• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Footballfirst

• Unknown user

• buzzbomb1958

• Mysterion

A somewhat strange statement , not actually saying anything . Contradicting the shirt sales for the season and the million pound cap . 

Glamorgan Jambo

Without having read any of the judgement my read on the statement is that Club 1872 are extremely twitchy about follow on litigation targeting them and possibly their directors. I did read that the judgement was scathing about James Blair who certainly was at one time a C1872 director - presumably based on evidence presented by SD.

Footballfirst
4 minutes ago, Glamorgan Jambo said:

Without having read any of the judgement my read on the statement is that Club 1872 are extremely twitchy about follow on litigation targeting them and possibly their directors. I did read that the judgement was scathing about James Blair who certainly was at one time a C1872 director - presumably based on evidence presented by SD.

Some extracts from the latest judgement about Blair.

As well as being company secretary of Rangers Mr Blair was also a director of Club 1872 Ltd., a group of Rangers supporters’ groups. Club 1872 issued statements that supported the fan boycott, although Mr Blair sought to distance himself from this in evidence by saying that the statements were in fact issued on behalf of another supporters’ group called Supporters Voice Limited (of whom he was also a director). It was suggested to Mr Blair in cross examination that he had, through Club 1872, himself encouraged the fan boycott. He did not accept this. He did not accept that it was in the interest of Rangers to try and stop the fan boycott. He did accept that he had taken no steps to do so. I found Mr Blair’s evidence to be unconvincing.

On 18 May Mr Blair gave that confirmation, stating that “Hummel has not been granted any of the rights set out in your email”. This was untrue. He later acknowledged in his Seventh Witness Statement that “ ... Of course Hummel did have rights to distribute, market, advertise, promote, offer for sale and/or sell the Official Kit and/or Replica Kit ...”

Rangers did not, however, supply SDIR with any Replica Kit, giving unconvincing reasons, including for example Mr Blair’s assertion on 3 September 2018 that Rangers’ supplier could not make units of kit available to SDIR until such time as the Further Agreement was in place. It has now been held by Sir Ross Cranston that (as SDIR had always contended) the Further Agreement was already in place at that time. Correspondence between Mr Blair and Elite in late August shows that Mr Blair’s strategy was, in his own words, to lead SDIR a dance.

I am satisfied that SDIR was not only entitled to match the rights offered to Hummel/Elite but would have done so. Those rights were not only not offered to them but Rangers, through Mr Blair, untruthfully asserted that Hummel had not been granted any Offered Rights and did not provide SDIR with a copy of the Elite/Hummel Agreement.

23 minutes ago, Meadows said:

A somewhat strange statement , not actually saying anything . Contradicting the shirt sales for the season and the million pound cap . 

Club1872 is a joke of an organisation. 

Manipulated by Blair and King and weakened with new share issues.

Absolutely brilliant. :rofl:

Glamorgan Jambo
18 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Some extracts from the latest judgement about Blair.

As well as being company secretary of Rangers Mr Blair was also a director of Club 1872 Ltd., a group of Rangers supporters’ groups. Club 1872 issued statements that supported the fan boycott, although Mr Blair sought to distance himself from this in evidence by saying that the statements were in fact issued on behalf of another supporters’ group called Supporters Voice Limited (of whom he was also a director). It was suggested to Mr Blair in cross examination that he had, through Club 1872, himself encouraged the fan boycott. He did not accept this. He did not accept that it was in the interest of Rangers to try and stop the fan boycott. He did accept that he had taken no steps to do so. I found Mr Blair’s evidence to be unconvincing.

On 18 May Mr Blair gave that confirmation, stating that “Hummel has not been granted any of the rights set out in your email”. This was untrue. He later acknowledged in his Seventh Witness Statement that “ ... Of course Hummel did have rights to distribute, market, advertise, promote, offer for sale and/or sell the Official Kit and/or Replica Kit ...”

Rangers did not, however, supply SDIR with any Replica Kit, giving unconvincing reasons, including for example Mr Blair’s assertion on 3 September 2018 that Rangers’ supplier could not make units of kit available to SDIR until such time as the Further Agreement was in place. It has now been held by Sir Ross Cranston that (as SDIR had always contended) the Further Agreement was already in place at that time. Correspondence between Mr Blair and Elite in late August shows that Mr Blair’s strategy was, in his own words, to lead SDIR a dance.

I am satisfied that SDIR was not only entitled to match the rights offered to Hummel/Elite but would have done so. Those rights were not only not offered to them but Rangers, through Mr Blair, untruthfully asserted that Hummel had not been granted any Offered Rights and did not provide SDIR with a copy of the Elite/Hummel Agreement.

