Sportscene

Diadora Van Basten

40 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

Agree with Stephen Thompson that we are soft. Halkett didn’t cover himself in glory at the second and Clare was at fault for the first (although Berra was taken out off the ball) and dreadful at the third completely taking his eye of the ball. Uche goal lucky to stand as he bundled over the Motherwell defender.

Clare at fault for 2 of the 3 goals whilst also falling about like a wee girl for most of the game yet if that clown is still in charge Clare will be the first name in the team sheet for the derby. 

Genuinely is like having a man less when he plays 

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BarneyBattles44

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Seymour M Hersh

• Marooon!

53 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

Agree with Stephen Thompson that we are soft. Halkett didn’t cover himself in glory at the second and Clare was at fault for the first (although Berra was taken out off the ball) and dreadful at the third completely taking his eye of the ball. Uche goal lucky to stand as he bundled over the Motherwell defender.

Berra gets booked regularly because he's too slow and has to foul on a regular basis.

We're bottom of the league. Our team is a mess. Our coach is a joke. But we've got a new stand...!

Lord Beni of Gorgie
54 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

I agree we are soft,  but contradictory if Uche knocks the boy out of the way. Looked to me at the time the guy wasn't going for the ball but haven't seen it yet

5 minutes ago, Section Q said:

Berra gets booked regularly because he's too slow and has to foul on a regular basis.

We're bottom of the league. Our team is a mess. Our coach is a joke. But we've got a new stand...!

Cracking stand though tbf , stadium looks the dogs . 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, Section Q said:

Discussion on the 2 hour journey home last night,  facilities and staff should compliment one another. 

Its not about one or the other. 

In among the seethe,  the remarkable transformation of the business can't be dismissed because the onfield antics are awful. 

If performance is good it's not the slightest issue for most folk.

Reality is over 90% of fans,  and that's conservative,  including myself would not have ran a business or know how to, let alone one as complex , public and emotional as football. 

We really need to be honest enough to admit the achievements in among the mistakes 

1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

Discussion on the 2 hour journey home last night,  facilities and staff should compliment one another. 

In among the seethe,  the remarkable transformation of the business can't be dismissed because the onfield antics are awful. 

Reality is over 90% of fans,  and that's conservative,  including myself would not have ran a business or know how to, let alone one as complex , public and emotional as football. 

We really need to be honest enough to admit the achievements in among the mistakes 

I'm getting concerned Budge is going to walk if Levein is forced out. 

I mean he should absolutely leave, but I don't believe Budge will force him out. Fan anger might do the job, but I'm not sure how happy that will make Budge in losing her 'footballing adviser' ?

Just now, OTT said:

I mean he should absolutely leave, but I don't believe Budge will force him out. Fan anger might do the job, but I'm not sure how happy that will make Budge in losing her 'footballing adviser' ?

Genuinely, who cares. If she is that weak that she can't function without Levein then see you both later. Time to stop the pussyfooting around.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, OTT said:

The sanitary thing is pish.

Reaction to folk getting assaulted in the ground and contraband fireworks being lit.

Atmosphere. It has never ever been an issue,  nor ever will be when Hearts play well. 

Owners are never popular. But some ruin clubs and some make them profitable. 

Which one to pick 

6 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Business side seems fine,In football terms it's shocking,most fans are only interested in what they see on the park,that's a reality.

4 minutes ago, OTT said:

What nonsense.

If she’s that torn she shouldn’t be in position and good riddance.

This is the 3rd biggest club in Scotland. Not the playground.

The commentator for the Killie Hibs match sounded like he was in a phone box. I wish they would stop trying to pretend he was at the game and just describe the action by talking through the edited highlights.

Weakened Offender
13 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Hearts aren't Hearts any more but, according to the Section N Groomers.

1 minute ago, Whatever said:

What nonsense.

If she’s that torn she shouldn’t be in position and good riddance.

This is the 3rd biggest club in Scotland. Not the playground.

In what way is that nonsense? Folk are questioning if Levein is made of teflon because our run of results since Neilson left has been utterly tragic. I'm entirely confident every other owner in world football would have binned him by now.

Budge is in her late 60s and has said on multiple occasions how she leans on Levein in navigating football. I'm concerned that she'll walk if he has to go. I think based on what we're seeing its a very valid question to ask. She's almost paid up now too, so again, with that in mind   it remains perfectly valid to question if Leveins continued involvement is a condition of Budge staying on.

10 minutes ago, RudiHMFC said:

Genuinely, who cares. If she is that weak that she can't function without Levein then see you both later. Time to stop the pussyfooting around.

