The Sevco saga continues ...

JamboAl

3 hours ago, JackLadd said:

Surely this is just more Titanic deckchair shuffling. They remain a toxic brand with no credit line. 

Sort of yes and no.

The "Softlenders" have in effect just bought shares in the club albeit in a circuitous way.  They possibly made a judgment on whether they were likely to be repaid anyway.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Footballfirst

• Unknown user

• buzzbomb1958

• Mysterion

upgotheheads
5 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Same way that Vlad used to do it. Hope it ends the same way for them. 

Didn't Vlad 'forgive' a debt of about £25 million?

Good lad was Vlad.

Footballfirst
1 hour ago, upgotheheads said:

Didn't Vlad 'forgive' a debt of about £25 million?

Good lad was Vlad.

image.png.8bf30c027e996a999acb773cff2ca94c.png

upgotheheads
1 minute ago, Footballfirst said:

An even better bloke than I thought. If Vlad's ever in Ayr I'll buy him a large Vodka.

4 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

If this post isn't already quoted on Hibs.nut it will be in 10, 9, 8...

I can almost hear their wee Lochend brains exploding. 

2 hours ago, upgotheheads said:

An even better bloke than I thought. If Vlad's ever in Ayr I'll buy him a large Vodka.

Vlad was a heck of a ride while it lasted. 

They have signed a lot of players in the window with more to come. Hard to keep that many players happy with game time and wage bill massive!

On 20/06/2019 at 20:10, Footballfirst said:

Nice. Think I'll give Barclaycard a bell in the morning and propose a similar plan. Will see how that goes...

2 hours ago, Newton51 said:

They have signed a lot of players in the window with more to come. Hard to keep that many players happy with game time and wage bill massive!

Players will be going out the door mate Lafferty grezda holt etc few clubs in for Alfredo and they will be loaning a good few out too so will save money on wages etc. 

Jason Holt wasting the best years of his career sitting in the Ibrox stands. Scottish Championship or English League 2 do we reckon?

14 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Players will be going out the door mate Lafferty grezda holt etc few clubs in for Alfredo and they will be loaning a good few out too so will save money on wages etc. 

1 hour ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Jason Holt wasting the best years of his career sitting in the Ibrox stands. Scottish Championship or English League 2 do we reckon?

QPR bound 

Edited by Bongo 1874

6 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

QPR bound 

What is going on at QPR just now? Wallace and Holt? :lol:

Has Ally McCoist got the gig?

Edit: Just noticed the Bread/Magic hat Man is their manager. Oh dear...

Edited by Icon of Symmetry

• 3 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Doc Rob said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48933441

I appreciate this is just rumours, but if there is any substance to it at all, I’d like to know where the hell they are getting £4m to spend.

They must raise near £15m-£20m on season tickets sales.

Plus.....

I doubt they’d need to pay £4m right away.

Edited by DH1986

buzzbomb1958
1 hour ago, DH1986 said:

They must raise near £15m-£20m on season tickets sales.

Plus.....

I doubt they’d need to pay £4m right away.

This is not what they pay upfront wages will be included in the final price the transfer fee itself will probably be a lot less ,the new entity trying to big themselves up

1 hour ago, Newton51 said:

Must have a bid for Morelos in as they don’t spend that amount when have 3 other centre backs

No doubt if he does leave them the press acolytes will print some vastly over inflated figure for the consumption of the Orcs.

Suspect something like:

£10k weekly, 4 year deal = over £2 million

£100k upfront signing on fee

£800k signing fee to Bologna plus £400k next year plus £300k next again year plus £200k following year

And/or 'performance extra' for Bologna which could really skew things! £1 million if Rangers win Champs League etc lol could drop all the other figures above substantially.

Smoke and mirrors as always with that lot....

46 minutes ago, mrcrisps said:

Suspect something like:

£10k weekly, 4 year deal = over £2 million

£100k upfront signing on fee

£800k signing fee to Bologna plus £400k next year plus £300k next again year plus £200k following year

And/or 'performance extra' for Bologna which could really skew things! £1 million if Rangers win Champs League etc lol could drop all the other figures above substantially.

Smoke and mirrors as always with that lot....

10k a week would make him one of the lowest earners in the squad. Lafferty is on more than that a week. I don’t doubt the payment plan tho. Unfortunately Aberdeen, Hearts, Hibs have allowed Rangers to waltz back into 2nd and allowed the old firm to regain power. Doubt we will ever see anyone split them two again unless another monetary collapse. 