Thanks. Won't be good for Blair as a solicitor to have that written about him in a court judgement. 

Forever Hearts
59 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Hunimpressed! ;)

A dead club and you are totally obsessed with them. Might be time you got a new tin foil hat. 

Unknown user
23 minutes ago, Mysterion said:

Club1872 is a joke of an organisation. 

Manipulated by Blair and King and weakened with new share issues.

Absolutely brilliant. :rofl:

It's a real shame in terms of football fans though, they had numbers and money and could have gone down a beneficial FoH route, but the club really took advantage of them if you ask me. 

Unknown user
2 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

A dead club and you are totally obsessed with them. Might be time you got a new tin foil hat. 

I am?

They only have a club because Ashley pumped a £10m loan into them before King's off license putsch. No gratitude these huns. 

Cruyff Turn
39 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Quelle surprise 

1 hour ago, Forever Hearts said:

I thought this (latest court case) was about the new club, not the dead one. 

Unknown user
11 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Huns and Sevco plus other stuff. 

Last time I used the word Sevco was 2016, the search function is a great thing. Not that it matters, you're basically greeting at name calling between football fans ffs!

Now let's just say I was obsessed with the rangers. I'm not, but for arguments sake, let's say I was. 

So ******* what? What's a Hearts fan doing getting bent out of shape about it?

**** the rangers, and God speed to anyone who chooses to rip the pish out them.

Cruyff Turn
20 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Huns and Sevco plus other stuff. 

Why do you get so upset about this?

The Old club Rangers est 1872 were winning league titles while the best team in the Countries players were being massacred in France. Under David Murray, they pushed BoS to apply pressure on Hearts into selling our best players for dirt cheap.

Their cheating affected us more than any other club in the SPFL.

The new club, The Rangers FC 2012, deserve to be reminded that they are no longer the same club and that they bought titles they never won, for forever and a day. Never let them forget that.

Hopefully they go down the tubes again so we can enjoy dancing on their graves once more. 

They are pure and utter scum of the earth. 

Forever Hearts
32 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Why do you get so upset about this?

The Old club Rangers est 1872 were winning league titles while the best team in the Countries players were being massacred in France. Under David Murray, they pushed BoS to apply pressure on Hearts into selling our best players for dirt cheap.

Their cheating affected us more than any other club in the SPFL.

The new club, The Rangers FC 2012, deserve to be reminded that they are no longer the same club and that they bought titles they never won, for forever and a day. Never let them forget that.

Hopefully they go down the tubes again so we can enjoy dancing on their graves once more. 

They are pure and utter scum of the earth. 

You really think I read that? 😀

Forever Hearts
49 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Last time I used the word Sevco was 2016, the search function is a great thing. Not that it matters, you're basically greeting at name calling between football fans ffs!

Now let's just say I was obsessed with the rangers. I'm not, but for arguments sake, let's say I was. 

So ******* what? What's a Hearts fan doing getting bent out of shape about it?

**** the rangers, and God speed to anyone who chooses to rip the pish out them.

Zzzzzzzzzz.....

Cruyff Turn
Just now, Forever Hearts said:

You really think I read that? 😀

No I didn’t. Most hun’s are semi illiterate so would struggle to read the Daily Sport. 😁

Forever Hearts
1 hour ago, Cruyff Turn said:

No I didn’t. Most hun’s are semi illiterate so would struggle to read the Daily Sport. 😁

Huns and Sevco and scum and stuff. 😀

Footballfirst

How's the cash flow situation?  Posted by "Sons of Struth" (Craig Houston) on facebook earlier today.

image.thumb.jpeg.dfa3bc7a42cf65b41aa7a5bb4c2f8081.jpeg

Cruyff Turn
4 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

How's the cash flow situation?  Posted by "Sons of Struth" (Craig Houston) on facebook earlier today.

Ouch. 

:pleasing:

brunoatemyhamster
17 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Is this the costs for last week or the earlier hearing? 

Footballfirst
10 minutes ago, brunoatemyhamster said:

Is this the costs for last week or the earlier hearing? 

I think it's the costs of the trial in April (it was the judgement from that trial that was published last week) 

brunoatemyhamster
10 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

I think it's the costs of the trial in April (it was the judgement from that trial that was published last week) 

So there's at least another one of these to come?

Thanks for the good news. 

Footballfirst
1 minute ago, brunoatemyhamster said:

So there's at least another one of these to come?

Thanks for the good news. 

Yes. The assessment of damages has yet to take place. 

Cruyff Turn
1 minute ago, Footballfirst said:

Yes. The assessment of damages has yet to take place. 

Which will be millions plus more legal costs. 

They’re going to have to punt Morelos.

