Loic Damour signs for 4 years (subject to international clearance)

TheAntiHibee

How is ‘Loic’ pronounced? I know his surname is pronounced ‘Boooo, but I’d like to make sure I don’t sound silly when I shout his name at the match.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Bazzas right boot

• Jambo 4 Ever

• BarneyBattles44

4 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Any loan still has terms between Hearts and the player.

Attending training, what he is expected to do to look after himself in his free time, activities with community, accommodation costs etc. 

It was more the trerminology Anderson used in his article that I thought a bit confusing. I was reading that Cardiff were happy to loan him to us for the season but if a permanent deal could be struck then he would be ours.

I thought that generally speaking when a player went out on loan usually the parent club paid a proportion of the players wages and all the player had to do was agree or otherwise.

Just now, Icon of Symmetry said:

How is ‘Loic’ pronounced? I know his surname is pronounced ‘Boooo, but I’d like to make sure I don’t sound silly when I shout his name at the match.

A Brummie saying like.

2 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

It was more the trerminology Anderson used in his article that I thought a bit confusing. I was reading that Cardiff were happy to loan him to us for the season but if a permanent deal could be struck then he would be ours.

I thought that generally speaking when a player went out on loan usually the parent club paid a proportion of the players wages and all the player had to do was agree or otherwise.

I read it as he can leave us permanently and sign for Hearts if he wants to, or on loan if he doesn't want to permanently sign.

Just now, Lovecraft said:

I read it as he can leave us permanently and sign for Hearts if he wants to, or on loan if he doesn't want to permanently sign.

Yes that's what I thought.

BarneyBattles44
1 minute ago, vegas-voss said:

Aye def not an AM 

Played 27 times in their promotion season.

Thanks i didn't view full stats.Thats given me  a totaly different  feeling on him.

He seems to have plenty to add. Very adaptable has a deep goal threat.

Thanks 

BarneyBattles44
9 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Do you think may well be a free on in this. I do. Also a Player going to Cardiff from Us

Edited by BarneyBattles44

3 minutes ago, BarneyBattles44 said:

Do you think may well be a free on in this. I do. Also a Player going to Cardiff from Us

It sounds as if they would be happy to see the back of him but not sure about a player going from us to them. The only player that could be would be Souttar I would imagine.

BarneyBattles44

If a Free deal is done on Damour a sweetener may well be first ask on Souttar later.

Edited by BarneyBattles44

I watched him play a few times in the championship and he’s very good at holding the ball up for other players to run off of him

Robbo-Jambo
40 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Pronounced " Shite " on here after his first game .:greggy:

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, TexasAndy said:

Apparently depends on whether we get Whelan.  The fear in these situations is ending up with neither.  We may need to force a decision from Whelan.

53 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Any loan still has terms between Hearts and the player.

Attending training, what he is expected to do to look after himself in his free time, activities with community, accommodation costs etc. 

... Voting on here to help the numbers on the CL out polls. 

44 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Wait till you find out his squad number and then add “ikuas” to it, like the vlad days! 

Eddie The Eagle

Very decent footballer,  he is very good at winning the ball back and bringing others into the game. Would allow others to play with very good protection. He can also play football and have some pace, Loic would thrive in the SPFL 

Heard about this 3 weeks ago and posted on here which went pretty much unnoticed. I'm still being told the Whelan deal is done. All i was told was he has personal things to sort out down south, and he may not actually move up here as his family are very much settled 

gashauskis9
1 minute ago, Eddie The Eagle said:

Very decent footballer,  he is very good at winning the ball back and bringing others into the game. Would allow others to play with very good protection. He can also play football and have some pace, Loic would thrive in the SPFL 

Heard about this 3 weeks ago and posted on here which went pretty much unnoticed. I'm still being told the Whelan deal is done. All i was told was he has personal things to sort out down south, and he may not actually move up here as his family are very much settled 

Sorry Eddie but that certainly doesn’t constitute a done deal.

2 minutes ago, Eddie The Eagle said:

Do yourself a favour and admit you know absolutely nothing about the deal.

It’s quite clear you’ve been talking shite for the last week.

Looks to have had a bit of an odd career, but played a lot in Cardiff’s promotion season so must have a bit of quality and is a good age.

