War of Two Halves

HillmanHearts

HillmanHearts

Hi, I was planning to go along to this.

Looked on-line into to the Festival Fringe Ticket site.

They said there was no availability through them on the particular days / times I wanted to go - but to "contact venue direct" as there may be some availability there.

I don't know if this is just a general note for various shows where they have sold their allocation.

So can anyone tell me if Hearts actually sell tickets for this direct from Tynecastle or not ?

If so - I was going to pop along to try for the dates I fancy  !

Edited by HillmanHearts
clarity

Scnorthedinburgh

Page six of news section on Hearts website has a link to direct ticket sales page.

Looks like only August 11 sold out on there.

HillmanHearts

Page six of news section on Hearts website has a link to direct ticket sales page.

Looks like only August 11 sold out on there

Was in TO yesterday, they do not sell tickets for show.

Thanks both for the info :thumbs_up:

16 hours ago, Bluesy1874 said:

Got tickets for next Sunday as all shows are nearly sold out. Cannot wait looks very good. 

You will not be disappointed,  it is superb.

Finally got a single ticket for Thursday, was looking for 4 at particular times, hope it comes back in November, there's people I'd like to see this. Brilliant production.

I really wanted to see it on Sunday night as a friend is in it covering for another performer and she is only doing two days, sods law that's the one that is totally sold out on all sites. 

On 09/08/2019 at 08:25, systemx said:

It's fantastic ,very emotional take some hankies

Quite frankly, anyone who thinks it's appropriate to have a wank during this play should be chucked out immediately

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

Saw it again this year and it was even better, maybe it was seeing it at night this time that made it even more poignant . Also a bonus to see the new changing room/tunnel 

It was amazing last night but actually felt like the Somme in all the rain which strangely enough added to the experience. I can't recommend it enough to anyone at all it's so well done. 

Matthew Le Tissier

Just back from today’s early show. Absolutely tremendous and a proper emotional rollercoaster the acting is absolutely fantastic and they do the story justice. All I will say though is watch out for the wasps, I got a tagged by a wee ****er 

10 minutes ago, Rab Mac52 said:

I'm going next Wednesday. What entrance is in use as I can't see anything on our tickets. 

If it is the same as last year it starts off in the fans bar in the main stand.

Governor Tarkin
4 minutes ago, the general said:

Hype?

I'd say it's been pretty hyped. Not read a single negative comment about it on here or anywhere else.

Saw it this afternoon.  Was in tears back at the memorial garden.

Blown away by the acting.  This is a must see and I have every intention of seeing it again before the end of the fringe.

30 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

I'd say it's been pretty hyped. Not read a single negative comment about it on here or anywhere else.

Ok if you think good reviews are a massive hype then that's fine obviously 

1 hour ago, hughesie27 said:

If it is the same as last year it starts off in the fans bar in the main stand.

Thanks for that. 

4 hours ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Blown away by the acting.  This is a must see and I have every intention of seeing it again before the end of the fringe.

That was the bit that got me last year.  Tho my dad’s plaque is there so shed  a tear for him as well...

Governor Tarkin
5 hours ago, the general said:

Ok if you think good reviews are a massive hype then that's fine obviously 

Yes it is obviously. Thanks.

Nobody has said it's been over-hyped, I'm sensing a defensiveness that's unwarranted.

Edited by Governor Tarkin

Governor Tarkin
5 hours ago, Gashauskis9 said:

I'm hoping I don't end up a blubbering wreck tbh.

I've got form.

12 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

I've got form.

You will and you won't be the only one. It's brilliant Gov.

8 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

I've got form.

You will be, and absolutely no shame in it.  

There were two American guys at the show I was at who have no connection to the club or interest in football and they were in bits.  I got chatting to them afterwards and it transpires they are screenwriters.  This could go global...

Was there yesterday, (saw it last year also), lot of Hearts people I know, were in Diggers afterwords, (60years old ish)and weren't fully aware of the sacrifice, our club made.. Jack Alexander, with his book, MrCraes Battalion, they have a lot to thank for their excellent production, which they, writers, recognise.

Maroon Sailor
On 12/08/2019 at 15:37, VivaObua said:

Going tomorrow, hoping it lives up to the massive hype.

Where did you hear or read this massive hype ?