5 million is the word on the street where is Dodgy Dave going to get other peoples money for that lol

3 minutes ago, tntjambo said:

5 million is the word on the street where is Dodgy Dave going to get other peoples money for that lol

Is that just for Big Mike? They are going to be sued by the other parties also. 

So they are locked into SDIR for next season, have to pay compo to SDIR for this season and last season, have to also stump up for SDIR legal costs and very probably end up paying out to Hummel and Elite for loss of earnings.

Beyond next season, SDIR still retain matching rights for anyone else who wants to bid for the Rangers retail deal, and you'd have to think there will not be a lonq queue of suitors after the way Rangers have conducted themselves.  The fact they ended up with Hummel tells you that none of the major kit suppliers want anything to do with them, Puma washed their hands of Rangers after previous issues with SDIR.

Unknown user
1 minute ago, RobNox said:

So they are locked into SDIR for next season, have to pay compo to SDIR for this season and last season, have to also stump up for SDIR legal costs and very probably end up paying out to Hummel and Elite for loss of earnings.

Beyond next season, SDIR still retain matching rights for anyone else who wants to bid for the Rangers retail deal, and you'd have to think there will not be a lonq queue of suitors after the way Rangers have conducted themselves.  The fact they ended up with Hummel tells you that none of the major kit suppliers want anything to do with them, Puma washed their hands of Rangers after previous issues with SDIR.

Not just that, what companies are going to go to the time, effort and expense of looking into the logistics, costs, expected profits and putting together a bid, knowing that SD will then come along, match their offer and they'll get nothing for their bother?

6 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Not just that, what companies are going to go to the time, effort and expense of looking into the logistics, costs, expected profits and putting together a bid, knowing that SD will then come along, match their offer and they'll get nothing for their bother?

That's a good point too.  It appears that Rangers could be stuck with Big Mike for as long as he wants.

Walter Bishop
7 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

If you read the sons of struths take on it they think it’s a victory! 

The Future's Maroon
1 hour ago, Walter Bishop said:

If you read the sons of struths take on it they think it’s a victory! 

They probably think the £445k is what they have to pay out in ‘damages’ to Big Mike’s company....when in reality, that one is still to come.

Remember they are not the brightest.

JamboAl1965

Does this not suggest £444k on account is part payment for this part of proceedings until the final bill for this stage is submitted? Not sure I understand what that means in practice

On 29/07/2019 at 12:59, Forever Hearts said:

image.png.a61b6fb2bf5324ed0c53de4250bb65cd.png

52 minutes ago, The Future's Maroon said:

They probably think the £445k is what they have to pay out in ‘damages’ to Big Mike’s company....when in reality, that one is still to come.

Remember they are not the brightest.

Given Craig is an employee of NewCo I’d suggest he has been asked to put this info out there or he’s drawing attention/raising awareness of the first bill that King has racked up in the battle against Sports Direct.

Forever Hearts
1 minute ago, Mysterion said:

Given Craig is an employee of NewCo I’d suggest he has been asked to put this info out there or he’s drawing attention/raising awareness of the first bill that King has racked up in the battle against Sports Direct.

What's his job with them? 

Footballfirst

I think his responsibilities include security and stewarding.

pharmaceutical01
2 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

I think his responsibilities include security and stewarding.

Not the cleverness to leak a document of you are involved with security 😄

7 minutes ago, pharmaceutical01 said:

Not the cleverness to leak a document of you are involved with security 😄

Depends who authorised the "leak". 

Just hope it wasn't a glib and shameless leak on behalf of the board of directors.

Not sure what he does. I just know he has some sort of admin/support role. 

AllyjamboDerbyshire
1 hour ago, JamboAl1965 said:

Does this not suggest £444k on account is part payment for this part of proceedings until the final bill for this stage is submitted? Not sure I understand what that means in practice

The bill is only in respect of the fees SDI's legal team has racked up to this point. TRFC will have their own legal bill to pay as well. As things stand, TRFC have been told by the court to go away and try to come up with an arrangement that suits SDI, ie a cash payment and the implementation of the contract. If they can't get an agreement the court will then issue the club with an injunction to pay SDI 'many millions'.

If TRFC appeal the judgement they will then rack up even more legal fees, all payable by them if they lose the appeal.

8 hours ago, RobNox said:

That's a good point too.  It appears that Rangers could be stuck with Big Mike for as long as he wants.

Excellent. Given the obvious spat with King I reckon this has an awful long way to run. Big Mike takes no prisoners when someone sets out to try and piss him off.

8 minutes ago, Mysterion said:

Not sure what he does. I just know he has some sort of admin/support role. 

Fatty Traynors useful idiot.

• cosanostra changed the title to Sevco are as stupid as we thought