• Ronald Villiers

• Saint Jambo

• RobboM

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Portable Badger
Just now, Ronald Villiers said:

Great goal Zanatta

Really pleased Zanatta and Keena getting among the goals.   I'd like them to be given a proper shot in the first team

Captain Canada

Zanatta and Keena deserve a run of starts in the first team. MacLean did very little last season but played game after game. At least they're in form unlike Washington and Uche. Hard to see how they could do worse than not scoring at all! 

1 minute ago, Captain Canada said:

Zanatta and Keena deserve a run of starts in the first team. MacLean did very little last season but played game after game. At least they're in form unlike Washington and Uche. Hard to see how they could do worse than not scoring at all! 

Just now, Zlatanable said:

and McDonald.

Hopefully some of them will be involved on Friday.

Tennant's  6's
5 minutes ago, Portable Badger said:

Really pleased Zanatta and Keena getting among the goals.   I'd like them to be given a proper shot in the first team

You're not the only one. Both deserve a start, and would be better thdn Uche & MacLean, that for sure. 

They're both ready to play their part,likewise McDonald 

3 minutes ago, HMFC86 said:

When’s Andy Kirk being promoted? 

I’d prefer Kirk over Daly or Fox if that’s the route we’re going down. 

Great result. Hopefully a trophy this year! 

Kirk should be next manager with Levein back upstairs. No doubt in my mind

Not to keep with the Levein-bashing (I’m relatively calm about the subject) but why on earth did Henderson play Sat when Mcdonald, Zannata and Keena were available. Madness 

1 minute ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Celtic u21 lost also :yas:

Great night’s football. The turtle has obviously started to get the upper hand in the battle with the spider beneath the dark tower.

10 minutes ago, R1874 said:

Great result. Hopefully a trophy this year! 

Kirk should be next manager with Levein back upstairs. No doubt in my mind

Not to keep with the Levein-bashing (I’m relatively calm about the subject) but why on earth did Henderson play Sat when Mcdonald, Zannata and Keena were available. Madness 

Henderson was the stand out last week against Albion Rovers.

2 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

Henderson was the stand out last week against Albion Rovers.

And then looked like a rabbit in the headlights on Saturday... 

3 minutes ago, amadjambo said:

Where was Zanatta played?

Off Keena's shoulder in a 3-4-3 I'd say with McDonald a little deeper and wider as the other man in the 3.

1 minute ago, Stavropol said:

And then looked like a rabbit in the headlights on Saturday... 

Bit harsh I'd say. Thrown on into a team that was putting in a horrible performance. But I think the lesson from that is that posters should maybe be less sure that Zanatta, Keena and others would be quick solutions to the first team rather than that Levein got it wrong with who he promoted at the weekend. Really tiring that a good win by the youth team is turned into another thread to whinge a about the first team and management.  Wouldn't it be nice if this thread could just enjoy a good performance and victory.

chester copperpot

Went to watch this. On way home. Great result and we played some brilliant stuff at times.

I dunno what's happening in between the 1st team and the reserves/colts but the football seems totally different.

Just IMO.

Tennant's  6's
1 minute ago, chester copperpot said:

Went to watch this. On way home. Great result and we played some brilliant stuff at times.

I dunno what's happening in between the 1st team and the reserves/colts but the football seems totally different.

Just IMO.

You're not the first person to say that. Really annoying. 

Some of these guys deserve some game time in the first team, could give the team a lift.

As well as the new signings :whistling:

Good performance particularly second half. Cowden keeper on loan from the vermin was the man of the match.

Zanatta,  Keena,  McDonald and Bauer were best for us. Stone looks a good keeper too.

Overall I thought it was a good performance. The lads played nice possession, passing football on a better surface and in much better weather conditions than last week. I thought there were less standout and below par performances than last week with generally above average across the board.

Stone - Good handling. Hesitant in coming for balls a few times in the first half but got away with it. Unfortunate not to get a clean sheet.

Petkov - Solid performance. None of the defenders massively tested. Confident with ball at his feet.

Hamilton - Strong performance. Looks the best of the centre backs despite looking tiny in comparison to Petkov and Baur.

Baur - Better today. A few shaky moments but put under less pressure and a bit more composed with ball and his feet. Good finish with his head for goal.