Glamorgan Jambo

Can't say I can remember anything about him from Cardiff's promotion season as I found the 'Warnockball' absolutely eye bleeding but the guy that does the electrics in the office rates him. 

Eddie The Eagle
13 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Sorry Eddie but that certainly doesn’t constitute a done deal.

Tell you what

if it's not a done deal I'll close my account. When i say done deal i categorically 100% mean its signed by Whelan on a one year deal contract 

Mr Elwood P
1 hour ago, julienbrellier said:

A French international on 20k a week currently??? Can’t see it personally

Played for France u20’s in 2011, not exactly Paul Pogba is he?

3 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Played for France u20’s in 2011, not exactly Paul Pogba is he?

Na, pogba was still in the u19s/u20s in 2011 😁

Edited by Gav M

capital city
1 minute ago, Eddie The Eagle said:

Tell you what

if it's not a done deal I'll close my account. When i say done deal i categorically 100% mean its signed by Whelan on a one year deal contract 

If you have reported what you were told in good faith then ignore the doubters. Deals break down at the last minute all the time. We I'm glad you passed it on even if it doesn't come to anything. Certainly not going to get upset over it. At the end of the day you know what you know. 

gashauskis9
9 minutes ago, Eddie The Eagle said:

Tell you what

Fair enough, but I find it hard to believe that all terms have been 100% agreed when he’s still trying to work out whether to move the family up here.  Surely that would be part of his personal terms which would need to be agreed to before it is a done deal per se?

Not doubting your intentions chief, just think you’ve been a bit too quick off the mark with the conclusion.

Edited by Gashauskis9

On topic, personally if I could choose the two...I’d rather have Morrison and Damour, than Damour and Whelan.

Guest ToqueJambo
4 minutes ago, Deviskan said:

On topic, personally if I could choose the two...I’d rather have Morrison and Damour, than Damour and Whelan.

This x 100. It's good to dream!

HillmanHearts

Seems they are both DM. And we have Haring to come back. Would personally like Whelan rather than Damour and also another more creative CM. 

Edited by HillmanHearts
clarity

3 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

This x 100. It's good to dream!

Highly unlikely though, can’t see how we could afford the wages.

Just think that would be a more dynamic pairing...

14 minutes ago, Deviskan said:

Highly unlikely though, can’t see how we could afford the wages.

Just think that would be a more dynamic pairing...

Read the thread title and try discussing it. You ruin every thread you comment on.

Know nothing about Damour so would be good to hear from anyone that does

Edited by jambo_No5

34 minutes ago, Eddie The Eagle said:

Tell you what

Gawn yersel Eddie ! Right behind ye!

Whelan and Lamour would mean we could play 4-2-3-1 or the old Keane/Ince era 442/4411 with two genuine wingers

Be useful. 

With Jamie and Naismith who can both play as a 10 or an 8, these two would give us lots of tactical flexibility.

• Maple Leaf locked this topic
  • Maple Leaf unlocked this topic
1 hour ago, Eddie The Eagle said:

Loics been known about for longer than 3 weeks 🤷🏻‍♂️

Who_put_the_ball_in...

28 is a decent age and must have done well pre Cardiff to get a move there. I am excited about this one 

Unknown user
3 minutes ago, Who_put_the_ball_in... said:

28 is a decent age and must have done well pre Cardiff to get a move there. I am excited about this one 

I looked him up a couple of weeks ago, never played a top division game in his career before the 2 Cardiff EPL games IIRC. 

Who_put_the_ball_in...
1 minute ago, Smithee said:

I looked him up a couple of weeks ago, never played a top division game in his career before the 2 Cardiff EPL games IIRC. 

I stand corrected 

Unknown user
Just now, Who_put_the_ball_in... said:

I stand corrected 

I reckon he'll be good myself, it wasn't meant as a diss, just something I noticed. 

52 minutes ago, CMc said:

Whelan and Lamour would mean we could play 4-2-3-1 or the old Keane/Ince era 442/4411 with two genuine wingers

Be useful. 

With Jamie and Naismith who can both play as a 10 or an 8, these two would give us lots of tactical flexibility.

That's where I see us heading also

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to Loic Damour signs for 4 years (subject to international clearance)