Loic Damour signs for 4 years (subject to international clearance)

TheAntiHibee

4 minutes ago, feej said:

Its mentioned on their transfer news blog, 18.14

Cheers.

’Hearts will try and complete the signing...’

I was hoping for something more definitive but given the way the weeks gone I should have known better.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Bazzas right boot

• Jambo 4 Ever

• BarneyBattles44

Nookie Bear
1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

The myth thread is elsewhere. 

Stats proved we were the 3rd least hoofball team in the entire league. 

Proper staticians, not just slavers. 

Research, data and stuff. 

Stats proved we played 3rd least successful passes over 35 yards actually. 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Nookie Bear said:

Stats proved we played 3rd least successful passes over 35 yards actually. 

Just as well we never went long that much then, 3rd least. 

Liquid football. 

3 minutes ago, Whatever said:

Cheers.

’Hearts will try and complete the signing...’

I was hoping for something more definitive but given the way the weeks gone I should have known better.

At least it's not dead.

I would imagine that if Damour was going to sign, it would be tomorrow. 

English window is shut, so the chance of a big money move has gone? (not sure when the foreign windows shut)

I think we can forget about Whelan now (although he's a free agent, it seems to have gone on for too long) and come friday night, we can forget about Damour as well. 

Just my opinion. 

Edited by Sagan

Coburg Hearts
1 hour ago, Taffin said:

I'm not saying it's necessarily incorrect what it said, just that it didn't prove anything either way as there was insufficient information provided alongside it.

For the league we play in I don't think we are too bad for long ball. In a wider sense, we are still pretty bad for it and the league as a whole could do with improving in that regard.

I may not agree entirely with the above post, but I can respect it.  Some posts, however, seem to be mocking the opinion that Hearts may not be a hoof-ball team. Why on earth would any Hearts fan want to mock them? I don't get it.

3 minutes ago, SUTOL said:

2 year deal with 1 year option. 

It will be done tomorrow, by 6pm. 

Good news.  

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
3 minutes ago, SUTOL said:

So not a loan? :wow:

Fantastic.

5 minutes ago, SUTOL said:

2 year loan... hmmm.

Just now, SUTOL said:

UK time Doug. 😉

I know.  Brilliant news to waken up to.  Have to think that the Whelan deal is off.  Dragged on too long.  Plenty of time left in the window though.

Byyy The Light
30 minutes ago, Sagan said:

I would imagine that if Damour was going to sign, it would be tomorrow. 

English window is shut, so the chance of a big money move has gone? (not sure when the foreign windows shut)

I think we can forget about Whelan now (although he's a free agent, it seems to have gone on for too long) and come friday night, we can forget about Damour as well. 

Just my opinion. 

Re Whelan, I’m hoping he was waiting to see what his options were down south and once the window is closed he’ll sign with us.

i know he’s a free agent but it may be that interested clubs were trying to move people on to free up space etc and it never happened.

Have no problem with him keeping his options open and not making Hearts his number 1 priority. Especially when it’s potentially his last contract. 

upgotheheads
6 minutes ago, SUTOL said:

Doesn't he have a year left on his contract with Cardiff? That would mean Cardiff would have payed up his contract (or most of it).

http://www.deadlinenews.co.uk/2019/08/08/hearts-set-to-complete-the-signing-of-loic-damour-on-friday-as-discussions-over-cardiff-release-continue-transfer-news-deadline-day-neil-warnock/

HEARTS expect to complete the signing of Cardiff City midfielder Loic Damour on a permanent deal in time for their Premiership clash against Ross County.

The 28-year-old was initially offered to the Jambos on a season-long loan after falling out of favour with the Bluebirds, with reports suggesting those terms were all but agreed.

However, the clubs were locked in talks throughout Thursday as the Jambos pushed to secure the former France under-20 international outright.

That would require Cardiff to either annul the final year of Damour’s contract or accept a modest fee for his services, with Hearts not in a position to pay a significant transfer sum

Nevertheless, sources close to the discussions were confident that an agreement will be struck by Friday.

