The Sevco saga continues ...

JamboAl

Jambo-Fox

I wonder if once Ashley sells Newcastle he will be back on the Sevco scene again!

Sevco, “sorry Mike we have no money to pay a settlement for breaching our retail contract. Could you just accept the whole club and all assets instead?”

MA, “OK but I’ll only pay a nominal £0.001 per share and I need an agreement from 90% of all shareholders. Alternatively you can liquidate the company and I’ll try to buy the carcass. Final offer, take it or

leave it”!

Let’s see what happens

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Footballfirst

• Unknown user

• buzzbomb1958

• Mysterion

Ex member of the SaS

castore

19 hours ago, jvm32 said:

Only thing I know about them is they sponsor Andy Murray

They are rather expensive going by their web site. £65 for a pair of shorts? Primark do them much cheaper. Can't see many buying Sevco replica strips if these prices are anything to go by.

https://castore.com/uk/shorts

Edited by Ex member of the SaS

• 3 weeks later...
Dusk_Till_Dawn

How bent is Scottish football? :rofl:**** me, it’s so far beyond blatant it’s reached ‘clear Peter Sutcliffe’ levels 

John Findlay
12 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

You couldnt get a fag paper between the SFA and the SPFL board, as to which is the more bent(corrupt).

ToadKiller Dog

Scottish football the banana republic of the world game . Corrupt as feck and doesnt even pretend to hide it .

Edited by ToadKiller Dog

What's happened to Rangers over the past few days anyway? After all their anger and the investigation vote at the SPFL, I assumed that they would be up in arms about Celtic being handed the trophy. Why have they gone all quiet?

buzzbomb1958
3 minutes ago, redjambo said:

What's happened to Rangers over the past few days anyway? After all their anger and the investigation vote at the SPFL, I assumed that they would be up in arms about Celtic being handed the trophy. Why have they gone all quiet?

Read the above

alwaysthereinspirit
5 minutes ago, redjambo said:

During such times. It's good that one hand washes the other. Keeps things status quo.

Castle rock

It's only fair can't have one of the OF getting a free gift got to make sure both are well looked after.

NO other club matters to the powers that be break all the rules you want and we will sort it for you don't worry

It's the SFA way and will never change

Unless all clubs excluding the erse cheeks stand together but the vermin Dundee and the likes take the weegie pound and the weegie boaby

eyesandears

Lawwell wins again. Masterclass. He's even winning when a result goes in Sevco's favour now

Monday win the league by Zoom conference call. Tick

Tuesday get rid of that irritable Resolution 12 AGM question once and for all. Tick

Wednesday watch this space.

I think this is the last obstacle cleared to Al Pacino playing Craig Whyte in the film. 

Edited by Mikey1874

31 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

sfa trying to bury this news with everything else that is going on

This will be their reward for voting to give Celtic the title and relegate us.

Riccarton3
14 minutes ago, eyesandears said:

Lawwell wins again. Masterclass. He's even winning when a result goes in Sevco's favour now

Monday win the league by Zoom conference call. Tick

Tuesday get rid of that irritable Resolution 12 AGM question once and for all. Tick

Wednesday watch this space.

Is this the one the fans wanted action on but Celtic, as a club, didn't? 

BelgeJambo

Just the child abuse investigation to be swept now and then it will be an urking big fine to us for bringing the game into disrepute 

eyesandears
1 hour ago, Riccarton3 said:

Yep. It was a bugger for the Celtic Board being questioned about what they were going to do about it as, surprise surprise, the celtic fans felt they were victims of a dodgy decision to award Sevco a European licence back then. Lawwell will be glad the SFA have binned it as he can blame the SFA for not pursuing it.

lost in leith
4 hours ago, Riccarton3 said:

That's the one.  Hopefully once the Celtic twitterati sober up from their 8.76 in a row celebrations they will get terribly angry about governance in Scottish football.......

Hagar the Horrible

The GFA has dropped their case against Sevco for a breach of licencing rules over the wee tax case,   I wonder if a trade has been agreed, to step back from the dissapointing dossier?

Tbh outside of Scotland neither are a big club. Failure at European level has ensured that, The current stars in Europe will only play there at the end of their careers, if at all.

jock _turd
6 hours ago, Redhelen said:

Tbh outside of Scotland neither are a big club. Failure at European level has ensured that, The current stars in Europe will only play there at the end of their careers, if at all.

I don't like them BUT you are talking rubbish! If either of these two teams had access to the kind of money there is in the EPL they would be doing much better in the Euro sphere and one of the two has actually won the big un. You have to consider the teams the play against and then look at the numbers of bums they have on seats... not bad at all even compared to 95 % of the EPL. The same of course could be said for some of the other teams in Scotland the major issue is they are starved of funds. You really have to look at some of the teams in the EPL and reassess what you term as big teams there are some tiddlers getting bid money to make them look like they are something.... 

