Sean Clare.

Whatever

Genuinely not seeing it. Seen most of the game today. Added to the league cup games and his performances last season.

So want him to do well but there’s not a lot to go on, is there?

No pant wetting, scapegoating, personal dislike of the guy. Far from it.

What does he bring to the team? 

What am I missing?

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spoleto

• Thomaso

• pettigrewsstylist

• Peebo

I think he can play in the middle but only in a 3 man central midfield, he needs to have two defensive minded players next to him like haring and whelan, that will allow him to get on the ball more and drive forward but as of right now he’s a bench player, hasn’t shown enough to be starting and I don’t know why he stayed on over Irving imo 

2 minutes ago, Whatever said:

Genuinely not seeing it. Seen most of the game today. Added to the league cup games and his performances last season.

So want him to do well but there’s not a lot to go on, is there?

No pant wetting, scapegoating, personal dislike of the guy. Far from it.

What am I missing?

I couldn't agree more with this. 

It’s like waiting for a lottery win he just isn’t doing it for me 

Whelan will improve us ,we need steel in the middle plus another 

TyphoonJambo

Im not one to get on a Hearts players nack but i honestly don't see what the hype is all about

For every good thing he does, he follows it up with a **** up. I've been shot down for criticising his commitment before but i genuinely don't see a spl midfielder on him

The sheep boy, Ojo had him on toast ffs. 

Never Let Them Forget

Honestly think he’ll be a star for us. Just needs a Haring beside him or dare I say it a Whelan. 

I think it's as much about what's ahead of him as what's beside him. Until Naismith and Washington came on, there was no movement ahead of Clare, so there were no passes on for him to make. 

A_A wehatethehibs

I honestly haven’t seen it either but for some reason my gut is still telling me to be patient with him, my subconscious mind must be seeing something which my conscious mind cannot see. Could be that the right partner is all that’s needed to unlock Clare. 

One things for sure, we really do need him to come good or we are up the creek 

gowestjambo

I have no idea what some fans or Levein sees in him. Just how many games is it going to take before he is worthy of a place in the team?.

A Project that is destined to end in failure. I wish he had been our Superstar, but he just aint got it!!

5 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Another Sean Clare thread.

Yay. This hasn't been done to ****ing death.

I know.  Now the whipping boy along with Uche when things don’t go our way.

Don't think he had a particularly good game today, however he has become all too easy a target.  Our midfield is way too light weight. Hopefully Whelan will add some steel. 

Phil Dunphy
2 minutes ago, Deevers said:

I know.  Now the whipping boy along with Uche when things don’t go our way.

Don't think he had a particularly good game today, however he has become all too easy a target.  Our midfield is way too light weight. Hopefully Whelan will add some steel. 

I don't think anyone was all that great today, until Naismith came on.

But folk need a scapegoat, I suppose.

Phil Dunphy
1 minute ago, Whatever said:

Absolute garbage.

You're right.

Starting ANOTHER thread about Sean Clare after a defeat is absolute garbage.

Just now, Phil Dunphy said:

You're right.

Starting ANOTHER thread about Sean Clare after a defeat is absolute garbage.

Why do you think threads are being started?

You honestly think I enjoy seeing him perform poorly?

So, back to the questions asked and the pertinent points that you somehow always fail to address in your defence of the boy.

What am I missing?

He's simply being used by some posters to criticise the manager in a round about way

They have an agenda (in it's loosest sense) to get Levein out and will say anything to aid that viewpoint

Clare has done okay and this season is important for him and the club..he has been no failure but some are trying to paint him as one

I'll say it again some on here think their point of view is more important than the clubs success..they have gone so far in their criticism of the manager they will do almost anything to influence opinion

William H. Bonney
2 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

Think he would do well for us under a more positive manager.

That probably applies to the majority of the team. Their confidence is being sapped due to adhering to awful tactics 

1 minute ago, CJGJ said:

He's simply being used by some posters to criticise the manager in a round about way

They have an agenda (in it's loosest sense) to get Levein out and will say anything to aid that viewpoint

Clare has done okay and this season is important for him and the club..he has been no failure but some are trying to paint him as one

I'll say it again some on here think their point of view is more important than the clubs success..they have gone so far in their criticism of the manager they will do almost anything to influence opinion

:wtfvlad:

I want Levein to stay.

As soon as hearts lose, guaranteed to be a Sean Clare post. Every time! 

If Walker hadn’t scored today it would’ve been the same. 

1 minute ago, Whatever said:

Why do you think threads are being started?

You honestly think I enjoy seeing him perform poorly?

So, back to the questions asked and the pertinent points that you somehow always fail to address in your defence of the boy.

What am I missing?

We all want players to do well in a maroon jersey but it’s fickle to go out yer road to bum a player up, to dress their performances up as to make out they’re effective. Many do this I think.

I don’t think he’s imposing enough. Flits in and out and doesn’t do enough to link up with the striker. You look at Irving slipping nice balls forward, on the front foot and anticipating he may nick the ball to then get forward. 