Gavsy Van Gaverson
3 hours ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Rangers are a massive club we need to accept that, they are back unfortunately 

😂😂

buzzbomb1958
32 minutes ago, Gavsy Van Gaverson said:

😂😂

Not a massive club in world term they are a big fish in a tiny pond ,oh and they are a new club with no major honour to their new name

Clerry Jambo
2 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

Not a massive club in world term they are a big fish in a tiny pond ,oh and they are a new club with no major honour to their new name

They are massive and world wide whether we like it or not

12 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Historically I would agree

but in today’s global game they are a total irrelevance, whether they like it or not.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
1 hour ago, Clerry Jambo said:

They're not that big. North America is where a lot of they're fans are based, yet there was no demand to show their cup final v hibs on TV. 

JamboAndrew
57 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

Historically I would agree

but in today’s global game they are a total irrelevance, whether they like it or not.

Agree. And I think it's only really the Irish connection that's keeping Celtic from being one of those, heard of them and didn't they used to be big, type of teams.

buzzbomb1958
4 hours ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Maybe fanbase wise yes but compared to other clubs worldwide they haven't got a pot to piss in

alwaysthereinspirit
5 hours ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Other than a few thousand Ex Pats with really bad tattoos who really knows them?

Clerry Jambo
1 hour ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

Maybe fanbase wise yes but compared to other clubs worldwide they haven't got a pot to piss in

My point was based on fan base buzzbomb and agree re finance 

Enjoyed the fact the rangers #12 shirt has now been brought out of retirement.  (they retired it to thank the fans and their backing the new team after liquidation)

10 hours ago, busby1985 said:

10k a week would make him one of the lowest earners in the squad. Lafferty is on more than that a week. I don’t doubt the payment plan tho. Unfortunately Aberdeen, Hearts, Hibs have allowed Rangers to waltz back into 2nd and allowed the old firm to regain power. Doubt we will ever see anyone split them two again unless another monetary collapse. 

When you say allow, what exactly did you expect us to do to prevent that? We did our bit by leaving them stuck in the Championship another season, but ultimately they are not far away from 3 times our average attendance. 

12 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

When you say allow, what exactly did you expect us to do to prevent that? We did our bit by leaving them stuck in the Championship another season, but ultimately they are not far away from 3 times our average attendance. 

Allow was a stupid thing to say. I think you’d maybe agree that we have missed an opportunity to really hamper them. Cathro set us back, the rebuilds under Levein have also hindered us. 

Just now, busby1985 said:

Allow was a stupid thing to say. I think you’d maybe agree that we have missed an opportunity to really hamper them. Cathro set us back, the rebuilds under Levein have also hindered us. 

In that respect I do agree. Building up a head of steam and momentum to make it tougher from them, that was arrested when Neilson left.

Aberdeen did the entire league a turn by turfing them out of both Cups, though, keeping the newco from a single major honour.

We need to step up our woeful record against them. It is a frustrating that plenty teams lost any fear of them but we haven't. 

Just now, Gizmo said:

In that respect I do agree. Building up a head of steam and momentum to make it tougher from them, that was arrested when Neilson left.

Aberdeen did the entire league a turn by turfing them out of both Cups, though, keeping the newco from a single major honour.

We need to step up our woeful record against them. It is a frustrating that plenty teams lost any fear of them but we haven't. 

Yeah our record against them is poor, if we beat everyone outside the old firm regularly then I could kinda forgive the collapses against them. I hope we see a big difference against them this season. 

buzzbomb1958
15 minutes ago, sac said:

They are bigoted scum of the lowest order. They died. A similar pile of scum took their place.

This

Weakened Offender
13 hours ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Rangers are a massive club we need to accept that, they are back unfortunately 

I'll accept they're a massive club when they get round to winning their first major trophy.

Hectormasson
4 hours ago, Gizmo said:

Exactly,,,we must have the worst record in the league against them, everyone else seems to do them now and again.......

Diadora Van Basten

I don’t think they are that big to be honest and can’t see them catching Celtic anytime soon. 

They have had a couple of wins over Celtic with the help of some Rangers minded refs but still got turned over by Aberdeen and Killie.

They are loss making, don’t have the Bank of Scotland and dodgy tax avoidance schemes to help them like Old Rangers and haven’t got any players that would command a decent fee for. 

Hectormasson
1 hour ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

I don’t think they are that big to be honest and can’t see them catching Celtic anytime soon. 

They have had a couple of wins over Celtic with the help of some Rangers minded refs but still got turned over by Aberdeen and Killie.

They are loss making, don’t have the Bank of Scotland and dodgy tax avoidance schemes to help them like Old Rangers and haven’t got any players that would command a decent fee for. 

I only hope that hearts can do some damage on the field this season against them , as that's seven consecutive defeats to them, absolutely f.....g terrible record......

