Loic Damour signs for 4 years (subject to international clearance)

TheAntiHibee

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Bazzas right boot

• Jambo 4 Ever

• BarneyBattles44

Jambo 4 Ever
1 hour ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Really don't think this guy is very good. Seen 2 and a half games of him and all he's done is give the opposition 2 goals. 

This

I always thought I had a grasp of football but I'm starting to think I'm a real amateur. 

These guys who can write a player off after less than 3 games are the true masters.

Cut The Crap
3 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

If hes not ready then dont play him. Sick of our first 11 being a long term recovery, physio, confidence building class where the first yr of contract is written off by apologists as some kind of free pass for crap.

Tend to agree. The model seems wrong. Signing damaged goods we would otherwise have no chance of getting doesn’t seem to be working.

Just now, Bauld said:

I always thought I had a grasp of football but I'm starting to think I'm a real amateur. 

These guys who can write a player off after less than 3 games are the true masters.

Aye.  It’s a mixed bag today. 

Some guys first time at Parkhead playing with others who have had ample time but fail to perform. That’s tough as a new player. 

What strikes me is this guy at least won’t hide. That’s a start going forward or if we have a change in management. It’s something to work with. 

pettigrewsstylist
Just now, Cut The Crap said:

Tend to agree. The model seems wrong. Signing damaged goods we would otherwise have no chance of getting doesn’t seem to be working.

Its a way of ensuring a ready filled excuse bank is available if reqd. Plenty lapping it up these last 2 yrs so its working.

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
21 minutes ago, Bauld said:

is it ok to comment on his performance with the caveat that it's its early days and things could change?

if so - looks poor so far nearly wins every tackle rarely wins any

hopefully he's not match fit

9 minutes ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

is it ok to comment on his performance with the caveat that it's its early days and things could change?

if so - looks poor so far nearly wins every tackle rarely wins any

hopefully he's not match fit

Absolutely. A poor performance is exactly that. But completely writing off his career with us based on 2 or 3 games is just ridiculous. 

Just now, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Will be yet another one to add to the shite column.

Dat 4 year deal as well!

:sob:

Dusk_Till_Dawn
7 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

Dat 4 year deal as well!

:sob:

But obviously. We are great at burdening ourselves with wank players on long deals. It’s Levein’s speciality 

Unknown user
2 hours ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Really don't think this guy is very good. Seen 2 and a half games of him and all he's done is give the opposition 2 goals. 

He didn't give any goals away today though. He did lose the ball in midfield, but then so did every other midfielder at some point in the game. It took some good play and a worldie after that to score though. 

Preston Jambo

He's been out of first team action for a year so will obviously take time to get up to speed. Despite that I think he's looked pretty good.

He's been caught out a couple of times in front of our area due to his rustiness which has cost us. 

Aston Villas banjo playing superstar has done this in just about every game he has played for Scotland but luckily for him we got away with it and he's worth 50Million apparently!

23 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

But obviously. We are great at burdening ourselves with wank players on long deals. It’s Levein’s speciality 

Genuine question other than Martin and Sammon who have we been burdened with over the last 2/3 years 

On the Damour front I think he’s just another solid player nothin special, but certainly not terrible like some would have us believe! 

Edited by campbell

Writing him off after only 2 games :facepalm: No wonder players lose form so quick at this club and find it hard to recover!

I thought he had a decent match at Fir Park.

About time we encouraged our players because I think we have a good team. Our problem is in the dugout.

2 minutes ago, jambogaza said:

Sportscene highlights seemed to suggest he was having to cover Clare constantly, who just wasn't tracking the game at all.

Clare was a passenger? Colour me surprised. 

1 hour ago, Preston Jambo said:

He's been out of first team action for a year so will obviously take time to get up to speed. Despite that I think he's looked pretty good.

He's been caught out a couple of times in front of our area due to his rustiness which has cost us. 

Aston Villas banjo playing superstar has done this in just about every game he has played for Scotland but luckily for him we got away with it and he's worth 50Million apparently!

I didn't rate McGinn at Hibs barely done ****all in derbies but down at Villa he has been immense. I have 2 good mates from my Army days that are Villa ST holders and they said hes one of their best signings in last decade. 

I think playing alongside shite and being coached by absolute huddies in the Scotland setup has an impact on a player. Sometimes when you get "caught" it's because no one has given an option.

This place really is getting worse.

I reckon the knuckle draggers that populate the so called Hearts fans groups on Facebook have decided that they need to promote their views on here more vociferously to get rid of Levein/Budge. Every thread in the Terrace is the same folk spouting the same pish. 

upgotheheads

Against Ross County Damour had possession just inside our half, dithered with the ball instead of passing it , lost possession and within about 30 seconds  Ross County had the ball in our box and scored.

