Joel Pereira Update

afanderson33

Hectormasson
52 minutes ago, OTT said:

Its shockingly poor planning on Leveins part. 

I'm not trying to bash the guy but I'm honestly at the end of my tether with him. Football management is cold and theres little room for sentiment, he should have binned Bobby after the final. His performances last season were poor, and its down to Doyle being so unreliable too that he managed to retain his place. GK is a key position and you need to make sure there is understanding between the backline and GK.

To have allowed the season to start without getting his man in is bad management IMO

Ridiculous to say the least "levein has to leave for the sake of all hearts fans...

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• soonbe110

• Pasquale for King

• Jambo 4 Ever

The Internet
4 minutes ago, Phage said:

Karlo Ziger from Chelsea at the match today with his agent.

18 years old? Surely not.

7 minutes ago, Phage said:

Karlo Ziger from Chelsea at the match today with his agent.

Well after that he will be on the first flight back to London.

Jambof3tornado
16 minutes ago, PB21 said:

Ah right, was reading it he was with Belgian club, was from January until end of Belgian season.

Aye. I misread it too then realised he was back.

23 year old. Could be a huge chance for him.

4 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Aye. I misread it too then realised he was back.

23 year old. Could be a huge chance for him.

He has a contract until end season 2021 so clearly they want him to get actual games. As looking at other loans he hasn’t played much. 

He’s played for first team in fairness to the lad 

Who_put_the_ball_in...
1 hour ago, MaskedMarauder said:

Nope, young Portuguese GK. 

Even if he’s a right back I’m pretty sure CL would play him in goals.

1 hour ago, Jodami said:

This rumour seems to have been circulating for the last 2 or 3 days. Not surprised due to the lack of quality in this position but what is going on at the club when we are bringing in a loan keeper several games into the season. It looks shambolic.

It is shambolic. Well maybe shambolic is not the right word. What it is, is failure. Failure after failure after failure.  

Just now, hearts00 said:

It is shambolic. Well maybe shambolic is not the right word. What it is, is failure. Failure after failure after failure.  

Hard to disagree. What needs to be also borne in mind is Zlamal is contracted till the end of next season. Is it possible to get rid of him to a European team or does he just stay on the payroll. 

What is absolutely certain is the biggest difference between Levein now and his first spell is how vulnerable we look at the back. Defensive solidity has been the hallmark of his most effective teams but we look like we can concede at any time. 

1 hour ago, David Sharp said:

In fact I don't care any more about signings until CL has gone from the club completely together with the entire senior coaching staff.

Oh, do shut up.

1 hour ago, AW1 said:

Zlamal would be an OKish number 2. We need a much better goalie in though. Hopefully these aren't just whispers and we really are in the market for a new no. 1 

That's what he has been all of his career until he came to us.

32 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Will be a probable bomb scare

That's the spirit. Why would Manchester Utd have a decent keeper eh?

If we are trying to convince players to sign for us surely we are not actually inviting them to watch us 😂 Lets hope Whelan wasn't there

18 minutes ago, Castle rock said:

Does anyone know anything about the Chelsea or MU keepers any good?

Beat me to it. Got to be at least half decent surely? 

letsalldothebeattie

If it’s a Man Utd keeper it’s most likely to be Joel Pereira who is a very talented keeper and someone I’d be more than happy to see take the no.1 shirt for the season ahead 

2 hours ago, Jodami said:

This rumour seems to have been circulating for the last 2 or 3 days. Not surprised due to the lack of quality in this position but what is going on at the club when we are bringing in a loan keeper several games into the season. It looks shambolic.

2 hours ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Again the lack of planning is clear to see. 

Scraping about for a centre mid 2 games into the season and now a goalkeeper. 

Blatantly obvious this should have been addressed at the start of summer. 

Too busy fannying about with daft orchestras 

How many signings do you, enlightened thinkers, believe Celtic will make between now and the close of the window?

Just now, Mr Elwood P said:

How many signings do you, enlightened thinkers, believe Celtic will make between now and the close of the window?

What an entirely relevant question. Comparing us with a team with upwards of £40m in the bank who have scored 12 goals in their first 2 league games. Yes, I can see the logic in conflating both our situations. 

Just now, Jodami said:

What an entirely relevant question. Comparing us with a team with upwards of £40m in the bank who have scored 12 goals in their first 2 league games. Yes, I can see the logic in conflating both our situations. 

Think about it, all will become clear.

3 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Think about it, all will become clear.

I wouldn't spend a moment considering any of your posts, they are the same predicable nonsense ad infinitum. 

rudi must stay

The Chelsea lad is a very interesting shout. Looks a strong and determined lad, Chelsea website gives him a very good write up

As Bachmann, Woodman etc has shown this is a good road for Scottish clubs to go down

2 hours ago, OTT said:

Its shockingly poor planning on Leveins part. 

I'm not trying to bash the guy but I'm honestly at the end of my tether with him. Football management is cold and theres little room for sentiment, he should have binned Bobby after the final. His performances last season were poor, and its down to Doyle being so unreliable too that he managed to retain his place. GK is a key position and you need to make sure there is understanding between the backline and GK.

To have allowed the season to start without getting his man in is bad management IMO

How do you know he hasn’t been looking for a new keeper all summer? Out of all the players on your team you can’t come out and say publicly that’s your goalies are sh!t. As soon as you do that you’re in a bad place.

It’s probably quite difficult finding top quality keepers for the wages we pay.

Maybe they almost had a few over the live, or Gordon who knows??? 

August Landmesser
2 hours ago, Jodami said:

Aye. Better to get everyone signed up before the season starts, and then sit around twiddling our thumbs for the remaining 5 weeks of the transfer window. No matter what happens.

