The Sevco saga continues ...

JamboAl

11 hours ago, Normthebarman said:

Let's not pretend that Rangers don't have a huge, global, worldwide fan base. 

But let's not forget that that huge, global, worldwide fan base let their club die. 

That's the difference between us and them. They have fans who, when push came to shove, couldn't be arsed to save the club. 

We, on the other hand, have supporters who dragged the club off it's knees and carried it on their back to safety. 

It's the equivalent of ignoring your mates phone calls when he's at his lowest and suicidal, and dragging his ass up at their lowest to make sure they get the help that they need. 

We have supporters. They have fans. 

Who let their club die. 

There's one annoying doubt that lingers in my mind about the whole "new club" thing. 

It was the old holding company that was liquidated and a new holding company was set up. Same thing happened with Leeds. Old holding company went bust only to be replaced by a new holding company. But Leeds are still recognised as the same club and retain their history by the authorities that matter (fifa, UEFA, FA etc, just like rangers)

The vermin too have just been transferred to a new company. Same club though.

Can someone honestly clarify why they are a new club but Leeds and vermin ain't? Or is it really just to wind them up and point scoring? 

Cheers. 

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Footballfirst

• Unknown user

• buzzbomb1958

• Mysterion

3 hours ago, Marooon! said:

There's one annoying doubt that lingers in my mind about the whole "new club" thing. 

It was the old holding company that was liquidated and a new holding company was set up. Same thing happened with Leeds. Old holding company went bust only to be replaced by a new holding company. But Leeds are still recognised as the same club and retain their history by the authorities that matter (fifa, UEFA, FA etc, just like rangers)

Can someone honestly clarify why they are a new club but Leeds and vermin ain't? Or is it really just to wind them up and point scoring? 

Cheers. 

Or to flip the question,

How were Rangers allowed to retain their league status, yet Airdrie (also liquidated) were not?

Yer club died m8.

giphy.gif

3 hours ago, Marooon! said:

Cheers. 

Jesus H, your first and probably last post! It's Sevco, you were liquidated, are a blight on Scottish society, have won nothing and are a shower of fat baw faced bigots. Sincerely hoping at least one of you perishes by choking on their own vomit in a Buckfast induced stupor after whatever "parade" they attend today. 

Cheers

rick witter
19 hours ago, Doc Rob said:

Yes, Sevco still have a big fan base and will sell 3-4 times as many STs as Hearts. However, they also have

much bigger overheads, pay much higher wages (their wage bill must dwarf ours), make big losses year-on-year and have to be bailed out with ‘soft loans’ and haven’t sold anyone for big money (yet). I don’t even remember them resolving the issues regarding their lack of a NomAd or credit facilities, though I may well have missed this and will be happy to be corrected.

I just don’t see where the money for

multi-million pound transfers is coming from.

You are way too interested in Rangers mate let it go. 

You are sounding a bit jealous that they are signing all these players. 

Who actually cares!!!! 

6 hours ago, Whatever said:

Or to flip the question,

How were Rangers allowed to retain their league status, yet Airdrie (also liquidated) were not?

Yer club died m8.

giphy.gif

6 hours ago, Jodami said:

Jesus H, your first and probably last post! It's Sevco, you were liquidated, are a blight on Scottish society, have won nothing and are a shower of fat baw faced bigots. Sincerely hoping at least one of you perishes by choking on their own vomit in a Buckfast induced stupor after whatever "parade" they attend today. 

Cheers

I asked a genuine honest question that I'd like an answer to. Or do we just ignore the little fact that Leeds Utd's old holding company, like rangers, we're liquidated but even with a new company taking on the club and assets/history, like rangers they are recognised as the same club by those who matter?

Can someone who doesn't wish death on people provide an answer? 

12 minutes ago, kingdannyb said:

Leeds got a CVA so "officially" they paid off all their debts.

Rangers did not, they just walked away from their creditors.

If SevCo want to be Rangers, they have to take the good and the bad, the trophies and the debts.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/read-full-list-rangers-oldco-11452483

Leeds Utd's original company was liquidated, there's a new company that runs them. The old company was still liquidated so don't know what I'm missing here.?

