• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• OTT

• Newton51

• Beast Boy

• Coolio

Top Posters In This Topic

42 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

Sky Sports were showing highlights yesterday of the 1-0 Celtic game last August.  I counted two (in fifteen minutes of highlights) fumbles by Bobby, resulting in him having to react to rebound shots, which in fairness he did well.  There was also the Griffiths chance in the first half where he had rushed 6 feet off his line leaving the goals exposed.  

He is a good shot stopper, but his positioning, handling, decision making and penalty technique means that he will cost us points this season.  His problems with defenders also means his communication cant be that good.  A new GK should have been a priority this summer. 

You could easily be talking about Jamie MacDonald here. How often did anyone have to call Niemi, Gordon or McLaughlin a “good shot stopper”, in order to stick up for them?

We absolutely need a better keeper just now, and when we get it, I think the defence will improve massively.

Jambo dans les Pyrenees
14 hours ago, Saughton Jambo said:

My confidence would also be shot if I had Berra in front on me. I’d drop Berra, Bobby and uche. Seen enough games with them to know that they’re not what we need. Don’t  know why CL persists with them as they are weakening our team. I’m not a huge Dikamona fan but I’d play him with Halkett until soapy returns. 

Would also give Halkett or Naismith the captaincy. 

I hope we sign a new keeper but I agree with you re Berra.  Id actually put Michael Smith in the middle with Hackett and play Brandon at right back.

A_A wehatethehibs

Keep Berra in for the next 2 or 3 games, see if he can get his act together. 

We’re really up the creek if he is permanently ****ed. Hope it gets sorted.

As for Zlamal, just get him punted simple as that. 

Ibrahim Tall
13 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

You could easily be talking about Jamie MacDonald here. How often did anyone have to call Niemi, Gordon or McLaughlin a “good shot stopper”, in order to stick up for them?

We absolutely need a better keeper just now, and when we get it, I think the defence will improve massively.

Tbh that’s harsh on MacDonald. He wasn’t anywhere near the Gordon/Niemi level but he was a mile above Zlamal. He’s barely better than Hamilton let alone at Kello/MacDonald level.

6 minutes ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

Tbh that’s harsh on MacDonald. He wasn’t anywhere near the Gordon/Niemi level but he was a mile above Zlamal. He’s barely better than Hamilton let alone at Kello/MacDonald level.

I respect JM as a Cup Legend. I cannot pretend that I was not seconds away from the brown interior design of my scants every time he saved a ball by punching it in to the six and 18 yard boxes though.

Edited by Icon of Symmetry

1 hour ago, Blacky87 said:

IMO Bobbys confidence or lack thereof Is the reason the defence keep seemingly making howlers aswell. Berra should never have HAD to call Bobby over to collect that ball. I played in Goals as a youth and even i was screaming at the livestream for him to collect. 

What does he do instead. Wipe Berra out. 

Our defence was solid until Bobby started throwing regular wobblies.

Nah that was definitely Berra’s ball. I can’t upload on here for some reason so here’s a link to the image https://ibb.co/qMpwzT3

It’s barely in the box and berra has a free unchallenged header. Michael smith pointing for berra to head it back to bobby as well. If hat happened then bobby could have quickly rolled I out to smith to go forward. Instead, I don’t have a clue what Berra’s doing as he changed his. Body shape multiple times and bobby tries to get the ball but berra gets in the way. 

Bobbys the king of the fumbles and awful at crosses and we need a new keeper but this one wasn’t Berra’s fault. Our captain was one of our worst players and needs dropped. 

2 hours ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

Dikamona gave up the penalty last week  pretty much 2seconds after a red card (if you count the game stoppage) when he already knew the ref was all over us like flies on $#!t. The two minutes after the red card should have been the two most important minutes of that game. He couldn’t control himself for 3 seconds. 

I don’t rate Dikamona all that highly. I just rate him a bit more highly than Berra. I think both of them are prone to mistakes but imo I’m just thoroughly sick of Berra and Bobby and Uche for that matter. We’ve tried all sorts of combinations but we’ve not tried Dikamona with Halkett.

I was at pittodrie and witnessed first hand Dikamona’s howler. However Berra had a howler in the first ten minutes. Also for a captain then he’s as quiet as a church mouse. I never hear him shouting at other players by means of encouragement. Naismith never stops talking and for that reason i’d make him or Halkett Captain. Totally agree with your post though. Soapy and Halkett shout be out back two CB’s. Keep one of Dikamona or Berra and punt the one we don’t want. Given that Berra signed an extension then Dikamona would

be surplus. 

I don’t think a flat back 3 works for us nor 5 at the back, and CL is trying to accommodate all three of them. His loyalty to Berra is costing us points, cups and ultimately will be bums on seats next. 

4 hours ago, Dayman said:

Nah that was definitely Berra’s ball. I can’t upload on here for some reason so here’s a link to the image https://ibb.co/qMpwzT3

It’s barely in the box and berra has a free unchallenged header. Michael smith pointing for berra to head it back to bobby as well. If hat happened then bobby could have quickly rolled I out to smith to go forward. Instead, I don’t have a clue what Berra’s doing as he changed his. Body shape multiple times and bobby tries to get the ball but berra gets in the way. 

Bobbys the king of the fumbles and awful at crosses and we need a new keeper but this one wasn’t Berra’s fault. Our captain was one of our worst players and needs dropped. 

my example wasnt the best, but there's a definite link between zlamals drop in form and us going from having 11 clean sheets in a row to turning into one of the most shambolic teams in the top flight.

I've watched the Berra/Bobby collision, can see why it was a terrible example now tbf. However, I've got faith Berra can find himself again. Bobby i dont think will.

6 hours ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

If he didn't flap at the cross, like he always does, he wouldn't have had to make that save. 

I can't remember a worse performance from a Hearts keeper. 

You didn't see Kurskis then 😱

That long ball when he clears Berra out, I could be wrong but I thought he could have come and cleared it before it bounced again, its symptomatic of our problems that Berra looks like he has no confidence in the keeper and does t know whether to commit or leave it. 

Not absolving Berra of blame, he looks a bit lost but Bobby is so erratic and a compete lia

1 hour ago, Blacky87 said:

my example wasnt the best, but there's a definite link between zlamals drop in form and us going from having 11 clean sheets in a row to turning into one of the most shambolic teams in the top flight.

I've watched the Berra/Bobby collision, can see why it was a terrible example now tbf. However, I've got faith Berra can find himself again. Bobby i dont think will.

Yeah I can’t argue with that. I think Bobby’s confidence took a knock at some point and it’s not come back. Hearts fans probably aren’t helping though but it’s understandable why.

He should go down a level to somewhere with less fans and expectations to build his confidence up again if he wants his career to not nosedive. 

Hopefully berra regains his form. We could do with him being at his best again! 

Edit: what’s bobbys English like? I can’t imagine berra with his mouth guard in is easy to understand even to a native speaker. Maybe this could have something to do with the communication errors. 

Edited by Dayman