Uche

Hot since 86

1 minute ago, RS86 said:

I get the feeling Uche and Washington could/will work v well together. Uche has some good ability but people seem to be dismissing him lately, he was a big miss when he was out last season.

Also wish he'd scored with that audacious flick and overhead kick attemot at the tail end of last season, what a bit of skill

He will play his part for sure he has the most tremendous work rate 

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jambo 4 Ever

• GinRummy

• been here before

• Beast Boy

Guest ToqueJambo

He's a character and is fun to watch, the kind of player who might just do something audacious. We don't have enough of them. He's entertaining even when he's just pulling defenders all over the lace and making them uncomfortable. He's the last man a defender with tired legs would want to see coming on. He needs to stop going down for free kicks though even if he is being grappled with. He's big enough to withstand that even if he is being fouled. Just use your bulk and forget about the ref.

On 10/08/2019 at 21:23, hmfcbilly said:

Could well be the manager IMO.

was  a cult hero until his injury last season now all of a sudden we are mocking the same players. Going by the 2 results so far...our squad that looks great on paper, half the players are not good enough according to a large % on here.  Is it that or more to do with my 1st point about the manager?

Yeah got to think outside the last game he is a handful an unplayable player and work rate is just sublime but we play better football without the hoof 

Uche will win us games when it’s required 

SuperstarSteve
7 minutes ago, RS86 said:

I get the feeling Uche and Washington could/will work v well together. Uche has some good ability but people seem to be dismissing him lately, he was a big miss when he was out last season.

Also wish he'd scored with that audacious flick and overhead kick attemot at the tail end of last season, what a bit of skill

Totally agree with this, especially the last part. 

The big fella has moments when he does things guys his size usually can’t pull off. 

He will play his part this season that’s for sure. 

CloustonHMFC

I like Uche but teams have very quickly sussed out how to keep him quiet. He’ll be an off the bench striker for us this season unless he can force his way back into the team. I fully expect him to be away in the summer though because, if this window is anything to go by, we’re going to start going for higher quality players. 

6 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

If we're chasing a game and want to put the other team on the back foot, bringing him on to play wide right of a front three with Washington and Mulraney, with Walker and Naismith in behind them would be a good bet to do that. He's obviously not the most skillful striker in the world so his real value for us should be in the havoc he can cause.

The last 30minutes he could change the momentum of a game.  He works very hard and can hold a ball up.

Agree he would be best used out right.   He seems to be best when he goes down the line, usully means a center half is pulled out wide to support the left back.   He ran tierney ragged at tynie last season, not many players have done that in the spfl.

highlandjambo3
6 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

If we're chasing a game and want to put the other team on the back foot, bringing him on to play wide right of a front three with Washington and Mulraney, with Walker and Naismith in behind them would be a good bet to do that. He's obviously not the most skillful striker in the world so his real value for us should be in the havoc he can cause.

…havoc......

good nic name for him

Jambof3tornado

I thought we were crying out for him from 65 minutes when Clare was knackered. Would have swung the game back in our favour by giving well something else to think about.

• 4 weeks later...

http://www.sportbible.com/football/gaming-the-top-10-strongest-players-on-fifa-20-leaked-20190906

Apparently 5th strongest player on Fifa 20....

just a shame he isn't strong enough to stay on his feet long enough to play better.

Don't give me this dog poo about how he gets hassle from opposition players all the time - a man of his size and supposed strength should be able to handle it, without falling over like a wee kid all the time when he is knocked

1 minute ago, Natural Orders said:

http://www.sportbible.com/football/gaming-the-top-10-strongest-players-on-fifa-20-leaked-20190906

just a shame he isn't strong enough to stay on his feet long enough to play better.

Don't give me this dog poo about how he gets hassle from opposition players all the time - a man of his size and supposed strength should be able to handle it, without falling over like a wee kid all the time when he is knocked

For goodness sake. It’s a computer game.

