Tunnocks Caramel Wafer Challenge Cup

Matthew Le Tissier

Matthew Le Tissier

Anyone else heading through to Coatbridge? 

£6 adult 

Concessions £3 

Under 12s free with paying adult 

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Ronald Villiers

• Saint Jambo

• RobboM

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Randy Marsh

Yeah plan on going. Never been to Cliftonville so can tick it off my list.  Just 2 more grounds to get in Scotland afterwards.  Annan and East Fife.

Randy Marsh

Some really tasty odds on some games tommorow night.  Brora to beat Aberdeen and Cove Rangers to beat St.Johnstone looks a cracking double.

Edited by Randy Marsh

tartofmidlothian
4 hours ago, Randy Marsh said:

Some really tasty odds on some games tommorow night.  Brora to beat Aberdeen and Cove Rangers to beat St.Johnstone looks a cracking double.

Cove to beat St Johnstone is a good shout, East Kilbride to beat St Mirren is another. Killie away to Barry Ferguson's Kelty Hearts should be good.

The Teacake beats the Caramel Wafer, Shirley.... Disnae outweigh it though. I wonder why, specifically, The Wafer' is the sponsor? I'm probably the only one mind.

The Treasurer

Still think this would be better if they followed the EFL Cup model and played group games at this stage.

It would benefit the U21 players having more games and benefit some of the smaller clubs by getting extra gate revenue when they played the bigger clubs

5 hours ago, scratchy said:

The Teacake beats the Caramel Wafer, Shirley.... Disnae outweigh it though. I wonder why, specifically, The Wafer' is the sponsor? I'm probably the only one mind.

No, it's a good question while lots are asking.

IMG_20190806_103950.jpg

Maroon Sailor

Another one for the teacake

Albion Rovers used to be sponsored by Tunnocks. Knew a trialist for them and I think he made the most of the teacakes and caramel wafers.

Suffice to say the pudding never got taken on

6 hours ago, scratchy said:

Not the only one. :2thumbsup:

The Tunnocks Challenge Cup would have sounded much better and a lot less Mickey Mouse. 

The Caramel Log is the best. Hate that shaving foam muck in the Teacake and Snowball. 

Maroon Sailor
17 minutes ago, martoon said:

Not the only one. :2thumbsup:

The Tunnocks Challenge Cup would have sounded much better and a lot less Mickey Mouse. 

The Caramel Log is the best. Hate that shaving foam muck in the Teacake and Snowball. 

Only one way to eat a Tunnocks Teacake

Take off the chocolate shell first with your teeth

Lick the cream out

Then finish off the biscuit base

Footballfirst

Hearts U18s lost 1-4 to Everton earlier today.  Going by the very young Hearts side (mainly 2003/2004s) there will be a number of the slightly older ones at least on the bench tonight.

"Max" actually captained the side, which must be a bit of a first with a trialist as captain.

1 hour ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Lick the cream out

Yesssssss

1 hour ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Lick the cream out

Alan Titchmarsh will probably steal those lines for his next saucy novel. 

:lol:

Saint Jambo

Is Hickey available for this one or is it some stupid rule where he is suspended from the game but it doesn't count towards serving his suspension?

Just had a look at the rules. I thought it had become an U21 competition, but bizarrely the age restriction for colt teams is players "who had not attained the age of 20 years on 31 December of the year before the year in which the relevant Season commences", along with a max of two overage players. So for example Kelby Mason who doesn't turn 21 until October is classed as an overage player. Also worth remembering players out on loan can play.

I think this means players available (excluding over age) are:

- GoalKeepers: Stones

- Defenders: Hickey, Burns, Baur, Petkov, Hamilton, Sandison

- Midfielders: Irving, Cochrane, McDonald, Smith, Ritchie (Morrison when back from injury)

- Forwards: Keena, Henderson

Plus all the academy players.

Unlikely Irving will play given he played on Sunday. I guess a similar logic applies to Hickey even if his suspension doesn't apply.

Sensible players to consider for the two overage spots might include one of the goalies, Brandon, Bozanic, Moore, Wigthon, Zanatta, Currie (if fit, lost track of his injuries).

scott herbertson
4 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Kelty play Kilmarnock Colts

Damn

If I'd have known there was a free biscuit I would have made the series of bus journeys this morning

Poor show not giving us advance warning of this

Jambo 4 Ever
On 06/08/2019 at 15:16, Jeff said:

Guy I was at school with plays with Albion. Was a decent player back in the day, interesting to see how he does

How did he play?

