Uche

Hot since 86

7 minutes ago, Dalstonjambo said:

He's also edited that as it was pointed out to him the connotations of the comment. it was a 'panzy' before. Probably worse insinuation with that. Tried to make it better, still comes across as a child in the playground.

many on here come across as a bully in the playground

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jambo 4 Ever

• GinRummy

• been here before

• Beast Boy

Lord Beni of Gorgie

For 10 almost 11 months, this team has had no balance, no idea of what it would be the following week. Less talented players then tend to show the struggle of coping with adversity, and hence why apart from injury Uche has backpedalled. If we got a firm and lasting game plan, involving Uche, Naismith and Meshino (include Washington too) then we would definitely show improvement. Time to nail down our starters, or indeed get them on the pitch. Experiments allied to admittedly a bad trot of injuries are making ok players look bad and good players look ok to bad

3 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

Agreed - like calling people a panzy or a jerk. 

Just as an fyi - people calling out your points as being ridiculous, your constant questions as inane, or disagreeing with you is not bullying. It's a messageboard. 

Edited by Dalstonjambo

1 minute ago, Natural Orders said:

Didn't you want a Hearts player fined for posting a picture of food on the internet?

I mean, are you into really over bearing authority or not? Pick a lane!

Stephen Muddie

Anybody know the best turnstile to use for Sec N Row 12 Seat 31? The ticket states a selection of suitable turnstiles but just thought I'd ask anyway

2 minutes ago, Stephen Muddie said:

Anybody know the best turnstile to use for Sec N Row 12 Seat 31? The ticket states a selection of suitable turnstiles but just thought I'd ask anyway

Random thread for it but... 

Go to the furthest right turnstiles in the main stand! 

Absolute Scenes
35 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

IF it helped the team to stay on my feet and keep going, then I would

how would staying on your feet if you were being fouled help the team, in any situation, at all???

Just now, Absolute Scenes said:

how would staying on your feet if you were being fouled help the team, in any situation, at all???

someone with his strength should be able to get through them

Stephen Muddie
7 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

Random thread for it but... 

Go to the furthest right turnstiles in the main stand! 

Do most of the spectators in N go to the far right?

3 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

someone with his strength should be able to get through them

What is he, a ****ing cyborg? Jesus Christ. I know he’s a big lad but do you actually watch what happens in games? Have a look at the highlights of the Aberdeen v Hearts game as a starting point. Specifically the lead up to Aberdeen’s first goal. 

been here before
15 minutes ago, Stephen Muddie said:

Do most of the spectators in N go to the far right?

Naughty Naughty but aye the hardcore make for row 18.

Stephen Muddie
7 minutes ago, been here before said:

Naughty Naughty but aye the hardcore make for row 18.

Is that row 18 or did you mean row i8? TBH I was gonna give this game a body swerve but the chance to shout abuse at Uche Ikpeazu  (such as "Hoi Uche, ya pansy, stay on yer feet!") and the potential for trouble out back makes this game a Must IMO. 

I was thinking of bring an effigy of CL with me and burning it in a rage at FT. Do you think others will be doing this too? Don't want to be the only PHM there.

Edited by Stephen Muddie

been here before

Row 18- was a play in the far right turnstile. Do the Uche thing... emphasise the z in panzy though, "fxckin panzzzzzzzzy", that sort of thing. If he's really pish throw in a bender too.

Stone Island and an effigy after the game sounds cool. Tea towel and a bottle of 20/20 should ensure you dint stand out too much.

4 minutes ago, Hercules said:

Is the word pansy now illegal ?

Don’t know about illegal, but according to someone on here, it doesn’t even exist.

13 minutes ago, been here before said:

Row 18- was a play in the far right turnstile. Do the Uche thing... emphasise the z in panzy though, "fxckin panzzzzzzzzy", that sort of thing. If he's really pish throw in a bender too.

Stone Island and an effigy after the game sounds cool. Tea towel and a bottle of 20/20 should ensure you dint stand out too much.

Skinny jeans and white trainers are surely a ‘must’ too?

Absolute Scenes
48 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

What is he, a ****ing cyborg? Jesus Christ. I know he’s a big lad but do you actually watch what happens in games? Have a look at the highlights of the Aberdeen v Hearts game as a starting point. Specifically the lead up to Aberdeen’s first goal. 

