The Sevco saga continues ...

JamboAl

2 minutes ago, eyesandears said:

Would have been better if Tam Cowan hadn't kept interrupting with infantile attempted jokes.

I pick that up. 

3 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

1. Would have put Rangers into administration on day he took over if had time again.

2. Doesn't think he did anything wrong.

3. Rangers are a new club.

Stuart Cosgrove saying they had to be careful for legal reasons. 

They didn’t trust a word Whyte said :whistling:

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Footballfirst

• Unknown user

• buzzbomb1958

• Mysterion

2 minutes ago, ShedBoy said:

And Craig Whyte confirms that Rangers are in fact a new club.

SC. Are Rangers a new club?

CW. Yes, obviously they are.

From the horses mouth.

If he wasn’t on a hit list he is now :rifle:

On 15/02/2020 at 14:01, Footballfirst said:

A summary of the interview here for anyone who missed it.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51515862

Q: One emotionally very, very divisive issue, which to this day divides Scottish football, and that is are Rangers a new club? What's your view?

Craig Whyte: Yes, obviously they are.

:pleasing: 

Footballfirst

Not content with suing their current retail partner, LJB/Elite and being in another legal dispute with SDI, TRFC seems intent on adding further complexity to their retail operations.

I'm sure that SDI will be looking on and wondering whatever happened to their "matching rights".

https://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/rangers-enter-market-for-kit-retail-partner/

RANGERS are pleased to confirm they are actively seeking a partner, or partners, for the clubs Official Kit Manufacturer, Retail & Licensing Rights for Season 2020/21 and beyond.

James Bisgrove, Rangers’ Commercial and Marketing Director commented: “We’re delighted to announce that we shall be engaging with potential partners that can deliver an official Rangers kit supply and retail operation that mirrors the demand of the club’s global fan base.”

The timing of the potential partnership coincides with the re-launch of the club official website this summer, with a new online club store being launched as part of the club’s digital transformation strategy.

The opportunity includes the ability to operate retail outlets at Ibrox Stadium and to integrate the successful partner’s online business with the club’s website and online store.

Furthermore, Rangers will celebrate its landmark 150th year in 2022, which represents a unique opportunity for the successful partner to join the anniversary celebrations.

For more information on Rangers Official Kit Manufacturer, Retail & Licensing Rights please contact: [email protected]

alwaysthereinspirit
6 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Not content with suing their current retail partner, LJB/Elite and being in another legal dispute with SDI, TRFC seems intent on adding further complexity to their retail operations.

I'm sure that SDI will be looking on and wondering whatever happened to their "matching rights".

https://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/rangers-enter-market-for-kit-retail-partner/

RANGERS are pleased to confirm they are actively seeking a partner, or partners, for the clubs Official Kit Manufacturer, Retail & Licensing Rights for Season 2020/21 and beyond.

James Bisgrove, Rangers’ Commercial and Marketing Director commented: “We’re delighted to announce that we shall be engaging with potential partners that can deliver an official Rangers kit supply and retail operation that mirrors the demand of the club’s global fan base.”

The timing of the potential partnership coincides with the re-launch of the club official website this summer, with a new online club store being launched as part of the club’s digital transformation strategy.

The opportunity includes the ability to operate retail outlets at Ibrox Stadium and to integrate the successful partner’s online business with the club’s website and online store.

Furthermore, Rangers will celebrate its landmark 150th year in 2022, which represents a unique opportunity for the successful partner to join the anniversary celebrations.

For more information on Rangers Official Kit Manufacturer, Retail & Licensing Rights please contact: [email protected]

150 years? They dont have 150 months. They carry around one of the biggest trolling sticks ever made for public use.

Image result for trolling stick

Edited by alwaysthereinspirit

annushorribilis III
6 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

FF, thoughts ? 

Have Sevco settled the SDI damages claim yet  (I think not) ? Wasn't this forecast to run into millions in damages ?

Does this mean SDI no longer have the matching rights - which I thought were the foundatin for the current case (when Sevco dumped SDI/Puma and went to Hummel ?). 

brunoatemyhamster
8 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Surely no one will touch this with Mike stalking them. 

Are they not advertising Mikes property here? 

Footballfirst

As far as I know, SDI are meant to have the retail operation rights for next season as a result of a ruling by Justice Persey last year (I'll have to check to confirm that).

I wonder what it means for the  Murray Park / Auchenhowie / Hummel Training Centre sponsorship.

