Tresspassers

Marvin

Bloody trespassers on railway have caused my train to get cancelled. I say feck them if they get hit then they shouldn't be fannying about on the line

:seething:

Edited by Marvin

3 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Will be prosecuted.

Feck them. They shouldn't be on  the line in the first place. It's obvious that we need  those Government safety information ads back on the TV again.

The Real Maroonblood
21 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Bloody trespassers on railway have caused my train to get cancelled. I say feck them if they get hit then they shouldn't be fannying about on the line

Maybe they were just side tracked.

It's Rangers fans taking direct action against those of an anti-Rangers agenda.     Tomorrow it's a museum in Torquay.    Saturday it's a food bank in Chester.     Sunday it's a tea shop in Tobermory.

2 hours ago, Marvin said:

Even if they are young children? 🤔

John Findlay
2 hours ago, Marvin said:

If they got hit that would cause more cancellations than there has been to date. It initially gets treated as a scene of crime by the BTP until there is no doubt it was an accident or suicide. Then there is the clean up operation. Line can be closed for 5hrs +.

I've got a Tresspass jacket, I think the OP will find this allows me to go where I like. 😎

17 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

If they got hit that would cause more cancellations than there has been to date. It initially gets treated as a scene of crime by the BTP until there is no doubt it was an accident or suicide. Then there is the clean up operation. Line can be closed for 5hrs +.

Many years ago when I still lived in Hull, I was getting the Friday afternoon train back up to Edinburgh. Firing up the ECML looking at the water with a couple of Stella's was a thoroughly pleasant trip. One time we stopped at Newcastle and I noticed everybody was getting off. I'd been listening to music so hadn't heard the announcement that the train would go no further due to trespassers near Dunbar. This angered me and I rather loudly shouted something along the lines of, "Wankers. **** It, hit them." 

This caused a rather ugly reaction from the woman next to me who said all the above about clearing up mess, etc. She was less than impressed with my reply of, "the faster you hit them, the less mess to clean up". 

Weirdly, we got moved onto another train that went to Edinburgh about 10 mins later. I think that was because they had to get some.trains back down south to replace the ones that were all stuck at Waverley. 

2 minutes ago, trotter said:

Many years ago when I still lived in Hull, I was getting the Friday afternoon train back up to Edinburgh. Firing up the ECML looking at the water with a couple of Stella's was a thoroughly pleasant trip. One time we stopped at Newcastle and I noticed everybody was getting off. I'd been listening to music so hadn't heard the announcement that the train would go no further due to trespassers near Dunbar. This angered me and I rather loudly shouted something along the lines of, "Wankers. **** It, hit them." 

This caused a rather ugly reaction from the woman next to me who said all the above about clearing up mess, etc. She was less than impressed with my reply of, "the faster you hit them, the less mess to clean up". 

Weirdly, we got moved onto another train that went to Edinburgh about 10 mins later. I think that was because they had to get some.trains back down south to replace the ones that were all stuck at Waverley. 

:qqb006:

1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

From my experience a fatality does cause a lot of disruption usually a couple of hours in delays to the trains. Its the driver who I feel sorry for when this happens.

1 hour ago, trotter said:

Quite the opposite I'm told. I'm informed that body parts explode and/or fly in all directions when a person is hit at speed. 

36 minutes ago, Marvin said:

From my experience a fatality does cause a lot of disruption usually a couple of hours in delays to the trains. Its the driver who I feel sorry for when this happens.

Yeah - once got stuck at Morpeth station on the East Coast Mainline heading home from London due to someone doing suicide by train between Berwick and Edinburgh.  Depending on where the incident happens you have to get police, ambulance, and clean up crews to the scene and it might take a while if it happens in the middle of nowhere.

Edited by frankblack

John Findlay
7 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Jesus wept. That's fair put me off my Multi Cheerios..

Trust me. Seeing, hearing someone hit by a train doing 90mph is not a nice thing to witness.