Uche

Hot since 86

1 hour ago, Peebo said:

Absolutely honking today. A competent manager may get something out of him, though. 

Could well be the manager IMO.

1 hour ago, old school tie said:

Are the old firm still scouting him😂😂

was  a cult hero until his injury last season now all of a sudden we are mocking the same players. Going by the 2 results so far...our squad that looks great on paper, half the players are not good enough according to a large % on here.  Is it that or more to do with my 1st point about the manager?

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jambo 4 Ever

• GinRummy

• been here before

• Beast Boy

BRAVEHEART1874

The last couple of games it hasn't happened for him.

Mainly because of endless hoofed balls up to him (same as when we used to play concalves up on his own) it doesn't work.

Even when it does  from 1 in 10 nothing really comes of it as we certainly have not been winning 2nd balls either.

Don't think lafferty was much better either.

Need more passing attacking football we are lacking any creativity and strikers like washington henderson are not Callum Patterson either ;)

He just wants to wrestle with every defender in the league. He plays the man and never the ball. 

The hilarious moment in the second half when the ball was punted up to him and for once no one was behind him, he almost fell over in anticipation of the non existent challenge. Getting sick of him now.  

Edited by Djnoisy

Cult status? Carthorse more like it. A good combination of desperate dan and clicky ba. (apologies to DC Thompson)

3fingersreid

Whilst the service to him isn’t the best ( understatement ) on the rare occasion when it is , all it shows is he’s really not that good . 

Voiceofreasonfortheseason
6 minutes ago, YouLetYourClubDie said:

No way is Uche the problem.

I actually agree, there was a point even towards the end of last season that some folk on here expected bids from an EPL team for the big man. How things change on this forum. Let's change the manager and see how the new one gets on with this squad. I think our squad is a decent one tbh, just lacks direction and tactics.

Mixed bag from him today. I was watching RC manager today telling his players to double up on him. I also saw him half nelsoned to the ground just before halftime. Ref had a good view and gave nothing. My advise to him would be stay on your feet and don’t back in as much as you are doing as the refs are giving  you nothing when you are fouled in the process. 

Edited by Dannie Boy

3 hours ago, been here before said:

The best defender Ross County had today. Broke up pretty much every attacking move he was involved in.

This.  Felt like we were a man down.

4 hours ago, Deevers said:

Some of the service he got today bordered on criminal. That and the lack of protection from the referee. Shocking on both counts.

Totally agree

1 hour ago, Dannie Boy said:

Mixed bag from him today. I was watching RC manager today telling his players to double up on him. I also saw him half nelsoned to the ground just before halftime. Ref had a good view and gave nothing. My advise to him would be stay on your feet and don’t back in as much as you are doing as the refs are giving  you nothing when you are fouled in the process. 

1 hour ago, Smoked-Glass said:

The refs haven't a clue how to handle him.    Today's ref was Shyte overall. 

Yeap

Jambo, Goodbye

I can only really recall him playing well with Maclean next to him. 

Maybe he'd be better alongside Washington or Naismith if they had possession further up the pitch but we refuse to do anything other than hoof it. 

Cant qusetion the mans work rate but i hope to never see him start a game for Hearts again. Maybe bring him on if we're trailing with 10 mins left to bulldoze an already tired defence. But thats it.

On 10/08/2019 at 22:51, Musemic said:

Full of heart and effort but sadly that's way short of being all that's needed at SPL level. 

Very true - his first touch isn't great, he lacks vision and he isn't a prolific goalscorer. Tries hard but at this level that isn't enough

On 10/08/2019 at 22:01, Smoked-Glass said:

The refs haven't a clue how to handle him.    Today's ref was Shyte overall. 

On 10/08/2019 at 23:35, Jim Panzee said:

Yeap

But, but, the ref had no influence on the game!!!

If you're playing badly and the ref gives you nothing that obviously has no influence on the performance, at all, never - or so say some of the collected Kickback genius. 

40 minutes ago, robroy1874 said:

Very true - his first touch isn't great, he lacks vision and he isn't a prolific goalscorer. Tries hard but at this level that isn't enough

Agreed.  He'll struggle to get back into the first 11 once Naisy is back.

