Loic Damour signs for 4 years (subject to international clearance)

TheAntiHibee

Seymour M Hersh
3 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

To me he has looked quite lazy and in my gut I feel that sinking sensation once again. He needed to hit the ground running and he thumped down then stumbled. I hope so much he improves

If only you'd sink without trace! 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Bazzas right boot

• Jambo 4 Ever

• BarneyBattles44

51 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I seem to remember Paul Hartley got MoM on his debut v Aberdeen. Set the tone.

Can't remember a time when a player never set the tone on his first few games.

You remember wrong. Paul Hartley got an absolute roasting from Levein on his debut and was dropped for the next few games until he got his act together.

1 minute ago, Ray Gin said:

You remember wrong. Paul Hartley got an absolute roasting from Levein on his debut and was dropped for the next few games until he got his act together.

Possibly my memory failed.

I seem to recall as I was in hospitality and he, as man of the match presented me with a Hearts paper weight.

Michael Stewart, (I know, I know) highlighted how much work he was having to do to cover for Sean Clare in one of the games, possibly Celtic.

Personally I think DAmour needs games, he looks decent, can pass and is aggressive. His timing is a bit out but that's understandable with a loack of games

We_are_the_Hearts
1 minute ago, Jamhammer said:

Michael Stewart, (I know, I know) highlighted how much work he was having to do to cover for Sean Clare in one of the games, possibly Celtic.

Personally I think DAmour needs games, he looks decent, can pass and is aggressive. His timing is a bit out but that's understandable with a loack of games

It was that game and I have mentioned it earlier. Unfortunately Sean Clare is an impact player who unbalances the team. We would be much stronger with Damour and Whelan IMO.

1 minute ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

It was that game and I have mentioned it earlier. Unfortunately Sean Clare is an impact player who unbalances the team. We would be much stronger with Damour and Whelan IMO.

He doesn't do it enough but SC is one of the few players who CAN create something from nothing. We need more from him, which will help Damour

We_are_the_Hearts
Just now, Jamhammer said:

He doesn't do it enough but SC is one of the few players who CAN create something from nothing. We need more from him, which will help Damour

Yip an impact player. He can't control or be disciplined enough for long spells though. I think we need a stronger spine. He should be fighting it out with Naismith, Meshino, Mulraney and Walker for support positions.

Bazzas right boot
10 minutes ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

Yip an impact player. He can't control or be disciplined enough for long spells though. I think we need a stronger spine. He should be fighting it out with Naismith, Meshino, Mulraney and Walker for support positions.

Agree and I think he will be. 

3 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

I'd argue that you see the game better on TV and get a more accurate critique.

In my opinion TV is a poor second choice.  On TV, you only see where the camera is pointing. You don't get a chance to see what players are doing off camera ... running into open spaces, for example, or just jogging about aimlessly.

I'd be very careful about judging players in the current climate, I'd be even more careful about the default criticism of black players as lazy.

The team is playing must win football almost every game as the manager and coaching staff are under real pressure and it's impossible to not feel that. It might be that we don't see the best of some players until we find a settled style or bring in new coaches or managers. The frustration that many of us are feeling is on paper we look like a decent side but it's not happening on the park. That will only change by some kind of Lazarus style resurrection by the current management team or more likely a new team with better ideas taking over.

3 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

In my opinion TV is a poor second choice.  On TV, you only see where the camera is pointing. You don't get a chance to see what players are doing off camera ... running into open spaces, for example, or just jogging about aimlessly.

That is certainly a valid point but half the time it is hard to see who it is that is actually on the ball (based on not having 20/20 vision).  With commentary as well you hear the frequency of a name.  The more you hear a name you can tell they have played the ball more.

Just now, Jodami said:

I'd be very careful about judging players in the current climate, I'd be even more careful about the default criticism of black players as lazy.

The team is playing must win football almost every game as the manager and coaching staff are under real pressure and it's impossible to not feel that. It might be that we don't see the best of some players until we find a settled style or bring in new coaches or managers. The frustration that many of us are feeling is on paper we look like a decent side but it's not happening on the park. That will only change by some kind of Lazarus style resurrection by the current management team or more likely a new team with better ideas taking over.

I don't doubt that every player can perform better if not managed by Levein and his mannequins.

37 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Possibly my memory failed.

I seem to recall as I was in hospitality and he, as man of the match presented me with a Hearts paper weight.

Has this paper weight ever fallen off something and clonked you on the heed?

been here before
15 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

That is certainly a valid point but half the time it is hard to see who it is that is actually on the ball (based on not having 20/20 vision).  With commentary as well you hear the frequency of a name.  The more you hear a name you can tell they have played the ball more.

😂 😂

Aye of course thats why none of the top managers at international or club level ever rock up at grounds to watch their opponents either in person or using one of their vast numbers of scouts etc.

You can hear Klopp now... "we were going to go and watch Napoli but we didnt bother as we managed to find a crappy stream on the internet. Then all we done is make a note of whose name got mentioned the most".