The play has been well received, doesn't mean you were going to like it. You might not if you had something already in your mind of what you expected it to be like.

You haven't commented since so maybe it wasn't for you

Edited by Maroon Sailor

On 13/08/2019 at 08:59, Gashauskis9 said:

There were two American guys at the show I was at who have no connection to the club or interest in football and they were in bits.  I got chatting to them afterwards and it transpires they are screenwriters.  This could go global...

Would make a great movie.

3 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Where did you hear or read this massive hype ?

The play has been well received, doesn't mean you were going to like it. You might not if you had something already in your mind of what you expected it to be like.

You haven't commented since so maybe it wasn't for you

I've read loads and loads of great reviews on twitter, facebook and news outlets and every friend/family member who has seen it has raved about it. Seen it on Tuesday and I've since posted a glowing review on various social media outlets so yes it lived up to the hype well done everyone involved. It's a must see for me.

Maroon Sailor
2 minutes ago, VivaObua said:

I've read loads and loads of great reviews on twitter, facebook and news outlets and every friend/family member who has seen it has raved about it. Seen it on Tuesday and I've since posted a glowing review on various social media outlets so yes it lived up to the hype well done everyone involved. It's a must see for me.

Top man 👍

GlynnSnodin4-2

Thanks for the support everyone.  We're really enjoying doing the show this year.

It is unlikely we'll do it in November this year and, as it stands, we don't plan to run it in 2020 - so if you are swithering then I would try and get down this year.

Heading in for the 15.30 show today...looking forward to it

Wanted the 1pm show as friends are doing that one but not enough tickets left !

43 minutes ago, moz said:

Heading in for the 15.30 show today...looking forward to it

Wanted the 1pm show as friends are doing that one but not enough tickets left !

Me too.

Well went along today and thought it was fantastic.

Knowing the story and how it ends, I had my first eye welling up moment about half a dozen notes into the very first scene when the Hearts song was played in a lament dombre style fashion (sorry not musical and correct terminology) on the violin.

And by the end a few folk searching for their hankies.

Not sure I can articulate enough to give the performance justice, so a professional review instead.

https://britishtheatre.com/review-a-war-of-two-halves-tynecastle-football-stadium/

John Findlay
7 hours ago, DETTY29 said:

Knowing the story and how it ends, I had my first eye welling up moment about half a dozen notes into the very first scene when the Hearts song was played in a lament dombre style fashion (sorry not musical and correct terminology) on the violin.

Not sure I can articulate enough to give the performance justice, so a professional review instead.

https://britishtheatre.com/review-a-war-of-two-halves-tynecastle-football-stadium/

That is some review.

8 hours ago, DETTY29 said:

That looks like the guy who was at my show (who I mentioned above).

On 13/08/2019 at 08:59, Gashauskis9 said:

2 hours ago, Gashauskis9 said:

That looks like the guy who was at my show (who I mentioned above).

I think it has the potential of a Band of Brothers type mini series  which I'd far prefer to a one off blockbuster.

However, it would need an American angle or American Hollywood A lister to play Macrae or Briggs roles.

Edited by DETTY29

52 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

I think it has the potential of a Band of Brothers type mini series  which I'd far prefer to a one off blockbuster.

However, it would need an American angle or American Hollywood A lister to play Macrae or Briggs roles.

If this did go ahead, I would hope that the football scenes would be better than those in Escape to Victory. They were brutal

Hi folks,

First of all, thanks for all the kind words and support you have given our show!

We are offering half price tickets for  tonight’s 8.30pm show, pay on the door, first come first served.

If you haven’t seen it yet, or know anybody who hasn’t, this is a great opportunity to save some cash! 

Cheers,

Boba 

15 hours ago, DETTY29 said:

Ditto...I was nearly a wreck from the opening scene alone..!

Went to the 3:30 yesterday afternoon tremendous show for all. Added interest to Hearts fans is the tour of the new home dressing room for one of the scenes. Even had a pint and a chat with Ann Budge , Eric Hogg and Anne Park in the fans bar post show.

Saw this tonight for the second year in a row. Was concerned or might lose a little something as I knew what was coming......it didn’t. I cried like a baby. Such a great story, cast and setting. Well done to all involved. 

Edited by Helzibob