Jump to content
Hot since 86

Uche

Recommended Posts

Bongo 1874

I personally don't think it's Uches fault look at the service we give him even Washington. we are poor at getting players up to support our forwards which results in either our forwards looking to get a foul trying to hold the ball up or them losing it. I understand Uche needs to brush up on certain aspects of his game but are we playing to his strengths? Are we getting the best we could possibly get out of him? . You don't turn into a bad player just overnight he has talent and he showed us it last season.  

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dalstonjambo
15 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Like a baby :jj_facepalm:

 

 

Seriously, how old are you ?

He's also edited that as it was pointed out to him the connotations of the comment. it was a 'panzy' before. Probably worse insinuation with that. Tried to make it better, still comes across as a child in the playground.

Edited by Dalstonjambo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Natural Orders
7 minutes ago, Dalstonjambo said:

He's also edited that as it was pointed out to him the connotations of the comment. it was a 'panzy' before. Probably worse insinuation with that. Tried to make it better, still comes across as a child in the playground.

many on here come across as a bully in the playground

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sir Gio

For 10 almost 11 months, this team has had no balance, no idea of what it would be the following week. Less talented players then tend to show the struggle of coping with adversity, and hence why apart from injury Uche has backpedalled. If we got a firm and lasting game plan, involving Uche, Naismith and Meshino (include Washington too) then we would definitely show improvement. Time to nail down our starters, or indeed get them on the pitch. Experiments allied to admittedly a bad trot of injuries are making ok players look bad and good players look ok to bad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dalstonjambo
3 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

many on here come across as a bully in the playground

Agreed - like calling people a panzy or a jerk. 

Just as an fyi - people calling out your points as being ridiculous, your constant questions as inane, or disagreeing with you is not bullying. It's a messageboard. 

Edited by Dalstonjambo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Smithee
1 minute ago, Natural Orders said:

many on here come across as a bully in the playground

 

Didn't you want a Hearts player fined for posting a picture of food on the internet?

I mean, are you into really over bearing authority or not? Pick a lane!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Stephen Muddie

Anybody know the best turnstile to use for Sec N Row 12 Seat 31? The ticket states a selection of suitable turnstiles but just thought I'd ask anyway

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
fabienleclerq
2 minutes ago, Stephen Muddie said:

Anybody know the best turnstile to use for Sec N Row 12 Seat 31? The ticket states a selection of suitable turnstiles but just thought I'd ask anyway

 

Random thread for it but... 

 

Go to the furthest right turnstiles in the main stand! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Absolute Scenes
35 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

IF it helped the team to stay on my feet and keep going, then I would

 

how would staying on your feet if you were being fouled help the team, in any situation, at all???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Natural Orders
Just now, Absolute Scenes said:

 

how would staying on your feet if you were being fouled help the team, in any situation, at all???

someone with his strength should be able to get through them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Stephen Muddie
7 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

 

Random thread for it but... 

 

Go to the furthest right turnstiles in the main stand! 

Do most of the spectators in N go to the far right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Icon of Symmetry
3 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

someone with his strength should be able to get through them

 

What is he, a ****ing cyborg? Jesus Christ. I know he’s a big lad but do you actually watch what happens in games? Have a look at the highlights of the Aberdeen v Hearts game as a starting point. Specifically the lead up to Aberdeen’s first goal. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
fabienleclerq
12 minutes ago, Stephen Muddie said:

Do most of the spectators in N go to the far right?

🤔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
been here before
15 minutes ago, Stephen Muddie said:

Do most of the spectators in N go to the far right?

 

Naughty Naughty but aye the hardcore make for row 18.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Stephen Muddie
7 minutes ago, been here before said:

 

Naughty Naughty but aye the hardcore make for row 18.

Is that row 18 or did you mean row i8? TBH I was gonna give this game a body swerve but the chance to shout abuse at Uche Ikpeazu  (such as "Hoi Uche, ya pansy, stay on yer feet!") and the potential for trouble out back makes this game a Must IMO. 

I was thinking of bring an effigy of CL with me and burning it in a rage at FT. Do you think others will be doing this too? Don't want to be the only PHM there.