Portable Badger
1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Can anyone confirm if there will be a free wafer for attending the game?   I'll be pretty feckin miffed if I'm hacking down & up from Inverness and there's nae biscuit !!!!

:raging:

TyphoonJambo
15 hours ago, Portable Badger said:

Can anyone confirm if there will be a free wafer for attending the game?   I'll be pretty feckin miffed if I'm hacking down & up from Inverness and there's nae biscuit !!!!

:raging:

For that distance I would want an entire box of caramel logs stuff yer poofy wee wavers 

Portable Badger
1 minute ago, TypoonJambo said:

For that distance I would want an entire box of caramel logs stuff yer poofy wee wavers 

You could be onto a winning thought there. 👍🏻

been here before

Next round game v Cowdenbeath on Tuesday 13th moved from Tynecastle to Prestonfield, Linlithgow.

Same prices as last game.

£6 for adults, £3 for concessions (O65 / 13 – 16yo), and under-13s get in for free. Cash gate only.

No word on the availabilty of wafers/tea cakes.

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/colts-to-take-on-cowdenbeath-at-prestonfield

Off to Linlithgow tonight to see how the boys do. Hopefully similar to last week's result.  Hamilton, Burns, Henderson, Keena and McDonald on reflection were best last week but hope Cochrane and Smith get going this time too.

2 minutes ago, sidjamesbottle said:

suspect the state of the pitch

Would've thought Oriam would be first preference, and failing that, a Junior pitch still within Edinburgh.

5 minutes ago, Locky said:

Would've thought Oriam would be first preference, and failing that, a Junior pitch still within Edinburgh.

What Junior teams are there in Edinburgh? Prestonfield better surface than anywhere in Lothians, including Tynecastle,  at the moment.

3 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

What Junior teams are there in Edinburgh? Prestonfield better surface than anywhere in Lothians, including Tynecastle,  at the moment.

Spartans, Paties Road, as mentioned Oriam. Even just a wee bit outside like Newtongrange or Bonnyrigg. Plenty decent pitches around, just thought Linlithgow was a bit out the way.

1 minute ago, Locky said:

Spartans, Paties Road, as mentioned Oriam. Even just a wee bit outside like Newtongrange or Bonnyrigg. Plenty decent pitches around, just thought Linlithgow was a bit out the way.

If Winchburgh tunnel not flooded, Linlithgow easily accessible. Handy for me! Hopefully a good turn out of West Lothian and Falkirk/Larbert jambos tonight. 

Think challenge cup ties have to be on a registered ground and not a training center so that ruled oriam out 

Edited by Blackshades

13 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

If Winchburgh tunnel not flooded, Linlithgow easily accessible. Handy for me! Hopefully a good turn out of West Lothian and Falkirk/Larbert jambos tonight. 

Hopefully. Good opportunity for folk out that way to see the young lads I guess. 

I can't go anyway, but if I wasn't busy I doubt I could justify going through there from Mussy.

Footballfirst
30 minutes ago, Blackshades said:

Think challenge cup ties have to be on a registered ground and not a training center so that ruled oriam out 

The outdoor astro pitch is the registered ground used by Heriot Watt University in the East of Scotland League, the same League as Linlithgow.

Linlithgow, however, is a licensed member of the SFA so that may be the difference.

1 hour ago, Locky said:

I agree, Prestonfield is a bit of a shitehole . I'm going to go regardless though

On 09/08/2019 at 07:47, Jeff said:

Was benched funnily enough. Must have had a knock as he usually starts in CM

The lower league teams normally play their reserves/fringe players against U20s so not surprising if he wasn't starting.

8 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

You are talking out of your arse, with all due respect. 

Home town Bo'ness!?,  goes with the territory.

29 minutes ago, jimbojambo said:

Do we not get SFA money if we play at a Junior ground or did I dream that?

Whether you dreamt it or not won't matter , Linlithgow Rose are not a Junior club

43 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

Home town Bo'ness!?,  goes with the territory.

Haha i'm only at the wind up, got a few bites though 

Always a great playing surface at Prestonfield 

1 hour ago, jimbojambo said:

Do we not get SFA money if we play at a Junior ground or did I dream that?

There was a schedule of payments for playing U20 league games when it was an U20 league. 

Think Zanatta and Currie are the overage players in the squad. Henderson not in the squad maybe suggests he will be on bench with a view to playing on Friday. Imagine  dropping Doyle from this team will get tongues wagging. Look forward to seeing the much hyped Stone in action.

FB_IMG_1565719268872.jpg