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

I don't like them BUT you are talking rubbish! If either of these two teams had access to the kind of money there is in the EPL they would be doing much better in the Euro sphere and one of the two has actually won the big un. You have to consider the teams the play against and then look at the numbers of bums they have on seats... not bad at all even compared to 95 % of the EPL. The same of course could be said for some of the other teams in Scotland the major issue is they are starved of funds. You really have to look at some of the teams in the EPL and reassess what you term as big teams there are some tiddlers getting bid money to make them look like they are something.... 

Any team in Scotland would be transformed with access to the money in England and would have as much a chance of making Europe through the English league as Celtic or Rangers would. Rangers and Celtic have big crowds but so do Newcastle, Leeds, Sunderland and other clubs that don't win much these days. Pre EPL Sheffield Utd averaged just 3k more or so crowds than us and they're now in a European spot in the EPL.

annushorribilis III
23 hours ago, Riccarton3 said:

Celtic tried to avoid taking any action and then let the clock run out on it. Their fans decided they didn't like this and raised it as a shareholder issue which had cost Celtic millions in lost revenue  - which meant Lawell could no longer ignore it as it was no longer simply a "footballing issue" but an issue which had damaged the company. 

Bazzas right boot
23 hours ago, redjambo said:

Tbh, the club was never against celtic getting the trophy I don't think. 

More about process, the vote and Doncaster I think. 

Riccarton3
2 minutes ago, annushorribilis III said:

Celtic tried to avoid taking any action and then let the clock run out on it. Their fans decided they didn't like this and raised it as a shareholder issue which had cost Celtic millions in lost revenue  - which meant Lawell could no longer ignore it as it was no longer simply a "footballing issue" but an issue which had damaged the company. 

As said above, the timing of this is, what can we say, curious. 

33 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

I am referring to the situnion as it is at present. Money of course will change things, it would for any club. Last time a European cup won 1983? Chelsea, Liverpool, Manchester United all won since then

Unknown user
47 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

She said outside of Scotland, and she's right.

No one except a few expats and their pals are even slightly interested, why would they be?

Rangers - didn't want this

Celtic (board) - didn't want this

Sfa/Spfl - didn't want this

UEFA- didn't want this (probably)

So nobody important wanted this. Ignore the fact a potential multi million fraud may have allegedly happened given the evidence that has come out.

Only non Rangers fans interested in the alleged multi million pound fraud want justice and those allegedly complicit brought to task.

Definitely given the knowns, under oath knowns at that... it deserved an independent review from CAS.

Sweep sweep

Ex member of the SaS

Celtic as a club didn't want to rock the boat as they were balls deep in the whole sorry mess. The fans kept at them and tried to force their hand but Lawwell did his best to string it out. This whole issue stinks of Sevco drop the inquiry and the GFA will drop the EBT issue.

Neither can afford the dirty laundry out in the open.

Hopefully Budge can get things started by taking legal action and force the GFS/SPFL to release all the documents and all the dodgy dealings that lead to us being expelled and maybe with digging bring the whole house of cards crashing down.

On 30/03/2020 at 21:55, Phage said:

Any exit from Admin would mean having 10m ish transfer installments to deal with... or at the least come to a deal with Liverpool etc on the footballing debts.

Close Brothers have security against everything not nailed down. So another 3m+ to them required.

Plus whatever lawyers/administrators fee's. Rough working but to admin away their others debts, cashburn... still looking at someone putting up 20m to save them.

Dead or alive The Rangers is a financial money pit riddled with onerous contracts. Nobody with the financial sense to amass the fortune needed would be putting it into Rangers right now.

Douglas Park is tapped out, other directors wont throw good money after bad. Their goose is cooked. The real game now is who can salvage them from Admin or Liquidation. Would love another liquidation and some turn of events where they can be raised from the dead in time for the next football season.

Also... looks like the shackles are off Keith Jackson and he can print something approaching journalism.

Seems to be similar to another post of 3 years ago but I'm sure this will be more accurate

11 hours ago, jock _turd said:

To be honest, if we had the sort of money available to clubs in the EPL, we'd probably do pretty well too. And we'd be liked a lot more than the bigot brothers.

Hagar the Horrible
16 hours ago, jock _turd said:

I agree, if they and even us were given access to that kind of money and playing other teams that have an actual support, ones that the OF glory hunters dont swallow up?  However given that there are clubs which we could compete against in terms of fan bases?  There are only about 20 clubs (half) with crowds in excess of >25k over 2 leagues?  If we were in the top 2 leagues we would have to move to Murrayfield and could get around say 30k against a Watford?  But 60k+ against any top 10 side?  Plus there is massive scope for football tourists coming to both Edinburgh (pubs) and see the game?