Edited by Stephen Muddie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
been here before

Row 18- was a play in the far right turnstile. Do the Uche thing... emphasise the z in panzy though, "fxckin panzzzzzzzzy", that sort of thing. If he's really pish throw in a bender too.

 

Stone Island and an effigy after the game sounds cool. Tea towel and a bottle of 20/20 should ensure you dint stand out too much.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hercules

Is the word pansy now illegal ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Morgan
4 minutes ago, Hercules said:

Is the word pansy now illegal ?

Don’t know about illegal, but according to someone on here, it doesn’t even exist.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Morgan
13 minutes ago, been here before said:

Row 18- was a play in the far right turnstile. Do the Uche thing... emphasise the z in panzy though, "fxckin panzzzzzzzzy", that sort of thing. If he's really pish throw in a bender too.

 

Stone Island and an effigy after the game sounds cool. Tea towel and a bottle of 20/20 should ensure you dint stand out too much.

 

 

Skinny jeans and white trainers are surely a ‘must’ too?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Absolute Scenes
48 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

 

What is he, a ****ing cyborg? Jesus Christ. I know he’s a big lad but do you actually watch what happens in games? Have a look at the highlights of the Aberdeen v Hearts game as a starting point. Specifically the lead up to Aberdeen’s first goal. 

 

:laugh: I actually cant believe I wasted time replying to him

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Icon of Symmetry
1 minute ago, Absolute Scenes said:

 

:laugh: I actually cant believe I wasted time replying to him

 

I don’t believe him. I think he’s trolling. There is not a chance that his posts are serious imo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
franco2209

Got to laugh , a certain poster makes  some very valid points re Uche, I.e. he would bring more to the team if he focussed on remaining upright rather than trying to win a foul by continually capitulating. Usual  suspects rounding on said poster tantamount to bullying, questioning “what does he watch in games?” Well the same question could be reciprocated to the posters who have egg on their faces with their unremitting defence of Mr Levein over the last 10 months. Give it a rest guys , it’s becoming tedious.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
David McCaig

It looks like it will be pretty much the same squad of players available to start as we had for the Hamilton game.

 

Uche for Henderson should really be a no-brainer.

 

However, is Uche going to be this season’s Vanecek with low confidence and lack of fitness being used as a reason against playing in games where he could build confidence and fitness.

 

As other’s have said Uche needs to be given time to build a partnership with Washington.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GinRummy
1 minute ago, franco2209 said:

Got to laugh , a certain poster makes  some very valid points re Uche, I.e. he would bring more to the team if he focussed on remaining upright rather than trying to win a foul by continually capitulating. Usual  suspects rounding on said poster tantamount to bullying, questioning “what does he watch in games?” Well the same question could be reciprocated to the posters who have egg on their faces with their unremitting defence of Mr Levein over the last 10 months. Give it a rest guys , it’s becoming tedious.

 

Sorry, I’m not having that. His opening post quoted stats from a fifa game. Uche constantly criticised for falling over yet manhandled (sometimes by two defenders at a time) but doesn’t get the fouls he deserves. Meanwhile, his opponents regularly throw themselves to the ground anytime Uche goes near them and they get the foul time and again.

 

The OPs identity or posting history is of no interest to me but if he comes on and slags a player off who has never really recovered from a bad injury and I feel like posting a response then I will. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dusk_Till_Dawn

There are massive flaws in his game but we could be making more of him than we have, without a doubt 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GinRummy
2 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

There are massive flaws in his game but we could be making more of him than we have, without a doubt 

 

Either Uche, Naismith or one of the young guys needs to partner Washington up front every game. Washington a good player but never.a lone striker. Going to ruin Washington playing him up top on his own imo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FruitJuice
1 hour ago, Smithee said:

 

Didn't you want a Hearts player fined for posting a picture of food on the internet?

I mean, are you into really over bearing authority or not? Pick a lane!