I don’t think Clare necessarily keeps focus. His mind seems to drift. 

12 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

But folk need a scapegoat, I suppose.

👍  they sure do.  If it’s not Uche it’s Clare.

lets just see what he can do with the likes of Naismith playing.

1 minute ago, CJGJ said:

Complete rubbish. He gets criticised because he's flattered to deceive for his entire Hearts career. He is utterly anonymous in almost every game he plays, bar the odd touch of skill that gets our hopes up. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Talented player but a luxury. One we can little afford for the moment. 

He will have his moments. 

Home matches against bottom 6 sides useful,  away against top 6,  going to struggle 

Howdy Doody Jambo

Think we need a new keeper to start with, Clare can run with the ball at his feet but just doesn't get torn in, he will end up on the bench if he doesn't take more responsibility 

BervieJambo

Funny how different people see the same thing differently... to me he was our best player today (Naismith excepted). Always trying to get on the ball and push it forward to Walker & Mulraney. Looked even better when Naismith came on as he is much better at creating space. However, I don’t think the Irving partnership works as they are too similar. Both played well enough, but their styles don’t complement each other. Putting a Haring or Whelan or even Michael Smith next to him and he’ll be a vital cog in the team.

Genuinely thinks he's too good for Scottish fitbaw but the reality is that he's pish and the English League 1 is his actual level.

2 minutes ago, stotty said:

Complete rubbish. He gets criticised because he's flattered to deceive for his entire Hearts career. He is utterly anonymous in almost every game he plays, bar the odd touch of skill that gets our hopes up. 

Correct.

People slagging him off but no one wants to mention “schoolboy defending” by Berra and Clevid! God forbid anyone says anything about club captain or so called Jambo soldier ! (One good game is all he’s had).

TyphoonJambo
15 minutes ago, Whatever said:

Absolute garbage.

But the usual retort. If you don't get Clare, your a football ******. I agree with a previous poster who says his position should be given to Connor Smith. I can only assume he's great in training. 

Just now, PB21 said:

People slagging him off but no one wants to mention “schoolboy defending” by Berra and Clevid! God forbid anyone says anything about club captain or so called Jambo soldier ! (One good game is all he’s had).

Bad defending from Berra, worse goalkeeping from Bobby and surely no one ever thought Dikamona was ang good? None of this changes the fact that Clare is guff. 

TyphoonJambo
7 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

👍  they sure do.  If it’s not Uche it’s Clare.

lets just see what he can do with the likes of Naismith playing.

Bollox, hes sold the jumpers too many times im afraid. 

Just now, TypoonJambo said:

Bollox, hes sold the jumpers too many times im afraid. 

Well we will just agree to disagree. 

3 minutes ago, stotty said:

Bad defending from Berra, worse goalkeeping from Bobby and surely no one ever thought Dikamona was ang good? None of this changes the fact that Clare is guff. 

Stotty behave yourself. If you are indeed the stotty I know 😏

BarneyBattles44

Dear o dear

If and when Sean gets a CM or a crazy minder he's never going to get on the ball on the front football in a positive way..

Shocking use of an asset fast becoming a scape goat.

He and a fitter Uche are useless and Luxury's if you don't use them correctly . just plain crazy

I want Seany boy to ram a few better performances in 

How's he going to do that chained to brick wall tactics makes me despair for the lad

Add to that he was fierce an competitive at times

Waste of talent

I ll wait see if we get the General In. Before I want to throttle anyone or cry about it

8108.jpeg

59 minutes ago, campbell said:

I think he can play in the middle but only in a 3 man central midfield, he needs to have two defensive minded players next to him like haring and whelan, that will allow him to get on the ball more and drive forward but as of right now he’s a bench player, hasn’t shown enough to be starting and I don’t know why he stayed on over Irving imo 

Absolutely will be better in a 3. As will Irving. I think those two and Haring (Or Whelan, if it happens) is a very good midfield at this level.

Bazzas right boot

He might come good and will have his uses in our midfield.

However, His record in a Hearts jersey must be pretty poor tbh. Not all on the lad at all, but he isn't that good that he should be playing all the time. Drifts in/ out of games far too much and imo should be dropped asap for his own good as well as the teams.

Thrown in at the deep end this last term, but that should be benefitting him now, unfortunately he seems to be continuing the trend of showing the odd nice touch here and there, winning a tackle or two but having little or no influence on the actual game for any length of time.

I'd expect him to make way for Naismith .

Not writing him off, but right now he isn't good enough to be starting all the time for us.

25 minutes ago, Dino Velvet said:

That probably applies to the majority of the team. Their confidence is being sapped due to adhering to awful tactics 

Tactics that had us 2-1 up until 2 brain farts cost us

been here before

Can I book a slot to start next weeks Sean Clare thread please or do I have to wait until nearer the time?

Rocky jamboa

He's like playing with a man down and is anonymous for large parts of games. Dont know how good he is as you only see glimpses of him. Needs to get involved more in games but should be a back up player for us now as has had enough chances. I'd prefer cochrane or smith get a chance ahead of him.