Loic Damour signs for 4 years (subject to international clearance)

TheAntiHibee

Jambo 4 Ever
1 minute ago, kimosavi said:

Washington stays fit, uche Will improve with Naismith in there. Agreed another striker I'd like but with Damour in there with Whelan you've got a very good side. Uche, Washington and Mclean will get goals with decent service 

i like your optimism but not feeling it

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Bazzas right boot

• Jambo 4 Ever

• BarneyBattles44

Heartsofgold
4 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

OK, I have to ask.  Just who the hell do you want Hearts to sign with our given player budget?!?!  

Sometimes I wonder about the reality check that we need to have.

Edited by Heartsofgold

6 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

OK, I have to ask.  Just who the hell do you want Hearts to sign with our given player budget?!?!  

It’s a Hamilton thing.

Pasquale for King
19 hours ago, BarneyBattles44 said:

If a Free deal is done on Damour a sweetener may well be first ask on Souttar later.

They’ve added two CHs this summer,I think that was just a rumour.

Byyy The Light
7 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

Wasting your time mate

Jambo 4 Ever
5 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

well we could have signed Shankland....

my point is - i dont think we will be that strong this year

Jambo 4 Ever
3 minutes ago, Morgan said:

It’s a Hamilton thing.

atleast some of us have a life instead of spending all day on here

If only we could get both in, Whelan (short-term replacement for Haring), Damour for Djoum but we still lose Lee and Edwards. If only we had the money to replace them with James Morrison.

Upfront, McPhee reckons Washington can be a 20 goal a season forward. Apparently had his natural instinct for doing that coached out of him at QPR and they hope to get him back to what he was like in his Peterborough days. Uche will do the donkey work freeing up Washington and Naismith. I'd not be bothered if McLean left and Wighton too. If we could replace them with one striker, like Lafferty then we would really have the makings of a good squad while cutting an extra couple of players off the playing staff. Ideally two players for each position.

Zlamal/Doyle

Smith/Brandon

White/Hickey

Berra/Halkett

Souttar/Dikamona

Damour/Whelan

McDonald/C. Morrison

J. Morrison/Haring

Lafferty/Uche

Naismith/Washington

Mulraney/Walker

Tweek the team as needed.

Plenty other sub options in Cochrane, Irving, Keena, Garuccio and others.

Fantasy land yes, but not impossible overall.

1 minute ago, Natural Orders said:

:rofl:

wentworth jambo

Any argument that involves someone offering McLean or Wighton as striking options fails immediately - neither should be anywhere near the first team. Still not 100% on Washingtoon either - he just seems to lack that instinct to finish - a couple of times chances have passed him by cos he wanted a touch before shooting rather than instinctive first time attempt but this could just be a confidence thing. "He makes intelligent runs" is not an argument in my mind for a good striker - the only thing I want a striker to do is score goals.

Captain America
5 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

How many goals has Shankland scored in premier league? 

Jambosteve1902
1 minute ago, wentworth jambo said:

Any argument that involves someone offering McLean or Wighton as striking options fails immediately - neither should be anywhere near the first team. Still not 100% on Washingtoon either - he just seems to lack that instinct to finish - a couple of times chances have passed him by cos he wanted a touch before shooting rather than instinctive first time attempt but this could just be a confidence thing. "He makes intelligent runs" is not an argument in my mind for a good striker - the only thing I want a striker to do is score goals.

Washington is a pure goalscorer who was adapted to play as a wingforward at QPR, he will 100% score goals in this league 

OmiyaHearts
Just now, Captain America said:

Why is that important or even matter?

wentworth jambo
1 minute ago, Jambosteve1902 said:

Washington is a pure goalscorer who was adapted to play as a wingforward at QPR, he will 100% score goals in this league 

His record does not suggest that he is a pure goal scorer - as I said he is still new so will give him time but nothing in early signs  to suggest the above

Jambosteve1902
Just now, OmiyaHearts said:

Why is that important or even matter?

cause its proven players who score in CSHIP can be huddies in the Prem. we've had a fair few.

16 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

I wish my life was as exciting as yours.

29 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

The missing piece of the jigsaw is definitely some dig in midfield. We play a lot better and create more chances with Haring in the team, breaking things up and passing it etc. 

Get a good midfielder or two in to challenge or possibly replace Haring and let's judge the strikers after that. 

I'm optimistic about Walker, Naismith and Washington getting goals. The likes of Mclean and Wighton should only be used as back up now. I wouldn't have them starting any games unless we absolutely have to. 

OmiyaHearts
4 minutes ago, Jambosteve1902 said:

cause its proven players who score in CSHIP can be huddies in the Prem. we've had a fair few.

Well he's scored three goals in three matches against Premiership opposition in last 12 months. A better strike rate than the mysteriously popular Ikpeazu.

6 goals already this season as well. It would have clearly have been worth the risk signing him.