Logan - I like him. A bit quiet at times and needed to he demanding the ball more but caused them a lot of problems.

Burns - Playing on left side and did well. No issue with speaking up to demand the ball. Nice and confident. Hard in the tackle too.

Cochrane - Much better tonight. More like his old self. Cool on the ball and keeping play ticking over. Happy to step forward with ball at his feet when opportunity arose.

Ritche - A fairly quiet game. Didn't really notice him but nothing particularly bad either.

McDonald - Worked hard and did well even if nothing quite came off.

Zanatta - Played well. Constant menace running at and beyond the Beath defence. Looking for opportunities to play on others or take a shot.

Keena - Looked like being a frustrating night until Beath went down to 10men. Worked hard and created opportunities for himself. Sometimes a little greedy. Poor penalty but then good finish for the goal.

chester copperpot
1 minute ago, Tennant's 6's said:

Some of these guys deserve some game time in the first team, could give the team a lift.

1 minute ago, Tennant's 6's said:

I dont want to do a Levein bashing thing as Its not (normally) my thing.

The academy should mirror the way the 1st team.

RenfrewHearts
47 minutes ago, Captain Canada said:

Zanatta was poor against East Fife. Decent dribbler but looked a bit lost off the ball imo.

Hearts through, Kelty Hearts through and Celtic put of two cups on the same night.

My mood has brightened considerably.

Nice feeling coming away froma  Hearts match purring about the performance (second half in particular) and result. Thought Cochrane was excellent 2nd half, must have been a change of shape because suddenly he wasn't crowded out and could pick out passes for fun. Thorouhgly enjoyed Zanatta's directness, McDonald's skill to wriggle through, Keena's determination to score, Bobby Burns demanding the ball constantly. Lots of positives.

1 minute ago, Zlatanable said:

Hi. question for you, hope you don't mind, did you mean the uni playings fields, when you said prestonfield near to little France?

Dont mind in the least.  I'm taking about 50 plus years ago.  Don't think they were Uni playing fields then but may be wrong.  

5 minutes ago, RobboM said:

Nice feeling coming away froma  Hearts match purring about the performance (second half in particular) and result. Thought Cochrane was excellent 2nd half, must have been a change of shape because suddenly he wasn't crowded out and could pick out passes for fun. Thorouhgly enjoyed Zanatta's directness, McDonald's skill to wriggle through, Keena's determination to score, Bobby Burns demanding the ball constantly. Lots of positives.

Did many people turn up?

Hungry hippo
4 minutes ago, Tennant's 6's said:

The thing I would add is that Zanatta, Keena, Burns, Henderson and McDonald have already played a bit in the first team this season and found it tough like their more senior teammates.

I'm not at all saying that they don't deserve more chances but just highlighting the difficulties of stepping up and in particular dealing with the massive increase in expectations.

For example, Henderson was brilliant in the last round of this competition and is already being written off by many on here after his subsequent disappointing substitute appearance at the weekend.

Great result and always happy for a player like Keena to get another goal. Also good to hear Cochrane had a better game. He is a class act and needs to rebuild after all the injuries last season.

Byyy The Light
56 minutes ago, Captain Canada said:

Jesus, give Washington a chance. 15 mins against Aberdeen and a start on Saturday and he’s getting written off.

Coburg Hearts
29 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

Off Keena's shoulder in a 3-4-3 I'd say with McDonald a little deeper and wider as the other man in the 3.

Bit harsh I'd say. Thrown on into a team that was putting in a horrible performance. But I think the lesson from that is that posters should maybe be less sure that Zanatta, Keena and others would be quick solutions to the first team rather than that Levein got it wrong with who he promoted at the weekend. Really tiring that a good win by the youth team is turned into another thread to whinge a about the first team and management.  Wouldn't it be nice if this thread could just enjoy a good performance and victory.

Amen!

5 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Did many people turn up?

Couldn't put a figure to it just something along the lines of "Decent turn out, felt busy enough"

chester copperpot
10 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

Don’t think Zanatta or Keena are good enough tbh

However I hope Macdonald and Irving get game time this season  

I'd like Keena to get way more time.