Or Jaap Staam at Feyenoord, "nah Im not going.  Watching it on the telly is better plus we can work out the Rangers dangermen from listening to Mickey Stewart and Thommo on Sportscene".

9 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Flogel took a while to get going too, if memory serves me. Fulton annaw.

And Hartley 

2 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

I seem to remember Paul Hartley got MoM on his debut v Aberdeen. Set the tone.

Can't remember a time when a player never set the tone on his first few games.

Paul Hartley, Thomas Flogel, Dave McPherson and Stephen Pressley were all pretty crap in their first few games. I would suggest to you that they turned out to be pretty decent in the long term.

15 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Fuller looked horrific first game and turned in to a star. Pressley was another slow starter that came on to a game. 

5 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

And Hartley 

I thought Hartley took time to get going but someone on here said that he was man of the match in his first game and he took off from there.  Can't remember who...

14 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

That's a fair point, but Damour hasn't even had the chance to be here a while to try and get good.

He's a quality player and will prove to be that for this club.

Just now, DG_HMFC said:

That's a fair point, but Damour hasn't even had the chance to be here a while to try and get good.

He's a quality player and will prove to be that for this club.

Agreed. As long as he doesn't have every last drop of motivation hounded out of him from the stands, after not pulling out an Pirlo like performance after three matches.

Fulton is probably the one that stands out most in my mind for this sort of thing. i remember going to game through in Motherwell when we first signed him. I think it was even his first match, or if not then maybe his second. He barely bothered his arse to move out of the centre circle circle all evening. He was getting absolutely slaughtered by the travelling Hearts support.

53 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

You are given 90 minutes, possibly 180 minutes these days to prove you are a great player and you should be playing at a higher level.  Fail to do that and you are labelled a failure.

I believe that Damour would be better further forward, he doesn't really strike me as a defensive midfielder but he can find a man with his passing, that would take him further away from getting caught and that being a threat to our defensive frailties. Mind you I have never coached grown men how to play football 

2 minutes ago, sandylejambo said:

I believe that Damour would be better further forward, he doesn't really strike me as a defensive midfielder but he can find a man with his passing, that would take him further away from getting caught and that being a threat to our defensive frailties. Mind you I have never coached grown men how to play football 

You mean a Scott allany type

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, sandylejambo said:

Seems perfectly sensible to me. 

With Whelan in there he might do. 

2 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Agreed. As long as he doesn't have every last drop of motivation hounded out of him from the stands

Exactly what I mean. We have become a right **** of a fan base. 

We have umpteen former players say they fell in love with our club. Loved it playing for Hearts in front of a fantastic, passionate support in one of the best stadiums going. 

Fast forward to the present day. We are so impatient with pretty much every single player that signs for us. If they don't produce Kevin De Bruyne v Scotland-type performances then they are labelled another 'Levein dud.' This current squad probably hates playing at Tynecastle these days which is an absolute sin.

Now, I'm not comparing us to Hibs, however, we are fast becoming similar (bit of a contradiction) in that no current or ex player from the not too distant past will have fond memories of playing for our great club.

It's a shame because, imo, I see us as 'the place to be' in Scottish football, whether that be youngsters looking for chances to progress, or guys like Damour looking to kick-on and make a name for himself somewhere.

We need to have a mentality switch again and soon because there's a rot setting in that needs sorted out, and I don't think it's as simple as Levein leaving his post as manager.

1 minute ago, DG_HMFC said:

We have umpteen former players say they fell in love with our club. Loved it playing for Hearts in front of a fantastic, passionate support in one of the best stadiums going. 

Fast forward to the present day. We are so impatient with pretty much every single player that signs for us. If they don't produce Kevin De Bruyne v Scotland-type performances then they are labelled another 'Levein dud.' This current squad probably hates playing at Tynecastle these days which is an absolute sin.

Now, I'm not comparing us to Hibs, however, we are fast becoming similar (bit of a contradiction) in that no current or ex player from the not too distant past will have fond memories of playing for our great club.

It's a shame because, imo, I see us as 'the place to be' in Scottish football, whether that be youngsters looking for chances to progress, or guys like Damour looking to kick-on and make a name for himself somewhere.

We need to have a mentality switch again and soon because there's a rot setting in that needs sorted out, and I don't think it's as simple as Levein leaving his post as manager.

Couldn’t agree more. Good luck though mate... you’ve just spoken out against the behaviour of some of our supporters. Not allowed on here. 

Guest ToqueJambo
23 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

It's valid to compare us to Hibs. I'm not saying we're anywhere near the 10 year rut they fell into after Collins, but one of the reasons they couldn't pull themselves out of that rut was that their fans made Easter Road a horrible, nervy place for their players. The nerves and bad vibes from the stands contributed to the general malaise and every team going there fancied their chances and knew they could make the ER crowd work against their own team. It's not rocket science to believe that supporting the team through thick and thin and giving players a chance to bed in is much more likely to lead to success.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, DG_HMFC said:

100% agree. 

