The Sevco saga continues ...

JamboAl

On 06/10/2019 at 18:34, jaywalker said:

Hmmmn. Not often predictions go bang that quick. They are organising Sash bashes as we speak over on Rangers media.

Is that where you're from?

Edited by Riccarton3

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Footballfirst

• Unknown user

• buzzbomb1958

• Mysterion

38 minutes ago, Marooon! said:

Time to close this tragic thread. They are top of the league and in Europe and are not going away and will get stronger and stronger. If anything, they are even bigger supported now. They have tens of thousands on the season ticket waiting list too. 

We can't exactly take the moral high ground calling them cheats because that's exactly what we were, unless we just don't do irony!😂

Hello Sweet Cheeks! 

39 minutes ago, Marooon! said:

Time to close this tragic thread. They are top of the league and in Europe and are not going away and will get stronger and stronger. If anything, they are even bigger supported now. They have tens of thousands on the season ticket waiting list too. 

We can't exactly take the moral high ground calling them cheats because that's exactly what we were, unless we just don't do irony!😂

This thread dies when rangers die, so you shouldn't have long to wait. 

35 minutes ago, FruitJuice said:

This thread dies when rangers die, so you shouldn't have long to wait. 

They have people willing to pump millions into them. They also have a massive hardened fan base ready to pump millions into them all over the planet. They are going nowhere but up from what i can see from the league table and Europe and to suggest otherwise is the signs of someone harbouring jealous, bitter and warped feelings. 

Accept this or find another hobby that doesn't involve perma-rage at another team, it's not good for the health and at the end of the day it's only a bloody game of effing fitba😂

30 minutes ago, Marooon! said:

They have people willing to pump millions into them. They also have a massive hardened fan base ready to pump millions into them all over the planet. They are going nowhere but up from what i can see from the league table and Europe and to suggest otherwise is the signs of someone harbouring jealous, bitter and warped feelings. 

Accept this or find another hobby that doesn't involve perma-rage at another team, it's not good for the health and at the end of the day it's only a bloody game of effing fitba😂

Really?  It’s a good laugh though having a wee smirk at the uncomfortable positions this new club seem to get themselves into under the leadership of the glib and shameless one. 

Edited by Deevers

Carry on as normal then. Of course he knew what he was doing. In reality, this doesn't have any effect on him at all. Can't see the SFA doing anything further. Was clear from the offset he was a crook, but he's had his feet under the table long enough to see Rangers sit at the top of the league, this will please the authorities no end; they love a 2 horse race.

23 minutes ago, Marooon! said:

Thumping away on here now because you're top of a league. You've been GIVEN a team to support, almost  a seamless transition from not being able to fulfill your fixtures ('financial difficulties') to the promised land of a Scottish title. Go Rangers. 

57 minutes ago, Marooon! said:

I accept they may be on course to win their first major honour this season

1 hour ago, Marooon! said:

I dont think you understand the magnitude the effects of their cheating had on Scottish football.  I'm saying they will die more in hope than expectation, but other fans having a passionate hate fir a club who's cheating had a massive bearing on our game, both on and off the pitch, is more than justified.  I think expressing lives frustrations through hating cheats might be quite healthy.  

Edited by FruitJuice

25 minutes ago, FruitJuice said:

I dont think you understand the magnitude the effects of their cheating had on Scottish football.  I'm saying they will die more in hope than expectation, but other fans having a passionate hate fir a club who's cheating had a massive bearing on our game, both on and off the pitch, is more than justified.  I think expressing lives frustrations through hating cheats might be quite healthy.  

Maybe I'm being naïve here but how did they cheat? If you mean buying the best young players from rivals it's hardly cheating

8 minutes ago, Biguche said:

Maybe I'm being naïve here but how did they cheat? If you mean buying the best young players from rivals it's hardly cheating

I think it was down to the way they paid them. They wouldn't have been able to afford the big name players that won them all those titles without breaking the rules.  That has already been proven with all the side letter stuff.  

Guest ToqueJambo
2 hours ago, Marooon! said:

It was incredible how the Rangers fan base around the world worked together to save their club from liquidation and ensure its long-term safety. Oh wait, that was us.

AllyjamboDerbyshire
33 minutes ago, Biguche said:

If you genuinely want to know, go back to the beginning of this thread and educate yourself. As has been said quite often in many a blog, they died because they lied (to the taxman and the whole of Scottish football). 

2 hours ago, Marooon! said:

They have no trophies. Going since 2012. Did they win the Scottish Championship? 

3 hours ago, Marooon! said:

Sound, feel free not to rip **** out of the dirty hun *******s for letting their club die, that's your prerogative!

Me, I'll probably never get bored with it. To each their own eh?

