Joel Pereira Update

afanderson33

Pereira at Man United is probably good. 23 years old and is still there. 

Rated Bachmann last season at Killie and assume he will be available as he is unlikely to get a look-in at Watford.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• soonbe110

• Pasquale for King

• Jambo 4 Ever

57 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

So is this the keeper Levein said a couple of weeks ago that we didnt need?

Sorry, but I'm struggling to keep us with his incompetence now.

Surely he will resign on Monday.

I doubt he will resign on Monday but there is no doubt he has a VERY important couple of games coming up. Should we lose to Motherwell and Celtic I'd suggest his position as Head Coach is close to untenable.

Personally, I'd like him to move back to the DoF role and let someone with fresh ideas take over as HC

12 minutes ago, Musemic said:

I doubt he will resign on Monday but there is no doubt he has a VERY important couple of games coming up. Should we lose to Motherwell and Celtic I'd suggest his position as Head Coach is close to untenable.

Personally, I'd like him to move back to the DoF role and let someone with fresh ideas take over as HC

I feel like we've hamstrung ourselves. Its his ideas implemented by him at first team level. Thats the same eyebleeding football we've been subjected to for the last 3 years. I don't understand this hoffball drivel..

The kids surely aren't being taught to keep the ball in the air, so why are these so called 'principles of play' being completely ignored at first team level? You can't have U21, U18, U17s and so forth being taught a passing game and then when they make the step up suddenly its ****ing rugby. I understand there is a difference between the reality and the ideal but FFS there doesn't appear to be any attempt to construct any sort of style which the youngsters can relate to. 

In theory there shouldn't be a better guy to implement Leveins view of football than Levein but this isn't entertainment or adhering to any sort of philosophy, christ even the king of hoofball Big Sam at least goes out to win games, we don't even seem to be bringing that side of this more practical view of football Levein seems to have at first team level. 

He needs removed from first team level. We need someone in who can review how the academy models its way of playing and can reflect what is being played at youth level into the first team. 

What is being served up at Tynecastle is not entertainment, it already wasn't value for money, but we could at least justify it to ourselves. This is well beyond that now. 

I love Levein as a Hearts legend, but we need change. He'll have my eternal gratitude in helping pick the club up from the dirt Vlad left it in and rebuilding things, but he needs to get back upstairs, he's not got it anymore.  

BarneyBattles44
3 minutes ago, OTT said:

I feel like we've hamstrung ourselves. Its his ideas implemented by him at first team level. Thats the same eyebleeding football we've been subjected to for the last 3 years. I don't understand this hoffball drivel..

The kids surely aren't being taught to keep the ball in the air, so why are these so called 'principles of play' being completely ignored at first team level? You can't have U21, U18, U17s and so forth being taught a passing game and then when they make the step up suddenly its ****ing rugby. I understand there is a difference between the reality and the ideal but FFS there doesn't appear to be any attempt to construct any sort of style which the youngsters can relate to. 

In theory there shouldn't be a better guy to implement Leveins view of football than Levein but this isn't entertainment or adhering to any sort of philosophy, christ even the king of hoofball Big Sam at least goes out to win games, we don't even seem to be bringing that side of this more practical view of football Levein seems to have at first team level. 

He needs removed from first team level. We need someone in who can review how the academy models its way of playing and can reflect what is being played at youth level into the first team. 

What is being served up at Tynecastle is not entertainment, it already wasn't value for money, but we could at least justify it to ourselves. This is well beyond that now. 

I love Levein as a Hearts legend, but we need change. He'll have my eternal gratitude in helping pick the club up from the dirt Vlad left it in and rebuilding things, but he needs to get back upstairs, he's not got it anymore.  

How's Levein a Legend ? Maybe An OK-ish servant. He's not done a graft since He attacked Hogg on the training pitch. Gets paid though

4 minutes ago, BarneyBattles44 said:

How's Levein a Legend ? Maybe An OK-ish servant. He's not done a graft since He attacked Hogg on the training pitch. Gets paid though

What a load of sh*te

1 minute ago, BarneyBattles44 said:

He's been involved with the club in a managerial capacity for 9 years, played over 300 games for us, rebuild our youth system from the ground up and helped put together a team which got us out the championship the first time of asking despite the opposition. I think you'd struggle to find many guys who have given that much to the club.

I'm as frustrated as you with the current situation, he needs to step down now and let someone who has the fire for management takeover.

BarneyBattles44
1 minute ago, OTT said:

He's been involved with the club in a managerial capacity for 9 years, played over 300 games for us, rebuild our youth system from the ground up and helped put together a team which got us out the championship the first time of asking despite the opposition. I think you'd struggle to find many guys who have given that much to the club.

I'm as frustrated as you with the current situation, he needs to step down now and let someone who has the fire for management takeover.

Yeah OK. Short memories.Levein is behind a lot of good but its the staff implement the ideology. Is this the same CL no one could get a word out of ? . hide n seek champion. I understand history n plenty people are Legends. CL hasn't yet earned that level of acclaim . 

4 hours ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

18 years old? Surely not.