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-united/leeds-united-latest/liquidators-finally-draw-a-line-under-leeds-united-s-2007-administration-with-less-than-750-000-paid-to-unsecured-creditors-1-9673129 

1 hour ago, Marooon! said:

I asked a genuine honest question that I'd like an answer to. Or do we just ignore the little fact that Leeds Utd's old holding company, like rangers, we're liquidated but even with a new company taking on the club and assets/history, like rangers they are recognised as the same club by those who matter?

Your first post is about another club, albeit a spanking new one. Not in any way suspicious at all. 

10 minutes ago, Jodami said:

Your first post is about another club, albeit a spanking new one. Not in any way suspicious at all. 

Another plaything for kickbackers

4 hours ago, Lfhearts said:

Rangers have a huge following in usa

Not compared to celtic they don't.

Just now, Lfhearts said:

Was not saying they did compared to Celtic that's not why I said it.

Fair enough 👍

Rumours on rangers forum they need to loan players out and suggested maybe some to us. Suggested it’s lafferty and dorrans but nothing to back it up

Big Mikey in trouble? Sports Direct Share price dropped 15% due to delay in releasing accounts. 

8 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Rumours on rangers forum they need to loan players out and suggested maybe some to us. Suggested it’s lafferty and dorrans but nothing to back it up

Dorrans would be a decent addition to our midfield. 

8 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

That seems unlikely, they will be looking for clubs to meet a decent portion of their wages and our wage ceiling scuppers that. 

upgotheheads
1 hour ago, Newton51 said:

They'll probably offer us a couple of duds in exchange for Souttar.

OmiyaHearts
On 13/07/2019 at 11:06, Marooon! said:

Leeds Utd's original company was liquidated, there's a new company that runs them. The old company was still liquidated so don't know what I'm missing here.?

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-united/leeds-united-latest/liquidators-finally-draw-a-line-under-leeds-united-s-2007-administration-with-less-than-750-000-paid-to-unsecured-creditors-1-9673129 

Hi, I worked in Insolvency for 5 years, 3 of those under Mr Bryan Jackson. I've kept this as straight forward as possible.

Simply, when a company is liquidated, they no longer exist. Ranger FC ceased to exist when they were liquidated.

Sport competitions can say and do what they like with the name of a club. The fact that cannot be questioned, is that Rangers ceased to exist. The current Rangers are a new club.

Just because some chap that admins a football league has transferred the awards to them, it changes nothing in respect of their ceased existence.

It doesn't matter how a sport competition views them - that means as much as how Donald Findlay views them. Legally and factually, they died.

Edited by OmiyaHearts

Forever Hearts
On 13/07/2019 at 01:30, Marooon! said:

Cheers. 

But but but the Sevco stuff is hysterical. Honest. 

5 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Hi, I worked in Insolvency for 5 years, 3 of those under Mr Bryan Jackson. I've kept this as straight forward as possible.

Simply, when a company is liquidated, they no longer exist. Ranger FC ceased to exist when they were liquidated.

Sport competitions can say and do what they like with the name of a club. The fact that cannot be questioned, is that Rangers ceased to exist. The current Rangers are a new club.

Just because some chap that admins a football league has transferred the awards to them, it changes nothing in respect of their ceased existence.

It doesn't matter how a sport competition views them - that means as much as how Donald Findlay views them. Legally and factually, they died.

that's not strictly true. green paid the liquidators £5m for rangers history, then the league buried their heads in the sand as if nothing ludicrous had happened.

alwaysthereinspirit
1 hour ago, Newton51 said:

I'd rather we didnt take loan players from either the @$$ cheeks thanks very much. Ever again.

Forever Hearts
Just now, alwaysthereinspirit said:

I'd rather we didnt take loan players from either the @$$ cheeks thanks very much. Ever again.

Even if it helps Hearts?

AllyjamboDerbyshire
On ‎13‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 00:30, Marooon! said:

Cheers. 