Your last sentence is also true. For proof see Robbie. 

Although CL leaving might give us an Intial boost and unification amongst fans, the same segment of fans will lose patients quickly as they did Robbie, Cathro and CL and start a prolonged campaign to oust the new man. 

Adam_the_legend

I’d give every player a fresh slate with a new management team in. Look what Steve Clarke did with killies players, Brenda with Celtic...etc. Good coaches get more out of players so I’d give them all a pass for a few months. 

alicante jambo
Just now, Adam_the_legend said:

I’d give every player a fresh slate with a new management team in. Look what Steve Clarke did with killies players, Brenda with Celtic...etc. Good coaches get more out of players so I’d give them all a pass for a few months. 

I know what you mean regards clarke but was rodgers that really good at celtic? The gulf in finaces between them and everyone else was crazy. They were getting players from man city and psg. I genuinly believe anyone could have been sucesfull with the finances they had against us and the rest in the league. He never really done it in europe. No a dig btw mate just my opinion. 

2 hours ago, DG_HMFC said:

Well said.

Guest ToqueJambo
4 hours ago, sandylejambo said:

I think Damour, Whelan and Irving could be a good midfield 3 with Mulraney, Washington and Naismith ahead of them.

3 hours ago, DG_HMFC said:

Mind when Joe Jordan was boss? Atmospheres were different then but the style of play was dull. There was a sense of impatience after 20 minutes. Players heckled and screamed at, tense atmosphere.

i think the current nasty atmosphere is a reaction to a couple of years of (mostly) garbage we have had to put up with and will change when things on the park improve. 

Things are  different these days, but in a lot of ways nothing has really changed.

Edited by GinRummy

3 hours ago, DG_HMFC said:

After 3 years of eye bleedingly bad performances, with a 4th starting this season, poor results, scraping top 6 in each of the last 3 seasons, more bad signings than good, how do you expect fans to react? I think we've been pretty patient under the circumstances! 

It's not the fans who need a "mentality switch", its levein, with his dull, low energy football. That wont happen, hence why we need a change. How much longer do we give this guy, to hope things eventually turn good? I don't think they will under him. 

I'm sure the players would have a more memorable time at Hearts, if they were playing in a more attractive, successful team, which is the onus of the manager and coaching team. I feel it's a bit off blaming the fans for the current predicament we're in. 

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

After 3 years of eye bleedingly bad performances, with a 4th starting this season, poor results, scraping top 6 in each of the last 3 seasons, more bad signings than good, how do you expect fans to react? I think we've been pretty patient under the circumstances! 

It's not the fans who need a "mentality switch", its levein, with his dull, low energy football. That wont happen, hence why we need a change. How much longer do we give this guy, to hope things eventually turn good? I don't think they will under him. 

I'm sure the players would have a more memorable time at Hearts, if they were playing in a more attractive, successful team, which is the onus of the manager and coaching team. I feel it's a bit off blaming the fans for the current predicament we're in. 

Tbf we never scraped top 6, Comfortable the whole time. 

Hardly an achievement, but still. 

We've also  had some very good signings. 

We made a sc final, lc sf. Not done that for a while either. 

We are at a crossroads and  folk have a right to be frustrated but no need to make things sound worse than they are. 

Not convinced about the eye bleedingly bad performances either on the whole. 

But that's subjective. 

2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Tbf we never scraped top 6, Comfortable the whole time. 

Hardly an achievement, but still. 

We've also  had some very good signings. 

We made a sc final, lc sf. Not done that for a while either. 

We are at a crossroads and  folk have a right to be frustrated but no need to make things sound worse than they are. 

Not convinced about the eye bleedingly bad performances either on the whole. 

But that's subjective. 

Ah well. You must be watching a different team to me then!  And we should have higher ambitions than being happy to comfortably make top 6!! I've heard it all now!! 😂😂

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Paulp74 said:

Ah well. You must be watching a different team to me then!  And we should have higher ambitions than being happy to comfortably make top 6!! I've heard it all now!! 😂😂

That's not what I said or even implied tho, I was just correcting your dramatisation of events. 

I even said top 6 was hardly an achievement, but crack on. 

6 hours ago, Russ1977 said:

Fuller looked horrific first game and turned in to a star. Pressley was another slow starter that came on to a game. 

:lol:

Turned to my pal and said "Another ****ing dud"

Weakened Offender
4 hours ago, DG_HMFC said:

I think we have the worst home and away support in the country. Our online supporters are pretty brutal too.

Our Hampden Daytrippers are the best in the country though and the randoms that turn up for the European games are great for getting the party going. 👍

27 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

That's not what I said or even implied tho, I was just correcting your dramatisation of events. 

I even said top 6 was hardly an achievement, but crack on. 

I just feel it's difficult to find many positives about the football side at the moment. Even the cup run was against the easiest teams we could have been drawn against. 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Paulp74 said:

I just feel it's difficult to find many positives about the football side at the moment. Even the cup run was against the easiest teams we could have been drawn against. 

Fair enough. 

It's not good.