Big Bobby Zlamal

Captain Price

A_A wehatethehibs

I don’t understand why everyone is clamouring to get Gordon in. It’s not 2006 any more. If Scott Bain is getting picked ahead of him he’s got to be finished. 

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• OTT

• Newton51

• Beast Boy

• Coolio

Top Posters In This Topic

That ‘save’ where he punched the ball a couple of feet in front of himself was terrifying. He reminds me of Jamie McDonald, capable of pulling of a great reaction save here and there, but gives the opposition too many bites at the cherry by not saving the danger.

Bit step down in class from Jon McLaughlin. Was confident with big Jon between the sticks.

Edited by Icon of Symmetry

1 minute ago, jonnothejambo said:

I have stated on here a few times now that Zlamal needs replaced as he is just not good enough, but I don't think there is any need for some of the personal stuff towards him. 

To call him a prick is out of order. 

Agreed. The way we speak about our players, manager and owner is shocking at times.

Is there a hearts supporter in the world that didn't know this guy was a complete bombscare? I don't think so, but Levein obviously thinks he's fine and the guy who's even worse than zlamal gets a new contract. I'm seriously worried about us this season if we persist with this management.

Borders Jambo
20 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Some around me yesterday called him a lot worse. The atmosphere was poisonous.

This.  Whilst yesterday was shocking, there was almost a clamour for things to go wrong.

upgotheheads

To be fair the incident between him and Berra  was as much down to Berra. There doesn't seem to be any communication between the goalie and the defenders.

His confidence is shot clearly - this impacts the defenders confidence which has a ripple effect through the team.

But yet again another big punt up the park and Berra is part of the **** up. Teams are now using Berra’s corroding ability as a tactic against us also.

3 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

That ‘save’ where he punched the ball a couple of feet in front of himself was terrifying. He reminds me of Jamie McDonald, capable of pulling of a great reaction save here and there, but gives the opposition too many bites at the cherry by not saving the danger.

Bit step down in class from Jon McLaughlin. Was confident with big Jon between the sticks.

Jamie MacDonald could at least save penalties.

1 hour ago, jonnothejambo said:

I did think Doyle would play yesterday and it's obvious to me that Zlamal looked like he wanted to be anywhere else than on that pitch yesterday. 

It was a strange decision by the manager.

Not really.  Doyle was terrible midweek for the colts against Albion Rovers.  He dropped the ball several times and nearly made a mess of the weak penalty he managed to save.  Both poor goalkeepers but Doyle is marginally worse.

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

I have stated on here a few times now that Zlamal needs replaced as he is just not good enough, but I don't think there is any need for some of the personal stuff towards him. 

To call him a prick is out of order. 

100%

41 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

To be fair the incident between him and Berra  was as much down to Berra. There doesn't seem to be any communication between the goalie and the defenders.

It's not the first time that has happened either.

4 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

Not really.  Doyle was terrible midweek for the colts against Albion Rovers.  He dropped the ball several times and nearly made a mess of the weak penalty he managed to save.  Both poor goalkeepers but Doyle is marginally worse.

Were you at coatbridge on Tuesday night .it was lashing rain he made one handling error but apart from that he was fine

jack D and coke
17 hours ago, StevenNaismith said:

That will be the last time we see him play for the first team. New keeper in this week who will be number 1. Think if Bobby can find a club then he will be allowed to leave.

I’d heard he wanted to go too. That right?

Family not settled here. 

Please be true....

2 minutes ago, Blackshades said:

Were you at coatbridge on Tuesday night .it was lashing rain he made one handling error but apart from that he was fine

Yes I was.

He’s brutal, always has been, always will be. 

Its been clear since very early on that he’s not up to the standard required. 

5 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

Yes I was.

Thats great then im more than happy to listen to your opinion . It just totally  different to mine but that life

Zlamal needs dropping/replacing, Deffo. Having stood by him since he came in I cannot now give him the benifit of the doubt. 