Doyle is also a goalkeeper so does he not need to be as fit as an outside player giving him a bit more leeway? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
been here before
9 minutes ago, franco2209 said:

Got to laugh , a certain poster makes  some very valid points re Uche, I.e. he would bring more to the team if he focussed on remaining upright rather than trying to win a foul by continually capitulating. Usual  suspects rounding on said poster tantamount to bullying, questioning “what does he watch in games?” Well the same question could be reciprocated to the posters who have egg on their faces with their unremitting defence of Mr Levein over the last 10 months. Give it a rest guys , it’s becoming tedious.

 

Thats quite a quality rant. Wee bit all over the place but from the heart.

 

Boy from Hamilton reckons Uches a panzy based on his ratings in a PC game and you swing it round to Levein oot.

 

Top work.

 

👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
been here before
3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

 

Either Uche, Naismith or one of the young guys needs to partner Washington up front every game. Washington a good player but never.a lone striker. Going to ruin Washington playing him up top on his own imo.

 

Cant see it being Naismith regularly. Quite a few of the youngsters are out on loan. Keena is back from Dunfermline isnt he? He should be due a run.

 

Uche just now is at best a 20 minute impact player worth bringing on for that Hail Mary cavalry charge to win a game. The last few games Ive seen him play he looks to be blowing out his arse after 60-70 mins.

 

 

Edited by been here before

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JamboAl
1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

For 10 almost 11 months, this team has had no balance, no idea of what it would be the following week. Less talented players then tend to show the struggle of coping with adversity, and hence why apart from injury Uche has backpedalled. If we got a firm and lasting game plan, involving Uche, Naismith and Meshino (include Washington too) then we would definitely show improvement. Time to nail down our starters, or indeed get them on the pitch. Experiments allied to admittedly a bad trot of injuries are making ok players look bad and good players look ok to bad

How are we going to achieve that when we get key players injured?

However the thread is not about team balance but about Uche who for some reason is not the same player as he was before his injury spell.  That creates a management conundrum.  Do we select him in the hope that he will play through his indifferent form or do we drop him and drain his confidence?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GinRummy
Just now, been here before said:

 

Cant see it being Naismith regularly. Quite a few of the youngsters are out on loan. Keena is back from Dunfermline isnt he? He should be due a run.

 

 

 

Don’t disagree on giving Keena a go. I think the midfield will be ok without Naismith this season and, when fit, he’d be my choice to partner Washington. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Icon of Symmetry
9 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

 

Sorry, I’m not having that. His opening post quoted stats from a fifa game. Uche constantly criticised for falling over yet manhandled (sometimes by two defenders at a time) but doesn’t get the fouls he deserves. Meanwhile, his opponents regularly throw themselves to the ground anytime Uche goes near them and they get the foul time and again.

 

The OPs identity or posting history is of no interest to me but if he comes on and slags a player off who has never really recovered from a bad injury and I feel like posting a response then I will. 

 

Exactly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dusk_Till_Dawn
9 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

 

Sorry, I’m not having that. His opening post quoted stats from a fifa game. Uche constantly criticised for falling over yet manhandled (sometimes by two defenders at a time) but doesn’t get the fouls he deserves. Meanwhile, his opponents regularly throw themselves to the ground anytime Uche goes near them and they get the foul time and again.

 

The OPs identity or posting history is of no interest to me but if he comes on and slags a player off who has never really recovered from a bad injury and I feel like posting a response then I will. 

 

He does fall over a hell of a lot though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GinRummy
3 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

How are we going to achieve that when we get key players injured?

However the thread is not about team balance but about Uche who for some reason is not the same player as he was before his injury spell.  That creates a management conundrum.  Do we select him in the hope that he will play through his indifferent form or do we drop him and drain his confidence?

 

Let him do it from the bench against tired lega. Build his confidence up from there. The guy was red hot during our good spell at the start of last season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GinRummy
4 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

 

He does fall over a hell of a lot though.

 

😀 So does Jermaine Defoe, that Swiss d*** at hibs and french Eddy but I bet there aren’t too many posters on their fan forums moaning about it. Uche is also genuinely fouled more than any of the players I named because the word is out that defenders will get away with it.