Edit: from Persey's judgement published in July 2019

As to the first point, I am not satisfied that Rangers will lose significant revenues. It has already received the revenues due in respect of the 2018/2019 season and, given the limited nature of the injunctive relief now sought, will likely receive those due from Elite in the 2019/2020 season. It will also be entitled to receive revenues from SDIR in respect of the 2020/2021 season.

He clearly envisaged that SDI would exercise their matching rights for season 2020/21.

Edited by Footballfirst

26 minutes ago, annushorribilis III said:

FF, thoughts ? 

Have Sevco settled the SDI damages claim yet  (I think not) ? Wasn't this forecast to run into millions in damages ?

Does this mean SDI no longer have the matching rights - which I thought were the foundatin for the current case (when Sevco dumped SDI/Puma and went to Hummel ?). 

Are they just advertising it to get offers that SDI can then choose to match or not? The bigger offers they get, the more SDI would have to pay as well.

But yeah, not very attractive for third parties to put effort into a bid when SDI can simply gazump them, and Sevco have sued every supplier so far.

annushorribilis III
6 minutes ago, Frankfurter said:

Are they just advertising it to get offers that SDI can then choose to match or not? The bigger offers they get, the more SDI would have to pay as well.

But yeah, not very attractive for third parties to put effort into a bid when SDI can simply gazump them, and Sevco have sued every supplier so far.

Fair point, which went completely over my head at first. Makes sense. 

Footballfirst
5 minutes ago, Frankfurter said:

The previous deal with Hummel/Elite extended to three seasons. SDI have already confirmed in court that they would have matched the deal had they been given the chance. Hence Persey's view that SDI would run the retail operations in year three (2020/21), and would be able to claim damages for breach of contract for last season and this.

2 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

The previous deal with Hummel/Elite extended to three seasons. SDI have already confirmed in court that they would have matched the deal had they been given the chance. Hence Persey's view that SDI would run the retail operations in year three (2020/21), and would be able to claim damages for breach of contract for last season and this.

Oh, I see. I can't make sense of that then. Could SDI have asked them to open it up, in the hope of an even cheaper deal than the Hummel one?

Footballfirst
1 minute ago, Frankfurter said:

Oh, I see. I can't make sense of that then. Could SDI have asked them to open it up, in the hope of an even cheaper deal than the Hummel one?

I would doubt that SDI would ask for anything other than what was already on the table. 

It was a guaranteed £2m a year plus extras if sales targets were exceeded  (e.g. more than 100k shirts sold)

I don't know if Hummel has walked away or TRFC has terminated the contract and they are looking for a new kit supplier, but to extend the invite to the retail operations when SDI is already sitting on the sidelines seems to be playing with fire. 

2 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

I would doubt that SDI would ask for anything other than what was already on the table. 

It was a guaranteed £2m a year plus extras if sales targets were exceeded  (e.g. more than 100k shirts sold)

I don't know if Hummel has walked away or TRFC has terminated the contract and they are looking for a new kit supplier, but to extend the invite to the retail operations when SDI is already sitting on the sidelines seems to be playing with fire. 

I doubt if any reputable company would touch them with a shitty stick while the SDI saga is playing out.   

I get the distinct impression that Sevco thing they are above any court rulings and therefore above the law. It will comeback and bite them in the backside big style.

VagabondJambo
8 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

I recall it was reported that Persey QC imposed an injuction preventing them from wearing or selling Hummel strips from season 2020/21.

They are desperate for money. Having to sue the previous retailer with big mike chasing them thru the courts

Few rumours going around that something happened in Dubai which has caused the poor form.  Heard that management team Flew first class with the players in economy

Footballfirst
16 minutes ago, VagabondJambo said:

I recall it was reported that Persey QC imposed an injuction preventing them from wearing or selling Hummel strips from season 2020/21.

Yes, that was the effect of the injunction, with SDI permitting TRFC to wear any other kit for this season 2019/20.

They could always go with Donnay or Lonsdale kit for next season, with the Hummel Training Centre renamed the SDI Centre for Excellence.

Edited by Footballfirst

13 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

They could always go with Donnay or Lonsdale kit for next season, with the Hummel Training Centre renamed the SDI Centre for Excellence.