4 hours ago, Marooon! said:

This 

17 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

This 

Every time you guys post your disdain this thread goes rocketing to the top of page 1, bringing it to the forefront of everyone's attention.

Keep up the good work!

1 hour ago, FruitJuice said:

I think it was down to the way they paid them. They wouldn't have been able to afford the big name players that won them all those titles without breaking the rules.  That has already been proven with all the side letter stuff.  

Ah ok. Never really thought of the EBT thing as cheating.

My understanding is they were paying part of the wage bill through EBTs which were eventually judged not to be effective in avoiding tax and in the end couldn't afford the tax due. But how can we know that had they not used the EBT option they couldn't have either stumped up what they needed to at the time, or used another way of reducing their bill that actually worked.

2 minutes ago, Biguche said:

My understanding is they were paying part of the wage bill through EBTs which were eventually judged not to be effective in avoiding tax and in the end couldn't afford the tax due. But how can we know that had they not used the EBT option they couldn't have either stumped up what they needed to at the time, or used another way of reducing their bill that actually worked.

You have some imagination.

You should become a defence lawyer.

1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

It was incredible how the Rangers fan base around the world worked together to save their club from liquidation and ensure its long-term safety. Oh wait, that was us.

I really can't be arsed with Rangers but was it not the case that because of their situation their fans couldn't have saved them even if they wanted to? I'm sure I read it on here......**** knows......

Edit - it was an article from some journalist gadge I'm sure.... 

Edited by smiler

1 hour ago, smiler said:

I really can't be arsed with Rangers but was it not the case that because of their situation their fans couldn't have saved them even if they wanted to? I'm sure I read it on here......**** knows......

Edit - it was an article from some journalist gadge I'm sure.... 

They could have if what Maroon said was true.

"They have people willing to pump millions into them. They also have a massive hardened fan base ready to pump millions into them all over the planet."

hereford_hearts
1 hour ago, graygo said:

"They have people willing to pump millions into them. They also have a massive hardened fan base ready to pump millions into them all over the planet."

Well we all know that that is bollocks, as they let their club die!

2 hours ago, graygo said:

they certainly weren’t there when their old club died. Never let them forget that

8 hours ago, Biguche said:

Because David Murray admitted in court in 2017 - that old Rangers used the EBT scheme to buy players they otherwise could not afford. They did so by breaking the law - that is how they cheated. 

Is that clear enough for you?

Our on field frustrations over the last 3 years will be overturned in the not too distant future.  Saving our club from extinction will never be forgotten.

Rangers supporters failed to show anything like the same love and passion for their club, ergo it ceased to exist.  It was liquidated.

I don't know if that will happen again as they strive for sectarian based domination.  What I do know is that while we strained every sinew to save our club, they didn't.

5 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Our on field frustrations over the last 3 years will be overturned in the not too distant future.  Saving our club from extinction will never be forgotten.

Rangers supporters failed to show anything like the same love and passion for their club, ergo it ceased to exist.  It was liquidated.

I don't know if that will happen again as they strive for sectarian based domination.  What I do know is that while we strained every sinew to save our club, they didn't.

Correct. They let their club die.

1 hour ago, Smithee said:

Correct. They let their club die.

Oh boy do they get self righteous when you mention it. They swear blind they didn't. But we know, regardless of the papers and those running the game here.

15 hours ago, Coburg Hearts said:

SFA will discuss Dave King’s ‘fit and proper’ status at next board meeting, following his sanction by the Takeover Panel. The club are obliged to alert the governing body.

Undoubtedly the folk at the SFA will call him in to congratulate him, indulge in synchronised back slapping to the tune of the Billy Boys and wish him well for the future.

Our ruling bodies are a complete joke. Lots of talking but no action.

15 hours ago, Marooon! said:

In your opinion.

personally I find it of interest how owners of football clubs go about their business, occasionally with the disregard of fans.

The Rangers could've regenerated in such a diffent way since their restart but chose to follow the same operating model for some reason. 

Despite having apparently wealthy benefactors with millions to pump in they chose to obtain loans. Interesting.

30 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

In your opinion.

personally I find it of interest how owners of football clubs go about their business, occasionally with the disregard of fans.

The Rangers could've regenerated in such a diffent way since their restart but chose to follow the same operating model for some reason. 

Despite having apparently wealthy benefactors with millions to pump in they chose to obtain loans. Interesting.

Is it really that interesting? 

Too many people seem to be interested in what Rangers are up to. (Which by the way is actually being a successful FOOTBALL team on the park). 

We on the other hand are stumbling along from one shit show to the next and nothing is being done about it. Pathetic!! 

3 hours ago, Harko said:

Because David Murray admitted in court in 2017 - that old Rangers used the EBT scheme to buy players they otherwise could not afford. They did so by breaking the law - that is how they cheated. 

Is that clear enough for you?

