Joel Pereira Update

afanderson33

afanderson33

Seems to be conflicting reports but it's either a keeper from Man Utd or Chelsea from the rumours that seem to be going around

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• soonbe110

• Pasquale for King

• Jambo 4 Ever

This rumour seems to have been circulating for the last 2 or 3 days. Not surprised due to the lack of quality in this position but what is going on at the club when we are bringing in a loan keeper several games into the season. It looks shambolic.

Gordon Ramsay
Just now, Jodami said:

This rumour seems to have been circulating for the last 2 or 3 days. Not surprised due to the lack of quality in this position but what is going on at the club when we are bringing in a loan keeper several games into the season. It looks shambolic.

Again the lack of planning is clear to see. 

Scraping about for a centre mid 2 games into the season and now a goalkeeper. 

Blatantly obvious this should have been addressed at the start of summer. 

Too busy fannying about with daft orchestras 

Just now, Jodami said:

Its shockingly poor planning on Leveins part. 

I'm not trying to bash the guy but I'm honestly at the end of my tether with him. Football management is cold and theres little room for sentiment, he should have binned Bobby after the final. His performances last season were poor, and its down to Doyle being so unreliable too that he managed to retain his place. GK is a key position and you need to make sure there is understanding between the backline and GK.

To have allowed the season to start without getting his man in is bad management IMO

Let’s look at it for what it is. Levein said a month ago we didn’t need midfielders, he was happy with what he had. A few days later the injury to Haring is worse than anticipated so we suggest we may start looking. Pre Stenhousemuir Levein tells the press he wants to play 442 with Clare and Bozanic in the middle. It’s a shambles and we start the search for midfielders. Start of the window Levein says we don’t need a keeper. Two games in and, even tho every sensible fan could see bobby was awful, Levein is now only seeing the need for a keeper. I won’t be surprised to see a right back come in as cover for Smith even tho Levein thinks we don’t need it. Pre season has been a total shambles. How long does he get away with this? I’ve said it before and I will say it again, Levein is now at war with the fans and is deliberately antagonising them, just like he did towards the end of his disastrous Scotland career. 

Zlamal would be an OKish number 2. We need a much better goalie in though. Hopefully these aren't just whispers and we really are in the market for a new no. 1 

4 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

A good keeper, if he is one makes a big difference. 

I agree, it does make a big difference. It's a position that needs to work in partnership with the whole defence though, that takes time. Also, I don't see the value in a loan for a season when the player will return to their home club. In many ways McLaughlin was like a loan in the respect that it was a one season deal. We haven't recovered from losing him, although I completely understand why we did. 

2 minutes ago, Le Chat said:

Good. Zlamal is useless. 

So why did we give Doyle a contract extension. Is Pereira not on loan to a Belgian club?

2 minutes ago, AW1 said:

Zlamal would be an OKish number 2. We need a much better goalie in though. Hopefully these aren't just whispers and we really are in the market for a new no. 1 

Which is pretty much what he has been in most of career a number 2

13 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

I did wonder if unconsciously or otherwise Bobby was affected by this today. 

Couldn't have been any worse if he was unconscious 

14 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

I did wonder if unconsciously or otherwise Bobby was affected by this today. 

Perhaps. But what's his excuse in every other game?

1 minute ago, vegas-voss said:

Which is pretty much what he has been in most of career a number 2

Yep and we can see why now for ourselves. No doubt there will be a tweet tomorrow announcing his new 4 year deal 🙄

Just now, David Sharp said:

Get Woodman.

In fact I don't care any more about signings until CL has gone from the club completely together with the entire senior coaching staff.

