Post Office fraud, Royal Mail

Jambothump

I eventually found this web site https://www.postoffice.co.uk/contact-us-complaint

I know many of you consider this trivial well just be happy putting up with bad service.

Currie, Edinburgh Post Office, on August 2nd at aprox. 1PM, flatly refused to send an item of mine as a large letter £2.86, insisting they wanted it to go as a a small parcel £4.40. Previously a large letter had to fall through the 25mm slot in the letter guide. On the 9th April 2018 a memo was sent out by the Post Office, and I quote "You should be able to place the Letter through the relevant slot by pushing it through with your fingertips and then pulling it gently from the other side with relative ease. Don't damage the items by trying to force them through the slot they are too big for. Do not force air from items where there is risk of re-expansion." I have this text on my phone, from a previous instance at the excellent Asda Chesser, Edinburgh, Post Office, where I wished to pay as a small parcel rather than the cheaper Large Letter. The teller showed me  the memo which I photographed.  The item was wishing to send at Currie, Edinburgh, Post Office, was a in a box specifically designed to post as a large letter, the only thing stopping it from dropping through the slot was the single strap of thin adhesive tape I'd used to seal it. Asda Chesser Edinburgh, Post Office, where I eventually went had no issue at all with the item being a large letter. I showed the Currie Edinburgh, Post Office the text above, but both the teller and the supervisor had no interest in reading it. They are not complying with Post Office standards and procedures and are defrauding customers by their lack of training in their work. I would like an apology from them, Currie Edinburgh, Post Office, for the inconvenience they caused me. I returned later and showed the supervisor the receipt for my package then sent as a Large Letter, they were totally unrepentant as to their previous behaviour. This is not the type of service that a national institution such as the Post Office should be delivering