Exactly the same thing happened today for Celtic's second goal.

For the most part he had a decent game today but if he's going to cost us a goal a game then what do we do? 

Hot since 86
9 minutes ago, graygo said:

I reckon the knuckle draggers that populate the so called Hearts fans groups on Facebook have decided that they need to promote their views on here more vociferously to get rid of Levein/Budge. Every thread in the Terrace is the same folk spouting the same pish. 

Do you think things are going well?

cardboardcutout

Movement off the ball prevents most dispossessions, our runs are non existent so players get caught out

rudi must stay
2 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Will be yet another one to add to the shite column.

Can't agree there. He's a free transfer, so he didn't star v a Celtic midfield that's worth many millions, that's not a shock. He's a good player that will be a useful addition, there were times he looked tidy in possession but he did go down abit easy, you don't get those at Parkhead

27 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Against Ross County Damour had possession just inside our half, dithered with the ball instead of passing it , lost possession and within about 30 seconds  Ross County had the ball in our box and scored.

For the most part he had a decent game today but if he's going to cost us a goal a game then what do we do? 

I would reckon he'll learn, not used to Scottish football and having no time on the ball.

If he is a good player like I said he will learn ....

Horatio Caine
35 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

I must have missed Ross County scoring. Oops.

Unknown user
8 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

That's weird, me too. Must be one of those simultaneous blinking incidents you hear so much about. 

49 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

We must have got our point for being particularly smartly turned out then:whistling:

4 minutes ago, Smithee said:

That's weird, me too. Must be one of those simultaneous blinking incidents you hear so much about. 

😂😂😂

1 hour ago, graygo said:

Yep. 

So, we’ve got Budge, Levein, Berra, Clare, Damour, Pereira GTF threads today. 

Two weeks ago ago it was Uche GTF, played half decent today so he’s alright again. 

It’s feckin embarrassing. 

1 hour ago, upgotheheads said:

I was at the Ross County game and I could have sworn it finished 0-0. 

Just make up stories why don’t you? 

13 minutes ago, jambogemz said:

Let's give the guy a chance FFS.

Are we talking about Damour or upgotheheads? I would get rid of the latter immediately. Talks crap, can’t follow the game, loses the plot, in fact doesn’t even know the score ! 

1 hour ago, Hot since 86 said:

Do you think things are going well?

On the pitch up to now? No, I would be shocked if anyone thought they are going well.

1 hour ago, upgotheheads said:

Find out why an opponent can win the ball just inside our half and then have it in our net within about 30 seconds.

Unless you think we should just stop losing the ball.

Edited by graygo

upgotheheads
10 hours ago, Horatio Caine said:

:facepalm: Aye! I forgot they missed the penalty.

11 hours ago, DG_HMFC said:

Writing him off after only 2 games :facepalm: No wonder players lose form so quick at this club and find it hard to recover!

I thought he had a decent match at Fir Park.

About time we encouraged our players because I think we have a good team. Our problem is in the dugout.

Absolutely this. Some of our supporters are utterly contemptible these days.

10 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Yep. 

So, we’ve got Budge, Levein, Berra, Clare, Damour, Pereira GTF threads today. 

Two weeks ago ago it was Uche GTF, played half decent today so he’s alright again. 

It’s feckin embarrassing. 

It pains me to say it, genuinely it does. Unfortunately though, we have some of the most ignorant supporters on the planet supporting us nowadays.

indianajones
2 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

It pains me to say it, genuinely it does. Unfortunately though, we have some of the most ignorant supporters on the planet supporting us nowadays.

Personally I think it's hard to blame/judge players in our current situation. Every single player will benefit from a change of management. They are leaderless at the moment and are being hung out to dry with some of the worst dinosaur age tactics going. 

1 hour ago, indianajones said:

Personally I think it's hard to blame/judge players in our current situation. Every single player will benefit from a change of management. They are leaderless at the moment and are being hung out to dry with some of the worst dinosaur age tactics going. 

I think it's unfair to judge players on so few matches, in Loic's case. I don't really agree about the tactics thing, but i also don't really regard you as one of the lunatics either. You understandably are not happy with performances and results. I am not happy about a few of the results and performances this season either, but I believe the reasons for those results and performances are different.

afanderson33

I thought Damour was poor on first viewing but the video highlighting his covering of Clare has changed my mind, he was basically covering two positions. 

He dawdled a bit for goal two but McGregor should have been closed down. 

3 minutes ago, afanderson33 said:

I thought Damour was poor on first viewing but the video highlighting his covering of Clare has changed my mind, he was basically covering two positions. 

He dawdled a bit for goal two but McGregor should have been closed down. 

Clare’s poor positional sense and lack of tracking back was highlighted on sportscene