Jamie Walker

salvo69

56 minutes ago, Boof said:

Only quoting Spoleto as I can't be ersed to write it meself...but does anyone know if we can insure players against injury?

Yes ....but it costs a fortune. 

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FruitJuice

• Spoleto

• 1971fozzy

• BarneyBattles44

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Jambof3tornado said:

I think this too but he will struggle for starts, which may suit him better coming on from the bench as I dont think he has the engine to play 90 minutes of stendel football

This is exactly the case. He is never free from injury long enough to build up his fitness levels.

Walker was coming onto a good game before he got injured making a last min tackle the edge of his own box. No often you'd say that about the kid :) The new gaffer will get him well drilled !!!

Jambof3tornado
Just now, McNelly15 said:

Walker was coming onto a good game before he got injured making a last min tackle the edge of his own box. No often you'd say that about the kid :) The new gaffer will get him well drilled !!!

I was always harsh on him before for not tracking back and he goes and tracks back and gets bloody injured. 

I think he could be a key player coming off the bench when running into/ tired defenders. Always has a goal in him.

Just now, Jambof3tornado said:

I was always harsh on him before for not tracking back and he goes and tracks back and gets bloody injured. 

I think he could be a key player coming off the bench when running into/ tired defenders. Always has a goal in him.

Totally! Was at the time when EVERYBODY was getting injured too though 😤

Definitely agree with that, get him having a pop outside the box and running at tired defenders. 

Unknown user
4 hours ago, oldtart said:

It's a bit of a myth that former players returning to Hearts don't do well second time round. As well as Robbo you can add Webster, Skacel and Stevenson who all played just as well on their return. I can only really think of Neil McCann who didn't shine second time round. Maybe there are more, but can't think of any at the moment.

John Colquhoun was a welcome returnee, Dave McPherson too

If Jamie can get fully fit he will definitely score goals and be a big asset for the rest of the season. 

Notice he's down at Anfield tonight 

Hope he doesn't do himself an injury celebrating a Pool goal , oh , forgot he's already out injured , lol 

rudi must stay
1 minute ago, ramrod said:

Hope he doesn't do himself an injury celebrating a Pool goal , oh , forgot he's already out injured , lol 

He's permanently injured. We should tear up his contract. Never going to do anything for you in the stands

On 01/01/2020 at 19:28, Smithee said:

John Colquhoun was a welcome returnee, Dave McPherson too

JC, yes, Donkey Dave no - his career ended when they invented the pass back rule. 

Cory McNamara

This video shows what Jamie (number 7) is capable of when he's OK. He just needs better partners in front of him.

part_time_jambo
18 hours ago, ramrod said:

Hilarious!

Jambo 4 Ever
19 hours ago, ramrod said:

he shouldn't be there.... he should be here at the gym or doing more to get fit again

8 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

he shouldn't be there.... he should be here at the gym or doing more to get fit again

He is on holiday, can go wherever he pleases   

Edited by soonbe110

Jambo 4 Ever
1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

Maybe he should be working on his fitness as he seems to be on a permanent holiday from actually playing

1 minute ago, Natural Orders said:

Maybe he should be working on his fitness as he seems to be on a permanent holiday from actually playing

I’m sure he has been. Sometimes a break can work wonders. In any case he is pretty much fit again. 

1 minute ago, Natural Orders said:

Maybe he is. He can’t train all day every day though. He’d end up just being tired.

2 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Surprised, was under the impression Stendel cancelled all holidays.

Uche cancelled all his plans to stay and improve fitness that's for sure. 

Or is Walker fit enough to play the type of game Stendel wants? 😏

Edited by Robbo-Jambo

3 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Surprised, was under the impression Stendel cancelled all holidays.

Uche cancelled all his plans to stay and improve fitness that's for sure. 

Or is Walker fit enough to play the type of game Stendel wants? 😏

Believe they have been off since Aberdeen game and report back on Monday. Lot of them at a wedding today I suspect. 

Just now, soonbe110 said:

Believe they have been off since Aberdeen game and report back on Monday. Lot of them at a wedding today I suspect. 

Ah right not so bad then. 

Who's wedding? 

I am a nosey git. 😉

Pants Shaton

I doubt Walker 2020 has much of a future at Hearts, or anywhere else at this level.

I hope I’m wrong - he was feted as the most promising talent in Scotland when he was about 14 years old - just never fully stepped up - or never for long 

1 minute ago, Pants Shaton said:

I doubt Walker 2020 has much of a future at Hearts, or anywhere else at this level.

I hope I’m wrong - he was feted as the most promising talent in Scotland when he was about 14 years old - just never fully stepped up - or never for long 

Never thought we should have taken him back but like you..I hope I’m wrong

9 minutes ago, Sherbet said:

And king

Nope neither were able to effect  a game as much as Walker , when he scored 14 goals in half the season he was doing the lot even tracking back  dragged the team forward always a threat , injuries and the speculation season fkd it for him and us , shouldn’t have returned tho , think we saw in the game he broke a bone the old Jamie in spells

7 hours ago, Natural Orders said:

Maybe Liverpool have signed him...

9 minutes ago, qferryjam said:

Nope neither were able to effect  a game as much as Walker , when he scored 14 goals in half the season he was doing the lot even tracking back  dragged the team forward always a threat , injuries and the speculation season fkd it for him and us , shouldn’t have returned tho , think we saw in the game he broke a bone the old Jamie in spells

Agree

Guest ToqueJambo
39 minutes ago, qferryjam said:

He really suffered under Cathro. With Paterson injured and Djoum away he suddenly became our main man - even captain for a game or two I think - and didn't seem comfortable with the responsibility. He should flourish when just given a role and allowed to play his game.

jamboinglasgow
5 hours ago, FruitJuice said:

He'll probably boot the ring out of the church when it gets to him  

Nah, he will make a mistake allowing his best man to nip in and marry the bride.

20 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

He really suffered under Cathro. With Paterson injured and Djoum away he suddenly became our main man - even captain for a game or two I think - and didn't seem comfortable with the responsibility. He should flourish when just given a role and allowed to play his game.

🤞🤞yep and I tend to forget the Cathro/ Levein effect On the whole club , when talking about individual players 

coatbridgejambo
9 minutes ago, qferryjam said:

🤞🤞yep and I tend to forget the Cathro/ Levein effect On the whole club , when talking about individual players 

everyone deserves a clean slate under danny

just look at clare recently.