Lonsdale does sound perfect for them, as per Wikipedia: "In the early 2000s, Lonsdale clothing became popular among some European neo-Nazis, allegedly because a carefully placed outer jacket leaves only the letters NSDA showing; one letter short of NSDAP, the acronym for Nationalsozialistische Deutsche Arbeiterpartei, the German name of the Nazi Party."

Also, apparently SDI has renamed itself to "Frasers Group".

1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

I get the distinct impression that Sevco thing they are above any court rulings and therefore above the law. It will comeback and bite them in the backside big style.

It’s Dave Kings mindset. He is above the law especially corporate law. He just loves a court tussle!

£15k fine ffs. Says everything.

yet the orcs scream the authorities are against them. Comedy gold. 

Edited by 1971fozzy

I’m thinking Sevco will sign a multi year deal with anyone that will have them, however the first year will be commercially loaded in Sevcos favour (loss making to their partner), the following years will allow their new partner to recover their first year up front investment.

SDI are then given the option to match the first year (3rd year of SDI matching rights) of Sevcos new deal but as it’s loaded in Sevcos favour they tell them where to put it and off to court they go again .....

King Of The Cat Cafe
1 hour ago, Jambo-Fox said:

I’m thinking Sevco will sign a multi year deal with anyone that will have them, however the first year will be commercially loaded in Sevcos favour (loss making to their partner), the following years will allow their new partner to recover their first year up front investment.

SDI are then given the option to match the first year (3rd year of SDI matching rights) of Sevcos new deal but as it’s loaded in Sevcos favour they tell them where to put it and off to court they go again .....

Agree it is the kind of thing they would try, but I'd question if it is a legal tactic in any sense of commercial law and the courts would see right through it.

Footballfirst

There is a statement apparently from Hummel that is circulating on t'internet re them terminating their contract with TRFC and planning to sue them.

The statement reads:

“Hummel UK & The Elite Group was proud to have entered into a supplier agreement with Rangers Football Club in good faith in March 2018.  We saw this as an opportunity to work together for the benefit of the club, its supporters and the Hummel brand.

“Hummel UK & The Elite Group was proud to have entered into a supplier agreement with Rangers Football Club in good faith in March 2018.  We saw this as an opportunity to work together for the benefit of the club, its supporters and the Hummel brand.

“However, despite being given warranties and assurances by the Rangers board that the club was free to enter into their arrangement, it transpired that Rangers had previously signed a conflicting agreement with a third party.

“The club has therefore been unable to fulfil its obligations to Hummel & The Elite Group, which would have included the creation of a Hummel branded area within the Ibrox Megastore, along with crucial marketing activity such as perimeter advertising, player activations, and promotion on the Rangers FC website.

“Hummel UK & The Elite Group has nonetheless made payments to Rangers totalling c. £2.5m and supplied kit worth approximately £1m.  Despite doing all of this in good faith, we are now facing some public statements from Rangers which are not correct.

“We have been unable to find a way forward despite making repeated efforts to reach out to the club.  It is with regret that we have therefore rescinded our agreement with Rangers FC with immediate effect, due to the club being in material breach of contract.

“We remain willing to try and resolve matters with Rangers FC on an amicable basis.   Contrary to reports, Rangers is not owed any further payments from Hummel UK & The Elite Group at this time and we are disappointed by Rangers’ decision to commence legal proceedings in respect of these issues.  Those proceedings will not result in any payment to Rangers and are an unwelcome and unnecessary distraction for the club, its fans and Hummel.

“We have now begun our own legal proceedings against Rangers which we are very confident will result in a positive outcome so we can all move forward.”

Edited by Footballfirst

Footballfirst
6 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

FF - thanks - some pleasing news to start the weekend!

SFM and CQN who went with the story appear to be backtracking on it.

Think we've been had on the Hummel story. Hummel phone just dead, and not answering Twitter messages. Conclude that we are registering nuclear on the ***** scale. Think we have been had.
@rangersdaz called it first, but we need to apologise to Hummel &Rangers. Will delete tweets

Rangers had 3 fans on the park last night and a fire cracker thrown from the stand. I suspect they’ll be hammered for it. Also hullo hullo being belted out as well. 

• 2 weeks later...
Footballfirst

On the “Calling List” at the Court of Session today.

CA12/20 The Rangers Football Club Limited AG LBJ Sports Apparel Limited. – Anderson Strathern LLP

I think that means that TRFC has lodged a summons with the court. LBJ will be notified and given a period of around a week to respond, so we should see further court hearings scheduled in the near future.

