Leave.EU

Martin_T

So Brexit is only for right wing facist / racists.

Just because the process has been hi-jacked by the right wing, it does not mean there isn’t a left wing case. 

The inference of this post is that anyone who voted for Brexit is a racist and shows exactly why the left has lost the argument for Brexit, mostly due to centralist ‘ I’m alright Jack’ Blairites

28 minutes ago, jambo89 said:

Just because the process has been hi-jacked by the right wing, it does not mean there isn’t a left wing case. 

The inference of this post is that anyone who voted for Brexit is a racist and shows exactly why the left has lost the argument for Brexit, mostly due to centralist ‘ I’m alright Jack’ Blairites

There's no such inference and I understand that there is a left wing argument for Brexit. But it's pretty obvious that those driving it, Farage, Banks, Johnson, Patel, Francois etc are of the populist far right, and if it is successful, it will only serve to empower them further.

Ergo, the driving forces behind Brexit are the far right and it is a movement of that political sphere.

Edited by Martin_T

annushorribilis III
26 minutes ago, jambo89 said:

That's  clearly not what he said. 

22 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

What point are they trying to get across with that video??

Ban the burka for the sake of the supermarkets ?

Shanks said no
40 minutes ago, jake said:

Ban the burka for the sake of the supermarkets ?

but she didn't hide anything on her heid? Could have done exactly the same with a big coat /dress

4 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

but she didn't hide anything on her heid? Could have done exactly the same with a big coat /dress

The Leave.EU people who staged this (and many of the commenters) are so thick they think the burka is all the robes too

Unknown user
3 hours ago, jambo89 said:

No one's saying that, but it's undeniable what side the racists are on. Blame them for tainting the movement, not those who point out it's tainted.

Edited by Smithee

1 hour ago, Smithee said:

No one's saying that, but it's undeniable what side the racists are on. Blame them for tainting the movement, not those who point out it's tainted.

Or alternatively we could blame the centralist’s for allowing the process to be tainted. 

From the very start, the whole Brexit debate has been framed from a right wing perspective and that’s squarely down to the media and so called “left of centre” Labour Party imo. 

It may be tainted but does it matter if the end result is the same? 

Unknown user
1 minute ago, jambo89 said:

Or alternatively we could blame the centralist’s for allowing the process to be tainted. 

From the very start, the whole Brexit debate has been framed from a right wing perspective and that’s squarely down to the media and so called “left of centre” Labour Party imo. 

It may be tainted but does it matter if the end result is the same? 

Well that's another conversation, I'm not particularly into blame in general. All I was saying was the racists are on the side of Brexit, that's why people keep pointing out racism on the side of Brexit and that they're playing to that audience.

The "Oh, so all leavers are racist??" shtick is just rubbish, that's clearly not what's being said and it does the debate no favours to act like it is.

6 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Well that's another conversation, I'm not particularly into blame in general. All I was saying was the racists are on the side of Brexit, that's why people keep pointing out racism on the side of Brexit and that they're playing to that audience.

The "Oh, so all leavers are racist??" shtick is just rubbish, that's clearly not what's being said and it does the debate no favours to act like it is.

Read the original comment

“Brexit is a movement of the racist, fascist far right it would seem”

What else should one infer from that. It’s the exact reasons the left lost the argument for Brexit. ‘If you want to leave, your racist’

I agree the ‘all levers are racist’ shtick is rubbish but it is an accusation thrown around all too often from remainers.

Unknown user
2 minutes ago, jambo89 said:

What else should one infer from that. It’s the exact reasons the left lost the argument for Brexit. ‘If you want to leave, your racist’

I agree the ‘all levers are racist’ shtick is rubbish but it is an accusation thrown around all too often from remainers.

That it's being driven by the right and pandering to the right.

Unknown user
2 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

I know a good number of people, who I would say are racist as ****, who voted remain.

Undoubtably they are older, richer, business people. Who voted for economic reasons as opposed to their personal prejudice. Money the great leveller over prejudice😄

i don’t disagree with the general point but I think it’s a very easy out for many. Whilst it get thrown about far too much imo in the discussion as oppose to actually listening to the point leavers make. 

I would suggest it's a small minority of people who voted for race issues as opposed to the multitude of reasons others felt. 

Plus i suppose racists are entitled to a vote whether we like it or not. Not a lot of options in a binary vote 🤷🏻‍♂️

On the clip I couldn’t really hear it very well (my sinus are ****ed right now) . So it just looked like a women being caught shoplifting and some inaudible noise in the background. Can you give me the gist of what was said? 

All never really means all, we all know that ;)

Unknown user
5 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

I know a good number of people, who I would say are racist as ****, who voted remain.

Undoubtably they are older, richer, business people. Who voted for economic reasons as opposed to their personal prejudice. Money the great leveller over prejudice😄

i don’t disagree with the general point but I think it’s a very easy out for many. Whilst it get thrown about far too much imo in the discussion as oppose to actually listening to the point leavers make. 

I would suggest it's a small minority of people who voted for race issues as opposed to the multitude of reasons others felt. 

Plus i suppose racists are entitled to a vote whether we like it or not. Not a lot of options in a binary vote 🤷🏻‍♂️

On the clip I couldn’t really hear it very well (my sinus are ****ed right now) . So it just looked like a women being caught shoplifting and some inaudible noise in the background. Can you give me the gist of what was said? 

Nothing was really said, but you did see her pants at the end so all good

Unknown user
2 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Well did make me throw up in my mouth a little on seeing that.

Why is connected with the leaving the eu then as opposed to daft shoplifter?

I feel like I’ve missed something, which with my sinuses has been happening a lot over the last few days. I’m sure the missus is going to tell me I have agreed to all manner of shit when I can hear again😔

It wasn't until Leave.EU posted it on their twitter

32 minutes ago, jambo89 said:

The inference is not that all leavers are racist. It is simply that Brexit is a movement very much backed by, and driven by the far right.

Francis Albert

The Brexit vote showed if nothing else deep unease in the country about where the EU is and even more so where it is going on the path to ever closer union. I suspect that extends beyond those who feel strongly enough to vote Leave. The right exploited that. The left (which IMO has a more valid critique of the EU) did not. Not even Labour under a life-long Eurosceptic/opponent is addressing that unease. The right were presented with an open goal.

4 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

The Brexit vote showed if nothing else deep unease in the country about where the EU is and even more so where it is going on the path to ever closer union. I suspect that extends beyond those who feel strongly enough to vote Leave. The right exploited that. The left (which IMO has a more valid critique of the EU) did not. Not even Labour under a life-long Eurosceptic/opponent is addressing that unease. The right were presented with an open goal.

England like to do the telling, that's it.