Penalty taker ?, Who now....

4forDevries

4forDevries

Who do you want to see on pen duties ?. We have seen plenty lately. Michael Smith hits a cracker .....not Clare though.

Holyrood_Hearts
24 minutes ago, 4forDevries said:

Who do you want to see on pen duties ?. We have seen plenty lately. Michael Smith hits a cracker .....not Clare though.

Clare’s been the regular taker for months now. Don’t think he’s missed yet 🤷🏼‍♂️

4forDevries

Clare missed his last pen in the shoot out. What's more, they never looked convincing before that IMO. If the keeper guesses the right way and gets down its saved. Michael Smith's pens on the other hand left both keepers routed to the spot.

Edited by 4forDevries
Addition

4forDevries
3 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

Naismith

Fair pick. But good chance he will not be on the park in the last 20 mins when some frantic defending and attacking occurs and some tired mistakes etc that awards a penalty. You need a number 2 taker I think.

Sean's been the best we've had for a while. Good technique and, shootout in Fife excepted, he's been very good. 

Naisy not so much. 

A_A wehatethehibs

100% Naismith

Maybe Washington is a good penalty taker? Give him one to get his account opened 

Brighton Jambo

Sean Claire has been excellent on penalties and if on the field should remain the first choice taker, no question.

Naismith missed a couple of crucial penalties last season in games we dropped much needed points.  He shouldn’t be taking them.

The Internet
1 hour ago, 4forDevries said:

Clare missed his last pen in the shoot out. What's more, they never looked convincing before that IMO. If the keeper guesses the right way and gets down its saved. Michael Smith's pens on the other hand left both keepers routed to the spot.

Michael Smith who missed his most recent non-shootout penalty. Clare's are always right in the corner but people genuinely hate him so no surprises here. 

Clare...he missed one in a nothing penalty shootout and was a couple inches from a cracker. Folk saying Michael smith....hes missed the same amount as Clare has (which cost me £100 so i'm biased)

August Landmesser
2 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Michael Smith who missed his most recent non-shootout penalty. Clare's are always right in the corner but people genuinely hate him so no surprises here. 

A lot of the same folk who hate Clare also hated Djoum and Isma.

Mysterious...

Igglepiggle

Clare's penalties last season looked convincing, and Naismith missed two before being taken off them so would imagine it will still be Clare despite his miss at East Fife.

Soapy Soutar
17 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Halkett took them for Livi. He'd be my chouce, then Clare.

He scored 1 penalty last season

Mr Elwood P
2 hours ago, 4forDevries said:

Sean Clare.

stirlingshirejambo

Definitely not Walker. Happy for Clare to continue. He also thrives on confidence so any goal would be a boost

Absolute Scenes

Non contest, every one of Clare’s penalties have been cracking bar last week. You don’t drop someone whose scored them consistently after missing one. Naismith missed too many and his were too lazily taken. Clare has good technique.

Soapy Soutar

Clare without question

Naismith missed a few and never looked convincing.

Folk wanting halkett based on what??

4forDevries

A penalty for Hearts is normally a blast of jubilation followed by a lifetime of trepidation....

BackOfTheNet

Sean Clare always. Anyone saying anything else is conveniently forgetting their misses (Walker, Naismith, Smith) or is expecting someone they’ve not seen take a penalty be better than Clare who is the first person since Hartley I’ve been genuinely confident when he’s taking them and was surprised when he missed last week. This really shouldn’t be a thread, there’s no question it should be Clare.

AlphonseCapone
2 hours ago, 4forDevries said:

Never looked convincing? Wtf are you on about. Penalties are binary things, you score or you don't. How they look count for nothing. You're not shaggging them ffs. 

Edited by AlphonseCapone

4forDevries
1 minute ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Never looked convincing? Wtf are you on about. Penalties are binary things, you score or you don't. How they look count for nothing. You're not shaggging them ffs. 

Disagree. There are pens that leave keepers routed to the spot and pens keepers nearly get a hand to. I prefer the former.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

This thread has to be the most obvious troll. Clare 100% in regulation, never looked liked missing but yet Naismith who has is a fair pick

New depths every day :lol:

42 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

Mysterious...

Worrying. 

4forDevries
6 minutes ago, Shrekeo said:

What a weird thread.

Half a dozen names put forward from Hearts fans. Clare winning that vote certainly. Can't help think he is still being shoe-horned into the side. Everyone saying CM is our weakest area but not many would have Clare out wide before Walker. Hope this is Sean's year.

10 minutes ago, 4forDevries said:

Disagree. There are pens that leave keepers routed to the spot and pens keepers nearly get a hand to. I prefer the former.

Penalty takers don’t leave keepers rooted to the spot. Keepers leave keepers rooted to the spot. 

JamboGraham
5 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

This thread has to be the most obvious troll. Clare 100% in regulation, never looked liked missing but yet Naismith who has is a fair pick

New depths every day :lol:

Indeed...

Clare in 90 minutes....taken 3, scored 3, matches won 3...

Every player is worthy of debate over the inclusion in the starting 11, but if this boy is on the park he takes the penalties until his record changes...

Bunny Munro

Clare.

I thought it was telling Walker didn't take one of our first 5 in the shootout (think he went 7th?). It's like he's realised.

BackOfTheNet
4 minutes ago, 4forDevries said:

Half a dozen names put forward from Hearts fans. Clare winning that vote certainly. Can't help think he is still being shoe-horned into the side. Everyone saying CM is our weakest area but not many would have Clare out wide before Walker. Hope this is Sean's year.

I’d have Clare ahead of Walker every day of the week. I hope both players step on this season but to suggest anything Walker has done so far this season (not to mention his time in England and his last few months with us last time) should put him ahead of Clare is nonsensical.

44 minutes ago, Soapy Soutar said:

He scored 1 penalty last season

100% record though 😁

How many did he score the previous season? Something in my head told me he was their pen taker.

The Future's Maroon

1st choice - Clare

2nd choice - Smith

3rd choice - Walker 

Soapy Soutar
4 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

100% record though 😁

How many did he score the previous season? Something in my head told me he was their pen taker.

Not sure its a 100% recors

7 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

100% record though 😁

He scored 1 last season in league and 1 the season before so 100% record.

Missed 1 in the challenge cup season before however

1 hour ago, August Landmesser said:

Mysterious...

I liked Djoum and Isma and think Clare is hopeless not very mysterious