Loic Damour signs for 4 years (subject to international clearance)

TheAntiHibee

3 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Clare’s poor positional sense and lack of tracking back was highlighted on sportscene 

You mean laziness and inertia.  When highlighted on Sportscene he was ambling back watching the ball and at one point he seemed to be marking Willie Collum.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Bazzas right boot

• Jambo 4 Ever

• BarneyBattles44

upgotheheads
15 hours ago, graygo said:

Find out why an opponent can win the ball just inside our half and then have it in our net within about 30 seconds.

Unless you think we should just stop losing the ball.

Fair point. In the incidents I referred to Damour had done the hard work,  had possession, and then lost the ball carelessly. Against Ross County, as I seem to remember, the ball went straight  up our left side and Aidy White, who was knackered by that time, gave away the penalty. 

But an error on the half-way line shouldn't lead directly to scoring opportunities, which raises more questions than I can cover in this post.

5 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

It pains me to say it, genuinely it does. Unfortunately though, we have some of the most ignorant supporters on the planet supporting us nowadays.

I never seen a more fickle bunch of moaning faced gits than what we are now.

23 hours ago, upgotheheads said:

Against Ross County Damour had possession just inside our half, dithered with the ball instead of passing it , lost possession and within about 30 seconds  Ross County had the ball in our box and scored.

Exactly the same thing happened today for Celtic's second goal.

For the most part he had a decent game today but if he's going to cost us a goal a game then what do we do? 

Have a bit patience I'd say. He's rusty, having not played a lot. Personally I think Joel could have done better with that shot but hey ho. I believe he'll learn he doesn't have the time up here he had down south. 

Also, loath though I am to agree with anything Mikey Stewart says he was covering for Sean Claire for the whole game yesterday whilst he jogged about.

• 2 weeks later...
On 25/08/2019 at 19:42, DG_HMFC said:

Writing him off after only 2 games :facepalm: No wonder players lose form so quick at this club and find it hard to recover!

I thought he had a decent match at Fir Park.

About time we encouraged our players because I think we have a good team. Our problem is in the dugout.

Sometimes, though, you have to consider who is doing the writing off.

20 minutes ago, copa-mundial said:

Interesting that Warnock says he can play further forward as well. (Damour that is, not Warnock)

Bazzas right boot

I can't be watching the same player as so e on here. 

Damour has looked good. 

Comfortable  on the ball and good in the tackle. 

He passes the ball well. 

Lacks fitness as he was knackered after about 70 minutes but that should come and hopefully with that he'll be a bit match  sharper and quicker as he's been caught with the ball a few times. 

We_are_the_Hearts
2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Damour has looked good. 

He passes the ball well. 

Lacks fitness as he was knackered after about 70 minutes but that should come and hopefully with that he'll be a bit match  sharper and quicker as he's been caught with the ball a few times. 

I agree with you on this

4 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Damour has looked good. 

He passes the ball well. 

It's the kickback way.

Completely ignore the facts and write a player off after a 20 minutes.

New to the team. 

New to the league.

New to the country.

Lacking match fitness due to not playing much.

None of that matters. :facepalm:

Bazzas right boot
11 minutes ago, Bauld said:

It's the kickback way.

Completely ignore the facts and write a player off after a 20 minutes.

New to the team. 

New to the league.

New to the country.

Lacking match fitness due to not playing much.

None of that matters. :facepalm:

I though he was ok v Ross county and good v motherwell. 

No idea v celtic tbh. 

To me he has looked quite lazy and in my gut I feel that sinking sensation once again. He needed to hit the ground running and he thumped down then stumbled. I hope so much he improves

Of all positions since the 5 year plan midfield is where we have failed the most. We are simply not nailing it. Fairure after failure, soft as shite pussy after soft as shite pussy.

1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

Of all positions since the 5 year plan midfield is where we have failed the most. We are simply not nailing it. Fairure after failure, soft as shite pussy after soft as shite pussy.