From the Court of Session guidance notes
https://www.scotcourts.gov.uk/docs/default-source/cos-general-docs/court-of-session—notes-for-the-new-court-user.pdf?sfvrsn=24

Callings
To lodge a case for calling, you need to present the signeted Summons with the Execution of Service included at the back of the Summons, and a calling slip. The calling slip must include the names of the pursuer and defender, the case reference number and the pursuer’s agent’s name. Counter staff will check the service of the Summons, and the details on the calling slip. You will then be advised upon which day the case will call.

Defences
Defences are the defender’s pleadings in answer to the summons. Defences are due no later than 7 days after the case has called. Defences must be signed on the last page by counsel.

Edited by Footballfirst

Ex member of the SaS
14 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

On the “Calling List” at the Court of Session today.

CA12/20 The Rangers Football Club Limited AG LBJ Sports Apparel Limited. – Anderson Strathern LLP

I think that means that TRFC has lodged a summons with the court. LBJ will be notified and given a period of around a week to respond, so we should see further court hearings scheduled in the near future.

From the Court of Session guidance notes
https://www.scotcourts.gov.uk/docs/default-source/cos-general-docs/court-of-session—notes-for-the-new-court-user.pdf?sfvrsn=24

Callings
To lodge a case for calling, you need to present the signeted Summons with the Execution of Service included at the back of the Summons, and a calling slip. The calling slip must include the names of the pursuer and defender, the case reference number and the pursuer’s agent’s name. Counter staff will check the service of the Summons, and the details on the calling slip. You will then be advised upon which day the case will call.

Defences
Defences are the defender’s pleadings in answer to the summons. Defences are due no later than 7 days after the case has called. Defences must be signed on the last page by counsel.

Phill three names claiming they are after a junior solicitor to assist in some court action with regards a retail deal.

https://philmacgiollabhain.ie/2020/03/04/sevco-require-more-lawyers/#more-15812

Diadora Van Basten

Just reading Craig Whytes book and thought I would share this extract:

That doesn’t take away from the fact that Rangers cheated for years under David Murray and the previous board. I have no love for the tax authorities but there should be a level playing field in sport and Rangers did not adhere to that by using the EBT scheme to sign players they otherwise would not have been able to bring to the club. That was unfair on the other teams.

I can understand fans of other clubs being aggrieved that the new business retains the titles of the old business. I’m not sure that this is a valid claim. I just think it’s bizarre that a lot of the members of the old board that participated in the cheating and contributed to the problems that went on for years are back there, bold as brass.

Seymour M Hersh
1 hour ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

Just reading Craig Whytes book and thought I would share this extract:

That doesn’t take away from the fact that Rangers cheated for years under David Murray and the previous board. I have no love for the tax authorities but there should be a level playing field in sport and Rangers did not adhere to that by using the EBT scheme to sign players they otherwise would not have been able to bring to the club. That was unfair on the other teams.

I can understand fans of other clubs being aggrieved that the new business retains the titles of the old business. I’m not sure that this is a valid claim. I just think it’s bizarre that a lot of the members of the old board that participated in the cheating and contributed to the problems that went on for years are back there, bold as brass.

He'd know about that right enough. 

Financial problems solved. Barisic is not valued at £22 million!!! And they’re willing to accept a cut price £4 million for Tavernier, yes the defender who seems to give a goal away each game!!

8 minutes ago, jamboy1982 said:

Financial problems solved. Barisic is not valued at £22 million!!! And they’re willing to accept a cut price £4 million for Tavernier, yes the defender who seems to give a goal away each game!!

The Rangers =

delusional
/dɪˈluːʒ(ə)n(ə)l/

adjective

1. characterized by or holding idiosyncratic beliefs or impressions that are contradicted by reality or rational argument, typically as a symptom of mental disorder.

Fozzyonthefence
58 minutes ago, jamboy1982 said:

Isn’t it amazing that they can buy players for about 50p and as soon as they are paraded in their Bigots R Us kit they’re suddenly worth £20 million?!

1 minute ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Isn’t it amazing that they can buy players for about 50p and as soon as they are paraded in their Bigots R Us kit they’re suddenly worth £20 million?!

Peeplenomics at its finest!

9 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Valuations are arguably pie in the sky and determined to help the savage Sevconian feel good about their club however it is fair to suggest that a 50p player who plays in Europe will gain some value. 