25 minutes ago, Jodami said:

I wouldn't spend a moment considering any of your posts, they are the same predicable nonsense ad infinitum. 

Are they? What do I repeat?

2 hours ago, busby1985 said:

Let’s look at it for what it is. Levein said a month ago we didn’t need midfielders, he was happy with what he had. A few days later the injury to Haring is worse than anticipated so we suggest we may start looking. Pre Stenhousemuir Levein tells the press he wants to play 442 with Clare and Bozanic in the middle. It’s a shambles and we start the search for midfielders. Start of the window Levein says we don’t need a keeper. Two games in and, even tho every sensible fan could see bobby was awful, Levein is now only seeing the need for a keeper. I won’t be surprised to see a right back come in as cover for Smith even tho Levein thinks we don’t need it. Pre season has been a total shambles. How long does he get away with this? I’ve said it before and I will say it again, Levein is now at war with the fans and is deliberately antagonising them, just like he did towards the end of his disastrous Scotland career. 

I don’t think buying players is as simple as walking into Tesco and buying a pint of milk. You need to find players that are available for free, that we can afford wages wise, that don’t have a better offer, that want to play for us and that are better quality than what have.

All of this whilst most players agents will be playing clubs off against each other to try to get the biggest pay day possible for the player (and himself).

2 hours ago, busby1985 said:

Don’t disagree.

My point is more Levein says one thing, something that normally goes against what everyone is screaming out for, like a midfielder. Fans talk all close season about needing a stronger midfield, Levein says he doesn’t need any midfielders. End of last year all the fans where crying out for a keeper, start of the window Levein says he’s not looking for one. Now two games in and we are scrambling to fill both positions. 

Honestly, are people so simple that they actually believe everything a manager says  and takes it’s as gospel? He might think two or three players in the squad are hopeless but can’t say that publicly as it will not only affect that player, but will cause issues across the squad.

Once you have new ( hopefully better) players in the squad you can then move the duds on. Much better way of doing it. 

2 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

The transfer market is complicated. End of English transfer window opens up possibilities. 

Who would have thunk it?

Plenty on here, not, it would seem.

WheatfieldWarrior
53 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

11, one for each finger.

So is this the keeper Levein said a couple of weeks ago that we didnt need?

Sorry, but I'm struggling to keep us with his incompetence now.

Surely he will resign on Monday.

8 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Got a link? I missed that interview.

2 hours ago, Haken said:

Extending Doyle, getting a keeper on a years loan, suggests we might be waiting a year for a new first choice.  Or am I just putting two and two together and getting five?

Indeed , imagine applying common sense , Gordons contract ends next year. Two average keepers is a bad thing one good one back up works better. Perreria?? Is supposed to be a good prospect. Doyle as back up with his family life more settled is fine i think. 

1 hour ago, Morgan said:

Oh, do shut up.

👍🏻

1 hour ago, Uncle Buck said:

Zlamal is ****ing shite. I think he’s worse than last season.

He wants back to Czech with his family as far as Iv been told. He’s def not mentally at the races just now. Can’t see that improving with the issues he’s having. Made a great save but his brain farts today were ridiculous.

1 hour ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

If it’s a Man Utd keeper it’s most likely to be Joel Pereira who is a very talented keeper and someone I’d be more than happy to see take the no.1 shirt for the season ahead 

Indeed , likewise

rudi must stay

Pereira is 23 with two quality keepers ahead of him.

Perhaps there's a chance it could go permanent or be an 18 month loan deal :thumbsup:

12 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Doug how many times do people need it explained to them that you don’t come out and say things like yes we want a new keeper ours are letting us down? You also try not to admit to interest in players unless you are nearly there or theres no hiding it. We are in a market shared by League One in England and Aberdeen , Hibs etc why would you want to highlight to people someone is available or you are after them if you can avoid it.

2 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

God knows but I see this place has been the usual insanity this evening , glad i’ve been out. Even read we shouldn’t of signed Damour or Naismith 🤷🏻‍♂️

Disgraceful performance after about 20mins we just looked like we’d never met each other before. Thought White looked good , Damour composed , Clare better beside him. Washington had good movement also but Ross County should of won that 4/5-0 Berra and Zlamal do not work well together thats three **** ups in three games at top level they’ve had together , today , Aberdeen and the cup final. 🤯

Tom Hardy’s Dug

I actually hope that we do what they have done in the EPL and shorten our window so that it ends before the first league game. It’s open far too long and in reality doesn’t do anyone much good.

10 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

All I remember is that it was on the BBC Scottish Sport site 2 or 3 weeks ago.  I'm sure others can find the link

27 minutes ago, DalryJambo said:

Honestly, are people so simple that they actually believe everything a manager says  and takes it’s as gospel? He might think two or three players in the squad are hopeless but can’t say that publicly as it will not only affect that player, but will cause issues across the squad.

Once you have new ( hopefully better) players in the squad you can then move the duds on. Much better way of doing it. 

Clearly a poster with a brain 👍🏻 There is a lot of politics internally aswell at clubs but why bother leave the lunatics to just be lunatics. At least they have a passion for the club thats at least a positive

4 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

I actually hope that we do what they have done in the EPL and shorten our window so that it ends before the first league game. It’s open far too long and in reality doesn’t do anyone much good.

We benefitted last year with Dunne and if we can get Whelan in then may benefit from it this year but in general having them close at different times is pointless and just leaves people scrapping around waiting for people to not get better offers before they commit. Its ok down south where there is money to spend but up here with our profile and lack of money , chances of trophies outside the OF etc its far more difficult

• davemclaren changed the title to Joel Pereira Update