Loic Damour signs for 4 years (subject to international clearance)

TheAntiHibee

29 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Transfer window dates relate to buying players only. Cardiff can sell anyone they want at any time. 

5pm is the official end of the English transfer window.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Bazzas right boot

• Jambo 4 Ever

• BarneyBattles44

Jambosteve1902
1 minute ago, mitch41 said:

or Purchasing players. yes selling can happen until our windows closed.

2 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

For the EPL and Championship buying attached players.

NaturalOrder74

Don’t think we’re getting him today then might be tomorrow would be a cracking bit of business anyway 

40 minutes ago, Mort said:

All i can take from that clip is that he will be sent off within 5 minutes of playing Celtic, for even daring to breathe near Scott Brown.

My first thought when I saw all the slides. Can pick out a pass and seems to have a wee bit swagger about him. I like a bit Swagger.

From that clip I also took the fact that someone started from the bottom but now they're here and they like to use the N Word, a lot

4 minutes ago, Jambosteve1902 said:

or Purchasing players. yes selling can happen until our windows closed.

What about loan deals, can they go through after 5pm ?

Absolute Scenes
3 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Hows Damour deal looking today Notts? Is he going to be eligible for Saturday if he does sign?

Jambosteve1902
1 minute ago, Disco Ball said:

What about loan deals, can they go through after 5pm ?

out of clubs yeah not in. so cardiff can loan players out to us after they're window yeah.

Just now, Jambosteve1902 said:

out of clubs yeah not in. so cardiff can loan players out to us after they're window yeah.

Thats good news ... because I heard this was a loan deal

10 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

It isn’t. It’s the close of the registration window for EPL and EFL Championship clubs only. They cannot register any players after 5pm today. They can free or sell players after 5pm today. EFL leagues 1&2 registration window closes same day as ours ie 2 September. After these dates clubs can only register players that were free agents on those specific dates. 

Edited by soonbe110

Inch Hearts
23 minutes ago, Doc Rob said:

Yeah, in reality it’s not a transfer window but a registration window. You can do transfer business whenever you like, but there are only certain periods when you can register a new player with your association.

Although they can still sign free agents?

Great info, I thought once the window was closed there couldn’t be any more loans apart to L1 and L2.  👍

8 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Hows Damour deal looking today Notts? Is he going to be eligible for Saturday if he does sign?

Not a clue to be honest. He was up yesterday and it's unlike Banderson to tweet or write anything without the club knowing. Local journalists don't want to burn bridges.

BarneyBattles44
3 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

They’ve added two CHs this summer,I think that was just a rumour.

my comment was in reply to another posters post that mentioned Soapy. I did say later ie later date. Thanks for your informed post

Absolute Scenes
6 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Not a clue to be honest. He was up yesterday and it's unlike Banderson to tweet or write anything without the club knowing. Local journalists don't want to burn bridges.

Cheers mate

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

This is the signing I love us to make if I had to choose one. Would help massively to curb Levein's obsession with 90's hoofball tactics.

46 minutes ago, Gav M said:

I think when it's cross border from England to Scotland it's pretty straight forward. But you still have to take in to account the SFA, who will probably be to busy dealing with everything and anything as long as it's not us registering a player!

Most likely congratulating Peter Lawell for getting £25m for Tierney

Unless your Scott Sinclair. 

1 hour ago, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

Thought he looked great when he came on at Pittodrie. Give him time.

I agree. That turn and shot he had that just went past the post showed something our strikers haven’t had for a while- an eye for goal. 

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

This is the signing I love us to make if I had to choose one. Would help massively to curb Levein's obsession with 90's hoofball tactics.

The myth thread is elsewhere. 

Stats proved we were the 3rd least hoofball team in the entire league. 

Proper staticians, not just slavers. 

Research, data and stuff. 

1 hour ago, OmiyaHearts said:

I did. Your response was about Betfred - which I hadn't mentioned. So you'll appreciate the irrelevance of the post has confused me.

It was about a player that you're championing who hasn't scored a goal in the top level in Scottish Football and failed to lift his team from a section that included East Fife, Cowdenbeath and Stenhousemuir.

4 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

I liked the bit where they reached a consensus amongst themselves that we were still a hoofball team, and it was the definition of “hoof” that was wrong. :lol:

44 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

"Attached", like married? 

17 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

It didn't prove anything as I recall. A "proper statistician" would have a field day with what was presented. Happy to be shown otherwise.

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
11 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

I liked the bit where they reached a consensus amongst themselves that we were still a hoofball team, and it was the definition of “hoof” that was wrong. :lol:

if souttar and Berra exchanged 9 passes on the edge of our own box before one of them hoofed it up to uche did these proper stats return a hoof ratio of 10% or were they a bit more sophisticated than that ?

18 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

You can play 99 passes across the back before 1 hoof up the park and stats will say we don’t play hoofball, Stats can say whatever you want them to!

Oops, should have known better than to pick at that particular scab.