It's an extension of the inflationary aspects of the EPL transfer fees where 2 or 3 goals and a few weeks of good form takes a Middle of the Road player from being worth 1mill to 10mill in the next transfer window. 

Have Sevco ever sold anyone for any real cash? I'm struggling to think of a single one? Only player I can think of is Waghorn and he went to Ipswich and can't have been any more than a mil.

Allowayjambo1874
43 minutes ago, E6 Inc said:

Have Sevco ever sold anyone for any real cash? I'm struggling to think of a single one? Only player I can think of is Waghorn and he went to Ipswich and can't have been any more than a mil.

Windass 2.5m for starters, Billy Gilmour to Chelsea for half a million is another 

IveSeenTheLight
31 minutes ago, Allowayjambo1874 said:

Windass 2.5m for starters, Billy Gilmour to Chelsea for half a million is another 

BArrie McKay was sold on the cheap.

Apparently turned down a £6M Liepzig bid to eventually sell to Forrest for a fraction of that.

Windass was only £2M as well IIRC

stirlingshirejambo
2 hours ago, Allowayjambo1874 said:

Lewis McLeod?

IveSeenTheLight
49 minutes ago, Mysterion said:

Pretty sure the maths on this 20mill fantasy (after purchasing shares and covering existing losses) will see that investment be whittled down to be very little.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/5372848/rangers-20m-investment-asian-hong-kong/

Absolutely it will be to cover losses and try to ensure they are not foul of any European FFP reviews.

annushorribilis III
56 minutes ago, Mysterion said:

Pretty sure the maths on this 20mill fantasy (after purchasing shares and covering existing losses) will see that investment be whittled down to be very little.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/5372848/rangers-20m-investment-asian-hong-kong/

Strangely , the s*n doesn't mention the fact the rangers already have at least one HK based backer. I wonder if it's the same guy(s) and the s&n has put 2+2 together....surely not. And , as per usual, no quotes from the club. But then their domestic season is well & truly over so the papers need to find something to keep rangers relevant. Somehow. 

On 10/03/2020 at 09:39, E6 Inc said:

Since their rebirth they have made the following sales

19/20

Daniel Candeias - £250k

Eros Gredza - £360k

18/19

Josh Windass - £1.98m

Declan John - £801k

17/18

Joe Garner - £990k

Martyn Waghorn - £990k

Barrie McKay - £770k

Danny Wilson - £307k

Matt Crooks - £104k

14/15

Lewis MacLead - £1.15m

12/13

Steven Davis - £900k

Maurice Edu - £567k

Total Sales of £9.15m, for reference we have total sales of £4.45m over the same period, also they have spent £34m in that time compared to our £0.75m*

*includes an estimated 200k for Wighton which was undisclosed

Edited by Ribble

22 hours ago, Ribble said:

Since their rebirth they have made the following sales

19/20

Daniel Candeias - £250k

Eros Gredza - £360k

18/19

Josh Windass - £1.98m

Declan John - £801k

17/18

Joe Garner - £990k

Martyn Waghorn - £990k

Barrie McKay - £770k

Danny Wilson - £307k

Matt Crooks - £104k

14/15

Lewis MacLead - £1.15m

12/13

Steven Davis - £900k

Maurice Edu - £567k

Total Sales of £9.15m, for reference we have total sales of £4.45m over the same period, also they have spent £34m in that time compared to our £0.75m*

*includes an estimated 200k for Wighton which was undisclosed

It's amazing how they think they'll get any sort of offers to what they are reporting isnt it. Getting 2m for Windass was a great bit of business for them to be fair. 

They'd accept 4m+ for any of their players.

Midloth_Iain

Staggering developments        (not)

RANGERS have appointed a DUP councillor and member of the Orange Order as their new PR chief as Jim Traynor steps down.

It was confirmed earlier today that David Graham, who will resign from his role on Belfast City Council, will join the Ibrox club.

Speaking about his new job, Graham said: "As a lifelong Rangers supporter, it is an honour to work for the world's most successful football club. 😂

"When the opportunity arose, I was very pleased to fulfil this role and am looking forward to getting started.

"I am excited by the board's vision for Rangers as we work towards our 150th anniversary and beyond."  🤪

Rangers managing director Stewart Robertson added: "David shares our vision, passion and enthusiasm for the club.

• cosanostra changed the title to Sevco are as stupid as we thought