:laugh: I actually cant believe I wasted time replying to him

1 minute ago, Absolute Scenes said:

:laugh: I actually cant believe I wasted time replying to him

I don’t believe him. I think he’s trolling. There is not a chance that his posts are serious imo.

Got to laugh , a certain poster makes  some very valid points re Uche, I.e. he would bring more to the team if he focussed on remaining upright rather than trying to win a foul by continually capitulating. Usual  suspects rounding on said poster tantamount to bullying, questioning “what does he watch in games?” Well the same question could be reciprocated to the posters who have egg on their faces with their unremitting defence of Mr Levein over the last 10 months. Give it a rest guys , it’s becoming tedious.

It looks like it will be pretty much the same squad of players available to start as we had for the Hamilton game.

Uche for Henderson should really be a no-brainer.

However, is Uche going to be this season’s Vanecek with low confidence and lack of fitness being used as a reason against playing in games where he could build confidence and fitness.

As other’s have said Uche needs to be given time to build a partnership with Washington.

1 minute ago, franco2209 said:

Got to laugh , a certain poster makes  some very valid points re Uche, I.e. he would bring more to the team if he focussed on remaining upright rather than trying to win a foul by continually capitulating. Usual  suspects rounding on said poster tantamount to bullying, questioning “what does he watch in games?” Well the same question could be reciprocated to the posters who have egg on their faces with their unremitting defence of Mr Levein over the last 10 months. Give it a rest guys , it’s becoming tedious.

Sorry, I’m not having that. His opening post quoted stats from a fifa game. Uche constantly criticised for falling over yet manhandled (sometimes by two defenders at a time) but doesn’t get the fouls he deserves. Meanwhile, his opponents regularly throw themselves to the ground anytime Uche goes near them and they get the foul time and again.

The OPs identity or posting history is of no interest to me but if he comes on and slags a player off who has never really recovered from a bad injury and I feel like posting a response then I will. 

2 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

There are massive flaws in his game but we could be making more of him than we have, without a doubt 

Either Uche, Naismith or one of the young guys needs to partner Washington up front every game. Washington a good player but never.a lone striker. Going to ruin Washington playing him up top on his own imo.

1 hour ago, Smithee said:

Didn't you want a Hearts player fined for posting a picture of food on the internet?

I mean, are you into really over bearing authority or not? Pick a lane!

Doyle is also a goalkeeper so does he not need to be as fit as an outside player giving him a bit more leeway? 

been here before
9 minutes ago, franco2209 said:

Thats quite a quality rant. Wee bit all over the place but from the heart.

Boy from Hamilton reckons Uches a panzy based on his ratings in a PC game and you swing it round to Levein oot.

Top work.

👍

been here before
3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Either Uche, Naismith or one of the young guys needs to partner Washington up front every game. Washington a good player but never.a lone striker. Going to ruin Washington playing him up top on his own imo.

Cant see it being Naismith regularly. Quite a few of the youngsters are out on loan. Keena is back from Dunfermline isnt he? He should be due a run.

Uche just now is at best a 20 minute impact player worth bringing on for that Hail Mary cavalry charge to win a game. The last few games Ive seen him play he looks to be blowing out his arse after 60-70 mins.

Edited by been here before

1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

For 10 almost 11 months, this team has had no balance, no idea of what it would be the following week. Less talented players then tend to show the struggle of coping with adversity, and hence why apart from injury Uche has backpedalled. If we got a firm and lasting game plan, involving Uche, Naismith and Meshino (include Washington too) then we would definitely show improvement. Time to nail down our starters, or indeed get them on the pitch. Experiments allied to admittedly a bad trot of injuries are making ok players look bad and good players look ok to bad

How are we going to achieve that when we get key players injured?

However the thread is not about team balance but about Uche who for some reason is not the same player as he was before his injury spell.  That creates a management conundrum.  Do we select him in the hope that he will play through his indifferent form or do we drop him and drain his confidence?

Just now, been here before said:

Cant see it being Naismith regularly. Quite a few of the youngsters are out on loan. Keena is back from Dunfermline isnt he? He should be due a run.

Don’t disagree on giving Keena a go. I think the midfield will be ok without Naismith this season and, when fit, he’d be my choice to partner Washington. 

