a person's performance generally in everyday life.

6 minutes ago, Four faces said:

Oh really?.Is that because you think that having a mental illness means your a basket case/Or maybe you should understand that stress may impact decision making and can temporarily affect a person's performance generally in everyday life.

Oh, I understand all that, and I completely agree with you.

I responded as I did because I took it that the original comment was not quite as factual as the one you have posted here. In other, more basic terms, I think it was a derogatory post with an underlying dig at Mr Levein.

I do understand what stress is and what it can do to ones mind.

11 minutes ago, BarneyBattles44 said:

Why not show me the stats make him a Legend. You may find hes mediocre at best. His stats are garbage. For some reason he gets kudos because his career ended early.  Also in the most part that match was like a pre season  training session . that long ago to be honest . CL  is no Legend. Fact.

If you don’t think that Craig Levein is a Hearts legend, then you don’t know your Hearts onions I’m afraid.

Finlay James
25 minutes ago, BarneyBattles44 said:

Why not show me the stats make him a Legend. You may find hes mediocre at best. His stats are garbage. For some reason he gets kudos because his career ended early.  Also in the most part that match was like a pre season  training session . that long ago to be honest . CL is no Legend . Fact. 

To you maybe but you'll be very lonely with that opinîon

27 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Oh, I understand all that, and I completely agree with you.

I responded as I did because I took it that the original comment was not quite as factual as the one you have posted here. In other, more basic terms, I think it was a derogatory post with an underlying dig at Mr Levein.

I do understand what stress is and what it can do to ones mind.

Sound.

BarneyBattles44
5 minutes ago, BarneyBattles44 said:

4 minutes ago, Finlay James said:

To you maybe but you'll be very lonely with that opinîon

Facts . Where's the proof you claim you would spend all day showing me the Legend. It's not my fault he's a bridesmaid is it. I'll offer you the first of my True Legends. Robbo . 1 SC one of CL team mates . the nearly Legends. Ive plenty more . Ruddi 2 SC. Both played in exciting Hearts sides. I could n probably will go on all day seeing as you got me started. I'm old enough to remember . the Bar Ox n the Clerry jungle.

2 minutes ago, BarneyBattles44 said:

Facts . Where's the proof you claim you would spend all day showing me the Legend. It's not my fault he's a bridesmaid is it. I'll offer you the first of my True Legends. Robbo . 1 SC one of CL team mates . the nearly Legends. Ive plenty more . Ruddi 2 SC. Both played in exciting Hearts sides. I could n probably will go on all day seeing as you got me started. I'm old enough to remember . the Bar Ox n the Clerry jungle.

Strange it you saw Craig Levein play not to consider him as at the very least a great player.

I'm okay to limit the term 'legend' to very few. The 1914 team and manager, the 50s side. In that higher standard John Robertson isn't a legend either. 

5 minutes ago, BarneyBattles44 said:

Robbo and Rudi, I wholeheartedly agree with you on. :thumbsup:

Craig Levein was (as @Mikey1874 and @Finlay James allude to) was, at worst, a great player and, at best, a Hearts legend.

Whether you are old enough to remember the Bar-Ox etc. or not, is irrelevant as part of a post claiming that you do not think Mr Levein is a club legend.

I refrain from finishing my post with the word ‘FACT’ because, as you well know, this is an opinion based forum so, in that respect, neither of us are right or wrong.

BarneyBattles44

The Legends

32 minutes ago, Morgan said:

If you don’t think that Craig Levein is a Hearts legend, then you don’t know your Hearts onions I’m afraid.

I appreciate your contribution.

Educate me on said . Hearts Onions. Go on. Let's by pass the actual legends .  the legend of Craig levein how romantic. Facts are brutal when you lay them out. I know my Facts when you throw legend into the mix. CL has been shite at management . As a player he nearly made Legend. I'm a Legend then for supporting the club for my whole life. My old Grandad is a Legend . the side 59-60 are legends . the 1914-16 are legends . JJ is a legend . need I go on as I've a lot more. CL is a ledgendary wage thief and bull shitter. Hide n seek champion. Go on spend all day saying things on me as you can't show me the  facts showing the Legend CL. Bragga MDV blueprint LA LA LA.

• davemclaren changed the title to Joel Pereira Update