We would be well within the top 20 of crowds, the OF would need to upgrade ASAP?

Just look at the black country teams (not Villa)  they dont get anywhere near 30k when they play each other, and there is twice as many people than in the central belt...West Brom, Wolves, Brum and Coventry?  Palace and Fulham(big bucks owner) in London?  Brighton and Bournmouth, most from there travel to see Arsenal.  Yet there are still bums on seats compared to the dross we have to play?

Point is even though its all relative, Every club in the top 2 leagues are still way bigger than outside our top 3?  So much Better an event Watford v Hearts  or Third place Motherwell v 4th place Aberdeen??? 

Luton v Stoke 10k   or Hamilton v Motherwell 2.5k

Hagar the Horrible

back in the day (during the war)  when I started working, there was always warry signs when the manufacturing industry and the company you were working for, suddenly there are some mid management jobs, the people disapear?  Top management suddenly get better erhmmm jobs?  And then the canteen subsidy is pulled, then the company is closing to a suprise to most?  I always watched for those signs in the late 70's early 80's......and your point caller?

Ross County have parted ways with their sporting director Scott Boyd  (redundant)......looks like they are trimming the fat,  where is the outrage from Wishart?  Where is the blood soaked hand through their crest?.....anyhooo tick tock

Footballfirst

Rangers Tax Case has just tweeted a reminder of the SPL's undertaking to RFC not to seek sanctions in relation to their use of EBTs. The thread is worth re-reading.

buzzbomb1958
14 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Looks like TRFC is planning to sell off part of their Albion Car Park for a residential development comprising 160 flats.

https://merchanthomes.co.uk/sites/default/files/AHI_Public_Consultation_Information.pdf

The car park currently forms part of the security held by Close Leasing, so I don't know how that would be managed.

Maybe there defaulted and close bros have sold the land

14 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Looks like TRFC is planning to sell off part of their Albion Car Park for a residential development comprising 160 flats.

https://merchanthomes.co.uk/sites/default/files/AHI_Public_Consultation_Information.pdf

The car park currently forms part of the security held by Close Leasing, so I don't know how that would be managed.

Close Leasing, selling it off to recover the cash their owed... 💩

Uninformed speculation on my behalf 🙂

brunoatemyhamster

Why wouldn't the just sell the car park off for housing in the past when they've needed cash?

Oooh I like this. 

Anything else secured? 

47 minutes ago, brunoatemyhamster said:

Why wouldn't the just sell the car park off for housing in the past when they've needed cash?

Oooh I like this. 

Anything else secured? 

Everything else not nailed down apparently.

Except the stadium that they might not own :S 

Where's the deeds!

IveSeenTheLight

The SPFL need to stop pandering to the two cheeks.

its reported that all games between the two arse cheeks could be deferred till 2021, presumably to cater for more fans being able to access.

This after major sporting attendance was delayed till after the last cheek game.

If the two cheeks have to play a game each at home behind closed doors then sp be it, or should every club be able to dictate who they play at home behind closed doors?

Bongo 1874
20 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

The SPFL need to stop pandering to the two cheeks.

its reported that all games between the two arse cheeks could be deferred till 2021, presumably to cater for more fans being able to access.

This after major sporting attendance was delayed till after the last cheek game.

If the two cheeks have to play a game each at home behind closed doors then sp be it, or should every club be able to dictate who they play at home behind closed doors?

This is being used as a sweetner for league reconstruction which is needed 👍, and benefits the sky deal as well everyones a winner. 

Edited by Bongo 1874

IveSeenTheLight
2 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

This is being used as a sweetner for league reconstruction which is needed 👍, and benefits the sky deal as well everyones a winner. 

sweetner, bollox.

Sky can still show the games behind closed doors and arguably get more viewers who can’t go to the game.

It means you’d have a cheek game every month (Jan, Feb, March & April) plus potentially in the cups.

Only fair if all clubs can cherry pick their schedule.

gorgie rd eh11
7 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

sweetner, bollox.

Sky can still show the games behind closed doors and arguably get more viewers who can’t go to the game.

It means you’d have a cheek game every month (Jan, Feb, March & April) plus potentially in the cups.

"only fair"  :rofl:

16 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

sweetner, bollox.

I like many Hearts fans don’t give a shiny shite about any other club in the SPL now. Couldn’t give a toss what anyone says and does only that you all experience pain. 

• cosanostra changed the title to Sevco are as stupid as we thought