We need to clear out the whole first team keeper dept including Gallacher, have never been convinced by what I see and that's only judging him on the warm up and what I see from other teams. 

I for one cannot see the regime sorting this out due to the inability to deal with underlying issues relating to the football side of the club. 

A long season it shall be.. 

2 hours ago, Borders Jambo said:

This.  Whilst yesterday was shocking, there was almost a clamour for things to go wrong.

It was bizarre. Barely anyone around me reacted in anyway when the penalty was missed. I know I didn’t. The performance up until that point had worn everyone down maybe 😂

His save in the first half was outrageously good.

The rest of his game was shocking.

Will be rightfully dropped for the next game.

He's the worst keeper I can remember since Nelson, absolute dross. How we thought going into the season with him and Doyle was going to reap rewards I will never know. Cost us the final and was lucky not to cost us yesterday. I have the fear everytime a ball goes near him. 

Just now, Glottis said:

All came from him flapping at a cross! He done that twice first half then misjudged one in the second half that hit the woodwork. His collision with Berra was comedy central for everyone else but us. He needs to be told thanks but no thanks. I don't care if he's a nice guy and a character he is hopeless. Doyle isn't any better, I've seen better amateur keepers than those 2 put together.

Tom Hardy’s Dug

The fact that one of the best tactics at the moment that a team playing against us to score a goal is

1. Punt ball towards Berra

2. Wait for a combination of him and Bobby to screw it up

3. Score with the chance you will get from the initial punt...

is more than a little bit embarrassing.

But Berra is an equal partner in that weakness.

I would say the good far outweighed the bad last season in terms of Zlamal, it’s just a shame 2 of his errors happened in high profile games. I can’t remember to many other errors that cost us goals and I reckon he probably saved us more than cost us points...some of his shot stopping was excellent. There is not a keeper in the land that doesn’t make a handful of mistakes each season, be it De Gea, Gordon or Zlamal; the lower the budget you have to spend on a keeper, the more likely you are to have a keeper who makes errors.

However, his confidence seemed shot...yesterday was an unusually bad performance, on top of an error last week as well. I actually felt sorry for him. I think he might struggle to recover from it and a period out of the team is now likely. Last season he bounced back well after being dropped, I hope he can do the same again; however I think he’s lost the trust of the players and the fans and that could be difficult to recover from.

StevenNaismith
1 hour ago, jack D and coke said:

I’d heard he wanted to go too. That right?

Family not settled here. 

Please be true....

He’s been made aware that he won’t be number 1 and wants to play football. Refreshing attitude to be honest when we’ve seen some of the dross sit and pick up a wage for nothing over the last few years.

Dagger Is Back

Over the years we've been very lucky to have a number of excellent goalies like Smith, Roussett, Niemi, Gordon, Alexander, McLaughlin etc.

Was pretty obvious from early on, that neither Doyle or Zlamal were worthy of the No1 jersey. As a defender if you don't have confidence in your goalie it can be a helluva long 90 minutes.  Berra isn't the same rock solid leader he was when he first came back and needs some time on the sidelines. Pains me to say that as he's my kind of player, but whether it's THAT Injury or what I don't know.

Absolutely no need for the personal attacks though. Don't think any of the guys who played yesterday will be happy with the result or performance.

If Bobby goes he should go with our thanks and best wishes. That would be the classy reaction

Special Agent Dale Cooper
17 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Over the years we've been very lucky to have a number of excellent goalies like Smith, Roussett, Niemi, Gordon, Alexander, McLaughlin etc.

Was pretty obvious from early on, that neither Doyle or Zlamal were worthy of the No1 jersey. As a defender if you don't have confidence in your goalie it can be a helluva long 90 minutes.  Berra isn't the same rock solid leader he was when he first came back and needs some time on the sidelines. Pains me to say that as he's my kind of player, but whether it's THAT Injury or what I don't know.