I wouldn't worry about that doubt that you say is annoying you; you see, Rangers didn't have a 'holding company', and as holding companies only 'hold' other limited companies, if Rangers had had a holding company, it would have removed the non-existent doubt that Rangers were a limited company that went bust.

Still, I am sure you will be able to name the 'holding company' you seem so sure existed.

brunoatemyhamster

I love this "we bought the history line". 

So if  Maradona sells me his boots from the 86 world Cup, does that mean it was me that skinned 6 dudes and scored the goal of the century? 

alwaysthereinspirit
Just now, Forever Hearts said:

Even if it helps Hearts?

It wont help Hearts. If they become starters and improve us then by the same token we are then weakened when we play their parent team and cant play them. We then have to play a weakened team against (hopefully) a team we're competing for better league positions and cups. No thanks.

AllyjamboDerbyshire
11 minutes ago, reaths17 said:

that's not strictly true. green paid the liquidators £5m for rangers history, then the league buried their heads in the sand as if nothing ludicrous had happened.

From memory, it was £1 that appeared on the balance sheet as the amount paid for the 'istory, which, if it was possible to 'buy' history, would be, in itself, proof that Green didn't buy the club, for, as we know with our own club, if you buy the club, there is no need to even pretend to buy the history.

Forever Hearts
1 minute ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

It wont help Hearts. If they become starters and improve us then by the same token we are then weakened when we play their parent team and cant play them. We then have to play a weakened team against (hopefully) a team we're competing for better league positions and cups. No thanks.

Nonsense. Dorrans and Lafferty would improve us. Absolutely ridiculous to suggest otherwise. 

Unknown user
On 13/07/2019 at 10:25, Marooon! said:

Can you explain why all the rangers fans on all the forums, in fact rangers fans everywhere, were adamant that the Cva must pass, that rangers would die if it didn't? Why was John Greig in tears at the news?

RIP-Rangers.jpg

I'll tell you why - they're not rangers any more, they let their club die. Going for 1.

Edited by Smithee

1 hour ago, OmiyaHearts said:

1 hour ago, Forever Hearts said:

But but but the Sevco stuff is hysterical. Honest. 

1 hour ago, reaths17 said:

53 minutes ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

I wouldn't worry about that doubt that you say is annoying you; you see, Rangers didn't have a 'holding company', and as holding companies only 'hold' other limited companies, if Rangers had had a holding company, it would have removed the non-existent doubt that Rangers were a limited company that went bust.

Still, I am sure you will be able to name the 'holding company' you seem so sure existed.

48 minutes ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

From memory, it was £1 that appeared on the balance sheet as the amount paid for the 'istory, which, if it was possible to 'buy' history, would be, in itself, proof that Green didn't buy the club, for, as we know with our own club, if you buy the club, there is no need to even pretend to buy the history.

26 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Can you explain why all the rangers fans on all the forums, in fact rangers fans everywhere, were adamant that the Cva must pass, that rangers would die if it didn't? Why was John Greig in tears at the news?

RIP-Rangers.jpg

I'll tell you why - they're not rangers any more, they let their club die. Going for 1.

Cheers for the replies. It's fun to wind up but I'd like a bit of clarity. From what I've read regarding the Leeds Utd case and even the vermin, Rangers are the same club if you consider other clubs and the fact that FIFA, UEFA and the Scottish FA list their honours and agree that the club has 54 titles etc. 

I don't want to bury my head in the sand cause I hate lies. I'm still not convinced they are a new club. It's fact that a new company replaced the original company which owned the club, exactly whats happened with other clubs being recognised as the same club. Would be nice if someone could post something that contradicts what the World, European and National football authorities say. 

Cheers lads. 

alwaysthereinspirit
1 minute ago, Marooon! said:

Cheers for the replies. It's fun to wind up but I'd like a bit of clarity. From what I've read regarding the Leeds Utd case and even the vermin, Rangers are the same club if you consider other clubs and the fact that FIFA, UEFA and the Scottish FA list their honours and agree that the club has 54 titles etc. 