Just now, GinRummy said:

For goodness sake. It’s a computer game.

not the point though - he is supposedly strong - so he should act like it on the pitch.

I bet he doesn't fall about all the time in training

Just now, Natural Orders said:

not the point though - he is supposedly strong - so he should act like it on the pitch.

I bet he doesn't fall about all the time in training

Players who are fouled fall over. That’s all there is to it. Big players fall over as do medium sized and small players. 

7 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Players who are fouled fall over. That’s all there is to it. Big players fall over as do medium sized and small players. 

and it's a computer game....

8 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

and it's a computer game....

you are missing the point about him falling over like a baby

Edited by Natural Orders

4 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

you are missing the point about him falling over like a panzy

You do know it's 2019?

For someone who talks constantly about bullying and moans about people who post something they don't like, that's a pretty offensive thing to say.

14 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

he shouldn't be as much though if he really is strong

Just now, Natural Orders said:

you are missing the point about him falling over like a panzy

No I’m not. I hear every time Uche plays from either someone on here, on the tv/radio or from our own supporters in the ground that he goes down easily. I disagree and think opposition players get away with things against him that they wouldn’t get away with against smaller built players. 

In saying that I think all strikers fall over too easily sometimes and Uche is no different. 

Quoting a fifa stat though...

Let's get this right. Are you genuinely saying Uche isn't strong? Speechless

1 minute ago, Dalstonjambo said:

Let's get this right. Are you genuinely saying Uche isn't strong? Speechless

Clearly not strong enough to stay on his feet

been here before
Just now, Thommo414 said:

So...boxing match at Tynecastle between NO and Uche "The Pansy" Ikpeazu to settle it then?

"Panzy". With a z it appears.

2019 and all that.

Captain Lithuania

I think Uche has good attributes but football is secondary to him. Instead of meeting the ball as it comes to him he often backs in to the defender, even if he has to travel further to engage in a wrestling match with the defender than he has to to get to the ball. 

Frustrating player. 

Just now, Dalstonjambo said:

Do you understand the concept of trying to win a foul?

he would be better staying on his feet instead of trying to cheat for fouls

Absolute Scenes
29 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

bet you wouldn't say any of this to his face

1 minute ago, been here before said:

"Panzy". With a z it appears.

2019 and all that.

Noticed that, assumed it was a Hamilton thing and proceeded to ignore it 

he would be better staying on his feet instead of trying to cheat for fouls

Edit - actually i give up. Utter waste of time trying to explain anything to you. 

Sorry if that makes me a 'panzy'

Edited by Dalstonjambo

Ridiculous the amount of times he is clearly fouled and does not get the foul. If you contrast now with when he first signed it's obvious the refs have decided he gets less than pretty much everyone else. Does he go down easy? Yes. Does that make it less of a foul 9 times out of ten? No. I've seen him clearly being held by two different players and not get a foul. It's ridiculous

25 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

Possibly , at times , he shouldn't . Pretty sure Drogba fell over at least as often .

Was he a 'panzy' too ?

Edited by johnthomas

30 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

been here before
6 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

Possibly , at times , he shouldn't . Pretty sure Drogba fell over at least as often .

Was he a 'panzy' too ?

If not a panzy then perhaps a nanzy boy.

I believe its still 1943 in certain parts of Hamilton.

Just now, been here before said:

:D

4 minutes ago, been here before said:

1943 eh?

That explains the absence of Google.

34 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

Was he a 'panzy' too ?

He was actually good at scoring goals too though.   Doesn't make it right though!

Uche should concentrate on staying on his feet and scoring goals rather than falling over like he does

Pasquale for King
48 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Ridiculous the amount of times he is clearly fouled and does not get the foul. If you contrast now with when he first signed it's obvious the refs have decided he gets less than pretty much everyone else. Does he go down easy? Yes. Does that make it less of a foul 9 times out of ten? No. I've seen him clearly being held by two different players and not get a foul. It's ridiculous

Refs up here have no idea who is fouling who, the amount of times they get it wrong is a joke. I’ve been told they allow a bit more physicality than in other countries. 