I do. I don't agree with some of what Budge is doing, but the financial results speak for themselves. £15m has to be a club record (excl. any notable years with crazy player sales Gordon, Berra etc). In terms of growing the club, I'd be annoyed if she walked with Levein. We'd be losing a serious asset. 

17 minutes ago, OTT said:

She won't walk mate. Elderly lady enjoying the unexpected spotlight and probably enjoying what she's doing.

1 minute ago, OTT said:

In what way is that nonsense? Folk are questioning if Levein is made of teflon because our run of results since Neilson left has been utterly tragic. I'm entirely confident every other owner in world football would have binned him by now.

Budge is in her late 60s and has said on multiple occasions how she leans on Levein in navigating football. I'm concerned that she'll walk if he has to go. I think based on what we're seeing its a very valid question to ask. She's almost paid up now too, so again, with that in mind   it remains perfectly valid to question if Leveins continued involvement is a condition of Budge staying on.

I do. I don't agree with some of what Budge is doing, but the financial results speak for themselves. £15m has to be a club record (excl. any notable years with crazy player sales Gordon, Berra etc). In terms of growing the club, I'd be annoyed if she walked with Levein. We'd be losing a serious asset. 

She won’t walk until she’s paid back.

She never earned her fortune by behaving in such a lily livered way.

It’s nonsense to suggest otherwise 

3 minutes ago, OTT said:

Figures mean absolutely nothing to me when we're bottom of the league without a league win since March. 

If Budge can't go on without Levein then she must also go.

Jambof3tornado
47 minutes ago, Section Q said:

Berra isnt picking up bookings coz he's slow, he is forever is the wrong position body wise to defend properly. So many times he has to come through the man to try for the ball.

34 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

The recovery from near liquidation is undoubtedly significant, but ultimately the core business and its growth are based on the performance of the first team. 

We saw a rapid recovery with promotion at the first time of asking, 3rd place back in the premiership followed by a downward trend over successive seasons that shows no sign of slowing down far less reversing.

Business growth will plateau if not fall from the 2018/19 figures (when published), unless there is leadership at the top that is capable of turning things round. I've seen no evidence of that since AB commented less than three ago that "my view is that anything less than third is not very good,"

At some point you have to start looking forward rather than reflecting on the depths of where we were headed seven years ago.  The club was secure within two years of coming out of liquidation.

12 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Berra isnt picking up bookings coz he's slow, he is forever is the wrong position body wise to defend properly. So many times he has to come through the man to try for the ball.

Yes he is. Can't remember a player going down hill so fast.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
24 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

The recovery from near liquidation is undoubtedly significant, but ultimately the core business and its growth are based on the performance of the first team. 

We saw a rapid recovery with promotion at the first time of asking, 3rd place back in the premiership followed by a downward trend over successive seasons that shows no sign of slowing down far less reversing.

Business growth will plateau if not fall from the 2018/19 figures (when published), unless there is leadership at the top that is capable of turning things round. I've seen no evidence of that since AB commented less than three ago that "my view is that anything less than third is not very good,"

At some point you have to start looking forward rather than reflecting on the depths of where we were headed seven years ago.  The club was secure within two years of coming out of liquidation.

I thought I made the point about onfield performance. 

Obviously not. 

Sacking people who are paid to make money for making money. 

Only morons would advocate that 

annushorribilis III
1 hour ago, RudiHMFC said:

Figures mean absolutely nothing to me when we're bottom of the league without a league win since March. 

If Budge can't go on without Levein then she must also go.

Or maybe, if AB wants to stay & continue to grow the club then she can't do it with CL at the helm,that much is obvious.  

2 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

I thought I made the point about onfield performance. 

Obviously not. 

Sacking people who are paid to make money for making money. 

Only morons would advocate that 

I noted that you referred to the onfield performance, but I don't accept the premise that because the "business" has done so well over the last five years that it in some way mitigates the deteriorating onfield performance that we have witnessed over the last three years.

3 hours ago, farin said:

I thought it looked bad at the game but from this angle, dearie me. :facepalm:

What the feck was Clare doing there FFS!! 🤬

4 hours ago, rick witter said:

Clare at fault for 2 of the 3 goals whilst also falling about like a wee girl for most of the game yet if that clown is still in charge Clare will be the first name in the team sheet for the derby. 