I don't want to bury my head in the sand cause I hate lies. I'm still not convinced they are a new club. It's fact that a new company replaced the original company which owned the club, exactly whats happened with other clubs being recognised as the same club. Would be nice if someone could post something that contradicts what the World, European and National football authorities say. 

Cheers lads. 

Note to self. Do not engage as of NOW.

Footballfirst
12 minutes ago, Marooon! said:

Cheers lads. 

This is what a UEFA representative said about their information.

D-uI1bIW4AEtZ2v.jpg

In other words .... If you pretend that you are the same club as the one before, then we are not going to argue with you on a sporting continuity basis.

Edited by Footballfirst

AllyjamboDerbyshire
8 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

Note to self. Do not engage as of NOW.

Very sensible post. He's now made a total of 4 posts on JKB and is spending his time digging up arguments that have been made time and time again over the past 7 years with absolutely nothing new to say, himself, on the subject.

alwaysthereinspirit
Just now, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

Very sensible post. He's now made a total of 4 posts on JKB and is spending his time digging up arguments that have been made time and time again over the past 7 years with absolutely nothing new to say, himself, on the subject.

He'd make a great double agent. Not.

11 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

This is what a UEFA representative said about their information.

D-uI1bIW4AEtZ2v.jpg

In other words .... If you pretend that you are the same club as the one before, then we are not going to argue with you on a sporting continuity basis.

Yup. Basically "If you want to pretend you're the same club, we'll go along with it." 

They're the Talented Mr Ripley of football. 

Forever Hearts

Who cares if they're the same club or not? It's extremely tedious and speaks volumes the amount of posts about it compared to a paedophile ring operating in one of our biggest clubs. Priorities and all that I suppose. 

Brick Tamland
1 hour ago, Forever Hearts said:

Nonsense. Dorrans and Lafferty would improve us. Absolutely ridiculous to suggest otherwise. 

If you read his post in full you’ll see he isn’t saying that. 

Forever Hearts
4 minutes ago, Brick Tamland said:

If you read his post in full you’ll see he isn’t saying that. 

His first four words were "it won't help Hearts". How in God's name does he know that?

Brick Tamland
33 minutes ago, Marooon! said:

Cheers lads. 

You’ve had the clarity in many posts and if you read the whole thread there are some outstanding examples of clarity. But like the rest of your bigoted arsehole chums you’re choosing to ignore it, burying your heads in the sand whilst singing folk songs about a battle with a gay Dutchman in a foreign country. 

**** off back to your cave, you offer nothing on here. 

Brick Tamland
4 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

His first four words were "it won't help Hearts". How in God's name does he know that?

Read what he says after the first four words and you’ll get there. 

12 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Who cares if they're the same club or not? It's extremely tedious and speaks volumes the amount of posts about it compared to a paedophile ring operating in one of our biggest clubs. Priorities and all that I suppose. 

Maybe because a lot of people come on JKB for a bit of light hearted relief. We can laugh like **** at the fact Rangers died. Not so much at child abuse. 

Edited by Normthebarman

londonjambo
3 minutes ago, Brick Tamland said:

You’ve had the clarity in many posts and if you read the whole thread there are some outstanding examples of clarity. But like the rest of your bigoted arsehole chums you’re choosing to ignore it, burying your heads in the sand whilst singing folk songs about a battle with a gay Dutchman in a foreign country. 

**** off back to your cave, you offer nothing on here. 

Paul as the liberal Dutch cop

14 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

People are capable of discussing multiple different topics at any one time. Pointing at Celtic and saying ‘look they are paedos, so stop talking about Rangers’, would be the deflection tactics of an idiot. 

1 minute ago, Dannie Boy said:

So if we go tits up again we just sit tight, re invest and pretend we are a new club. 

And if anyone brings it up, we just point at Hibs and say “well, they had a paedophile youth coach”. 🙄

• 2 weeks later...
Forever Hearts
29 minutes ago, The Future's Maroon said:

If you think I visit Celtic forums and copied that from there you are mistaken, it was sent to me via text from a Celtic fan, I found it funny and posted it for others amusement. 👍

It's hysterical. Glad you posted it. 👍

• cosanostra changed the title to Sevco are as stupid as we thought