Edited by GinRummy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JamboAl
8 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

 

Let him do it from the bench against tired lega. Build his confidence up from there. The guy was red hot during our good spell at the start of last season.

It looks like that's what we have been doing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Icon of Symmetry
6 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

 

😀 So does Jermaine Defoe, that Swiss d*** at hibs and french Eddy but I bet there aren’t too many posters on their fan forums moaning about it. Uche is also genuinely fouled more than any of the players I named because the word is out that defenders will get away with it.

 

Hate to say it but... online Celtic, Rangers and Hibs fans are more partisan in their support of their clubs. Hearts fans get their jollies from attacking Hearts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sir Gio
15 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

How are we going to achieve that when we get key players injured?

However the thread is not about team balance but about Uche who for some reason is not the same player as he was before his injury spell.  That creates a management conundrum.  Do we select him in the hope that he will play through his indifferent form or do we drop him and drain his confidence?

I tried to explain why Uche has perhaps suffered like other people 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RobNox

The problem for Uche is that he is a big strong guy, but when he was being fouled and staying on his feet, the refs gave him nothing.  It's like they think it's OK to foul someone if they are strong enough to stand up to it.  So in order to win a foul, he needs to go down, otherwise our refs assume there was no foul.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Icon of Symmetry
4 minutes ago, RobNox said:

The problem for Uche is that he is a big strong guy, but when he was being fouled and staying on his feet, the refs gave him nothing.  It's like they think it's OK to foul someone if they are strong enough to stand up to it.  So in order to win a foul, he needs to go down, otherwise our refs assume there was no foul.

 

 

Took an awful lot of idiotic posts to arrive at the truth on this thread... glad we are finally there though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Toxteth O'Grady

He has forgotten to shoot at goal. He needs to start doing that again 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Smithee
1 hour ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

 

Hate to say it but... online Celtic, Rangers and Hibs fans are more partisan in their support of their clubs. Hearts fans get their jollies from attacking Hearts.

 

It certainly seems that way sometimes! Can you imagine a filthy hun on rangersmedia consistently slagging them but defending Hearts whenever they get brought up?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Icon of Symmetry
7 minutes ago, Smithee said:

 

It certainly seems that way sometimes! Can you imagine a filthy hun on rangersmedia consistently slagging them but defending Hearts whenever they get brought up?

 

No, I couldn’t. Sad isn’t it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RobNox
49 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

 

Took an awful lot of idiotic posts to arrive at the truth on this thread... glad we are finally there though.

 

:2thumbsup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hercules
1 hour ago, RobNox said:

The problem for Uche is that he is a big strong guy, but when he was being fouled and staying on his feet, the refs gave him nothing.  It's like they think it's OK to foul someone if they are strong enough to stand up to it.  So in order to win a foul, he needs to go down, otherwise our refs assume there was no foul.

 

He has a few problems to be honest. His first touch is horrendous and he can’t trap a bag of cement. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kimosavi
53 minutes ago, Hercules said:

He has a few problems to be honest. His first touch is horrendous and he can’t trap a bag of cement. 

He's absolutely horrendous at most things football related. He's actually a great player for whoever we are playing against. Brings nothing to us but fouls and breaks up play constantly. His touch is mind boggling bad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
John Findlay
7 hours ago, Natural Orders said:

someone with his strength should be able to get through them

You are at the wind up

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Treasurer
13 hours ago, GinRummy said:

 

Either Uche, Naismith or one of the young guys needs to partner Washington up front every game. Washington a good player but never.a lone striker. Going to ruin Washington playing him up top on his own imo.

He played as the lone striker for NI, the difference was that they had players quickly getting up to support him.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GinRummy
3 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

He played as the lone striker for NI, the difference was that they had players quickly getting up to support him.

 

 

I don't really watch internationals so couldn't comment on how he does for them up on his own.

 

Maybe with a decent number 10 it could work but I just don't see it. He doesn't seem confident in front of goal and strikes me as more of an assist man.

 

Also if he misses chances regularly and he is the main guy getting chances it could ruin what little confidence he has,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...