Genuinely is like having a man less when he plays 

If there is one thing that sums up Levein’s bloody mindedness it’s his insistence that Clare is first on his team sheet! 😏

The whole weekend has left me wondering what to say ? I will never badmouth Craig Levein, he's too much of a Hearts man. But it is time for a change. The fortunes of my beloved club dictate whether I'm up or down, I'm down just now, but I wont stop following and believing in My Heart of Midlothian. And next week we will beat the Hibees. 'Cmon the Heeeeeeeeaaaaaaarrrrrts.  

Hey guys, sorry I'm drunk tonight, spent most of the night with traditional music friends and mountain rescue pals, some of the guys knew I was hurtin , about the Hearts. And were sympathetic. IE Glasses of good Malts`. 'Mon the Hearts.

15 minutes ago, whodanny said:

The whole weekend has left me wondering what to say ? I will never badmouth Craig Levein, he's too much of a Hearts man. But it is time for a change. The fortunes of my beloved club dictate whether I'm up or down, I'm down just now, but I wont stop following and believing in My Heart of Midlothian. And next week we will beat the Hibees. 'Cmon the Heeeeeeeeaaaaaaarrrrrts.  

Hey guys, sorry I'm drunk tonight, spent most of the night with traditional music friends and mountain rescue pals, some of the guys knew I was hurtin , about the Hearts. And were sympathetic. IE Glasses of good Malts`. 'Mon the Hearts.

I'm with you buddy, at times like this.....  

:olly:

Ann Budge is far from stupid. She knows that. What is going on just now cannot continue.  She is loyal though and I reckon that Levein will be pushed back to being DoF shortly and a new first team coach will be appointed. She won't let things float along without acting decisively.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
8 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

I noted that you referred to the onfield performance, but I don't accept the premise that because the "business" has done so well over the last five years that it in some way mitigates the deteriorating onfield performance that we have witnessed over the last three years.

I didn't say it did, you are creating that agenda to suit your own

4 minutes ago, farin said:

Trying to be a defender & failing. Badly. 🙈

He was put there two minutes earlier. It was a bomb scare and should have been punted into Upper G but just another mess of a substitution and re-shuffle.

2 hours ago, Deevers said:

Ann Budge is far from stupid. She knows that. What is going on just now cannot continue.  She is loyal though and I reckon that Levein will be pushed back to being DoF shortly and a new first team coach will be appointed. She won't let things float along without acting decisively.

If Levein gets punted By upstairs nothing will change! He will still have his negative presence at the Club and will be forever at loggerheads with a huge section of Hearts fans!

He has to go - we need a fresh start with a Manager who can motivate the players!

8 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

If Levein gets punted By upstairs nothing will change! He will still have his negative presence at the Club and will be forever at loggerheads with a huge section of Hearts fans!

He has to go - we need a fresh start with a Manager who can motivate the players!

Really is that simple.

He is now toxic.

Should be sacked, gone is the time he could have resigned.

All roads lead to Gorgie

I get the feeling that there was some kind of verbal agreement between AB and CL that he was assured of a job as long as she was in charge. 

I think it simple comes down to that but it is slowly killing our hopes of success. Make that quickly killing our hopes. 

Things have changed. Sack him now Ann! 

Edited by All roads lead to Gorgie
Wrong thread but point still stands

I get the feeling from her recent interviews that she is unpicking a lot of the structure that Levein out in place because basically, everyone reported to him. 

He was unsackable because the whole foot all structure would have collapsed. She has started to remedy this and I am hopeful is working out the finer details of his severence 

4 hours ago, Deevers said:

But she is letting things float along. After the last 3 seasons a blind man could see we where underachieving. Now its st the stage where we are s bottom 6 club. 

15 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

The commentator for the Killie Hibs match sounded like he was in a phone box. I wish they would stop trying to pretend he was at the game and just describe the action by talking through the edited highlights.

Haha. Just finished watching them. And spot on. Couldn't stop laughing at them (and hibs)

2 hours ago, chrisyboy7 said:

But she is letting things float along. After the last 3 seasons a blind man could see we where underachieving. Now its st the stage where we are s bottom 6 club. 

Don’t doubt that things are happening behind the scenes. 

• 1 month later...
22 minutes ago, Boof said:

Aw, bollox.

But thanks.

Blink and you missed them type highlights. Nothing of Uche's fine performance. 

Jambof3tornado
48 minutes ago, stan said:

Blink and you missed them type highlights. Nothing of Uche's fine performance. 

Shock horror. We have a decent performance and they dont show much of it.

Just watched it. Not much to it. Apart from the goals, they showed Uche’s shot off the bar and it was pretty much all Sevco otherwise.