Loic Damour signs for 4 years (subject to international clearance)

TheAntiHibee

Portable Badger
1 hour ago, DG_HMFC said:

Naismith, Washington and Walker will have a field-day with this boy in the middle. His ability to win the ball and find a runner will cause teams all sorts of problems.

Totally agree - we now need the rest of the team to be runners !!  We will need to be more attacking/transition minded when in possession otherwise it'll be the usual sideways/backwards stuff

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Bazzas right boot

• Jambo 4 Ever

• BarneyBattles44

YouLetYourClubDie
16 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Damour looks like a direct replacement for Djoum, in my opinion. Get a feeling that he will be an upgrade, an expectation that may be quickly disappointed tomorrow!

Hopefully until Haring comes back from injury or we sign someone else he can play that role and allow Clare or Irving to push further forward. That is good to know though 👍

2 hours ago, Jammy T said:

This lad covers every blade of grass in a game. Fans are going to love him - talented and also a grafter.

Not difficult on our pitch.

Not seen much comment on him today.

Thought he had a very promising debut given how little he has played.

Broke attacks up well and tidy passing very few wasted.

One of the VERY FEW plus's in today,s performance.

2 minutes ago, merrymac said:

Not seen much comment on him today.

Thought he had a very promising debut given how little he has played.

Broke attacks up well and tidy passing very few wasted.

One of the VERY FEW plus's in today,s performance.

Damour and White were the positives from today. 👍

1 minute ago, steven_mck said:

White looked promising -once he gets a few games under his belt should be a cracker.

At least looked like he was trying today unlike some others

4 minutes ago, steven_mck said:

I agree....imagine them working under a manager who embraced everything Hearts bring to the table and give players an environment to play to their potential 😩😧😨

6 minutes ago, steven_mck said:

Footballing ability hasn't been coached out of them yet.

2 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Footballing ability hasn't been coached out of them yet.

Bit like last season great for first few games when players were new - then ???? injuries aside of course.

Injured himself when taking a corner leading to his substitution. He eventually got to his feet but didn't flex or extend his ankle when getting back into position. Any word on his condition?

14 minutes ago, stan said:

Injured himself when taking a corner leading to his substitution. He eventually got to his feet but didn't flex or extend his ankle when getting back into position. Any word on his condition?

Just cramp mate.  Think he’ll be fine. 

He done well today.  Felt for him a bit.  We sign a ball playing midfielder and decide to hoof every ball over his head.  Clueless!!

I thought he looked pretty good on Saturday. Tackled well and used the ball effectively.

The thing that baffled me was why he ended up taking corners and free kicks.  Given the priority given to set pieces in training why was someone who had barely met the squad given that responsibility? 

Bazzas right boot
12 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

I thought he looked pretty good on Saturday. Tackled well and used the ball effectively.

The thing that baffled me was why he ended up taking corners and free kicks.  Given the priority given to set pieces in training why was someone who had barely met the squad given that responsibility? 

Fair point. 

1 hour ago, gnasher75 said:

Fair point but ironically his corners and free kicks were quite good.

Could tell he lacked a bit of match fitness and sharpness but showed signs he will be a good player for us, looked quite composed on the ball which we have been lacking! 

...a bit disco
7 minutes ago, Barack said:

Thought Walker would be a fairly sure thing for them. 

We know he sometimes managed to hit a dead ball. 

Adjusted.

A_A wehatethehibs

Well he’s not been labelled a dud by the fans yet and that’s him played 1 game, so by Hearts standards he is off to an absolute flyer 

If this guy turns out to be seriously good, it could turn things round very quickly for Levein and Hearts. Hope for the best 

The White Cockade
1 hour ago, gnasher75 said:

probably decided himself when he saw how bad our delivery was

Have watched most games this season and Sean Clare has taken most of the free kicks and corners

have yet to see one actually go to one of our players

most of our corners / free kicks end up as starting attacks for the opposition

that cost us the game at Pittodrie

we push Berra Halkett etc in the box and the ball generally goes nowhere near them

read an article recently on Fergie and Jock Stein

Said they talked very little about tactics and formations but tried to boost their player confidence

and get them to play to their strengths and get forward and support each other

that's what we need as the players seem lost just now

BarneyBattles44

Loic looked like he was born Destined to play for us n absolute steal the way he gets about the park n slots in as a perfect partner for Haring n Halkett. Not to forget how stylish he looks in our kit. A star is born let him shine . A 10/10 for a lad that has missed out on playing a lot of big time football matches since moving up a league CL EPL. His injury maybe due to lack of game time. Loic's value to us will rise when Haring returns possibly late this month early September. 

Edited by BarneyBattles44

6 minutes ago, BarneyBattles44 said:

Loic looked like he was born Destined to play for us n absolute steal the way he gets about the park n slots in as a perfect partner for Haring n Halkett. Not to forget how stylish he looks in our kit. A star is born let him shine . A 10/10 for a lad that has missed out on playing a lot of big time football matches since moving up a league CL EPL. His injury maybe due to lack of game time. Loic's value to us will rise when Haring returns possibly late this month early September. 

AND 

BarneyBattles44
13 minutes ago, Victorian said:

AND 

I apologize for the drama I mean gramma the stammer . And thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Sagan said:

Thought's on him so far?

Good test for him today.

Hopefully he'll pass with flying colours.  

Made a mistake in the lead up  for the Motherwell goal last week, but other than that I thought he looked good.

I think once he gets upto speed re fitness and tempo we will have a diamond on our hands....seen enough re his awareness and technique against Ross County to show his potential....

2 minutes ago, GavK1012 said:

I think once he gets upto speed re fitness and tempo we will have a diamond on our hands....seen enough re his awareness and technique against Ross County to show his potential....

I think so. Looks like an intelligent player but not yet up to speed. 

I only saw him against Motherwell. He lost the ball before their goal but other than that, he looked composed and showed some nice touches and passes.

It'll be interesting to see whether he can add a bit more dynamism to his play once he's fully up to speed. 

3 hours ago, Sagan said:

Thought's on him so far?

Good test for him today.

Hopefully he'll pass with flying colours.  

Too early to say, he hasn’t played much football in the past year so will probs take time for him to get up to speed. No point judging him seriously until November time. Based on the limited bits we have seen he looks alright tho. 

Gordon Ramsay

Really don't think this guy is very good. Seen 2 and a half games of him and all he's done is give the opposition 2 goals. 

"hearts have 2 up now, which will be a bit of a handful for the celtic defenders"

Aye, Even us gimps on the internet could of told ye that. 

Bring on Shankland lol. 

Shit, wrong thread haha

Edited by Sagan

Toxteth O'Grady
22 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Really don't think this guy is very good. Seen 2 and a half games of him and all he's done is give the opposition 2 goals. 

Not looking promising, is it?

not really sure judging a guy on a couple of games after hes played very little football for a year is the way ahead. Whelan didn't score a hat trick today. Hes shite! Get rid!

pettigrewsstylist

If hes not ready then dont play him. Sick of our first 11 being a long term recovery, physio, confidence building class where the first yr of contract is written off by apologists as some kind of free pass for crap.

45 minutes ago, adam1998 said:

Brilliant - writing our new guys off already - there are just no words to describe you 😂

Levein must go.