This is our Story - These are our Treasures - Museum Object Open Day 18th August

Hearts Heritage

Hearts Heritage

The new Heart of Midlothian Museum exhibition, opening this Autumn, will be based on the theme of ‘My Tynecastle’.

We are looking to display objects that mean the most to our fans in the exhibition. We are holding an open day on Sunday, August 18th in the Gorgie Suite where you can bring your own treasured items. Our historians will talk to you about what they are and what they mean to you. We would love to capture as many stories as we can.

We are looking for the rare, the unusual and the bizarre. Maybe it is an old rattle from the 1930s or Hearts branded merchandise (we have been shown a tin of Hearts branded sweets from the 1930s) or photos of games you have attended?

Please bring along your objects to the Gorgie Suite on Sunday, August 18th from 12-4pm where they will be assessed by the Club Historians. Entrance to the Gorgie Suite is via the Museum (Tynecastle Terrace).

We can’t guarantee that we will display any object brought along on the day. We will need to assess the items and decide which will fit into the theme of our new exhibition.  However, if you would like to donate your objects to the Hearts Museum Collection, we can ensure they will be kept safe for generations to come. They will then be available for researchers and visitors to look at by appointment, and may be brought out for gallery displays and temporary exhibitions in future. Equally our Memories Group makes great use of fan-donated items.

If you can’t make the ‘Open Day’ please bring your treasures along on a day the Museum is open before the end of August.

In the meantime, why not tweet @Hearts_Heritage a photo of your favourite piece of Hearts memorabilia with the hashtag #HeartsTreasures.

Please feel free to email us [email protected] in advance with details of your object and arrange an approximate time that we can see you.

Details on the website.

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/this-is-our-story-these-are-our-treasures

Edited by Hearts Heritage

Fraggle Rock

Good luck. 

I or should i say "my son" now has a hearts mirror from 1983, not that old i know but i means the dogs baws to us. 

Good luck on the day and you never know my grandson might donate it in years to come.

Hearts Heritage
Just now, EH16 said:

Good luck. 

I or should i say "my son" now has a hearts mirror from 1983, not that old i know but i means the dogs baws to us. 

Good luck on the day and you never know my grandson might donate it in years to come.

If you could post a photo it is just the type of thing we are looking for.

Objects can either be donated or loaned for the duration of the exhibition.

Fraggle Rock
1 minute ago, Hearts Heritage said:

If you could post a photo it is just the type of thing we are looking for.

Objects can either be donated or loaned for the duration of the exhibition.

I am in Turkey at the moment but i will contact my son and ask him to do so, if he wont then i will do it when i get home in 22 days.

Hearts Heritage
1 minute ago, maroon66 said:

Had this for a few years, not sure it's real. I will try and get down on Sunday. 

Screenshot_20190809_115736.jpg

image.png.c826fcfc4d3b868b18698abb80888983.png

Hearts Heritage
1 minute ago, maroon66 said:

No doubting there was a game played just the authenticity of the medal. 

That would be a story in itself.

2 hours ago, Hearts Heritage said:

Just a day to go. We're getting excited about you're going to bring along.

Will there be any photos/videos of the day available afterwards? Sounds vey interesting. 

Hearts Heritage
19 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Will there be any photos/videos of the day available afterwards? Sounds vey interesting. 

We will be taking photos today.

Open from 12-4.

If you can’t make it today pop in on a day we are open before the end of August

or email us 

[email protected]

52 minutes ago, Hearts Heritage said:

We will be taking photos today.

Open from 12-4.

If you can’t make it today pop in on a day we are open before the end of August

or email us 

[email protected]

Hopefully some interesting items will appear. 👍