Hackney Hearts
7 minutes ago, Jambosteve1902 said:

Can't think of any who've had anything like the scoring stats that Shankland had at Ayr - but this has been done to death, so better not derail another thread.

Just now, OmiyaHearts said:

Well he's scored three goals in three matches against Premiership opposition in last 12 months. A better strike rate than the mysteriously popular Ikpeazu.

6 goals already this season as well. It would have clearly have been worth the risk signing him.

I like Shankland but I'd file him under Gavin Reilly and James Keatings. Guys who can score goals in the championship where let's face it, it's much easier to get chances and goals. 

There must be a reason why no other bigger clubs took Shankland too although I have heard he is on a fortune at Dundee United.

Jambo 4 Ever
16 minutes ago, Captain America said:

not really the point - i could ask how many has Washington scored in the last 12 months?

Jambo 4 Ever
4 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

this

4 minutes ago, kila said:

I wish my life was as exciting as yours.

You could improve your life fivefold by adding a question mark after every post.  :wink: 

:biggrin:

OmiyaHearts
16 minutes ago, Jambosteve1902 said:

He's not managed to hit the net despite playing three matches against teams in divisions below us . 4 games and not a single goal.

So would it be fair for me to say he will not score goals in this league?

I don't think he's that bad signing (although for the money he's probably on, it's prob not value for money) but we'd be better playing someone up front who's got a habit of putting away chances.

Byyy The Light
22 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

You are new here 

I'm actually not.  Even if I was, it wouldn't take longer than an hour to read through this thread and forum to notice that some people's expectations are bat shit mental when it comes to signings.

6 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

He's not managed to hit the net despite playing three matches against teams in divisions below us . 4 games and not a single goal.

I don't think he's that bad signing (although for the money he's probably on, it's prob not value for money) but we'd be better playing someone up front who's got a habit of putting away chances.

Its not like Lafferty is on a free transfer and wants to come back or anything. Actually would have taken Hemmings as well. 

Mr Elwood P
39 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

As could every other Scottish Premiership club, every English League One Club and every English Championship club. Nobody went in for him and he remains in the Scottish Championship. Yet Hearts have missed this glaringly obvious, golden opportunity?

Regal Kingston
33 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Probably means nout. but Clevid is following Damour on Instagram

Teammates at Bourg Peronnas. 

Hopefully encourages him to sign. 

Mr Elwood P
16 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/latest-hearts-news/big-interview-austin-macphee-reveals-why-conor-washington-can-hit-20-goals-for-hearts-1-4978808

Jambo 4 Ever
1 minute ago, Mr Elwood P said:

As could every other Scottish Premiership club, every English League One Club and every English Championship club. Nobody went in for him and he remains in the Scottish Championship. Yet Hearts have missed this glaringly obvious, golden opportunity?

not talking about other teams.   And we were reportedly "interested" in him

21 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

not really the point - i could ask how many has Washington scored in the last 12 months?

Just do. You know you want to.

3 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Just do. You know you want to.

He’s ‘Itching in Hamilton’.

1 minute ago, Natural Orders said:

the answer is 0

That's it, rip up his contract and move him on, no point in him being here at all then.  Or we could support him and se÷ what he does in the next 12 months

29 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Yeah, his goals got them out that tough Betfred group that included East Fife, Cowbenbeath and Stenhousemuir right enough:laugh:

5 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

I pray he's right but it's hard to be confident in MacPhee's opinion on strikers after the way he talked up someone as ordinary as Isma. Why bother doing press pieces like this, I am not sure I see the value in them. 

1 minute ago, brux said:

That's it, rip up his contract and move him on, no point in him being here at all then.  Or we could support him and se÷ what he does in the next 12 months

be supportive of a player signed by the team you support...... a novel concept for some on here :)

OmiyaHearts

3 minutes ago, Rudolf said:

Yeah, his goals got them out that tough Betfred group that included East Fife, Cowbenbeath and Stenhousemuir right enough:laugh:

Apologies, I don't get your point?

I dont mind the look of Washington but it looks like he does a lot of work away from goal and really not sure he can be classed as the goalscorer we are looking for (here's hoping though). We are still a striker short IMO.

A_A wehatethehibs

14 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

If Conor Washington turns out to be a dud, time to bin McPhee and wheel Gary Locke back down from the Gorgie suite as assistant. There’s a man that knows how to put the cones oot. 

*My point is, McPhee is proper sticking his neck out saying Washington can be a 20 goal striker.

Edited by A_A wehatethehibs

8 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

the answer is 0

:wow:

I didn’t realise it was so few! Questions must be asked.

The Internet

This Shankland thing is getting ****ing dull like. Aye he's scoring goals and we didn't sign him. Let's move on?

OmiyaHearts
11 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

the answer is 0

It's actually 0 in the last 16 months, not 12 months.

Edited by OmiyaHearts

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to Loic Damour signs for 4 years (subject to international clearance)