13 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Let’s look at it for what it is. Levein said a month ago we didn’t need midfielders, he was happy with what he had. A few days later the injury to Haring is worse than anticipated so we suggest we may start looking. Pre Stenhousemuir Levein tells the press he wants to play 442 with Clare and Bozanic in the middle. It’s a shambles and we start the search for midfielders. Start of the window Levein says we don’t need a keeper. Two games in and, even tho every sensible fan could see bobby was awful, Levein is now only seeing the need for a keeper. I won’t be surprised to see a right back come in as cover for Smith even tho Levein thinks we don’t need it. Pre season has been a total shambles. How long does he get away with this? I’ve said it before and I will say it again, Levein is now at war with the fans and is deliberately antagonising them, just like he did towards the end of his disastrous Scotland career. 

By signing better players?

1 minute ago, David Sharp said:

In fact I don't care any more about signings until CL has gone from the club completely together with the entire senior coaching staff.

I'm with you on this. We have a better squad than last season and are actually worse. Levein, Daly and Macphee need to go and someone competent brought in to make the most of this talented group of players, preferably before the transfer window closes.

4 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Or save penalties 

He practically gifted Ross County an open goal and luckily they  missed somehow. All the boy had to do was roll it in 

Saw on another thread that was a Chelsea keeper on loan, I thought it was going to be michael McGovern from Norwich with the Northern Ireland connection 

Leveins Battalion

2 games into the season we are scampering around trying to sign a goalie when we all knew last season that our goalies were shite.Levein has lost the plot,hes finished in the game.

Just now, Leveins Battalion said:

2 games into the season we are scampering around trying to sign a goalie when we all knew last season that our goalies were shite.Levein has lost the plot,hes finished in the game.

Maybe the club loaning him decided when he would be released.

And we have waited for better quality. 

Edited by Mikey1874

Central Belt 1874
21 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Do you not think Ann Budge has a say in transfers to a certain extent? Like the finance available to bring in players in certain positions?

It isint all Leveins fault, theres more going on than just Levein being useless tactically or that he dosent know what positions need fixed.

Extending Doyle, getting a keeper on a years loan, suggests we might be waiting a year for a new first choice.  Or am I just putting two and two together and getting five?

1 minute ago, Central Belt 1874 said:

Do you not think Ann Budge has a say in transfers to a certain extent? Like the finance available to bring in players in certain positions?

It isint all Leveins fault, theres more going on than just Levein being useless tactically or that he dosent know what positions need fixed.

FFS

1 minute ago, Central Belt 1874 said:

Don’t disagree.

My point is more Levein says one thing, something that normally goes against what everyone is screaming out for, like a midfielder. Fans talk all close season about needing a stronger midfield, Levein says he doesn’t need any midfielders. End of last year all the fans where crying out for a keeper, start of the window Levein says he’s not looking for one. Now two games in and we are scrambling to fill both positions. 

Shambolic, top to bottom.

My only consolation is that I believe we have good players who could be a good side under a manager who knows what he's doing.  This goalkeeper is clearly not one of them.  If everyone who watches Hearts has known that for ages  why not Levein.

Let's not forget  he quite possibly cost us a scottish cup win.

31 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Deliberately antagonizing fans?? Really, d'ye think?? If that's true. He's lost the plot and the dressing room. He must be hanging on by a thread then I would think. Or clutching at straws one of the two. there's a lot of the latter about. 

13 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

No he isnt.

Ah right, was reading it he was with Belgian club, was from January until end of Belgian season.

1 minute ago, scratchy said:

Deliberately antagonizing fans?? Really, d'ye think?? If that's true. He's lost the plot and the dressing room. He must be hanging on by a thread then I would think. Or clutching at straws one of the two. there's a lot of the latter about. 

I have no idea or way of proving he is deliberately trying to wind fans up but it certainly feels like it. His comments after matches as well only add to my feeling. Stating he wasn’t bothered about losing to East Fife. After a home defeat to killie he said he didn’t know what to do. Baffles me how he gets away it and still has fans on his side. 

Central Belt 1874
9 minutes ago, David Sharp said:

FFS

If you think I'm defending Levein, then your wrong. Very wrong. 

If you think Levein is deliberately antagonising fans, then a frank discussion about what Ann Budge is doing at this club just now is needed amongst fans asap. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Joel Pereira Update