Absolutely no need for the personal attacks though. Don't think any of the guys who played yesterday will be happy with the result or performance.

If Bobby goes he should go with our thanks and best wishes. That would be the classy reaction

Excellent post.

Amazing to think that Doyle might be recalled to face Motherwell away after what happened last time! Unless we get someone else in first...

Bazzas right boot

Watching the highlights, Bobby looks even worse. 

Pretty much made an arse of everything. 

Shame. 

We gave a journeyman veteran keeper a three year contract and are now trying to dump him. It's becoming an all too familiar story. I would wield the axe across the entire football department, director of football, coaches, scouts, the whole lot. What a collection of wasteful losers.

8 hours ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Saw him for the first time at Bayview last season. Posted on here that I thought he was a bomb scare and nowhere near good enough. Was roundly slaughtered on the thread. No pleasure to say I was right but it does make me wonder about what people look for in players. 

He wont go with my best wishes. Cost us a cup final. Lost us the first league game of this season. Generated complete confusion in our defence in second league game this season. Will go far enough to suggest that if big Jon was still our keeper we would have won the cup, won at Pittodrie and maybe won yesterday(maybe not). World would look a whole lot different if Bobby hadn’t been in goals. 

rudi must stay
20 minutes ago, Flimsy said:

We gave a journeyman veteran keeper a three year contract and are now trying to dump him. It's becoming an all too familiar story. I would wield the axe across the entire football department, director of football, coaches, scouts, the whole lot. What a collection of wasteful losers.

"We watched some YouTube videos. And he wasn't to blame for most of the goals lost"

Agreed

9 hours ago, combo74 said:

I would say the good far outweighed the bad last season in terms of Zlamal, it’s just a shame 2 of his errors happened in high profile games. I can’t remember to many other errors that cost us goals and I reckon he probably saved us more than cost us points...some of his shot stopping was excellent. There is not a keeper in the land that doesn’t make a handful of mistakes each season, be it De Gea, Gordon or Zlamal; the lower the budget you have to spend on a keeper, the more likely you are to have a keeper who makes errors.

However, his confidence seemed shot...yesterday was an unusually bad performance, on top of an error last week as well. I actually felt sorry for him. I think he might struggle to recover from it and a period out of the team is now likely. Last season he bounced back well after being dropped, I hope he can do the same again; however I think he’s lost the trust of the players and the fans and that could be difficult to recover from.

Good post.

21 minutes ago, Flimsy said:

OK, and who would you bring in to replace them all then?  That's a hell of a lot of recruitment needed to replace an entire football department.  

11 hours ago, Jammy T said:

His confidence is shot clearly - this impacts the defenders confidence which has a ripple effect through the team.

But yet again another big punt up the park and Berra is part of the **** up. Teams are now using Berra’s corroding ability as a tactic against us also.

My confidence would also be shot if I had Berra in front on me. I’d drop Berra, Bobby and uche. Seen enough games with them to know that they’re not what we need. Don’t  know why CL persists with them as they are weakening our team. I’m not a huge Dikamona fan but I’d play him with Halkett until soapy returns. 

Would also give Halkett or Naismith the captaincy. 

The biggest disappointment this summer is still having this ***** as number one. He seems like a nice guy and a good character, but he’s seriously ****ing shite. The worst goalie we’ve had in a long time I think. To go from McLaughlin to Zlamal 😂

7 hours ago, RobNox said:

OK, and who would you bring in to replace them all then?  That's a hell of a lot of recruitment needed to replace an entire football department.  

It should have happened the day after the cup final. Budgement Day 2. They managed to make wholesale changes five years ago, they could have done it again.

13 minutes ago, Flimsy said:

It should have happened the day after the cup final. Budgement Day 2. They managed to make wholesale changes five years ago, they could have done it again.