Damour was due to arrive in Edinburgh on Thursday evening for advanced contract talks and, barring any unforeseen hitches, will become their fifth summer signing on Friday. He could make a whirlwind debut against the Highlanders at Tynecastle.

There was interest in Damour from his homeland, where he has previously turned out for Strasbourg, Boulogne and Frejus Saint-Raphael, but the player wanted to remain in British football.

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

All fair points and I agree in general, but without any information to contradict it, the point stands in reply to that particular poster. 

Failing to disprove something someone says doesn't mean they've proven what they said to be true; but it doesn't really matter as I don't really disagree with his point either...just the assertion there was stats to prove it when really there is nothing of the sort (either way)

19 minutes ago, Coburg Hearts said:

I may not agree entirely with the above post, but I can respect it.  Some posts, however, seem to be mocking the opinion that Hearts may not be a hoof-ball team. Why on earth would any Hearts fan want to mock them? I don't get it.

I'd imagine the first person to mock anyone about that (certainly on this thread) will have been from the 'other side' demeaning the intellect of those who don't accept the holy grail article 

I'd go back and quote the post but I'm sure you can find it for yourself.

This in turn provokes people to mock and demean in return. It's quite sad really, we should be able to disagree and debate in a more civilized fashion.

Coburg Hearts
4 minutes ago, Taffin said:

I'd imagine the first person to mock anyone about that (certainly on this thread) will have been from the 'other side' demeaning the intellect of those who don't accept the holy grail article 

I'd go back and quote the post but I'm sure you can find it for yourself.

This in turn provokes people to mock and demean in return. It's quite sad really, we should be able to disagree and debate in a more civilized fashion.

I'm not sure, Taffin, but at least they're not mocking the team they support, unlike so many on most threads seem to delight in. (I realize not all of them are Hearts fans)

Loic seems to play the game  with a great attitude and work rate and our fans will take to him. It looks like going through and would be exciting signing, we have been missing midfield drive, energy and attacking intend. Loic can provide that, hopefully rubbing off on those around him and our youngsters.

5 minutes ago, Deans-Hearts said:

Is he a defensive midfielder or more of creative player?

More an all round midfielder I think

Just now, Skacelsid said:

Loic seems to play the game  with a great attitude and work rate and our fans will take to him. It looks like going through and would be exciting signing, we have been missing midfield drive, energy and attacking intend. Loic can provide that, hopefully rubbing off on those around him and our youngsters.

If we are to play are more open game, esp at home, you need a centre midfield with the ability, positional awareness and capabilities to get back in defensively very quickly.  

Damour sounds like he’d bring this, even Whelan if he came to Hearts. You can’t have a centre midfield who read things too late when we lose the ball and get countered. To have someone who can cover ground but read the game could make a huge difference. 

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
1 hour ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

That’s the crux of it for me. Basically you piss with the cock you’ve got. 

So you're saying we have to punt it up the park?

Robbie Neilson done quite well pissing with someone else's cock then although I don't know how that's possible. Perhaps you can tell me? 

Saying we don't play a horrible brand of football without Naismith in the team is crazy as I believe you have probably witnessed most of the shit we've had to sit through recently.

Levein gave up half way through last season and started blaming the refs for everything to deflect how utterly shite he had us playing. He basically chucked in the towel until the cup final.

Hopefully with Damour signing and Walker back we will actually attempt to play football if Naismith gets injured. At least there will be no excuses if we don't get Europe this season.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
1 minute ago, vegas-voss said:

More an all round midfielder I think

I agree and that's exactly what we need.

Unknown user
4 hours ago, Jamhammer said:

My first thought when I saw all the slides. Can pick out a pass and seems to have a wee bit swagger about him. I like a bit Swagger.

From that clip I also took the fact that someone started from the bottom but now they're here and they like to use the N Word, a lot

Drake, shite

21 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Warnock and Levein good chums,  I'm sure they can cook up something 

They owe us after getting Paterson for peanuts.