1 hour ago, Natural Orders said:

Don't talk shit. He gets fouled constantly. Shirt pulled, arms around his waist, hauled to the ground and rugby tackled and still gets the foul against him.

Absolute Scenes
1 hour ago, Natural Orders said:

He was actually good at scoring goals too though.   Doesn't make it right though!

Uche should concentrate on staying on his feet and scoring goals rather than falling over like he does

You do yourself no favours, and sorry to say but you do sound like you don't know what your talking about

If it was you, and you were being fouled and couldn't move because someone was pulling your shirt, would you hold the same high morals and continue to be allowed to be fouled and grappled until you've lost possession??

Aye buckin right ye would

2 hours ago, Arnaud Djoum said:

I think Uche has good attributes but football is secondary to him. Instead of meeting the ball as it comes to him he often backs in to the defender, even if he has to travel further to engage in a wrestling match with the defender than he has to to get to the ball. 

Frustrating player. 

A certain poster is getting it tight but I catch training now and again with working up by HW and Uche falls as much in training matches as he does in games. 

It looks like he’s too premature with protecting the ball. Players back off and let him fall when he’s backing into them. Old school ground trick you did with yer mates.🤪

Like you say, he needs to learn to take the ball on the move. Mix it up. Defenders now expect him to back in and hold it up. Teams put two men on him.

If our coaching staff could harness Uche’s obvious strengths we would be a fabulous asset to the team. 

The big man just needs help from someone who knows what they’re talking about.  The lad is only 24 and 

i’d bet a guy like Sandy Clark could be a big help to him. Remember Robbo was brought in part-time to

coach / help the strikers.

Edited by mitch41

I think the problem with Uche is he’s focused so much on strength that he’s forgotten about fitness.

Manchester United had a similar problem with Lukaku last season.

There is no denying Uches strength but that doesn’t help his match fitness. Bodybuilders and sprint runners by their general physique are not designed to run around for 90 minutes. Last season Uche always looked like he was blowing out of his backside after 10 minutes.

He has the physique to cause people problems but lacks pace. He won’t get more than 10 goals in a season but he’d be an option for a midfield runner to pick up the knockdowns

1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

Don't talk shit. He gets fouled constantly. Shirt pulled, arms around his waist, hauled to the ground and rugby tackled and still gets the foul against him.

Agreed.

Some of the decisions that go against him are actually laughable.

Having said that he needs to wise up a bit on the pitch because him playing in the right way will cause havoc.

Could Daly not give him a few pointers as he was a big burly striker.

He seems to contribute little else as a  coach. :cornette_dog:

3 hours ago, Natural Orders said:

Like a baby :jj_facepalm:

Seriously, how old are you ?

40 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

You do yourself no favours, and sorry to say but you do sound like you don't know what your talking about

If it was you, and you were being fouled and couldn't move because someone was pulling your shirt, would you hold the same high morals and continue to be allowed to be fouled and grappled until you've lost possession??

Aye buckin right ye would

IF it helped the team to stay on my feet and keep going, then I would

I personally don't think it's Uches fault look at the service we give him even Washington. we are poor at getting players up to support our forwards which results in either our forwards looking to get a foul trying to hold the ball up or them losing it. I understand Uche needs to brush up on certain aspects of his game but are we playing to his strengths? Are we getting the best we could possibly get out of him? . You don't turn into a bad player just overnight he has talent and he showed us it last season.  

15 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Like a baby :jj_facepalm:

Seriously, how old are you ?

He's also edited that as it was pointed out to him the connotations of the comment. it was a 'panzy' before. Probably worse insinuation with that. Tried to make it better, still comes across as a child in the playground.

Edited by Dalstonjambo