It was obvious all of last season that neither of our keepers were decent.  Both of them cost us points, and Bobby cost us the final.  Why we have started the season with both still here is beyond me.

David McCaig
19 hours ago, Randy Marsh said:

Utter nonsense... Doyle was excellent last Tuesday in horrendous conditions.

As far as I can recall there was one shot very early on that he didn't take 100% cleanly, after that he made a string of excellent saves including the aforementioned penalty.

IMO Bobbys confidence or lack thereof Is the reason the defence keep seemingly making howlers aswell. Berra should never have HAD to call Bobby over to collect that ball. I played in Goals as a youth and even i was screaming at the livestream for him to collect. 

What does he do instead. Wipe Berra out. 

Our defence was solid until Bobby started throwing regular wobblies.

Салатные палочки

Sky Sports were showing highlights yesterday of the 1-0 Celtic game last August.  I counted two (in fifteen minutes of highlights) fumbles by Bobby, resulting in him having to react to rebound shots, which in fairness he did well.  There was also the Griffiths chance in the first half where he had rushed 6 feet off his line leaving the goals exposed.  

He is a good shot stopper, but his positioning, handling, decision making and penalty technique means that he will cost us points this season.  His problems with defenders also means his communication cant be that good.  A new GK should have been a priority this summer. 

rudi must stay
6 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

Sky Sports were showing highlights yesterday of the 1-0 Celtic game last August.  I counted two (in fifteen minutes of highlights) fumbles by Bobby, resulting in him having to react to rebound shots, which in fairness he did well.  There was also the Griffiths chance in the first half where he had rushed 6 feet off his line leaving the goals exposed.  

He is a good shot stopper, but his positioning, handling, decision making and penalty technique means that he will cost us points this season.  His problems with defenders also means his communication cant be that good.  A new GK should have been a priority this summer. 

His communication and the relationship between the centre backs and him is awful. That's down to him from what I've seen, the defenders are supportive and encouraging. But Bobby is absolutely nuts, I've seen him shout at them for the smallest things.

On 11/08/2019 at 11:09, upgotheheads said:

Also evident in the first goal at Aberdeen. Sadly team is rotten to the core. Only change in the entire management structure will see things improve. We don’t need any more new signings we need a style and platform to allow the players we do have to express themselves and excel 

10 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

Yes hes made mistakes , all keepers do . The best just make less . I think he has been ok but on Saturday he was just awful .

We've done well in the past , McLoughlin being the most recent (forget who signed him) . According to many on here it's dead easy to find , and afford , the best

I think that is daft beyond belief 

alwaysthereinspirit
On 10/08/2019 at 11:56, Dannie Boy said:

Crap apart from 1 save he should never have had to make.

This. Made a comment on game thread after his catch/punch/flap on that cross. So indecisive on that one play. Same as the indecisive decisions in the final and against Aberdeen. He’s not going to change his ways now.

alwaysthereinspirit
On 11/08/2019 at 04:35, Borders Jambo said:

We definitely have posters on here who just love their “I told you” moment. Quite sad really when it relates to Hearts failures.

alwaysthereinspirit
14 hours ago, Saughton Jambo said:

My confidence would also be shot if I had Berra in front on me. I’d drop Berra, Bobby and uche. Seen enough games with them to know that they’re not what we need. Don’t  know why CL persists with them as they are weakening our team. I’m not a huge Dikamona fan but I’d play him with Halkett until soapy returns. 

Would also give Halkett or Naismith the captaincy. 

Dikamona gave up the penalty last week  pretty much 2seconds after a red card (if you count the game stoppage) when he already knew the ref was all over us like flies on $#!t. The two minutes after the red card should have been the two most important minutes of that game. He couldn’t control himself for 3 seconds. 

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
On 11/08/2019 at 12:56, Glottis said:

If he didn't flap at the cross, like he always does, he wouldn't have had to make that save. 

I can't remember a worse performance from a Hearts keeper.