BarneyBattles44

Before yesterday I'd no clue on Damour. The last few hours I've caught up through various news sites read good reports on his abilities . Seem he has been unlucky missing out on EPL football n is highly rated for a lad who hasn't featured in top team football since a stand out 2 seasons ago. He's got it all needs Us as We need him. Yes Yes Yes.

You dont always get what you want you get what you need.

FREE

11 minutes ago, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

Robbie Neilson done quite well pissing with someone else's cock then although I don't know how that's possible. Perhaps you can tell me? 

Saying we don't play a horrible brand of football without Naismith in the team is crazy as I believe you have probably witnessed most of the shit we've had to sit through recently.

Levein gave up half way through last season and started blaming the refs for everything to deflect how utterly shite he had us playing. He basically chucked in the towel until the cup final.

Hopefully with Damour signing and Walker back we will actually attempt to play football if Naismith gets injured. At least there will be no excuses if we don't get Europe this season.

No, I’m saying that just like pretty much every other team in our league, we do from time to time. Just nowhere near as often as the fans of other clubs like to make out, and many of our more dim-witted fans have started to parrot.

13 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Drake, shite

Is that what Drake sounds like?

I’ll stick to Duck

Cruyff Turn
35 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Warnock and Levein good chums,  I'm sure they can cook up something 

From the same family of Dinosaur apparently. 😌

Pasquale for King
26 minutes ago, Deans-Hearts said:

Is he a defensive midfielder or more of creative player?

Back on topic, yes he can play both positions apparently but is better at the defensive work.

Just now, Smithee said:

Canadian rap. Crap for short  

Aye my daughter stays over there and has mentioned him. Prefer The Sheepdogs 

BarneyBattles44
2 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Damour will be class. 

But it does that mean no Glenn Whelan? 

GW got his own thread 

Bazzas right boot
45 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Failing to disprove something someone says doesn't mean they've proven what they said to be true; but it doesn't really matter as I don't really disagree with his point either...just the assertion there was stats to prove it when really there is nothing of the sort (either way)

Yip, but if you are going to make a point and like he does and pass it off as something that is true, it is better to have something ( or anything) to back it up, especially when the comment is  off topic and has the purpose of having a wee dig at the style of play employed by our manager.

He doesn't, he has nada, therefore although my point is not 100% fact, it has far more substance in debating the  point  than a off the cuff  comment that has absolutely no substance or foundation, but is used to score points and create arguments between Hearts fans.

Edited by Smith's right boot

Looks like the club have looked for proper quality this season. If this comes off it’s a really big boost for everyone 

Byyy The Light
27 minutes ago, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

Neilson in the championship fair enough. In the top league it was no different from what it is now.

BarneyBattles44
Just now, Cruyff Turn said:

That’s me telt. 

The Off Topic Brigade would of told you

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
11 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

No, I’m saying that just like pretty much every other team in our league, we do from time to time. Just nowhere near as often as the fans of other clubs like to make out, and many of our more dim-witted fans have started to parrot.

We were bad for it last week with Dikamona being the worst culprit. Our players come to life when Naismith comes on and we start attempting to actually play football. We were the exact same as the last time we played at Aberdeen. Not good enough for me although I'll accept we were against a good Aberdeen side. More work needs to be done on the training pitch. Too many sidewards passes and punting it for Uche. 

That's not from me being 'dim-witted' or listening to other fans. I'm very much aware of what's happening when Naismith isn't on the pitch, not like some who think two 6th place finishes were down to just bad luck.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
7 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

Neilson in the championship fair enough. In the top league it was no different from what it is now.

We hardly punted the ball when Neilson was in charge. Sidewards passes usually resulted in a pass into midfield, not an aimless punt upfield.

Byyy The Light
2 minutes ago, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

We hardly punted the ball when Neilson was in charge. Sidewards passes usually resulted in a pass into midfield, not an aimless punt upfield.

We obviously remember it differently. Felt at times we’d be as well taking the goals down. Just as slow and laboured under Robbie as just now 

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to Loic Damour signs for 4 years (subject to international clearance)