Totally agree mate but this one does potentially have a chance too early to call

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

To me he has looked quite lazy and in my gut I feel that sinking sensation once again. He needed to hit the ground running and he thumped down then stumbled. I hope so much he improves

1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

images (9).jpeg

He looks decent to me if he'd cut out the tendency to dither with the ball which cost us a goal against Celtic and a penalty against Ross County.

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

He looks decent to me if he'd cut out the tendency to dither with the ball which cost us a goal against Celtic and a penalty against Ross County.

I agree he has to be sharper and quicker but Ffs, Whyte was at fault for the pk v rc. 

He was knackered, got skinned then tripped and fell into the boy. 

A bit of a stretch to say it was Damour at fault. 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Icon of Symmetry said:

“Lazy”: the go to word of the genius.

Had a few debates with folk on this. 

I said it's lazy just to brand  a player or the team lazy. 

We are not a lazy team at all. 

From memory; he had the ball comfortably, just about the half way line, had easy options to move the ball on, dithered, got dispossessed and the ball was in our penalty box very quickly afterwards. He did exactly the same thing against Celtic. Sure, our midfield was so disorganised that nobody was able to retrieve the situation but even at our level if you give the ball away like that you will almost always be punished. Two mistakes, one penalty, one goal.  

Edited by upgotheheads

8 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

I agree he has to be sharper and quicker but Ffs, Whyte was at fault for the pk v rc. 

He was knackered, got skinned then tripped and fell into the boy. 

A bit of a stretch to say it was Damour at fault. 

From memory; he had the ball comfortably, just about the half way line, had easy options to move the ball on, dithered, got dispossessed and the ball was in our penalty box very quickly afterwards. He did exactly the same thing against Celtic. Sure, our midfield was so disorganised that nobody was able to retrieve the situation but even at our level if you give the ball away like that you will almost always be punished. Two mistakes, one penalty, one goal.  

19 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

We need a bit of steel in there for sure. Surely with Whelan, Damour and Haring at least that problem is solved.

Bazzas right boot
Just now, upgotheheads said:

The rc boy was almost at the corner flag. 

He lost it and they punted it down the wing, Whyte was knackered, got skinned gave away a pk. 

V celtic, unknown, but was it not a 30 yard finish? 

V motherwell he was caught as well, he tried to knock it past the boy which would have opened up things for us, he got caught and 4 passes later they scored.

He does need to be sharper and more match fit, I agree. 

But, like a player who gets his head up and looks for a pass, v motherwell he done that very well. 

They will get caught sometimes and he needs to be a little sharoer/ quicker. 

10 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

Guy needs playing time as he’s just off the pace. I think he looks good and likes a tackle so I’m hopeful 

I agree but think that Whelan and Irving are developing a good understanding so he may have to do it from the bench.

Absolute Scenes
55 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Damour has looked good. 

He passes the ball well. 

Exactly

Also the fact he played nearly every game the season Cardiff got promoted tells its own story

They had enough money to buy a very good player - but yet chose to play Damour...its almost as if he's a good player but he's being written off too early...can you imagine??!!

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Exactly

Also the fact he played nearly every game the season Cardiff got promoted tells its own story

They had enough money to buy a very good player - but yet chose to play Damour...its almost as if he's a good player but he's being written off too early...can you imagine??!!

Not just that, I think he's actually been OK, showed some  really good things. 🙄

14 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

We need a bit of steel in there for sure. Surely with Whelan, Damour and Haring at least that problem is solved.

download.jpg

Spitonastranger
40 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

When did you see him play live.

12 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Whelan is Irish? Other than that I don't get it.

It just means 'luck', as in with any luck.

12 minutes ago, Spitonastranger said:

When did you see him play live.

Can you not judge by watching a full 90 mins on TV?

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

Damour has looked good. 

He passes the ball well. 

Totally agree with you on this one. Think he has looked more than capable and once his fitness is up I reckon he'll be a really good player

Spitonastranger
20 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Not really because you cant see the whole game. You continually slag the team, manager and chairperson of our club but never contribute anything

29 minutes ago, Spitonastranger said:

Not really because you cant see the whole game. You continually slag the team, manager and chairperson of our club but never contribute anything

I'd argue that you see the game better on TV and get a more accurate critique.