Been some very good young EPL keepers came up here in recent years

2 hours ago, <<1874>> said:

Your wasting your time with that one mate

I think your teacher(s) wasted his/her/their time as well.

5 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

We should attempt to get Craig Gordon 

Are you going to pay the transfer fee? 

wheatfield to sheffield
3 hours ago, Natural Orders said:

We should attempt to get Craig Gordon 

3 hours ago, sadj said:

Are you going to pay the transfer fee? 

Gordon's contact at Celtic lasts until next summer. Get in a loan keeper for this season, sign Gordon on a pre-contract in January?

Seymour M Hersh
8 hours ago, Jamhammer said:

Beat me to it. Got to be at least half decent surely? 

Like M Stewart had to be half decent surely because he played for manure?  If this is true then it's desperation by the manager and surely he's seen enough over the last season to know both our goalies are barely adequate. We used to almost always have very good goalkeepers on the books. Oh and if one of them is only 18 we'd be as well to throw Harry Stone into the mix. 

6 hours ago, Musemic said:

Is loosing to Celtic not expected most of time due to the massive gulf in wages? And if we win both games does that mean everything’s fine? Honestly these ultimatums are pathetic.

i personally think the squad is better now than it was last year, but you need to give the team layers 10-15 games to gel. 

CL obviously sees the value in seeing what’s left after the English window closes. Yes, short term that means you have players coming in in week 2/3 of our season, but if you sign them on 2-4 year deals the benefits should be seen longer term. The alternative is going for possibly poorer players early and start with a few more wins, but realistically you end up with an inferior squad. 

Personal as if I’m recruiting at work I’d happily wait a month extra for the ‘Star’ candidate rather than getting the one with the shortest notice period. This might cause short term issues but long term you end up with a better employee.

Last thing, If we get a new manager and they don’t win all the games against the old firm should they be sacked as well? 

TyphoonJambo
11 hours ago, Haken said:

Extending Doyle, getting a keeper on a years loan, suggests we might be waiting a year for a new first choice.  Or am I just putting two and two together and getting five?

Agreed. I think yesterday was Bobby's last chance before the loan decision was finalised, with Gordon shaken hands on rejoining January or next season. 

9 hours ago, DalryJambo said:

Honestly, are people so simple that they actually believe everything a manager says  and takes it’s as gospel? He might think two or three players in the squad are hopeless but can’t say that publicly as it will not only affect that player, but will cause issues across the squad.

Once you have new ( hopefully better) players in the squad you can then move the duds on. Much better way of doing it. 

Are people so simple that they believe the manager actually has a plan? Levein 100% wanted to go through the season with Clare and Haring in the middle. Going by the formation yesterday his plan has been to play Naismith as a winger as well 🙈. The man is clueless and the sooner people start to see this the better. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Bozo and Coco eh. You need to take your goalkeepers seriously and we haven't. 

If we loan an 18 year old we still aren't 

7 hours ago, BarneyBattles44 said:

What a load of rubbish this is.  Are you trying to compete with Zlamal for clown of the weekend?

Edited by WageThief

Finlay James
7 hours ago, BarneyBattles44 said:

Showing your age if you don't know why Craig Levein is a Hearts legend.  I could spend all day telling you why he has legendary status.

Also, he didn't attack Hogg on the training pitch, it was during a friendly at Starks Park.

letsalldothebeattie
9 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

Pereira is 23 with two quality keepers ahead of him.

Perhaps there's a chance it could go permanent or be an 18 month loan deal :thumbsup:

I would say 3 quality keepers in front of him Dean Henderson is real quality and very likely to be no.1 after De Gea

15 hours ago, OTT said:

Other options, Freddie Woodman - Solid at Killie and the dons, Daniel Bachman, solid at Killie

Whoever we go for will be an improvement on the current circus act. 

We did. Lennon wanted £500k. Lot of money when we get him on a free in 9 months time. 

12 hours ago, Gambo said:

Heard this today also, Zlamal away.

Aye "away with the faeries" ... nightmare of a keeper on yesterdays evidence. Brilliant news if true

1 hour ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Like M Stewart had to be half decent surely because he played for manure?  If this is true then it's desperation by the manager and surely he's seen enough over the last season to know both our goalies are barely adequate. We used to almost always have very good goalkeepers on the books. Oh and if one of them is only 18 we'd be as well to throw Harry Stone into the mix. 

Hard to know what you mean. You favour keeping Zlamal? We are linked to a 23 year old Man Utd keeper who seems a decent option as an improvement to team. 

12 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

The transfer market is complicated. End of English transfer window opens up possibilities. 

Totally agree 

Hopefully the Man Utd goalkeeper is Grant. We really can’t afford to go for a young inexperienced goalkeeper as first choice. If he struggles we could be in big trouble 

56 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Are people so simple that they believe the manager actually has a plan? Levein 100% wanted to go through the season with Clare and Haring in the middle. Going by the formation yesterday his plan has been to play Naismith as a winger as well 🙈. The man is clueless and the sooner people start to see this the better. 