9 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Sorry, I’m not having that. His opening post quoted stats from a fifa game. Uche constantly criticised for falling over yet manhandled (sometimes by two defenders at a time) but doesn’t get the fouls he deserves. Meanwhile, his opponents regularly throw themselves to the ground anytime Uche goes near them and they get the foul time and again.

The OPs identity or posting history is of no interest to me but if he comes on and slags a player off who has never really recovered from a bad injury and I feel like posting a response then I will. 

Exactly.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
9 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

He does fall over a hell of a lot though.

3 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

However the thread is not about team balance but about Uche who for some reason is not the same player as he was before his injury spell.  That creates a management conundrum.  Do we select him in the hope that he will play through his indifferent form or do we drop him and drain his confidence?

Let him do it from the bench against tired lega. Build his confidence up from there. The guy was red hot during our good spell at the start of last season.

4 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

He does fall over a hell of a lot though.

😀 So does Jermaine Defoe, that Swiss d*** at hibs and french Eddy but I bet there aren’t too many posters on their fan forums moaning about it. Uche is also genuinely fouled more than any of the players I named because the word is out that defenders will get away with it.

Edited by GinRummy

8 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Let him do it from the bench against tired lega. Build his confidence up from there. The guy was red hot during our good spell at the start of last season.

It looks like that's what we have been doing.

6 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

😀 So does Jermaine Defoe, that Swiss d*** at hibs and french Eddy but I bet there aren’t too many posters on their fan forums moaning about it. Uche is also genuinely fouled more than any of the players I named because the word is out that defenders will get away with it.

Hate to say it but... online Celtic, Rangers and Hibs fans are more partisan in their support of their clubs. Hearts fans get their jollies from attacking Hearts.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
15 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I tried to explain why Uche has perhaps suffered like other people 

The problem for Uche is that he is a big strong guy, but when he was being fouled and staying on his feet, the refs gave him nothing.  It's like they think it's OK to foul someone if they are strong enough to stand up to it.  So in order to win a foul, he needs to go down, otherwise our refs assume there was no foul.

4 minutes ago, RobNox said:

The problem for Uche is that he is a big strong guy, but when he was being fouled and staying on his feet, the refs gave him nothing.  It's like they think it's OK to foul someone if they are strong enough to stand up to it.  So in order to win a foul, he needs to go down, otherwise our refs assume there was no foul.

Took an awful lot of idiotic posts to arrive at the truth on this thread... glad we are finally there though.

1 hour ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Hate to say it but... online Celtic, Rangers and Hibs fans are more partisan in their support of their clubs. Hearts fans get their jollies from attacking Hearts.

It certainly seems that way sometimes! Can you imagine a filthy hun on rangersmedia consistently slagging them but defending Hearts whenever they get brought up?

7 minutes ago, Smithee said:

It certainly seems that way sometimes! Can you imagine a filthy hun on rangersmedia consistently slagging them but defending Hearts whenever they get brought up?

No, I couldn’t. Sad isn’t it.

49 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Took an awful lot of idiotic posts to arrive at the truth on this thread... glad we are finally there though.

:2thumbsup:

1 hour ago, RobNox said:

He has a few problems to be honest. His first touch is horrendous and he can’t trap a bag of cement. 

53 minutes ago, Hercules said:

He has a few problems to be honest. His first touch is horrendous and he can’t trap a bag of cement. 

He's absolutely horrendous at most things football related. He's actually a great player for whoever we are playing against. Brings nothing to us but fouls and breaks up play constantly. His touch is mind boggling bad

13 hours ago, GinRummy said:

He played as the lone striker for NI, the difference was that they had players quickly getting up to support him.

3 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

He played as the lone striker for NI, the difference was that they had players quickly getting up to support him.

I don't really watch internationals so couldn't comment on how he does for them up on his own.

Maybe with a decent number 10 it could work but I just don't see it. He doesn't seem confident in front of goal and strikes me as more of an assist man.

Also if he misses chances regularly and he is the main guy getting chances it could ruin what little confidence he has,

12 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I don't really watch internationals so couldn't comment on how he does for them up on his own.

Maybe with a decent number 10 it could work but I just don't see it. He doesn't seem confident in front of goal and strikes me as more of an assist man.

Also if he misses chances regularly and he is the main guy getting chances it could ruin what little confidence he has,

I don't think he lacks confidence, maybe he's just not the natural finisher that you require for a main striker

One thing about Washington is his willingness to work and his intelligent runs, so having a strike partner might be the best option.