1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

90 minutes of watching a player on TV is enough for you write him off? A player that hadn't played for months before arriving from another league? Jesus wept.

18 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Had a few debates with folk on this. 

I said it's lazy just to brand  a player or the team lazy. 

We are not a lazy team at all. 

The idea that a professional athlete with a ripped physique monitored by sport scientists using telemetry devices, running out on to a football pitch in front of his manager and coaches would be “lazy”, is actually so ludicrous it’s funny. Some players have a different style of running, some have better positional sense than others, some know that they are more likely to help the team by staying in positions that will allow them to hurt the opposition more; Skacel for example.

Or no... maybe they are just lazy and can’t be bothered running about... 🙃

been here before
21 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

You'd argue shit was sugar if you think it would get you attention.

5 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

The idea that a professional athlete with a ripped physique monitored by sport scientists using telemetry devices, running out on to a football pitch in front of his manager and coaches would be “lazy”, is actually so ludicrous it’s funny. Some players have a different style of running, some have better positional sense than others, some know that they are more likely to help the team by staying in positions that will allow them to hurt the opposition more; Skacel for example.

You do get lazy players though. I'm not accusing anyone but the way that reads it's as if its's not possible for a player to be lazy with all the modern monitoring and technology.

23 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

90 minutes of watching a player on TV is enough for you write him off? A player that hadn't played for months before arriving from another league? Jesus wept.

I've seen him twice. As I said, I think he is lazy.  Not too sure I have ever 'written him off' mind.

been here before
2 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I've seen him twice. As I said, I think he is lazy.  Not too sure I have ever 'written him off' mind.

"Seen him twice" 😂

Highlights on the telly? Youtube? Some crappy stream?

Priceless.

Bazzas right boot
24 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Yip. 

Just to add to the ridiculousness off it all, it's Usually the opinion from a middle aged man who would get in a sweat trying to find the remote control. 

7 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Think you could be misjudging him tbh. Sometimes Hearts play players in quite rigid positions where it can appear players aren't keeping up with play but they are actually just staying in position as instructed.

chuck berrys hairline

Dunno why everyone is laying into i8 you can more or less gauge on a players first few appearances that they'll make a difference. Not one signing this summer has done so and folk debating wether professional athletes can keep up with the  scrawny jocks in this league 😂 if anything it shows up our incompetence. Spend all the extra on wages for foreigners yet they can't run for 90 mins 🤭🤣

Spitonastranger
52 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

from pundits really, i don't think the pundits in the Scottish game add much to my understanding or tactics.  Doing my coaching badges and being a bit of a nerd i like looking at how players react to situations, hold position and move defensively or attacking as a team. This can only really be done at the game in my opinion.

33 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

You do get lazy players though. I'm not accusing anyone but the way that reads it's as if its's not possible for a player to be lazy with all the modern monitoring and technology.

I just don't think "lazy" is the right word. Like as if they can't be bothered moving around quickly. I don't buy that.

Absolute Scenes
6 minutes ago, chuck berrys hairline said:

Dunno why everyone is laying into i8 you can more or less gauge on a players first few appearances that they'll make a difference. Not one signing this summer has done so and folk debating wether professional athletes can keep up with the  scrawny jocks in this league 😂 if anything it shows up our incompetence. Spend all the extra on wages for foreigners yet they can't run for 90 mins 🤭🤣

if you care to take your head out I8's rectum for a few minutes and reconsider how ridiculous the statement you've coughed out is - you certainly CANNOT gauge a players ability and skill after a few games. Again, complete nonsense saying not one summer signing has it,  as the whole teams performance and confidence is low, therefore you cannot see their best ability, despite what make-believe- guff you spout that professional athletes should never be fatigued or low on fitness - so again you'd have to be a complete moron to write them off that quickly and believe your own bile. Good luck to your kids having you "coaching" them and letting them know they are failures if they underperform. What complete wallop some folk write on here.

47 minutes ago, chuck berrys hairline said:

I seem to remember Paul Hartley got MoM on his debut v Aberdeen. Set the tone.

Can't remember a time when a player never set the tone on his first few games.