Yes, Sevco still have a big fan base and will sell 3-4 times as many STs as Hearts. However, they also have

much bigger overheads, pay much higher wages (their wage bill must dwarf ours), make big losses year-on-year and have to be bailed out with ‘soft loans’ and haven’t sold anyone for big money (yet). I don’t even remember them resolving the issues regarding their lack of a NomAd or credit facilities, though I may well have missed this and will be happy to be corrected.

I just don’t see where the money for

multi-million pound transfers is coming from.

SuperstarSteve

We are a much bigger club than rangers. I’ll debate that with anyone. 

Saving your club is as big as it gets. 

Worldwide fanbase my arse. They are known worldwide but nobody actually supports them.

Hence when the biggest moment in the clubs history happened. Nobody done a goddamn thing except cry about injustice. 

But our lot? A so called minuscule none worldwide celebrity fanbase (albeit close to 200k watched parade of Scottish cup in 98 I believe) Dragged our club back from the brink of death. 

Since 2011 at not point will I ever consider rangers a bigger club untill they have more cups than us. 

And never will I consider them to have a bigger fanbase.

And by fanbase. I mean real fans. 

I absolutely despise that shithouse of a comedy club and everything they stand for. 

5 minutes ago, SuperstarSteve said:

Worldwide fanbase my arse. They are known worldwide but nobody actually supports them.

Hence when the biggest moment in the clubs history happened. Nobody done a goddamn thing except cry about injustice. 

But our lot? A so called minuscule none worldwide celebrity fanbase (albeit close to 200k watched parade of Scottish cup in 98 I believe) Dragged our club back from the brink of death. 

Since 2011 at not point will I ever consider rangers a bigger club untill they have more cups than us. 

I absolutely despise that shithouse of a comedy club and everything they stand for. 

Well said sir! 

32 minutes ago, SuperstarSteve said:

Chapeau my man. 

WATP they howl,  where was WATP when they died? They are scum who let their club die.

Let's not pretend that Rangers don't have a huge, global, worldwide fan base. 

But let's not forget that that huge, global, worldwide fan base let their club die. 

That's the difference between us and them. They have fans who, when push came to shove, couldn't be arsed to save the club. 

We, on the other hand, have supporters who dragged the club off it's knees and carried it on their back to safety. 

It's the equivalent of ignoring your mates phone calls when he's at his lowest and suicidal, and dragging his ass up at their lowest to make sure they get the help that they need. 

We have supporters. They have fans. 

Who let their club die. 

Glamorgan Jambo

Sevco have a huge fanbase no doubt. I'd question how much is worldwide aside from a few supporters clubs in the usual Scottish emigre hotspots. 

I do think they have a chance this season. Firstly because I do rate Gerrard as a manager. He improved his team a fair bit last season and showed he's tough enough to stand up to and if necessary ship out non performers and trouble makers (yes that's you Kyle Lafferty). Don't underestimate how important their two derby wins will be in the psychological battle. 

Their bigger opportunity though is the presence of a volatile and argumentative idiot in the celtic dug out. Lennon always falls out with players and folks around him and whilst he's decent enough at thinking on his feet during the heat of a match he'll lose more matches this coming season than Rodgers did during his time here. 

Overall I think the league is likely to be too much an ask for their limited squad but I'd expect them to win a cup. At which point Gerrard will be immortalised by the hunnish hordes. And sought after by a semi decent club down south. And then he'll be gone and they'll be back where they started. 

Glamorgan Jambo

Sevco have a huge fanbase no doubt. I'd question how much is worldwide aside from a few supporters clubs in the usual Scottish emigre hotspots. 

I do think they have a chance this season. Firstly because I do rate Gerrard as a manager. He improved his team a fair bit last season and showed he's tough enough to stand up to and if necessary ship out non performers and trouble makers (yes that's you Kyle Lafferty). Don't underestimate how important their two derby wins will be in the psychological battle. 

Their bigger opportunity though is the presence of a volatile and argumentative idiot in the celtic dug out. Lennon always falls out with players and folks around him and whilst he's decent enough at thinking on his feet during the heat of a match he'll lose more matches this coming season than Rodgers did during his time here. 

Overall I think the league is likely to be too much an ask for their limited squad but I'd expect them to win a cup. At which point Gerrard will be immortalised by the hunnish hordes. And sought after by a semi decent club down south. And then he'll be gone and they'll be back where they started. 

Seymour M Hersh
On 11/07/2019 at 13:05, Clerry Jambo said:

I have to disagree with the world wide bit Clerry. They are only massive where there are large pockets of ex-pat Scots & Northern Irish (proddies). 

• cosanostra changed the title to Sevco are as stupid as we thought