Eh.. not really no. They didn't break any laws or do anything illegal. They used a tax avoidance scheme that was ultimately deemed to be ineffective for tax purposes. A lot of misguided seethe in this thread.

Ah well, I'll leave you to enrage yourself into an early grave.

Geoff Kilpatrick
Just now, Biguche said:

Eh.. not really no. They didn't break any laws or do anything illegal. They used a tax avoidance scheme that was ultimately deemed to be ineffective for tax purposes. A lot of misguided seethe in this thread.

The tax scheme itself wasn't the problem. The real problem was the fact that the emoluments were not put into the player's contracts, which breaks the SFA's rules.

However, the SFA invented the Bryson defence to sidestep its own rules, hence confirming the game in Scotland was and is corrupt.

42 minutes ago, rick witter said:

Too many people seem to be interested in what Rangers are up to. (Which by the way is actually being a successful FOOTBALL team on the park). 

We on the other hand are stumbling along from one shit show to the next and nothing is being done about it. Pathetic!! 

it's extremely interesting.  It also highlights the importance of message boards like this.  We wouldn't have known half as much as we do about this if it was down the the MSM, especially in Scotland.  Pretty strange if you can't find something interesting on this and the other rangers thread.  

47 minutes ago, rick witter said:

I find it interesting. I'm not particularly arsed if you do but thanks for letting us all know and keeping the thread on page 1.

2 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I find it interesting. I'm not particularly arsed if you do but thanks for letting us all know and keeping the thread on page 1.

How bored must you be to go looking online for boring stuff just to let people know that they're boring? I find that really interesting...

34 minutes ago, Biguche said:

Talking of graves.... you let your club die.

44 minutes ago, Biguche said:

They didn’t break any laws - really? So why did the Supreme Court rule in favour of HMRC in 2017 - that the old Rangers had effectively not paid taxes they should have paid? That is clearly a breach of the law

39 minutes ago, Biguche said:

In football terms they definitely did, the rules were that all aspects of players' contracts were to be submitted to the football authorities and rangers hid the side letters in question. So cheated, yes, 100%

In terms of the law of the land someone else will need to chip in as so much water has passed I can't really remember, but I do remember them shedding documents as the police raided. Which I'm sure loads of innocent parties do all the time. 

hereford_hearts
51 minutes ago, Biguche said:

They failed to pay millions of pounds to HMRC in tax that was nothing to do with the EBT's. That was what put the final nails in the coffin that was Rangers FC. I believe that does break the law! If I tried to withhold my taxes due to HMRC, they would have me up in court PDQ.

BTW, you let your club die!

25 minutes ago, Harko said:

They didn’t break any laws - really? So why did the Supreme Court rule in favour of HMRC in 2017 - that the old Rangers had effectively not paid taxes they should have paid? That is clearly a breach of the law

That was a tax dispute. As far as I remember there was no suggestion they had been evading tax was there? Once the dispute was settled and they weren't in a position to meet the tax demand, that isn't illegal, it's a civil matter.

20 minutes ago, hereford_hearts said:

They failed to pay millions of pounds to HMRC in tax that was nothing to do with the EBT's. That was what put the final nails in the coffin that was Rangers FC. I believe that does break the law! If I tried to withhold my taxes due to HMRC, they would have me up in court PDQ.

BTW, you let your club die!

See above. And I'm not a Rangers fan I can assure you. I've just never understood the seethe towards them for going bankrupt.

Looking closer to home, didn't we run up a lot of bills we couldn't pay?

Just now, Biguche said:

See above. And I'm not a Rangers fan I can assure you. I've just never understood the seethe towards them for going bankrupt.

Looking closer to home, didn't we run up a lot of bills we couldn't pay?

There is a difference between liquidation and administration.

Geoff Kilpatrick
7 minutes ago, Boris said:

There is a difference between liquidation and administration.

And tax avoidance (legal) and tax evasion (illegal).

However, the biggest misdemeanour in a football sense was, and remains, not declaring what they were paying players contractually.

hereford_hearts
11 minutes ago, Biguche said:

That was a tax dispute. As far as I remember there was no suggestion they had been evading tax was there? Once the dispute was settled and they weren't in a position to meet the tax demand, that isn't illegal, it's a civil matter.

Read this. Old rangers stopped paying PAYE and VAT in 2011, and ended up owing HMRC over 20 million pounds. That's what killed the Huns, not the EBT's!https://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jan/18/how-the-mighty-glasgow-rangers-have-fallen

34 minutes ago, hereford_hearts said:

I think there are a couple of obvious Sevconians on this thread that should be launched!!

Tens of thousands of supporters on the waiting list. 

I wonder what they all do to "help" while they wait to get a seat in their "maintenance free" stadium. 

• cosanostra changed the title to Sevco are as stupid as we thought