A wee bit like Zamal; seems like a nice guy that tries his best and works hard for the club but I can’t help thinking we perform better without him.

I suspect that while others will kick on and rise to the challenge, the quality of the signings we are now making will leave big Uche behind.

Would love to be proved wrong. 

2 minutes ago, cocobeab said:

A wee bit like Zamal; seems like a nice guy that tries his best and works hard for the club but I can’t help thinking we perform better without him.

I suspect that while others will kick on and rise to the challenge, the quality of the signings we are now making will leave big Uche behind.

Would love to be proved wrong. 

Doesnt have the basic skills to play a fast passing game. Takes to long to try to control the ball and all momentum stops. Great to see him battling defenders but that does nothing except slow the game down.

John mcCartney
4 minutes ago, cocobeab said:

its the only way to go,that and halkett n souttar over the course of a season n all

ginger jambo98
6 minutes ago, merrymac said:

Doesnt have the basic skills to play a fast passing game. Takes to long to try to control the ball and all momentum stops. Great to see him battling defenders but that does nothing except slow the game down.

He's shown glimmers of hope, lay off for Jamie's goal against the 🐑 to suggest he is a good "on the deck player". He's not a Sandy Clark in the air so we shouldn't play long to him. Ive not written him off just yet but his game time will be reduced for now. 

Bazzas right boot

Not a fan of this need to slag other players when we think someone better comes along.

Uche will play his part this season as will Berra.

jambo in iraq
12 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Not a fan of this need to slag other players when we think someone better comes along.

yes I'm with you on this. There will be times this season where he will be very useful. Having options now to play the right players against the respective opposition is a bonus.

Captain Canada

Not his fault but we play better without him in the team because there's no easy out ball e.g. aimless hoof up the park. 

2 hours ago, PnG said:

Cant qusetion the mans work rate but i hope to never see him start a game for Hearts again. Maybe bring him on if we're trailing with 10 mins left to bulldoze an already tired defence. But thats it.

I think he'll start at parkhead tbh. Id rest Washington as he'd be my first choice. Chances if getting anything are parkhead are slim, I genuinely believe if Uche is suited to a more open game rather that a tight game on a tight pitch. We finally have a bit strength (literally) and depth in the forward areas now. And whoever between Uche and Washington is in form should start. For me Washington is our main striker.

2 hours ago, PnG said:

I get what you mean but a little over the top. We played the ball on the deck a lot more today and this encouraged movement.

Unfortunately for Uche he’s started poorly but also the team seem to get lazy when he plays by just lumping the ball up to him.

He will have his use this season but feel he’s rightly not in the team just now.

maroonsgotop
On 10/08/2019 at 21:23, hmfcbilly said:

Could well be the manager IMO.

was  a cult hero until his injury last season now all of a sudden we are mocking the same players. Going by the 2 results so far...our squad that looks great on paper, half the players are not good enough according to a large % on here.  Is it that or more to do with my 1st point about the manager?

agree that he was a cult hero pre his injury and he might be trying too hard just now or maybe not 100% fit..If he gets back to his original from with us he'll still be an important asset and I'll stick with him.

i wish jj was my dad
7 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

Has to stop falling over so easily 

You have mentioned that before. You nees to stop talking pish. Plenty of people have mentioned that too.

Guest ToqueJambo
39 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Exactly. It's a squad game. Some games will suit Uche better than others.

2 hours ago, PnG said:

correct

I feel sorry for uche. When he plays, the rest of the team forget they know how to play football and punt it at him. 

I'd love to see how he would do in a team that had wingers who could cross a ball

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, Bauld said:

He will have an important part to play over the course of the whole season.

I wouldn't write him off. 

If we're chasing a game and want to put the other team on the back foot, bringing him on to play wide right of a front three with Washington and Mulraney, with Walker and Naismith in behind them would be a good bet to do that. He's obviously not the most skillful striker in the world so his real value for us should be in the havoc he can cause.

I get the feeling Uche and Washington could/will work v well together. Uche has some good ability but people seem to be dismissing him lately, he was a big miss when he was out last season.

Also wish he'd scored with that audacious flick and overhead kick attemot at the tail end of last season, what a bit of skill