The rest of your post I am still undecided  

Coburg Hearts
11 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

Jesus, give Washington a chance. 15 mins against Aberdeen and a start on Saturday and he’s getting written off.

Amen again.

RenfrewHearts
18 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

The thing I would add is that Zanatta, Keena, Burns, Henderson and McDonald have already played a bit in the first team this season and found it tough like their more senior teammates.

I'm not at all saying that they don't deserve more chances but just highlighting the difficulties of stepping up and in particular dealing with the massive increase in expectations.

For example, Henderson was brilliant in the last round of this competition and is already being written off by many on here after his subsequent disappointing substitute appearance at the weekend.

Great result and always happy for a player like Keena to get another goal. Also good to hear Cochrane had a better game. He is a class act and needs to rebuild after all the injuries last season.

Agreed regards Cochrane. These games are ideal for the youngsters atm in terms of building some confidence at a more senior level. 

The number of folk talking about Cochrane’s goal against Celtic as if it’s the only thing he did. He was outstanding in several games and also well above par in many others at 16 years old. To write him off after a tough season and a month into the next is, quite frankly, ridiculous.

2 minutes ago, Alan_R said:

What's the story about Danny baur? Was he notbloamed to bonnyrigg at one point and suggestions were he might be out the door?

He is on loan at Bonnyrigg, but can still play the reserves and/or colts. 

Portable Badger
33 minutes ago, RobboM said:

Couldn't put a figure to it just something along the lines of "Decent turn out, felt busy enough"

BBC saying 326 attendance tonight 

Ronald Villiers
25 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

I'd like Keena to get way more time.

The rest of your post I am still undecided  

I thought Keena was good but Zanatta was exceptional in the second half tonight.   His pace, skill and awareness was excellent.  I was fearing that he may be on his way out having failed to make his mark in the first team over the past few seasons.  If he could reproduce this form he would be in with a shout every week, however, he drifted in and out of the game first half.  Inconsistency is his enemy.  

45 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

Overall I thought it was a good performance. The lads played nice possession, passing football on a better surface and in much better weather conditions than last week. I thought there were less standout and below par performances than last week with generally above average across the board.

Stone - Good handling. Hesitant in coming for balls a few times in the first half but got away with it. Unfortunate not to get a clean sheet.

Petkov - Solid performance. None of the defenders massively tested. Confident with ball at his feet.

Hamilton - Strong performance. Looks the best of the centre backs despite looking tiny in comparison to Petkov and Baur.

Baur - Better today. A few shaky moments but put under less pressure and a bit more composed with ball and his feet. Good finish with his head for goal.

Logan - I like him. A bit quiet at times and needed to he demanding the ball more but caused them a lot of problems.

Burns - Playing on left side and did well. No issue with speaking up to demand the ball. Nice and confident. Hard in the tackle too.

Cochrane - Much better tonight. More like his old self. Cool on the ball and keeping play ticking over. Happy to step forward with ball at his feet when opportunity arose.

Ritche - A fairly quiet game. Didn't really notice him but nothing particularly bad either.

McDonald - Worked hard and did well even if nothing quite came off.

Zanatta - Played well. Constant menace running at and beyond the Beath defence. Looking for opportunities to play on others or take a shot.

Keena - Looked like being a frustrating night until Beath went down to 10men. Worked hard and created opportunities for himself. Sometimes a little greedy. Poor penalty but then good finish for the goal.

Think ur analysis of some of the players off the mark.

McDonald had 2 great saves from keeper, an onside goal disallowed and 2 assists and u say worked hard but nothing quite came off.

Bauer was excellent from the 1st whistle. Stepped forward with the ball, won headers and was physically strong, a commanding performance from him.

Ritchie did the dirty work very well tonight, won the ball and moved it on, always an out when needed, kept it simple.

Zanatta a bit like Keena in decision making, too eager to score goals when people in better positions.strong running and his physicality was excellent 

Keena needs to lift his head and know whats around him, 4 or 5 times tonight he is trying to beat 3 players when others in yards of space, he would get more goals if he used the ball better.

Harry an excellent 2nd half, as did whole team, he found good positions to dictate the game  passing was excellent 

Burns  best i have seen him, worked tirelessly up and down, always offering for the ball.