Sorry chaps, we are hoofier than the great wildebeest migrations in the Rift Valley.

3 minutes ago, Ribble said:

You can play 99 passes across the back before 1 hoof up the park and stats will say we don’t play hoofball, Stats can say whatever you want them to!

It also didn't define what a long pass was and more crucially showed we only played 10% less 'long passes' passes per 90 mins than the second worst in our league...a league that played the 3rd highest amount of long passes on Europe. Still feels pretty long ball to me.

I'm sure the original data would have cleared it up and potentially would have shown us to be the short crisp passer some envisage us to be but the EEN article they all quoted never delved into such detail.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
41 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Take it you never watched the Aberdeen game until Naismith came on. Pass around the back and then hoof. Don't argue because that's exactly what happened

Bazzas right boot
21 minutes ago, Taffin said:

It didn't prove anything as I recall. A "proper statistician" would have a field day with what was presented. Happy to be shown otherwise.

It's more valid than anything else I've seen on here. 

Do you have other data,if so, please feel free to present it. 

Also having watched all the other teams, I'd argue we play no less hoofball than most. 

In fact, at Tynecastle hibs, Aberdeen and Killie on both their visits to tynecastle played far more hoofball than us, unfortunately it worked for killie and Hibs. 

So in my experience of the match day and the only stats I've seen, we played far less hoofball than most. 

Be pleased to see other data saying different?

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
16 minutes ago, Taffin said:

It also didn't define what a long pass was and more crucially showed we only played 10% less 'long passes' passes per 90 mins than the second worst in our league...a league that played the 3rd highest amount of long passes on Europe. Still feels pretty long ball to me.

I'm sure the original data would have cleared it up and potentially would have shown us to be the short crisp passer some envisage us to be but the EEN article they all quoted never delved into such detail.

defining stuff - sit down mate leave it to the experts on here

proper stats 

:lol:

Bazzas right boot
39 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

It's nonesense. 

Relative to Scotland we are in no way hoofball side. 

Ofc, a good or effective side can be debated, that's different. 

Killie, for one were very "direct". 

Aberdeen and Hibs at Tynecastle done nothing but skelp it 50 yards all game. 

The only stats out shown we were not a hoofball side. 

I Think folk on here think punters at Pittodrie, Easter road, rugby park, Perth and the likes are watching total football. 

I blame sky, actually I don't. 

15 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

I Think folk on here think punters at Pittodrie, Easter road, rugby park, Perth and the likes are watching total football. 

They do, some of them at least. Aberdeen are a brutal side to watch, Hamilton-esque. Hibs look absolutely atrocious too. Still at least their supporters don’t make out their teams are the worst for hoofball like ours do. Tragic the way some Hearts supporters get led about by fans of other clubs.

Edited by Icon of Symmetry

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, BarneyBattles44 said:

my comment was in reply to another posters post that mentioned Soapy. I did say later ie later date. Thanks for your informed post

You did indeed, it’s unlikely they will come in for him at all now though with another two CHs that they spent millions on and gave shree year deals to.

30 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Dont think Damour or Whelan are signing.

Would certainly feel like a kick in the teeth at this stage if neither of them signed.

Bazzas right boot
36 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Lhevein oot! 

39 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Stab in the dark?

BarneyBattles44
14 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

You did indeed, it’s unlikely they will come in for him at all now though with another two CHs that they spent millions on and gave shree year deals to.

Thanks

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, Doc Rob said:

Yeah, in reality it’s not a transfer window but a registration window. You can do transfer business whenever you like, but there are only certain periods when you can register a new player with your association.

You can register a free agent signing at any point if they’ve not been released after whatever window their club is tied to. Tony Watt was released in February 2018 but couldn’t sign for anyone until summer of that year.

55 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

It's more valid than anything else I've seen on here. 

Do you have other data,if so, please feel free to present it. 

Also having watched all the other teams, I'd argue we play no less hoofball than most. 

In fact, at Tynecastle hibs, Aberdeen and Killie on both their visits to tynecastle played far more hoofball than us, unfortunately it worked for killie and Hibs. 

So in my experience of the match day and the only stats I've seen, we played far less hoofball than most. 

Be pleased to see other data saying different?

I'm not saying it's necessarily incorrect what it said, just that it didn't prove anything either way as there was insufficient information provided alongside it.

For the league we play in I don't think we are too bad for long ball. In a wider sense, we are still pretty bad for it and the league as a whole could do with improving in that regard.

3 minutes ago, Taffin said:

For the league we play in I don't think we are too bad for long ball. In a wider sense, we are still pretty bad for it and the league as a whole could do with improving in that regard.

That’s the crux of it for me. Basically you piss with the cock you’ve got. 

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, Taffin said:

I'm not saying it's necessarily incorrect what it said, just that it didn't prove anything either way as there was insufficient information provided alongside it.

All fair points and I agree in general, but without any information to contradict it, the point stands in reply to that particular poster. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to Loic Damour signs for 4 years (subject to international clearance)