I think there will be a strategy (the ‘5 year plan) and this year the management team will have identified the areas to be improved if suitable replacements could be found, but the nature of the transfer window is such that sometimes players become available in areas that you’re strong but are much better than you have. Do you go for it or not? I would, but then it might look like you’re just signing random players.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
13 hours ago, afanderson33 said:

Seems to be conflicting reports but it's either a keeper from Man Utd or Chelsea from the rumours that seem to be going around

Well that will solve all our problems

CloustonHMFC

We wanted Gordon, Celtic said no. We said we’ll wait until next season but it’s become apparent that we need someone now, hence the talk of a loan. 

Leveins Battalion

Levein philosophy-

Sign a keeper hes shite replace him.

Sign a left back hes shite replace him

Sign Vanecek tell everybody hes a proper striker they publicly kill the boy replace him.

We are quick enough at replacing the shite players but when it comes to his own performance hes not so quick to pull the trigger.

Craig Levein is abusing his position of power at Heart of Midlothian and it is very sad to see the club in this position. 

Ironically the FOH core values are that no one person should be allowed to run Hearts ever again,we are already being run by one man.

2 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

I don't know the first thing about the boy. That's why I asked the question. Thanks for the informative response. Still none the wiser.

3 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Levein philosophy-

Sign Vanecek tell everybody hes a proper striker they publicly kill the boy replace him.

We are quick enough at replacing the shite players but when it comes to his own performance hes not so quick to pull the trigger.

Craig Levein is abusing his position of power at Heart of Midlothian and it is very sad to see the club in this position. 

Ironically the FOH core values are that no one person should be allowed to run Hearts ever again,we are already being run by one man.

Have you considered a username change?

Seymour M Hersh
23 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Hard to know what you mean. You favour keeping Zlamal? We are linked to a 23 year old Man Utd keeper who seems a decent option as an improvement to team. 

Where do I say that I favour keeping Bobby as No1? My point is quite simple just because he's at a big EPL club doesn't guarantee he's good. Stewart was my example. 

7 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Levein philosophy-

That last part really hammers it home 

4 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Levein philosophy-

So you wanted to keep the likes of Martin and Vanecek? What is your dream team? Is Grzelak and Godinho your favoured full backs? 

Or are you in such a rage its Levein out or nothing else matters? 

Seymour M Hersh
6 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

I don't know the first thing about the boy. That's why I asked the question. Thanks for the informative response. Still none the wiser.

Nobody does and as I said to another poster just because he's at Manure doesn't make him good. I wasn't trying to give you a definitive scouting report on the boy just a buyer beware comment. He might be brilliant for all I know. 

3 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Where do I say that I favour keeping Bobby as No1? My point is quite simple just because he's at a big EPL club doesn't guarantee he's good. Stewart was my example. 

Well that is clear then, thanks. If we don't sign a keeper Bobby is No 1. 

Edited by Mikey1874

All roads lead to Gorgie
3 hours ago, pointon said:

Can we get a manager on loan ?

:)

Or can we loan one out to hibs say.

The prospect of Gordon coming back doesn't fill me with much comfort/joy. No way will he get away with rushing out and kneeing opposition forwards at Hearts. 

Just now, Seymour M Hersh said:

Nobody does and as I said to another poster just because he's at Manure doesn't make him good. I wasn't trying to give you a definitive scouting report on the boy just a buyer beware comment. He might be brilliant for all I know. 

And the question was aimed at someone who knew. Someone must know. Someone must have seen him play. Man Utd have a couple of fans who live in Manchester. Surely a KB member knows one of them.

If he's with Man United or Chelsea, currently not formerly you would think he'd be better than what we have no?

1 minute ago, neilnunb said:

The prospect of Gordon coming back doesn't fill me with much comfort/joy. No way will he get away with rushing out and kneeing opposition forwards at Hearts. 

Craig Gordon with his arms chopped off would be an improvement on zemal

Leveins Battalion
5 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

So you wanted to keep the likes of Martin and Vanecek? What is your dream team? Is Grzelak and Godinho your favoured full backs? 

Or are you in such a rage its Levein out or nothing else matters? 

3 of the 4 mentioned signed by Levein and his scouts.You got another pointless response or are you done?

1 minute ago, Russ1977 said:

Craig Gordon with his arms chopped off would be an improvement on zemal

😁 very true but I still wouldn't be that excited.

Mind you, I thought we should have taken a punt on Kelly. 

Seymour M Hersh
1 minute ago, Jamhammer said:

And the question was aimed at someone who knew. Someone must know. Someone must have seen him play. Man Utd have a couple of fans who live in Manchester. Surely a KB member knows one of them.

If he's with Man United or Chelsea, currently not formerly you would think he'd be better than what we have no?

:laugh:

As for you would think he'd be better than what we have maybes aye maybes naw.  However I'll bet there are some pretty decent goalies floating about the lower reaches of the championship and League 1 in England worth a look at. 

1 minute ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

:laugh:

As for you would think he'd be better than what we have maybes aye maybes naw.  However I'll bet there are some pretty decent goalies floating about the lower reaches of the championship and League 1 in England worth a look at. 

Mate as long as we do something I'd be happy. Neither keeper currently fit for purpose and, with the next couple of games coming up they're gonna be busy

• davemclaren changed the title to Joel Pereira Update